Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IRAQ CHAPTER 7 TO END IN 2012

On a conference call tonight, Scooter addressed this. He said yes, they can RV and still be under sanctions, but the UN, World Bank, IMF, and the WTO would not like it, and would make their activities in the international markets almost impossible. Iraq needs, not required, to be out of Chapter 7 and then RV in order to stay in the good graces of the above entities. Without compliance, they are will not be what they would like to be in the world.

• Upvote 6

im guessing the beginning of 2012 they will be completely removed.

Bases on the UN Compensation Commission list, it will take a few more years before Kuwait is full paid off... If the sanctions under Chapter 7 (Resolutions) are held until that happens, then they will not be removed until that balance is paid in full (ie. a few more years).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On a conference call tonight, Scooter addressed this. He said yes, they can RV and still be under sanctions, but the UN, World Bank, IMF, and the WTO would not like it, and would make their activities in the international markets almost impossible. Iraq needs, not required, to be out of Chapter 7 and then RV in order to stay in the good graces of the above entities. Without compliance, they are will not be what they would like to be in the world.

It makes sense, we'll see what happens.

• Upvote 1

Expect an official announcement when Maliki meets with Obama next week at the WH. This coincides with Obama declaring the Iraq War officially over. This paves the way for RV any time after Christmas or New Year's. What a great way to welcome in 2012.

Luigi,

Yes, I read an article yesterday that said on the 13th President Obama and his (lack of fashion) Wife are having the celebration ceremony at the White House, Maliki in attendance.

(lack of fashion) did I say that out loud, sorry that part wasn't said.......I guess I've just heard it so many times from my wife it slipped out, anyway

they call this a speculation for a reason so I'm going to throw this out..............Santa is taking Mr M to Kuwait today by "force if necessary" to sign a promissory Christmas Wish List to get all their problems solved...making the UN kids very happy....and then its off to see "you know who" at the WH as Luigi puts it.......now on the way Mr M drops a few presents off at Iran.......no they don't land.....he drops them from the slay dummy...some good old fashion booms.....taking out our property we lost and some raving nut called Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and some guy named Sadr.......he was later IDed by his big L on is forehead and the letters DA stuck to the back of his jacket he was wearing,.....WOW..got kinda carried away with that part, sorry.......I got to be careful my 6 year old boys helping with this.....the spelling that is..........NO he's not helping I don't like him using the words like Obama..come on!!......Now where was I.. oh!! as they were about 25,000 ft over the Atlantic Santa has a hart to hart talk with Mr M about his personal thoughts on how to make sure Iraq becomes the leading country in the Middle East..as this is going on, all the reindeer are talking about their plans to go on the Disney Cruise after their dash around the world in a few weeks.......I need to end this story I got research to do........fast forward...Mr M talks in front of Congress on the 12th...RV...Celebration @ WH on the 13th..Chapter VII released and celebration at the US Embassy on the 15th..............and everyone has the best Christmas EVER!!!!!!! The End Wait, did I mention the RV :P:D:lol::D

You may wonder where I get my info, it was from a Elf, his name is Okie The-Elf-Man, lol.....have a great day everyone

Disclaimer; this was all written in fun and all the names were changed to protect their identity. ;)

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!! WE SOULD BE DONE WITH THIS BY THE END OF 2012!!!

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY DR J AND IRVMAN BOTH SAID IT WOULDNT HAPPEN UNTIL 2012...THEY ARE PROBABLY ENJOYING THIS NEWS.

I get the feeling that you've been invested less than a year. Yes? I believe we'll all be happy for closure and/or RV, but for folks like myself that have been in it for years, 2012 brings on an "ugh" followed by a shrug. Us "vets" would love to see it this year. The sooner the better!

• Upvote 3

Bases on the UN Compensation Commission list, it will take a few more years before Kuwait is full paid off... If the sanctions under Chapter 7 (Resolutions) are held until that happens, then they will not be removed until that balance is paid in full (ie. a few more years).

Another item that Scooter addressed was that Iraq had to create a track record: payments, establishment of a government, following fiscal advice, etc. They have done this. They have paid their bills, established a government, created necessary laws.... As far as I know, 18 Billion is still owed to Kuwait and they pay 5% of their oil revenue on a quarterly basis to Kuwait. I would not think that an RV would be held up when the structure for payment is there, they have been compliant, and they have the ability to continue making payments. Iraq has established their track record and credit history, so to speak.

2012 means no taxes from cashing in this year. THat would be a little supprising to me.

I am not sure of the exact amount, but if you cashed in a boatload of dinar, you are required to pay your taxes quarterly. That means if you cashed in a large amount in December 2011, your taxes would be due March 30, 2012.

Maybe someone knows the amount required for quarterly filing.

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!! WE SOULD BE DONE WITH THIS BY THE END OF 2012!!!

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY DR J AND IRVMAN BOTH SAID IT WOULDNT HAPPEN UNTIL 2012...THEY ARE PROBABLY ENJOYING THIS NEWS.

I don't know Irvman, but I doubt seriously if Dr J is enjoying this. His ego doesn't run like that, and he knows people need this.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1