Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Questions for Adams chat 11-2-11 :)

kcw

Adam

How can Iraq back 30 trillion dinar at $1us today, when they only valued 30 billion dinar at $3.22us during Sadaam's time? They have the same amount of natural resources now that they had back then for all practical purposes. Then.....30 billion dinar had market value of $96.6 billion us dollars.....today if they RV at $1 per the 30 trillion dinar would value of $30 trillion us dollars....that's an increase of $29.9 trillion us dollars in value??????

I tended to agree with your 10 cents RV because it would have only increased the market value of their currency by $2.9 trillion us dollars....seemed like something a new democratic government could realistically support with a little help from the rest of the world. Does anybody have an idea of how much $29 trillion dollars is.....how it fits into the overall global monetary picture? Please help me to understand this in as simple terms as you can.....thanks

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for admitting you Could be wrong...I appreciate that....?...Can you give us the general business positions of the RESPECTED friends/contacts you have that made you rethink your position...Idont need names or who the work for just a general description of what they do for a living if it is related to financial investments.

• Upvote 1

Adam - With all of your years and knowledge on the subject you obviously put a lot of thought into your thesis before you posted it for all to read. What was said to you in the past 5 days that you hadn't already considered all this time? Seems like a pretty sudden change in your position about the potential RV rate.

• Upvote 6

From your email the statement "But I am hearing a lot of persuasive talk from some very smart people

that makes me think I could be very wrong, and we'll see that very

soon." Has my head spinning :)

There are so many saying "this week", which has been the popular statement for years I know, but when YOU say very soon what are your feelings time wise? Are you still leaning towards Thanksgiving or maybe New years or just a feeling that it is closer than it ever has been? Thank you for your information and updates. :)

• Upvote 2

In light of your recent e-mail what is your anticipated new rate of exchange?

It is my understanding that once the rv rate is announced it must stay at this rate for 90 days before it can be changed again. Is there a limit to how much it could rv after the 90 days. Are these hard and fast rules? Who established the rules WTO or the IMF or someone else?

Edited by cgbrown
  • Upvote 2

Adam, your thesis makes a lot of sense and from a business point of view it explains why the CBI would not go into debt accommodating the RV. While the CBI would go into debt initially with a higher RV rate, each subsequent auction and the spread they could collect would quickly pay off that initially high RV debt. Won't a rate of at least $1 be necessary to create international interest in investment in the IQD and give the residents of Iraq incentive to stop using USD (including the black market)? Do you think the current 50, 250 and 500 IQD notes will have a 90-day post-RV expiration like you think the larger notes may have?

• Upvote 1

Adam,

Could not help myself, I am just a lurker mostly, but read the email about you possibly being wrong on the rv rate. I totally agree with your prediction, but would also love it if your wrong. My husband and I have conversations about the rate and what each other think it might be an why. Good Luck to you!!!! lol

• Upvote 1

Hey Adam,

I'm sure this question will be asked a hundred times before you post your answers, but your email about potentially being wrong has got to be the biggest "News" I have seen in quite some time! I know you can't reveal your sources and frankly I don't care who they are...if you trust them that is good enough for me...but what would be interesting to know is what they said that has you even potentially changing your mind. Can you speculate with the rest of us by telling us THAT info PLEASE? When you say that you could be "very wrong"...how wrong are we talking??? $1, $3??? wink.gif GO RV!!!cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

• Upvote 2

Hi Adam,

I know you will be closing V. I. P. As soon as the rate changes. ......mine is due for renewal on 10th november. However, I am in hospital and have too many bills this month for my reduced salary. So would I be allowed to renew later considering I have already had. V. I. P membership? Assuming it R. V ' s after the 10t

Thanks for all your help

Bettyboop.

• Upvote 1

Adam,

With my research, I believe I have found that the IMF is basically in charge. Iraq needs to get out of Article XIV with them and into Article VIII (which is what they want to do)

Do you know the exact stipulations Iraq needs to complete to accomplish this? And have they, or are they, close to getting there?

Thanks

P.S. Thanks for implementing the "Anti-Bullying Act" on this site!!!!!!!!!!! B)

I am not sure where I got this but can you clarify for me... Can they change the rate any day they want or does it have to be on either the 1st or 15th of the month only? Are there rules or laws regarding when and how often rate changes can occur? Thanks!

http://www.un.org/depts/treasury/

The Operational rates of exchange listed herein are intended only for the internal record-keeping of the United Nations. No warranty of accuracy can be given and the United Nations shall not assume any responsibility in connection with the present publication of these rates. Generally, the rates are updated monthly, based on market conditions. Adjustments are also made following official government devaluations or revaluations.

I'm not Adam but I hope this helps

Bodeen

• Upvote 1

Please only post questions for Adam's Official chat for 11-2-11 in this thread :)

Hi Adam,

It was said a long time ago that the Iraqi people were very proud, and they would want to revalue close to or more than Kuwait's money value is. Presently it's valued at 3.6 to the USD. Was this partly the reason for you changing your mind on the possible rate?

Hello. Hope I am posting this in the right place this time; If there's a cash-in window for large denominations (which I'm assuming 10,000 or 25,000 would be), would it make sense and/or be possible to cash in large denoms for smaller denoms to hold onto for later and possibly higher returns? Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Adam- In light of many believing that the troop withdrawal will be a major piece in the puzzle to remove CH. 7 ... do you believe they basically have to have all the troops out in order to finalize the removal of CH. 7, or could they remove it as they see the intention of the removal of troops is evident? Just askin! Thanks!