Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Buying Dinars this year compared to the past years. Social Security Issues

NotReallyTex

I bought mine last year and was not asked for my SS number. This year the same seller is saying that he is required to get SS numbers for all new sales.

I think that's a good sign because perhaps that means that our own government thinks we have money to be taxed. Yup I know THAT part of it sucks but the fact they they think we will come into some money makes me feel better about this whole thing.

What I am wondering about is ...... Has anyone who bought Dinars prior to this year been asked to produce a SS number now? I am just wondering if they are going to try to dig deeper for past sales. I don't mind giving my SS number if I have to but would rather not and since I wasn't asked for it for the Dinars I bought at the time I don't want to now.

Anyone else here have similar experienes or worry about this?

Thanks

I have never been asked when I have bought dinars but from what I understand if you were to buy them from a bank such as TD Bank, they will ask for SSN. From what I understand, TD has always been asking for SSN. The websites I've purchased from never asked me for SSN though.

Have any of you bought this year and not been asked?

I figured when I cash in I would be asked but was curious about the change in asking when you purchase as compared to last year.

Guess part of why I was asking is if we have a RV and are not forced to cash in all at once I might keep some of my Dinar somewhere safe. I don't really think anyone has to know what I have stored somewhere safe. It's my business what I have till I cash it in, or at least it should be.

I wouldn't even think about it. The govt will most definitely get their due whether you gave your SS# or not on the purchase. There is no way around this one. I would certainly paid any taxes required if this completes to a successful RV/RI. It's what you would call the "Midas muffle" syndrome - you can pay me now or pay me later (with penalties & interest).

Have any of you bought this year and not been asked?

I figured when I cash in I would be asked but was curious about the change in asking when you purchase as compared to last year.

Guess part of why I was asking is if we have a RV and are not forced to cash in all at once I might keep some of my Dinar somewhere safe. I don't really think anyone has to know what I have stored somewhere safe. It's my business what I have till I cash it in, or at least it should be.

I find it both amusing and scary how many people come on here and freely illustrate how ignorant they are in their own financial matters and tax obligations.

First, if you are holding dinar, it is cash and not a check. You do not cash it in for US dollars, or Euros or any other currency; you exchange it. Therefore, because you hold cash, if the currency you hold (any currency other than US dollars) increases in value against the dollar, even if you are still holding dinar, you are obligated to pay tax on the gain in value calculated in US dollars, by the end of the fiscal year in which you realized the gain.

Quit thinking of the NID as a check. A check is a promissory note from the issuer, stating that they promise to pay you a sum of money, that they are holding until you redeem the check (cash it). Therefore you have not yet taken possession of the funds and thus can defer the receipt of the funds, and tax obligation, to a later date.

Additionally it is the business of the IRS as to what financial gains you have experienced, and thus it is your responsibility to disclose the gain.

Any one like me that is drawing Social Security and is less than full retirment age, needs to contact ss and stop your benifits and make araingments to pay back everything you have been paid. That stops you from paying thr penitaly for making too much money and you can draw max benifits at full retirement age.

For those interested in asset protection when the IQD revalues - there is an excellent discussion on KTF Missions Forum. It is titled Dinar Millionaires Club. Much good info. You have to learn how to protect your assets like the big boys do. In 1970 Nelson Rockefeller paid $689. 58 in taxes and that's more than they usually pay. Find out how!