Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IQD and USD 1-1?

platelunch

It has been said by the CBI that the removal of the 3 zeros will enhance the value of the IQD, increase purchasing power, and lead to an exchange rate of 1 IQD to 1 USD.

The question I have is wouldn't a LOP produce the same results? If dropping 3 zeros off a 25,000IQD note makes it a 25 dinar note and it's 1-1, that note would be worth $25. The CBI current price for IQD is roughly $840 per 1 Million IQD. After the dropping of 3 zeros that one million at a 1-1 rate would now cost us $1,000, which gives the IQD an increase of $160 USD. I hope I'm making sense.

So... wouldn't a LOP enhance the value of IQD, increase the purchasing power, and lead to an exchange rate of 1-1?

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on this. Been invested for a couple years, and am very hopeful of an increase in value. But want to study all the options that are out there.

Thanks!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That is the thing that most people don't put into their equations when discussing if a 'lop' (aka redenomination) would be beneficial to the Iraqis.

If they went from their current value to a 1 IQD to 1 USD rate, it would constitute around a 16% increase in value to the currency. If prices were to be adjusted to accommodate the rise in value, it would increase both the value and purchasing power of the currency for Iraqis.

Basically, if merchants repriced a product that is currently worth 25,000 dinar, $21.50 approx., to 21.5 'new' dinar (or 21,500 'old dinar') after a 'lop' (aka redenomination) - the Iraqis would see an immediate increase in their purchasing power and value of the dinar they hold.

It has been said by the CBI that the removal of the 3 zeros will enhance the value of the IQD, increase purchasing power, and lead to an exchange rate of 1 IQD to 1 USD.

The question I have is wouldn't a LOP produce the same results? If dropping 3 zeros off a 25,000IQD note makes it a 25 dinar note and it's 1-1, that note would be worth $25. The CBI current price for IQD is roughly $840 per 1 Million IQD. After the dropping of 3 zeros that one million at a 1-1 rate would now cost us $1,000, which gives the IQD an increase of $160 USD. I hope I'm making sense.

So... wouldn't a LOP enhance the value of IQD, increase the purchasing power, and lead to an exchange rate of 1-1?

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on this. Been invested for a couple years, and am very hopeful of an increase in value. But want to study all the options that are out there.

Thanks!

Removal of the three zeros is a LOP......that's what they are talking about.....unfortunately.....

A lop or a rv would increase purchasing power and the value.....as the end result anyway

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks!

theres many things that can take place no one knows we wait to see what they do we can speculate till we are all blue in the face but no one will know until we see it.

• Upvote 1