Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Taxes Taken Once The Dinar RVs

Qman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the taxes will not be taken when you cash in. You will be responsible to pay the taxes at the end of the year. Save your receipts because I believe Capital gains are the rule we will follow: Long term 15% Short term 35% Short term is anything less the a year. This is just my opinion and always seek advice from a competent financial advisor. Oh and don't forget about state taxes if they apply to your state.

I understand that I will pay short term capital gains since I will not have owned my dinar a year (I hope!). My understanding is that I will pay the tax of the bracket I fall in with my other income (which is minimal). So unless they count the dinar profits in with my ordinary income, I should only be paying 15%. Can anyone confirm or explain otherwise? Thanks.

I understand that I will pay short term capital gains since I will not have owned my dinar a year (I hope!). My understanding is that I will pay the tax of the bracket I fall in with my other income (which is minimal). So unless they count the dinar profits in with my ordinary income, I should only be paying 15%. Can anyone confirm or explain otherwise? Thanks.

Thats income tax. Now add 35% capitol gain.

Check with your CPA. The IRS will want their share when you collect, be it 15% or 28%. After that, any large amount income derived from the remainder, such as savings income, will likely have to be paid quarterly to avoid a 10% penalty at the end of the year. You have to have projected income fall within a certain percentage of that owed to avoid the penalty. Also, I believe the capital gains rates are FLAT. They are calculated outside your normal taxes at the appropriate rate and then ADDED TO the nominal tax rate that you may fall in. That is the way my CPA has always done it and he is not in jail to my knowledge.

Depending on how much you invested, the income from your investment will likely put you in a high tax bracket. Short term capital gains is 35% in the highest tax bracket. Then you can probably figure a windfall tax, I am guessing at 2%, then figure state tax. I figure I will walk away with about 58%. The only thing I know about taxes is that we pay them one way or another. Consult a tax expert, of course, but expect to pay.

I'm not sure about the windfall tax...but I do believe we will be paying 35%. I think we will not pay at time of exchange...but I will be consulting with my tax lawyer and financial planner anyway cuz I don't want to go to jail. If you are paying tax you are probably making money. It sucks but that is the way it is. IMO.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the taxes that will be taken out, once you exchange your Dinar, ridiculous???... We get taxed hard on everything else, why can't we get a break on something like this? Isn't the government paid enough?!?!?!

The tax code is designed to confuse the tax payers with contradictions at every turn. 10 IRS experts will give you 10 different answers to any question you ask. the constitution has no provisions for Federal taxation of the american citizen in it. what happened yesterday in austin Tx. where a fed up tax payer took matters in his own hands and rammed his plane into the IRS building, will become more common in the future as the IRS squeezes the financial life out of everybody that works for a living. the IRS will continue it's rampage until the American people stand up, united and abolish this system of unfair taxation.

Here is an interesting read on the topic!

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/27/opinion/27krugman.html

First of all, I think Krugman is a liberal stooge. The GOV. will only go as far as it's people will let them. And so far we have let the government through the IRS, rape us. But there is a backlash coming, and it will NOT be fought with words. If you are working for the IRS, be very afraid for your life. This is not a threat from me, I'm just watching the mood of the American public with their backs against the wall, ready to snap.

Hey southern girl. I say always consult an educated accountant, cpa or tax lawyer. With that said, this is what I believe (just as you said above). Your capital gains are tied to your "ordinary income." I posted once before that the unemployed that are holding dinars may be the luckest ones, assuming this RV happens before they lose everything. I even called my accountant to ask but unfortunately got the assistant that ventured a guess that was, in my opinion, incorrect.

This is what I understand from my reading about capital gains. Ready: This is from "wikipedia". If your "ordinary income" rate is 10% your short term capital gains will be 10%. If your gains are long term (more than one year and one day) your capital gains tax will be 0%. If your ordinary income is taxed at the rate of 15%, your short term capital gains tax will be 15% and long term will still be 0%. When your ordinary income goes to the 25% bracket your short term capital gains go to 25% and the long term goes to 15%. Next bracket: 28%, capital gain tax for short term is 28% and long term 15%. You will have to have ordinary income of over $171,500.00 before you go to the 33% bracket and $372,95.00 before you go to the 35% bracket.

I have seen it printed many times as there being just two capital gains tax rates, those being 15% for short term and 35% for long term. That may very well be true, I don't know. There may have been a special law that was passed for this year alone. That will have to be verified.

If your capital gains tax rate is tied to your ordinary income tax rate as I believe it to be, be sure to take every LEGAL tax deduction that you can take. If you exceed the maximum dollar amount for a particular tax bracket by even $1.00, you will pay the capital gains based on the higher bracket that you moved into.

All I know is the fact that I retired at the end of 2009, could possibly mean literally millions of dollars difference in what I pay in taxes. I want to pay every cent that I legally owe but not one penny more. Pay your taxes due but consult with your tax advisor. DO NOT depend on what some blogger with an ichy finger tells you (ME). But, do your homework. It CAN mean literally thousands, hundreds of thousands or in some cases millions of dollars difference in your pocket instead of the spenders in Washington.