Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Some good news to share

nismojpn

You guys can't resist bashing,

End Quote

Oh well... If you're taking it that way then please forgive us if we insist in using Logic when we read stuff....You'd want us just to blindly accept anything without any reasoning over it as though it was always the absolute Truth? No thanks... That would be something STUPID to do...

But there are lots of other sites where you'll find people like that.

To the rest of you guys, grow up. My two year old daughter acts more mature than you guys,

End Quote

Maybe she's even more mature than you if you can't understand that by deciding to post on a Forum and esp that kind of stuff you'll subject yourself to different thoughts and opinions .. To your liking or not.... Think about it.

Edited by umbertino
  • Downvote 1

No, he is not my brother but I do have him locked in my basement to keep your mother company. You guys can't resist bashing, I thought this site would be different but its not. I said to take this info any way you want and I don't think that constitutes bashing me. It was just some info I thought I would share. It seems like the majority of you guys on this site have nothing b enter to do other than bashing people. Easy, thanks for your support, I wish there were more people on this site that are like you. To the rest of you guys, grow up. My two year old daughter acts more mature than you guys, maybe you should find something more productive to do other than making a newbie to this site feel unwelcome.

Woah, slow down. I think your response to their response was not only childish, but a little uncalled for.

Ya gotta understand, a lot of people here are very skeptical having heard so much rumor/pumper/BS stories. Growing a skeptic bone is bound to happen when you've been waiting and waiting with no avail.

They may bash, and if you're correct (which I hope you are), then you can come back and say "nani-nani-boo-boo", and give them a wedgie, okay?

For now, we should all try to play nice in the sandbox.

• Upvote 1

I've been checking this site out for sometime now and have decided to join. I have some great news to share with everyone, I know you guys are not familiar with me so take it as you choose. I have a very good friend that has worked in Iraq for many years now at the U.S. embassy there. When he is there working it is usually for atleast 3 or 4 months at a time. Upon completing this past work stint he was paid in IRD as he always is. He always cashes them in for USD at the CBI I believe. Everything went down like it always does but with one exception. This time when he went through the process the exchange rate was completely different. Im in this thing for the long haul and just when I started to feel like this thing (RV) would never happen, I heard something that made my ears perk up. My friend said that this time he was given somewhere around $3.68 per IRD, instead of the penny on the dollar. With this news I am feeling a renewed energy and happiness know that this may be the end of this journey. Anyway like I said take this info as you will and keep the faith my friends.

I just joined also, if like you said you've been reading this sight, then you know to expect harsh criticism.

It's a tough crowd

• Upvote 1

Welcome to DV Skink.

Thanks, glad to be here. Don't worry I'll mind my manners!!

I'm not trying to discredit nismoipin but he first said he's been checking out the site for awhile, but then in his second post he states " I thought this site would be different but its not."

What tangled webs we weave when we practice to deceive . Or something like that!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

No, he is not my brother but I do have him locked in my basement to keep your mother company. You guys can't resist bashing, I thought this site would be different but its not. I said to take this info any way you want and I don't think that constitutes bashing me. It was just some info I thought I would share. It seems like the majority of you guys on this site have nothing b enter to do other than bashing people. Easy, thanks for your support, I wish there were more people on this site that are like you. To the rest of you guys, grow up. My two year old daughter acts more mature than you guys, maybe you should find something more productive to do other than making a newbie to this site feel unwelcome.

Want to avoid being bashed? Don't lie!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've been checking this site out for sometime now and have decided to join. I have some great news to share with everyone, I know you guys are not familiar with me so take it as you choose. I have a very good friend that has worked in Iraq for many years now at the U.S. embassy there. When he is there working it is usually for atleast 3 or 4 months at a time. Upon completing this past work stint he was paid in IRD as he always is. He always cashes them in for USD at the CBI I believe. Everything went down like it always does but with one exception. This time when he went through the process the exchange rate was completely different. Im in this thing for the long haul and just when I started to feel like this thing (RV) would never happen, I heard something that made my ears perk up. My friend said that this time he was given somewhere around $3.68 per IRD, instead of the penny on the dollar. With this news I am feeling a renewed energy and happiness know that this may be the end of this journey. Anyway like I said take this info as you will and keep the faith my friends.

I want to believe. Maybe he just has a few facts wrong. I have a good friend that is always telling us stories & news related stuff....he know a little something about everything but he always screws up the details. So let me just play devil's advocate. Here's nismojpn's post revised:

I have a very good friend that has worked in Iraq for many years for an Iraqi company. He's paid in IQD and he cashes them in for USD at a local bank. Everything went down like it always does but with one exception. This time when he went through the process the exchange rate was completely different. My friend said that this time he was given somewhere around $3.68 per IQD instead. With this news I am feeling a renewed energy and happiness know that this may be the end of this journey.

I LIKE IT A LOT!!!! THANKS FOR THE POST.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well.....right now I'm sitting about 20 minutes from downtown Baghdad so I will have to call this...................BS!!!!!!!!

Honestly... Can anybody really feel surprised of that?

I don't know about you guys but I'm heading to Iraq with my dinars..... :lol::lol::lol:

Make sure to book Chuck Norris and Mr. T to come along with you fully loaded.

I just joined also, if like you said you've been reading this sight, then you know to expect harsh criticism.

It's a tough crowd

Tough crowd? Not really.... .. Just a normal thinking one.... Thank Universe for that.

• Upvote 1

I smell something... rhymes with boo.

• Upvote 1

Don't let the negativity get you down. This site has turned into one big contest to see he who can be the biggest basher of anyone that says anything positive.

Thanks for the good post!!

Don't let the negativity get you down. This site has turned into one big contest to see he who can be the biggest basher of anyone that says anything positive.

Thanks for the good post!!

Not true! We are equal opportunity bashers, people who say negative things get bashed as well. And as for the saying..."It's not what you say but how you say it"....in this case, it's definately WHAT he said. :P

I've been checking this site out for sometime now and have decided to join. I have some great news to share with everyone, I know you guys are not familiar with me so take it as you choose. I have a very good friend that has worked in Iraq for many years now at the U.S. embassy there. When he is there working it is usually for atleast 3 or 4 months at a time. Upon completing this past work stint he was paid in Iraqi Dinar as he always is. He always cashes them in for USD at the CBI I believe. Everything went down like it always does but with one exception. This time when he went through the process the exchange rate was completely different. Im in this thing for the long haul and just when I started to feel like this thing (RV) would never happen, I heard something that made my ears perk up. My friend said that this time he was given somewhere around $3.68 per IRD, instead of the penny on the dollar. With this news I am feeling a renewed energy and happiness know that this may be the end of this journey. Anyway like I said take this info as you will and keep the faith my friends.

As I said in a previous post. I use to work at the Embassy in the Green Zone beore the new one was built. I know a bit about life in the Green Zone. I still have friends there and some work at the Embassy. As I said I would contact them and find out more about this rumor. The rumor said the person was getting paid in IRQ and exchanging them for Dollars at the CBI and this person works 3 or 4 months at a time. That may mean this person is a contractor maybe KBR they did work 4 month before getting vacation but it was changed to 3 month. They are not getting paid in Iraqi Dinar. Most contractors can not leave to Green Zone, so this person is not going to a CBI Branch outside the Green Zone. My friend just advised me there was a Iraqi Bank on the Embassy grounds but it closed in March. So in my opinion this story is Bogus!

• Upvote 1

Thanks hope it is true. I would be sooooooooooo happy at that rate. : D

For those still un-aware of it... Elizabeth works in a Mental Health Hospital and 2 days ago ( I believe it was) she got badly hit by a Patient and was taken to ICU....Her sister Gillian informed us of this on the "crazy" thread in the Off-Topic section....

I'm sure we all hope she will recover as soon as possible with no consequences...

I just wanted to let you know about it.

My thoughts are with her.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

For those still un-aware of it... Elizabeth works in a Mental Health Hospital and 2 days ago ( I believe it was) she got badly hit by a Patient and was taken to ICU....Her sister Gillian informed us of this on the "crazy" thread in the Off-Topic section....

I'm sure we all hope she will recover as soon as possible with no consequences...

I just wanted to let you know about it.

My thoughts are with her.

Nice uplifting post my friend....sometimes it is better to hold a candle for a friend than to dream or worry about we might or might not see with the IQD or when for that matter. As always you keep things in perspective...so here's to Betty ripping this place up again with her enthusiasm once she gets back into a ward bed. :)

• Upvote 1

As I said in a previous post. I use to work at the Embassy in the Green Zone beore the new one was built. I know a bit about life in the Green Zone. I still have friends there and some work at the Embassy. As I said I would contact them and find out more about this rumor. The rumor said the person was getting paid in IRQ and exchanging them for Dollars at the CBI and this person works 3 or 4 months at a time. That may mean this person is a contractor maybe KBR they did work 4 month before getting vacation but it was changed to 3 month. They are not getting paid in Iraqi Dinar. Most contractors can not leave to Green Zone, so this person is not going to a CBI Branch outside the Green Zone. My friend just advised me there was a Iraqi Bank on the Embassy grounds but it closed in March. So in my opinion this story is Bogus!

Thanks firemans35!