Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

1:1 Dividend payout

Ok, i just thought that i would post this in here because i'm gonna do it and if it works out then i will have doubled my money in 3 days time. If you are at all familiar with dividends, then you know that they pay out if you are a stock holder of record before the ex dividend date. In the past, i have normally not factored dividends into my investment strategy at all. After playing the last few swings in the market however, i have found that they can be a good way to mitigate loss. After doing some research this weekend to develop a decent dividend strategy, i just happened upon a stock that is paying a dividend HIGHER than its actual stock price as of close of market on Friday. The announcement was made on Friday and the window is very small compared to other dividend announcements. In essence this looks like a liquidation dividend due to the sale of the companies operating subsidiary. At the same time as the announcement they changed their ticker symbol and started trading OTC. The old symbol is KAZ. The new symbol is BMBM. The new symbol is already up higher than the old one, and i have a feeling that at open of market tomorrow, it may be even higher after the news of friday. The dividend payout is $1.04. BMBM is already at $1.12. If you get in tomorrow morning, that will probably be the best time. Of course the % profit is directly proportional to the purchase price of the stock. The ex date is October 5, so you have to be in by close of market Tuesday. Good luck to all. Here's the announcement of dividend in Market Watch.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bmb-munai-inc-announces-initial-cash-distribution-of-104-per-common-share-2011-09-29

Well, can't say i didn't try. i've made a lot in the market recently (and i do mean a lot) and i may be getting a little over confident. The thing that gets me though is that so many people will hold on to an idea that may or may not happen, but won't take advantage of the very real and large opportunities that are going on every day in the market! C'est la vie.

Well... it looks like i was right on this one. Check out BMBM on any investment site. They issued the 1.04 Dividend this morning and the stock price is still around 1.10. It was a VERY risky investment (just like the Dinar) and i didn't expect many would do it, but if i see or hear of any other opportunities like this in the future, i'll still be sure to post.

• Upvote 1

Wow, that seems most unusual. IF you will get the dividend as long as you were a shareholder on the 5th, I might consider selling now (or even selling short) in case the price drops to near 0 once they pay the dividend. But maybe you have to hold your shares past the 24th as well as having had them on the 5th? I don't understand what they are doing by both announcing this in advance, i.e. prior to the date by which you had to own shares and having it so high. All seems strange to me, but intereesting find. Let us know how it works out in the end after they pay on the 24th.

Edited by xyzzy