Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Holland ABANDONS Multi Culturalism 7/07/2011

smee2

Holland ABANDONS Multi Culturalism 7/07/2011

The Netherlands, where six per cent of the population is now Muslim, is scrapping multiculturalism:The Dutch government says it will abandon the long-standing model of multiculturalism that has encouraged Muslim immigrants to create a parallel society within the Netherlands.A new integration bill, which Dutch Interior Minister Piet Hein Donner presented to parliament on June 16, reads: "The government shares the social dissatisfaction over the multicultural society model and plans to shift priority to the values of the Dutch people. In the new integration system, the values of the Dutch society play a central role. With this change, the government steps away from the model of a multicultural society. "The letter continues: "A more obligatory integration is justified because the government also demands that from its own citizens. It is necessary because otherwise the society gradually grows apart and eventually no one feels at home anymore in the Netherlands ..."The new integration policy will place more demands on immigrants. For example, immigrants will be required to learn the Dutch language, and the government will take a tougher approach to immigrants who ignore Dutch values or disobey Dutch law. The government will also stop offering special subsidies for Muslim immigrants because, according to Donner, "it is not the government's job to integrate immigrants." The government will introduce new legislation that outlaws forced marriages and will also impose tougher measures against Muslim immigrants who lower their chances of employment by the way they dress. More specifically, the government will impose a ban on face-covering Islamic burqas as of January 1, 2013.Holland has done that whole liberal thing, and realized - maybe too late -that creating a nation of tribes will kill the nation itself. Canada's future may well be read here.

• Upvote 10

?? Links ?? :blink: Please! :o

Links? Seriously?

This came to me as an email from a like minded person. It did not come equipped with links. It is in Off Topic and you take your chances ... believe or not. If you want links, go look for them. Shouldn't be too hard if you have the time and the inclination. I have neither and am shocked someone would ask. You seem to be unbusy, ... you go find a link. eh?

:)

smee2

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Great post Smee2. Hope some of the other countries wake up. I have no objection to any culture living in any country but if they choose to do that then they must be prepared to obay the laws of their chosen country, learn the language, respect the cultures, values and traditions of that country and not expect the country to bend over backward to accomodate them. They chose to live there the country did not invite them but graciously made room for them.

P.S. Great reply to the request for links. :lol:

Makes perfect sense...never understood why we spend tax money to have voting ballots and driver license tests in Spanish and Chinese, when we are not in Mexico or China....Immigrants can still have a cultural identity, but need to learn the language and integrate with American ways and customs as well. My grandparents came from Italy, couldn't speak a lick of English, and while they still kept their religion, cuisine, and traditions, they learned the language, and strove to become an American, and contribute to the country that gave them the OPPORTUNITY to make a happy life any way they could. It seems more and more that immigrants that come to America these days, they want us Americans and the US in general to accommodate them, when it should be 180 degrees the opposite. I have traveled the better part of the world, and have always striven to to speak as much of the host countries' language and respect local customs as much as possible. Why can't the immigrant population coming here figure that out???

Good one, Smee.

WTG Holland!! Finally, someone is realizing that multiculturalism is not the way to run a country. It's a great thing on an individual basis, but no way to run a government.

One people, ONE LAW. Everyone equal under the law and NO special treatment due to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, political view or anything else for that matter.

:D

Somebody please make sure our government got the memo on that so they have no excuses for screwing our country up!

:blink:

• Upvote 1

Wow...great post. I'm really proud of Holland, if it's true. I'm not too proud of you, Smee. The snottiness is uncalled for. I, for one, would like to pass such an article on to other people of like mind. Sorry you don't have the time to assist in that project, but then, it is attitudes like that that got us where we are today.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Great post Smee2. Hope some of the other countries wake up. I have no objection to any culture living in any country but if they choose to do that then they must be prepared to obay the laws of their chosen country, learn the language, respect the cultures, values and traditions of that country and not expect the country to bend over backward to accomodate them. They chose to live there the country did not invite them but graciously made room for them.

P.S. Great reply to the request for links. laugh.gif

I have A Question. What about A Group of People who numbered 22 Million. Who did not ask to be brought to A particular Country?

Who where forced to go. A culture, language and identity were forced upon them?

Which to date has a lingering affect.

• Upvote 1

THX SMEE. Great findrolleyes.gif

ASSIMILATE !!!!!!! You do what we do, not we do what you do............. The environment right now is perfect for this with all the apologizing and crawldaddyin'. These immigrants are making their move all over the world.....trying to change one

Nation at a time.. WTG Holland !! Why don't the leaders over there call our people and say ' Hey, this is how you do it, just do it ', they don't like it, go where

you are happy.tip_hat.gif

I have A Question. What about A Group of People who numbered 22 Million. Who did not ask to be brought to A particular Country?

Are they better off today than they would be if they were still in Africa.

I don't see any of them clamoring to go back to their ancestral land.

BTW

Where did you come up with 22 million?

Did you include the Islands and some of the Central and S American countries?

ice

Hashim1968 - I detect a hint of Muslim descent in your username. No doubt then, you are offended by the topic of this thread. Sorry. I will quote Bill O'Reilly who said, "The World Has a Muslim Problem". And you know what?... I strongly suspect he's correct in his assertion. I used to live in Den Helder, Holland and just as it is in Australia where the Prime Minister is telling her Muslim residents, "This is Australia. You chose to come here, no one forced you to be here. If you don't like how we do things here, then leave". Holland has had enough of the problems caused by the Muslim community, as well the security considerations and I suspect they've made the conscious decision to rid themselves of the problem as Germany tried to do in the early 80's, when they offered Muslim families 8,000 Deutschmarks each to leave and go back to their respective countries.

So now in an effort to lash out and decry your contempt for such harsh treatment of your people, you bring up the African-Americans as an example of a people enslaved and forced to adapt to our way of life which, (by the way) has no bearing on this thread whatsoever, the governments of Holland, Germany and Australia are talking about a people who chose to come to their respective countries. No one forced them.

However, a new day is dawning and just like that "group of people who numbered 20 million", you, my frend, are free to leave this country at your earliest convenience.

Have a nice day.

Scott

Edited by ScottF
  • Upvote 1

Wow...great post. I'm really proud of Holland, if it's true. I'm not too proud of you, Smee. The snottiness is uncalled for. I, for one, would like to pass such an article on to other people of like mind. Sorry you don't have the time to assist in that project, but then, it is attitudes like that that got us where we are today.

Wow, snottiness, eh? You should see me when I really get snotty on purpose, This wasn't meant to be snotty but realistic.

I have a limited amount of time as most do to spend here. I got this email. I shared it. I did not think that something in the Off Topics forum, that has nothing to do with dinar or Iraq or confirmed news needed any links. Next time you guys start submitting jokes in this category, I hope someone asks for links. Some people ask for links just to appear up and current and all involved. For something having to do with Iraq, go ahead and ask. I might say, Sorry, no links. But for this? Minimal snotty at best is required.

:)

smee2

Answer ... they were lucky to have a place to go, complete society and all. We are not saying no foreign nationals, and we are not saying you must worship our way. We are saying that in the country you find yourself in, planned or not, you accept the gift of a place on this planet by keeping your own customs in your own way without trying to change the customs, rules and laws of the country you find yourself in. That country already has laws, customs, rules to live by. Do you think that just because the displaced number 22 million that means they can then remake the rules? No, sorry, doesn't work that way. And whoever taught you that it did was living the dream of the selfish. Everything should go THEIR way just because ... they worship the one true God, they outnumber their neighbours, they were forced to live in freedom. Yeah, right.

smee2

Are they better off today than they would be if they were still in Africa.

I don't see any of them clamoring to go back to their ancestral land.

BTW

Where did you come up with 22 million?

Did you include the Islands and some of the Central and S American countries?

ice

I didn't see Hashim's comment having anything to do with the American/African slave trade era. Strange isn't it how where we live, and the life we live, tends to make us see things differently. I was thinking more of the millions displaced during the World Wars, specifically of Jewish culture and religion. Which did you mean? I'll have to access some history books ... yes, I still read books, which tells you how old I am and how much of this melting pot bs I have seen over the years.

smee2

The people in the middle east need to stay where they are. Islam has a population of 1.9 billon people. Once you get over5% Islam in a country then the demands start to happen. They breed like rabbits and that is bad also. In 30 years there are a lot of europen countries that will have a majority of Islam. I wish I still had a vidio about the Islam populatin on how they can take over the world by 2050.

Political correctness is accepted till it festers to a wound that no longer can be ignored.

Even the French have finally raised their hands and said "ENOUGH!"

Multiculturalism has failed, says French president

(AFP) – Feb 10, 2011

PARIS — French President Nicolas Sarkozy declared Thursday that multiculturalism had failed, joining a growing number of world leaders or ex-leaders who have condemned it.

"My answer is clearly yes, it is a failure," he said in a television interview when asked about the policy which advocates that host societies welcome and foster distinct cultural and religious immigrant groups.

"Of course we must all respect differences, but we do not want... a society where communities coexist side by side.

"If you come to France, you accept to melt into a single community, which is the national community, and if you do not want to accept that, you cannot be welcome in France," the right-wing president said.

"The French national community cannot accept a change in its lifestyle, equality between men and women... freedom for little girls to go to school," he said.

"We have been too concerned about the identity of the person who was arriving and not enough about the identity of the country that was receiving him," Sarkozy said in the TFI channel show.

British Prime Minister David Cameron, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Australia's ex-prime minister John Howard and Spanish ex-premier Jose Maria Aznar have also recently said multicultural policies have not successfully integrated immigrants.

Merkel in October said efforts towards multiculturalism in Germany had "failed, totally."

The comment followed weeks of anguished debate sparked by the huge popularity of a book by a central banker saying that immigrants, in particular Muslims, were making Germany "more stupid."

Britain's Cameron last week pronounced his country's long-standing policy of multiculturalism a failure, calling for better integration of young Muslims to combat home-grown extremism.

He urged a "more active, muscular liberalism" where equal rights, the rule of law, freedom of speech and democracy are actively promoted to create a stronger national identity.

The prime minister, who took power in May 2010, argued that "under the doctrine of state multiculturalism, we have encouraged different cultures to live separate lives, apart from each other and the mainstream".

He said this had resulted in a lack of national identity in Britain which had made some young Muslims turn to extremist ideology.

Sarkozy said in his television interview Thursday that "our Muslim compatriots must be able to practise their religion, as any citizen can," but he noted "we in France do not want people to pray in an ostentatious way in the street."

French far-right leader Marine Le Pen late last year came under fire for comparing Muslims praying in the streets outside overcrowded mosques in France to the Nazi occupation.

Marine Le Pen said there were "ten to fifteen" places in France where Muslims worshipped in the streets outside mosques when these were full.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jR1m5BpdMrDES3u4Cso1v3FwQRUg?docId=CNG.6b096ac0cdcfce7a0f599fbbb1c85c27.911

• Upvote 2