Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Investing In Lithium?

Mazzz27

Please let me know what you all think....if this is in the wrong section I apoligize *note to self for future reference*

Investing in Lithium

These 6 Lithium Stocks Are Up an Average of 1,578%

By Brian Hicks

Wednesday, August 19th, 2009

Text:

Editor's Note: Rare Earth Metals (REEs) are nothing short of crucial to the way we live. In fact without them, some of our most important modern technologies could never exist: rechargeable batteries, electric motors, photo optics, and solar cells, just to name a few.

They are so pivotal to modern circuitry that industry insiders came up with a nickname for REEs: 'technology metals.' And on January 1st, Denmark will relinquish its sovereign hold over Greenland's mineral rights, making Greenland's $273 billion rare earth resources private property. To learn about the single company in control of all of it, read the following new report.

———

If you haven't noticed, there is a group of six stocks that's been on fire this year.

The best performer is up 3,233% since its December 2008 lows. Yes, you read that correctly. . . +3,233%.

Another one is up 990% in that same time. Three other stocks — all microcaps — are up 1,100%, 2,125%, and 1,999%.

The worse performer of the bunch, a large cap, is up just 21% since December.

The six stocks have just one thing in common: all produce or mine lithium.

Lithium is being touted as the next primary fuel of the 21st century. Hybrid technology and electric cars are thought to be a viable alternative. I have no idea how long it will take to fully transform the U.S. economy from a fossil-based energy complex to a renewable one, but I do know this. . . sentiment is clearly in favor of green energy.

Solar energy, wind, clean fuels, ethanol, run of river projects, and geothermal energy continue to be the hot topic in the energy sector. So if the world moves forward to battery-driven vehicles, lithium will be a high-in-demand commodity, as it is used in electric and hybrid electric car batteries.

The following chart shows the estimated future lithium consumption:

The Best Free Investment You'll Ever Make

Stay on top of the hottest investment ideas before they hit Wall Street. Sign up for the Wealth Daily newsletter below. You'll also get our free report, Gold: The Armageddon Hedge by our resident gold expert, Greg McCoach.

Enter your email:

We never spam! View our Privacy Policy

According to a report recently published by Research and Markets entitled "Lithium-Ion and Nickel-Metal Hydride Batteries, Lithium, Rare Earth Lanthanum and the Future of Hybrid Electric Vehicles 2009-2020":

The auto industry is about to enter a new era: the electrification of cars. The move to electrified cars will have dramatic, disruptive consequences to consumers, auto makers, input suppliers, battery producers, regulators, mining companies, oil producers, electric utilities, R&D activities and investors, among others. However, from this change will come enormous opportunities, including the reduction in CO2 and global warming, less dependence on oil, more geopolitical independence, technological advancements, very large, new industries and markets, and huge profits.

The economic, regulatory and technological advantages of hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) and electric vehicles (EVs) means that dramatic growth in their adoption and usage will be seen over the next 11 years to 2020, both in the US and worldwide.

Batteries are the key technology enablers for the future of HEVs, PHEVs and EVs. Nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) batteries currently dominate the HEV market, but they soon will be replaced by lithium-ion ones.*

*Editor's emphasis

During the uranium bull market between 2001 and 2007, more than 600 uranium companies either went public or switched their resource business to become a uranium play.

Six hundred companies!

And less than 10 actually mined proven uranium.

Yes, it was mania.

Even though the lithium stocks are up big in the past year, the supply of stock available to investors is severely small.

We could be witnessing the phenomenon of "too many dollars chasing too few stocks."

The lithium bull market is in its infancy. If it's similar to the uranium bull market, we could witness several years of a lithium rally.

In the coming weeks, I will be recommending

Edited by Mazzz27

Lithium Ion Polymer (LiPo) batteries are the future of cellular technology and uses where high amperage in smaller and lighter packages are desired.

Like all battery technology, it will have a lifespan, and newer technology will eventually come out, but it should be a great investment to be on the leading edge of.

• Upvote 1

Lithium Ion Polymer (LiPo) batteries are the future of cellular technology and uses where high amperage in smaller and lighter packages are desired.

Like all battery technology, it will have a lifespan, and newer technology will eventually come out, but it should be a great investment to be on the leading edge of.

Thank you very much good sir! +1!

Not meaning to hijack your good post ... but I have heard before this is why we are in Afg. fighting for lithium control. Could be rumor though.

Regardless all metals IMO are good investments because once taken out of the ground they are not put back in. Supply and Demand. ;)

Not meaning to hijack your good post ... but I have heard before this is why we are in Afg. fighting for lithium control. Could be rumor though.

Regardless all metals IMO are good investments because once taken out of the ground they are not put back in. Supply and Demand. ;)

im thinking this is the future!

the world is going green afterall....

Edited by Mazzz27

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping hemp will be legalized again.

NOT marijuana, but good old fashioned hemp that can ease the energy crisis overnight.

Then, I'm buying a farm. :)

No, I don't use. Hemp is grown and used around the world for everything from rope, to paper, to biodiesel.

I doubt Big Pharma will allow hemp to be legalized. Marijuana has been a natural cure for many diseases, including cancer, that they would never allow it to be legal so that people could grow a cure for cancer in their backyard. Go to youtube and search for "run from the cure" if you want to learn more about it.

Unfortunately, China and Russia are already reaping those rewards; just as they are with Oil contracts in Iraq.

They were visibly absent in coalition support in either operation.

Maybe the US should go back to colonization after conquest.

Hanging around and getting shot over something you just bought and paid for sure beats just hanging around and getting shot at.

A good investment for now. Any rare mineral is a good investment. In a few years costly Lithium Batteries will be phased out with cheaper super nano capacitors in electric & hybrids.

I'm betting on SCCO, Southern Copper, a Canada controlled int'l mining company into all precious metals besides copper to include gold & silver mining. Their stocks have a good history of splitting & it pays good steady dividends no matter how poor or great the stock does. It's not volatile like the metals themselves.

• Upvote 1

I doubt Big Pharma will allow hemp to be legalized. Marijuana has been a natural cure for many diseases, including cancer, that they would never allow it to be legal so that people could grow a cure for cancer in their backyard. Go to youtube and search for "run from the cure" if you want to learn more about it.

Plants that are grown specifically for Hemp, in most cases have no THC or atleast very low levels of THC, marijuana has around 30% where as most plants grown for hemp have less then 1% THC, which is the medicinal ingredient in Marijuana...

While i'm torn on the legalization of Marijuana(alcohol and tobacco legal, but have shown more negative effects) you shouldn't confuse hemp with the stuff that is used to medicate

• Upvote 1