Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CHAPTER 7 Sanctions Lifted?

i agree with most of what you have posted here....my problem is that i fear Iraq has way overprinted themselves into oblivion....they have been printing and auctioning for a long time and we all know what overprinting does to the value of your currency...See the Fed reserve for that...QE1, QE2, QE3, and so forth....knowing that the currency will be backed with an ocean of oil and gas is encouraging....but we are talking about trillions upon trillions of dinar that have been printed....there is a limit as to what the Iraqi's can back...the more you print the less it is worth....they have had the luxury for a long time now of printing and auctioning which basically equates to an interest free loan....they are going to have to stop that at some point as to set a tradeable value for their money so that international trade can take place....we need to give them a timetable as to when we pull them off USD and that would speed them up....the fact that they can still trade and do business with USD has sheltered them from having to RV their currency til they get damn well ready....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

These are dated dec 15, 2010!!?? Don't recall ever seeing them or anyone like k98 posting them!! I hope it's true, comine this with the post about the hlc being sent to parliament and you have an awesome day of great news!!!! Let's hope!!

Wow. Your title made me hold my breath until I could open your post. Chapter 7 ended! Wow

But your post is not about the news that Chapter 7 has been lifted. Most of us know that the major portion of Chapter 7 was lifted in December, but Chapter 7 is not completely LIFTED. Kuwait still has some issues. The DFI money has been being used all year, not just since June.

But I digress. Chapter 7 has not been lifted. You forgot to let us know we are now in Chapter 8.

THIS IS THE NEWS SECTION, NOT THE OPINIONS DEPARTMENT.

And if you were truly a firefighter, you would be trained in how not to incite people. And I am not only incited, I am a little angry.

Your whole post is suspicious, not due to the content, but due to the guise you wanted to present it under. I always wonder why anyone would post information such as yours, and what your motive is.

The mods need to close or move this before somebody has a heart attack, and a real fire fighter is need to help someone.

Edited by Carrello
  • Upvote 12
  • Downvote 55

Very nice post. +1. I am nevertheless under the impression that all of the Chapt 7 sanctions have not been lifted. The post below was the latest info I could find on the UN's website. I believe that had the sanctions been totally lifted, it would certainly have made the UN's site and would have been covered by news outlets.

Welcome aboard. This is the best Dinar related site!

From July 19th 2011

http://www.un.org/Ne...sc10330.doc.htm

Explaining that Iraq had proven, since 2003, that it did not represent an international security threat, he underscored the country’s support for global efforts to control arms. In 2009, it had signed the Chemical Weapons Convention, among other treaties, he recalled. More broadly, Iraq’s openness to the world had spurred visits by foreign officials and progress in its follow-up to Council resolutions 1956 (2010), 1957 (2010) and 1958 (2010), which marked the “beginning of the end” of sanctions imposed on the country.

Noting that it is almost seven months since the Security Council ended a number of Chapter VII mandates on Iraq, a move unanimously hailed as a major step towards the normalization of its international status, the Secretary-General reminds Iraq to demonstrate “tangible and expeditious” progress on outstanding obligations pertaining to Kuwait, notably missing Kuwaiti persons and property, including archives, and the Iraq-Kuwait boundary maintenance project.

The Secretary-General also reminds the Government that the issue of compensation payments to Iraqi private citizens pursuant to resolution 899 (1994) is still pending, and that the Department of Political Affairs is awaiting a response to proposals it submitted to the Government in that regard. “I have consistently stated that progress on these fronts could create a positive momentum and enable the Security Council to take up my report pursuant to resolution 1859 (2008),” he says. “In this context, both my Special Representative and High-Level Coordinator remain committed to assisting Iraq and Kuwait in bringing closure to long-standing Security Council mandates.

RV,RV,RV!

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the post and welcome to DV. I am a 65 yr old with a heart condition and I feel fine, did not get too incited--I think it is fine where it is posted, but I am not a SENIOR MEMBER and do not post much. Just read a lot. Thanks anyway and again, welcome.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Good call on this Carrello!

Newbie-Welcome to DV.

Now then, WHY NEWBIE BS US with your title, as your post has nothing to do with it.

(we have plenty of folks on here with side agendas already & don't need another stroker)

Please come with a clear statement.

Wow. Your title made me hold my breath until I could open your post. Chapter 7 ended! Wow

But your post is not about the news that Chapter 7 has been lifted. Most of us know that the major portion of Chapter 7 was lifted in December, but Chapter 7 is not completely LIFTED. Kuwait still has some issues. The DFI money has been being used all year, not just since June.

But I digress. Chapter 7 has not been lifted. You forgot to let us know we are now in Chapter 8.

And if you were truly a firefighter, you would be trained in how not to incite people. And I am not only incited, I am a little angry.

Your whole post is suspicious, not due to the content, but due to the guise you wanted to present it under. I always wonder why anyone would post information such as yours, and what your motive is.

The mods need to close or move this before somebody has a heart attack, and a real fire fighter is need to help someone.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 18

Wow, a little over the top don't you think ? One word comes to mind after reading your bashing post ... Drama Queen :lol:

Edited by Barriegirl
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

You'll have to excuse some of the mental migets here they feal nobody has a right to an opinion but them. I think your confused about the lifting of chapter 7 though. On June 30th th UN released the funds back to Iraq but for chapter 7 to be lifted there has to be a sign-off by many other nations, but as I understand it that's very close to happening. When 7 - 8 and the hcl are all agreed to and the final ministers are seated it's believed they will RV almost instantly. And as I said MANY believe that to be happening at a very rapid rate of time. Get the champagne out and on ice but don't pop the cork. WELCOME TO THIS SITE.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Very nice post. +1. I am nevertheless under the impression that all of the Chapt 7 sanctions have not been lifted. The post below was the latest info I could find on the UN's website. I believe that had the sanctions been totally lifted, it would certainly have made the UN's site and would have been covered by news outlets.

Welcome aboard. This is the best Dinar related site!

From July 19th 2011

http://www.un.org/Ne...sc10330.doc.htm

Explaining that Iraq had proven, since 2003, that it did not represent an international security threat, he underscored the country’s support for global efforts to control arms. In 2009, it had signed the Chemical Weapons Convention, among other treaties, he recalled. More broadly, Iraq’s openness to the world had spurred visits by foreign officials and progress in its follow-up to Council resolutions 1956 (2010), 1957 (2010) and 1958 (2010), which marked the “beginning of the end” of sanctions imposed on the country.

Noting that it is almost seven months since the Security Council ended a number of Chapter VII mandates on Iraq, a move unanimously hailed as a major step towards the normalization of its international status, the Secretary-General reminds Iraq to demonstrate “tangible and expeditious” progress on outstanding obligations pertaining to Kuwait, notably missing Kuwaiti persons and property, including archives, and the Iraq-Kuwait boundary maintenance project.

The Secretary-General also reminds the Government that the issue of compensation payments to Iraqi private citizens pursuant to resolution 899 (1994) is still pending, and that the Department of Political Affairs is awaiting a response to proposals it submitted to the Government in that regard. “I have consistently stated that progress on these fronts could create a positive momentum and enable the Security Council to take up my report pursuant to resolution 1859 (2008),” he says. “In this context, both my Special Representative and High-Level Coordinator remain committed to assisting Iraq and Kuwait in bringing closure to long-standing Security Council mandates.

RV,RV,RV!

Then why the News Hype of Sanctions being lifted.. Could they be lifted but we are simply witnessing the time it takes to get their feet back on the ground and rolling?

• Upvote 1

Good call on this Carrello!

Newbie-Welcome to DV.

Now then, WHY NEWBIE BS US with your title, as your post has nothing to do with it.

(we have plenty of folks on here with side agendas already & don't need another stroker)

Please come with a clear statement.

Get your Eyes checked buddy and take your buddy Carrello with you.....

I am in the Iraqi Dinar and RELATED NEWS section,

Title of my post is CHAPTER 7 SANCTIONS LIFTED? <<<<< See that? Thats a question mark, hence I am going to be asking a question along with my post regarding my post..

READ MY DESCRIPTION TAG LINE UNDER TITLE ...

I also brough forth TWO confirmed NEWS STORIES Via FOX NEWS REGARDING MY POST!!!

If you dont like it double click the x top right!

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 2

thanks for the post and thoughts - some around here just get in a piss and moan mood on Monday's ...... Tues.,wed., thurs, fri., sat., sun.,....come to think of it some mus veiw this as their call in life.

Thank-you for your service and input

• Upvote 2

You'll have to excuse some of the mental migets here they feal nobody has a right to an opinion but them. I think your confused about the lifting of chapter 7 though. On June 30th th UN released the funds back to Iraq but for chapter 7 to be lifted there has to be a sign-off by many other nations, but as I understand it that's very close to happening. When 7 - 8 and the hcl are all agreed to and the final ministers are seated it's believed they will RV almost instantly. And as I said MANY believe that to be happening at a very rapid rate of time. Get the champagne out and on ice but don't pop the cork. WELCOME TO THIS SITE.

Thanks you very much that pretty much answers my question and cleans up the lifted vs not lifted rumors i have read. Thanks you very much....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Then why the News Hype of Sanctions being lifted.. Could they be lifted but we are simply witnessing the time it takes to get their feet back on the ground and rolling?

AVAFRFD, don't take too much offense to some of the lame attacks on you. Believe me, most newbies are treated a lot worse. At least you got a bunch of +'s to your post. IMO, you posed a legitimate question and took the time to research for yourself. Unfortunately, we all seem to see what we want to in articles (especially long ones) and sometimes overlook the obvious. From your second Fox link, last paragraph:

"The resolution approved Wednesday terminates provisions of two resolutions adopted in 1991 under Chapter 7 of the U.N. Charter — which is militarily enforceable — banning Iraq from using, developing, constructing or acquiring nuclear, chemical and biological weapons or material to make them and ballistic missiles with a range greater than 150 kilometers."

These resolutions were two of many (forgot the number) contained in the Chapter 7 Sanction. Most have been lifted, but not all. I believe the remaining have to do with HCL, returning artifacts and bodies to Kuwait, and full formation of the government.

So hang in there - this is one helluva ride!

• Upvote 4

AVAFRFD, don't take too much offense to some of the lame attacks on you. Believe me, most newbies are treated a lot worse. At least you got a bunch of +'s to your post. IMO, you posed a legitimate question and took the time to research for yourself. Unfortunately, we all seem to see what we want to in articles (especially long ones) and sometimes overlook the obvious. From your second Fox link, last paragraph:

"The resolution approved Wednesday terminates provisions of two resolutions adopted in 1991 under Chapter 7 of the U.N. Charter — which is militarily enforceable — banning Iraq from using, developing, constructing or acquiring nuclear, chemical and biological weapons or material to make them and ballistic missiles with a range greater than 150 kilometers."

These resolutions were two of many (forgot the number) contained in the Chapter 7 Sanction. Most have been lifted, but not all. I believe the remaining have to do with HCL, returning artifacts and bodies to Kuwait, and full formation of the government.

So hang in there - this is one helluva ride!

See your answers are exactly what im looking for.. Like I said I am new at this.. I love politics and history. I am eager to learn. Educational comments and replies that answer my questions. They got mad cause I threw a theory out there.. So what... I mean were all on the same team here.... They got their panties all tied up because it wasnt what they though but thats what this forum is for.. Questions and answers.. I did some home work posted a few legit stories and asked questions based on those stories and some posts im sure we have all seen..

Thank you for taking the time to respond respctfully and to explain what I was missing.. THANKS!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1