Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CHAPTER 7 Sanctions Lifted?

Holy crap everyone, lighten up, take a valium or whatever it is you need to relax.

Wow. Your title made me hold my breath until I could open your post. Chapter 7 ended! Wow

But your post is not about the news that Chapter 7 has been lifted. Most of us know that the major portion of Chapter 7 was lifted in December, but Chapter 7 is not completely LIFTED. Kuwait still has some issues. The DFI money has been being used all year, not just since June.

But I digress. Chapter 7 has not been lifted. You forgot to let us know we are now in Chapter 8.

THIS IS THE NEWS SECTION, NOT THE OPINIONS DEPARTMENT.

And if you were truly a firefighter, you would be trained in how not to incite people. And I am not only incited, I am a little angry.

Your whole post is suspicious, not due to the content, but due to the guise you wanted to present it under. I always wonder why anyone would post information such as yours, and what your motive is.

The mods need to close or move this before somebody has a heart attack, and a real fire fighter is need to help someone.

Just so you have a clue dude, if you look at the title of his post it is posted as a question not a statement.

Good morning all,

My name is Bill and this is my first post. I like many of you are anxiously awaiting the much rumored Iraqi Dinar RV. However as of 3 weeks ago the Iraqi Dinar RV was unknown to me until it was recently brought to my attention by my brother in law. He is a Teacher and I am a Federal US DoD FireFighter and Veteran of both Enduring and Iraqi Freedom.

I work with fellow military firefighter vets whom many have served overseas as I have, one of which is a good friend of mine. I quietly told him of the Dinar situation to see if he was interested in a gamble as I was. He laughed and said oh it’s a scam blah blah blah.. He began to tell me that while he was in Kuwait (2004) he exchanged $700 dollars and bought into the speculations.. After 5 years of rumors he got tired and dumped it.. Lucky for him he got an even exchange and made all $700 back.. I however would never call it a scam.. It is anything but as we know. To me there is really no difference between this and exchanging for Euros or Pounds, other then the fact that its not traded on the FOREX, nor exchangeable in bank… BUT WHY???? Why did the banks suddenly stop exchanging dinars?? Why would they do that? What are they attempting to control? I asked myself those questions.. I have a few theories too.. I will get to them later on..

The reason I joined this Forum was simple.. I felt there is a lot of misleading information out there. Rumors, rumors, rumors and everyone knows someone right?? Screw all that mumbo jumbo I decided like to search out the rumors via credible News sources if at all possible. It was more of a self reassurance being that we have several $$$$ Tied up in dinar lol.. . One of these rumors is the Chapter 7 Sanctions. It seems many "gurus" report that Chapter 7 is still in place however I found an article on FOX News that states otherwise.. It basically says that on Dec. 15th, 2010 the UN lifted the Chapter 7 Sanctions on IRAQ and that as of June 30th, 2011 Iraq will once again be able to trade and profit from their Oil and other natural resources. Here are a couple links http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/15/end-iraq-sanctions-reflects-progress-saddam-era-analysts-say/ and here is a second link to another related Fox News Story.. http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/12/15/lifts-iraq-nuclear-weapons-sanctions/ I find this as wonderful news, I am excited as a pig in **** because in my eyes, Iraq now can actually back their currency up with something.. My Question is why are the gurus claiming Sanctions are still in place?? Is there something amiss???Am I missing something here??

Another Good find I have is a News story I found on Bloomberg.com. It is about the New IMF Chief and her recent visit/speech the symposium in Jackson Hole, WY. This is a direct quote copy and pasted

"Emerging economies have a part to play too, Lagarde said, adding that some “key” nations are curbing domestic demand and preventing their currencies from strengthening. Such steps prevent emerging markets from making a bigger contribution to global growth."

Good find huh?? What do you suppose she means by " Key" Nations and that those KEY NATIONS are preventing their Currencies from strengthening? To me it seems she is pretty much telling IRAQ Hey we are all waiting on you!!

Here is a link to that Article http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-27/lagarde-urges-mandatory-recapitalization-of-eu-banks-to-avert-contagion.html

Anyways back to my earlier topic, Why would banks suddenly stop exchanging dinar? I can understand why it wouldn’t be traded on the FOREX I mean look at it, its not worth the paper its printed on!!

But why would Iraq go through the trouble of designing a beautiful currency with the most high-tech anti counterfeiting technologies many of which mimic the US Anti Counterfeiting tech for a note that is in other words worthless? What is about to take place? What are they PREPARING FOR?

My Theory behind this (and I could be way of base here) is that it is going to RV, and FED RESERVE and most of the Banks know this. What would happen is the Iraqi RV was publicly talked about by them and readily available to all? See where I'm going? Every Joe Shmoe would be lined up attempting to get their hands on it. So to control any public intrest in what is to become a much sought after currency the banks take away that supply leaving us with Private brokers and Ebay lol.. I mean if they didn’t you can imagine the chaos that would ensue assuming word got out enough.. The Dinar supply would dry up. I am very tempted to walk into a BoA or Chase maybe even a Wells Fargo and ask them about the Dinar? We all know they are in on it, maybe not the Employees but the Chairmen are!!

Thanks and I await your comments and thoughts

Bill

Bill your analysis is precise and clear. Thanks for looking into the subject of dinars a wee bit deeper than I've read in several days. If the big wheels (the banks) are hiding or shall I say protecting something it won't be exposed until the dinar RVs. All we can do now is inform each other on what we've read and seen with our own eyes. Good looking up, to be sure!

Bill your analysis is precise and clear. Thanks for looking into the subject of dinars a wee bit deeper than I've read in several days. If the big wheels (the banks) are hiding or shall I say protecting something it won't be exposed until the dinar RVs. All we can do now is inform each other on what we've read and seen with our own eyes. Good looking up, to be sure!

Thanks Just trying to think outside the box!!!.

Holy crap everyone, lighten up, take a valium or whatever it is you need to relax.

Just so you have a clue dude, if you look at the title of his post it is posted as a question not a statement.

Exactly, I thank you kind sir!!!

May want to be less defensive and reactive....................thick skin helps on these sights.

I am a Firefighter I deal with assholes on a daily basis lol.. My skin is pretty think trust me lol... They come at me with aggresive replies so I bite back...

• Upvote 1

Good call on this Carrello!

Newbie-Welcome to DV.

Now then, WHY NEWBIE BS US with your title, as your post has nothing to do with it.

(we have plenty of folks on here with side agendas already & don't need another stroker)

Please come with a clear statement.

"your post is not about the news that Chapter 7 has been lifted. Most of us know that the major portion of Chapter 7 was lifted in December, but Chapter 7 is not completely LIFTED."

If you will notice, his title was followed with a question mark, indicating that he was questioning the idea of Chapter 7 being lifted. That is a logical, reasonable, and sensible question, and this guy did nothing wrong in posing such a question in his title, especially since he followed through and discussed his concerns about that idea in his post. .

Good morning all,

My name is Bill and this is my first post. I like many of you are anxiously awaiting the much rumored Iraqi Dinar RV. However as of 3 weeks ago the Iraqi Dinar RV was unknown to me until it was recently brought to my attention by my brother in law. He is a Teacher and I am a Federal US DoD FireFighter and Veteran of both Enduring and Iraqi Freedom.

I work with fellow military firefighter vets whom many have served overseas as I have, one of which is a good friend of mine. I quietly told him of the Dinar situation to see if he was interested in a gamble as I was. He laughed and said oh it’s a scam blah blah blah.. He began to tell me that while he was in Kuwait (2004) he exchanged $700 dollars and bought into the speculations.. After 5 years of rumors he got tired and dumped it.. Lucky for him he got an even exchange and made all $700 back.. I however would never call it a scam.. It is anything but as we know. To me there is really no difference between this and exchanging for Euros or Pounds, other then the fact that its not traded on the FOREX, nor exchangeable in bank… BUT WHY???? Why did the banks suddenly stop exchanging dinars?? Why would they do that? What are they attempting to control? I asked myself those questions.. I have a few theories too.. I will get to them later on..

The reason I joined this Forum was simple.. I felt there is a lot of misleading information out there. Rumors, rumors, rumors and everyone knows someone right?? Screw all that mumbo jumbo I decided like to search out the rumors via credible News sources if at all possible. It was more of a self reassurance being that we have several $$$$ Tied up in dinar lol.. . One of these rumors is the Chapter 7 Sanctions. It seems many "gurus" report that Chapter 7 is still in place however I found an article on FOX News that states otherwise.. It basically says that on Dec. 15th, 2010 the UN lifted the Chapter 7 Sanctions on IRAQ and that as of June 30th, 2011 Iraq will once again be able to trade and profit from their Oil and other natural resources. Here are a couple links http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/15/end-iraq-sanctions-reflects-progress-saddam-era-analysts-say/ and here is a second link to another related Fox News Story.. http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/12/15/lifts-iraq-nuclear-weapons-sanctions/ I find this as wonderful news, I am excited as a pig in **** because in my eyes, Iraq now can actually back their currency up with something.. My Question is why are the gurus claiming Sanctions are still in place?? Is there something amiss???Am I missing something here??

Another Good find I have is a News story I found on Bloomberg.com. It is about the New IMF Chief and her recent visit/speech the symposium in Jackson Hole, WY. This is a direct quote copy and pasted

"Emerging economies have a part to play too, Lagarde said, adding that some “key” nations are curbing domestic demand and preventing their currencies from strengthening. Such steps prevent emerging markets from making a bigger contribution to global growth."

Good find huh?? What do you suppose she means by " Key" Nations and that those KEY NATIONS are preventing their Currencies from strengthening? To me it seems she is pretty much telling IRAQ Hey we are all waiting on you!!

Here is a link to that Article http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-27/lagarde-urges-mandatory-recapitalization-of-eu-banks-to-avert-contagion.html

Anyways back to my earlier topic, Why would banks suddenly stop exchanging dinar? I can understand why it wouldn’t be traded on the FOREX I mean look at it, its not worth the paper its printed on!!

But why would Iraq go through the trouble of designing a beautiful currency with the most high-tech anti counterfeiting technologies many of which mimic the US Anti Counterfeiting tech for a note that is in other words worthless? What is about to take place? What are they PREPARING FOR?

My Theory behind this (and I could be way of base here) is that it is going to RV, and FED RESERVE and most of the Banks know this. What would happen is the Iraqi RV was publicly talked about by them and readily available to all? See where I'm going? Every Joe Shmoe would be lined up attempting to get their hands on it. So to control any public intrest in what is to become a much sought after currency the banks take away that supply leaving us with Private brokers and Ebay lol.. I mean if they didn’t you can imagine the chaos that would ensue assuming word got out enough.. The Dinar supply would dry up. I am very tempted to walk into a BoA or Chase maybe even a Wells Fargo and ask them about the Dinar? We all know they are in on it, maybe not the Employees but the Chairmen are!!

Thanks and I await your comments and thoughts

Bill

Bill a lot of those sanctions were lifted last December,but there are still some in place.That was a very good read.

Edited by rkpdwp

Chapter 7 is an article of the un charter that you can read here

Iraq had sanctions imposed upon it through resolutions in accordance with articles under chapter 7 of the UN charter.

Most of these sanctions have been lifted through new resolutions that abolish past resolutions

For example: The sanctions lifted on December 15th last year (which many of us watched live on the UN website) were lifted because of resolutions 1956, 1957 and 1958

1956 dealt with the DFI fund, extending it to June of 2011 when Iraq had to have a successor arrangement set up to transfer the DFI funds into.

1957 dealt with WMD's and the lifting of sanctions that barred Iraq from importing many agricultural necessities and also international trade.

1958 dealt with termination of the oil for food program.

These resolutions did away with MOST of the past sanctions imposed on Iraq.

There are other resolutions imposed under chapter 7 of the UN charter that are still in effect regarding Kuwait and reperations for the invasion, border disputes, missing persons, etc.

There are a few others but I cannot find my list from last year that I had my research on, but they go back as far as 1990 when Iraq first invaded Kuwait. The problem is tracking them all. They are imposed, then changed or done away with by another resolution,blah blah blah.

Point is that there will be resolutions that remain in effect for years, but most will have zero effect on holding up the RV.

When you hear that sanctions have been lifted, it means that resolutions imposing sanctions have been removed and not that Chapter 7 has been lifted as Chapter 7 is a chapter of the UN charter under which the UN acted to impose those sanctions.

Hope this helps

RVD

Then why the News Hype of Sanctions being lifted.. Could they be lifted but we are simply witnessing the time it takes to get their feet back on the ground and rolling?

AVPAVFRFD, I hate to disillusion you but there is a HUGE difference between 'News' and 'Truth'. There is also a huge difference between 'truth' and 'the whole truth'.

Section 7 obviously has implications across a wide range of restrictions, and just because some restrictions imposed under Section7 have (evidently from your report) been lifted, it does not mean that Section 7 in its entirety has been lifted!

I realise you are new here, but one of the great gurus on this subject is Adam Montana, who is very much in touch with what's happening, and about a month ago he reported that the Section 7 restrictions relating to Kuwaiti reparations are still in force. Unlike a news report by a mere journalist [a member of one of the least trust worth professions, along with solicitors and politicians - IMHO lol], you can take that to the bank!

And hopefully that is where we will all be heading soon! Go RV!!!!

Very nice post. +1. I am nevertheless under the impression that all of the Chapt 7 sanctions have not been lifted. The post below was the latest info I could find on the UN's website. I believe that had the sanctions been totally lifted, it would certainly have made the UN's site and would have been covered by news outlets.

Welcome aboard. This is the best Dinar related site!

From July 19th 2011

http://www.un.org/Ne...sc10330.doc.htm

Explaining that Iraq had proven, since 2003, that it did not represent an international security threat, he underscored the country’s support for global efforts to control arms. In 2009, it had signed the Chemical Weapons Convention, among other treaties, he recalled. More broadly, Iraq’s openness to the world had spurred visits by foreign officials and progress in its follow-up to Council resolutions 1956 (2010), 1957 (2010) and 1958 (2010), which marked the “beginning of the end” of sanctions imposed on the country.

Noting that it is almost seven months since the Security Council ended a number of Chapter VII mandates on Iraq, a move unanimously hailed as a major step towards the normalization of its international status, the Secretary-General reminds Iraq to demonstrate “tangible and expeditious” progress on outstanding obligations pertaining to Kuwait, notably missing Kuwaiti persons and property, including archives, and the Iraq-Kuwait boundary maintenance project.

The Secretary-General also reminds the Government that the issue of compensation payments to Iraqi private citizens pursuant to resolution 899 (1994) is still pending, and that the Department of Political Affairs is awaiting a response to proposals it submitted to the Government in that regard. “I have consistently stated that progress on these fronts could create a positive momentum and enable the Security Council to take up my report pursuant to resolution 1859 (2008),” he says. “In this context, both my Special Representative and High-Level Coordinator remain committed to assisting Iraq and Kuwait in bringing closure to long-standing Security Council mandates.

RV,RV,RV!

Todays email from Adam Montana regarding the end of Ramadan and what to expect next: "Many signs are pointing to a quick release of Chapter 7 and an even quicker resolve to another big issue known as HCL (Hydro Carbon Law)."

Still some work to be done -- all in all looks like things are picking up speed.

Thank you for clarifying my post. It is a question, therefore, is not NEWS. This should have been posted in Opinions, Discussion, anything but News.

Thanks, Dude!. You really helped me out in my argument.

"your post is not about the news that Chapter 7 has been lifted. Most of us know that the major portion of Chapter 7 was lifted in December, but Chapter 7 is not completely LIFTED."

If you will notice, his title was followed with a question mark, indicating that he was questioning the idea of Chapter 7 being lifted. That is a logical, reasonable, and sensible question, and this guy did nothing wrong in posing such a question in his title, especially since he followed through and discussed his concerns about that idea in his post. .

Not if it is included in News. News does not inlcude an opinion. That is Journalism 101.

Edited by Carrello

Carrello,

"And if you were truly a firefighter, you would be trained in how not to incite people. And I am not only incited, I am a little angry.

Your whole post is suspicious, not due to the content, but due to the guise you wanted to present it under. I always wonder why anyone would post information such as yours, and what your motive is.

The mods need to close or move this before somebody has a heart attack, and a real fire fighter is need to help someone."

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/81756-chapter-7-sanctions-lifted/#ixzz1WXUJoawe

Carrello...in your very first reply to the firefighter...you sounded a little less even tempered than your last few posts. As a new(er) person myself, please refrain from launching "suspicious activity" reports about people who CLEARLY state they are new and CLEARLY have news to post but CLEARLY have a question about it.

I wasn't going to post on this topic but after you gave a "Thanks, Dude!. You really helped me out in my argument."

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/81756-chapter-7-sanctions-lifted/page__st__60#ixzz1WXVohu00

it was clear all you really WANTED was to argue. Again, you posted a very unfair response to this original post. Please, please, please, have a little more patience with new posters.

The prompt to his post, again, WAS indeed a news thread. Your reply to him was anything but helpful.

• Upvote 1

Fox news is unopinionated? Ali is back in country and is giving back a percentage he made to each investor that bought from too..... If you believe that.Journalism 101 ? newbie ? Maybe I missed something and feel I have done this site an injustice. Surely there was a formal training that allowed you induction here, maybe a grant or scholarship won. Possibly because a parent attended and you are a legacy.. Or just maybe you went through a less than 5 minute sign up and were allowed on.

Other than signing up earlier than some, your sense of seniority doesnt seem warranted. Well unless thats all you have to cling to, then it makes since.

Avfiredude , thank you for being here and your offering. I agree with you quick response to the bashers , I just ask you to tone it down a bit, I want to see you here till after Rv . long live the newbie, everybody was one.

AVPAFRD/Bill,

Good post.

Like ronny46, I don't post much, but i read a lot. Yes there are some areaS which were not covered entirely, but as a newbie, I think your heart and mind was in the right place. Not only did you quote your opinion, but you also presented a link for verification to what you were saying, which many with not such good intentions will not and in many cases can not do. So I take my hat off to you for presenting a positive post. As many have commented, all of Chapter 7, Chapter 8 and HCL has not been completed, but Iraq is working on it and at what appears to be at a faster rate than previous.

I will not apologize for those who knocked your post, for they also have opinions, and maybe some with ulterior motives, but again good job, thank you for even wanting to post as a newbie.

Welcome to the site and

Go RV.

RPMAC

Wow. Your title made me hold my breath until I could open your post. Chapter 7 ended! Wow

But your post is not about the news that Chapter 7 has been lifted. Most of us know that the major portion of Chapter 7 was lifted in December, but Chapter 7 is not completely LIFTED. Kuwait still has some issues. The DFI money has been being used all year, not just since June.

But I digress. Chapter 7 has not been lifted. You forgot to let us know we are now in Chapter 8.

And if you were truly a firefighter, you would be trained in how not to incite people. And I am not only incited, I am a little angry.

The mods need to close or move this before somebody has a heart attack, and a real fire fighter is need to help someone.

WHOA dude, lighten up. Did somebody kick your puppy? Whatever section it is in, it is a good perspective, backed up with sources, from someone who has been there to serve the country and a new member. I think you should be a little nicer to people. I did not give you a negative because you are obviously having a bad day, you should relax a little and be nice to people.

Man, your a real @$$hole, cut the guy "(AVPAFRFD)" some slack and some benefit of the doubt before putting him down with your amour piercing rounds.

• Upvote 2