Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki: Iraq no longer poses a threat to the international community

Tom

Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki met with UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon in a closed-door meeting before they meet with the envoys of the five permanent members of the Security Council. Al-Maliki told reporters after the meeting that he was able to clarify the issue that Iraq no longer poses a threat to the international community to Maliki demanded. relaxation of the sanctions imposed on Iraq since dictator Saddam Hussein tried to invade Kuwait in 1990, Al-Maliki arrived in New York yesterday, kicking off a visit to the United States for talks with senior US officials on ways of strengthening bilateral relations between Baghdad and Washington in various areas

http://alahwar-tv.com/pages/news.php?nid=2982

• Upvote 2

Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki met with UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon in a closed-door meeting before they meet with the envoys of the five permanent members of the Security Council. Al-Maliki told reporters after the meeting that he was able to clarify the issue that Iraq no longer poses a threat to the international community to Maliki demanded. relaxation of the sanctions imposed on Iraq since dictator Saddam Hussein tried to invade Kuwait in 1990, Al-Maliki arrived in New York yesterday, kicking off a visit to the United States for talks with senior US officials on ways of strengthening bilateral relations between Baghdad and Washington in various areas

http://alahwar-tv.com/pages/news.php?nid=2982

YEA!!!!! GREAT POST

I believe there is a great possibility that he is in the US. I dont know how anyone else looks at this, but I truely believe they will pop this thing off either before Ramadon, or during the first few days of it...exactly when nobody thinks they will be doing any work! I just dont see this being put off for another month, not with all of the progress we have seen in the past few days...weeks! They have been working like crazy to get things done...seems that they have and agenda that is very time sensitive! Not to mention inflation....Shabbs is about to blow a gasket!!

what am i missing? why is this so great???

July 31 is the current ending for Chapter VII sanctions with the probability of those sanctions being extended until 12/31 or 7/31/2012.

Maliki has been trying to get the 5 permanent members of the UN Security Council to back him in a bid of removing the sanctions and ending Chapter VII. He has an ongoing dialogue, of course, with the US and Iraqi news reported recently that Obama would back his stance in removal of sanctions. He also recently met with the Chinese; the French have apparently agreed to back Maliki but I don't recall anything recently about the UK or Russia either supporting Maliki or not.

Removal of Chapter VII sanctions is reported (and I agree) to be one of the things that leads to an RV.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it --- unless someone can show me definitive info to the contrary. :D

I have seen this article posted before and at the time tried to locate anything on the UN website stating that Maliki would be visiting - there is Nothing.

A continued search of Iraq news outlets found the following article dated today - It would seem to me that it is very difficult for al-Maliki to be on 2 different

continents at the same time. So something is amiss. :(

My link

Tloihat with the possibility of declaring the Middle Euphrates region-Al-Maliki emphasizes the need to activate the role of the provincial private sector involvement in investment

7/27/2011 9:02:28 PM

Iraq Constitution

Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki met with Governors and heads of District Councils to discuss mechanisms for establishing the investment projects being deferred premiums to pay their dues.A Cabinet Minister Al-Maliki reiterated: there are new prospects for payment term has been discussed with a number of global companies, particularly Korean and Chinese, to overcome the difficulties which prevent the implementation of strategic projects and local districts.For his part, said Deputy Prime Minister Saleh Al-mutlaq, who attended the meeting: that everyone working in team spirit, through increased cooperation between the District Councils and ministries concerned, with a view to reaching agreements to develop projects that provide employment opportunities for young people and the Iraqi economy towards greater strength and durability.The Governor of Hilla Mohammed Al-Masudi revealed the existence of several openings in Babil Governorate Council revolves to advertise ((Babel, Karbala and Wasit)) as a separate territory with its resolutions and his authority as Kurdistan. Al-Masudi said: as a result of being suppressed in the powers of Government, local governments began in the provinces mentioned study and discuss how to advertise a new territory similar to Kurdistan. and we serve our publics in the provinces, which are often put us in the critical angles were obliged to take a bold decision to grant companies the right investment without reference to the Central Government. Glenb another Baghdad Governorate Council announced Wednesday that more provinces hit in terms of financial allocations and statutory powers, but was not invited to form a ladarkh capital territory that an inappropriate time, stating that all peers in provincial constitutional right to wait until the availability of suitable land

Here is the translation from Google Translate:

التقى رئيس الوزراء نوري المالكي الأمين العام للأمم المتحدة بان كى مون فى اجتماع مغلق قبل أن يجتمع بمبعوثي الدول دائمة العضوية فى مجلس الأمن لاحقا. وقد صرح المالكى للصحفيين عقب الاجتماع بأنه تمكن من إيضاح مسألة أن العراق لم يعد

يشكل تهديدا للمجتمع الدولى.طالب المالكي بتخفيف العقوبات المفروضة على العراق منذ قيام الطاغية المقبور صدام حسين بغزو الكويت عام 1990.وكان المالكي وصل نيويورك

أمس في مستهل زيارة للولايات المتحدة يجري خلالها مباحثات مع كبار المسؤولين الأميركيين حول سبل ترسيخ العلاقات الثنائية بين بغداد وواشنطن في شتى المجالات

Met Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, the Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon in a closed meeting before the meet envoys of the permanent members of the Security Council later. He told al-Maliki told reporters after the meeting that he was able to clarify the issue that Iraq no longer poses a threat to the international community. Maliki demanded to ease sanctions imposed on Iraq since the dictator buried Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in 1990. Al-Maliki arrived in New York yesterday at the start of a visit to the United States during which he will talks with senior U.S. officials on ways to strengthen bilateral relations between Baghdad and Washington in various areas

As I understand it, this is saying Maliki is in the US right now. Is that correct?

Interesting timing.

The link is totally in aribic, is there a way to confirm this was from today?

Did you try the translate button at the top of the page? Yeah, it's all Greek, or in this case... Arabic to me too!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very interesting find... don't wanna jump to conclusions bwth.... coincidence???? Let's hope NOT!!! Let's see... the US is trying to make a show of how "tough it is to work out a budget" (though in one of their high level meetings with the top brass there was a picture taken that showed no one present had a notepad, or laptop... yeah, and THAT wasn't a photo op!). Now the leader of Iraq shows up at just the same time... hmmmmm. Yeah... I know, there are plenty of smart people who don't wanna make the connection, but please... wake up sleepers. rolleyes.gif How bout this... Google "directional drilling" and draw your own conclusions. Here is just one of the links. http://en.wikipedia....asion_of_Kuwait )

Only bringing this up to make a point. We the people don't really know what's going on... sorry you smart ones with two, three degrees... not bashing you ... but who promoted the "knowledge" you learned? Uh huh... exactly. Until you do your own due diligence you will never know what is going on. Be smart... look for yourself.. don't let some public education system spoon feed you and your kids. Challenge them... ask questions... be a pain in their arss!dry.gif Whew... I haven't gone off like that in a while...sorry folks... but in my book, there is more to this ride than meets the eye. Thanks! Nuff said! GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

Edited by RodandStaff