Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

FACING THE RUMOR REALITY

Legolas

Hi KristiD. If you re-read what I wrote, you'll find that I never said they would have two currencies with different values. I said they would have "the same" value, and the old notes would have to co-exist for a short period of time until all could be exchanged. It's actually very simple. The new notes would be substantially different from the old and would be easily recognized. With a new value, it would be obvious that the 3 zero notes were to be valued without the zeros. Wouldn't take a rocket scientist to understand the change. No one can be absolutely certain that this will be the case, but it makes perfect sense. Review the posts that I recommended above explaining the M2, GDP, and 27 Trillion Dinars currently in circulation and it might be easier to understand the concept. The numbers simply don't work with a straight RV.

Hello Legolas:

You are in fact saying that there would be two currencies existing at the same time with different values. You just said yourself that it will be up to people to look at the notes and value the ones with 3 zeros differently than the ones with less than 3 zeros. That cannot be. An IQD is an IQD whether it is part of a 100 note or a 25,000 note. You can't assign a different value to that IQD based on it being part of a lower or higher denominated note. And what about the existing IQD notes of 50 or 100? Will they still be worth $.005US and $.01US respectively or will these 50 and 100 exisitng IQD notes without 3 zeros be deemed to be worth as much as the new IQD notes? If so, that's ludicrous, how can you penalize someone who holds their currency in higher denominated notes and give a windfall to someone who holds them in lower denominations? The Iraqis would riot in the streets. And if you're not saying that, then again, you clearly have one 100IQD note worth $.01US and another one worth $100US. I stand by what I said - you cannot have two currencies in use with different values. An IQD has to be an IQD - regardless of the note that comprises it - it cannot have one value becuase it's part of a 25,000 note and a different value beause it's part of a 100 note - and because a currency transition happens over time and not instantaneously, this would be what would happen under your proposal. Although I disagree that an RV will not work, even if they don't RV, they cannot do what you are proposing because a currency by definition must be worth a specific value and you can't say it's worth $1US in some cases and then only $.001 in another case.

G'day Legolas & KristiD

You say the numbers do not work for a straight RV, please consider this the 27 Trillion that for the moment we will say is out there mostly in the hands of Large Goverment's. KristiD brings a excellent point in regard to what the Iraqi people were told in relation to the devaluation and they took it on the chin and wow what an attitude most of us would have strung the deliverer's of that news up by their jewels and then hammered the nails into them in the form of a upside down crucifix after they had stretched for a while. You need to address her point.

My two cents worth(wish I could find the emoticon for that :D ) is the 27 trill is not Dinar that will be cashed in as we the estimated 3-7% (tops) investors will do and then some of us will hold out for a building rate of the Dinar.

I believe the Dinar that is held by the outside Governments will have agreements in place to only use the held Dinar as Petro Dinar for exchange and payment for Oil orders out of Iraq. This give Iraq the profit at the revalued rate and the ability to return the wealth to the iraqi people at the same time.

This has a whole lot more to it in terms of the US arrangements which have to be considered in regard to recouping teh war debt but this is a alternative to your scenario Legolas. Not withstanding this if Iraq does screw over the US gov't and it pans out to your scenario which is certainly still possible. I would be expecting Iraq to be in a mess within the first five years as the US will wipe them like a dirty rag.

Cheers Chill B) B)

It doesnt matter where the dinar is.....the point is that with a total money supply of 59 trillion dinar, they dont have anything to back that up more then what they have now at 1170.....take the CBI foreign reserves (which props up the dinar and backs its value) and multiply it by the 1170 rate and you get almost exactly what the total money supply is......they have nothing more then that at this point....they cannot back a significant rise in value right now....thats what Legolas is saying....

As far as what Krisit was saying about the purposely devalued dinar that happened overnight, well thats completely not true.....the dinar lost its value way before we invaded Iraq.....Inflation was getting high and instead of doing the right thing, Saddam just kept printing excessive amounts of currency and thats why Iraq is in the position they are today....no one took it away from them overnight.....and it cant magically appear overnight either....

In point of fact...every country who every revalued had two versions of the same currency in circulation at one time...both with the same value...the only thing that changed was the number of zeros...in other words, all paper money is simply the illusion of value...after all, they could never do this with gold. Great post btw legolas....heres hoping you can open a few eyes with it.

I'm not sure I'm following you exactly, but I agree that there will be different versions of a currency out there with the same intrensic value. However,the denominations will change, right? It's not like you will have old 100IQD notes worth $.01US and new 100IQD notes worth $1US - both in use at the same time. An IQD needs to have a stable unit of value whether it's part of a 25,000 note or a 100 note. While you could say all IQDs are worth $.001US today and then next week revalue the currency and say that all IQDs are now worth $1US, you cannot say, for example that 100IQD is worth only $.01US if it's part of a 25,000 note, but if it's part of a 100 note, then it's worth $1US. This is the point I'm making. I believe and hope the RV will happen, but if it doesn't, Legolas' proposal cannot work because you cannot have 2 different values for the IQD at the same time. Currency by definition. represents a specific value and you simply can't say it's worth $.01US sometimes and then $1US other times.

• Upvote 1

FACING THE RUMOR REALITY

When I first invested in the Dinar more than three years ago, the likelihood of turning an investment of a little over $1,000 per million Dinars into a windfall profit of one million DOLLARS per million, (or as much as 3.86 million if I had been crazy enough to listen to the claims of Frank26, Terry K, Okie and others) seemed like an extremely remote possibility. However, after reading all of the hype available at the time, and listening to several friends who were absolutely certain that the revaluation of the Dinar was “imminent,” I figured that I had little to lose if it didn’t happen, and a great deal to gain if by some chance it did. Needless to say, the chances have appeared more and more remote as the years and RV dates have come and gone.

At the time, the banks and dealers were charging approximately $1,050 per million Dinars, or roughly 23% over the current market value of $853 per million. I knew that if this seemingly insane revaluation to more than 1,000 to 3,000 times its current value didn’t occur, it would likely cost at least another 23% to exchange my Dinars back to Dollars. A potential loss of 46% on the investment was painful, but doable considering the potential gain. That was way back in 2008.......sooooo many RV dates ago.

Today, dealers are charging as much as $1,250 per million Dinars, or roughly 47% above market value. Exchanging back to U.S. Dollars in the event a revaluation did not occur, would undoubtedly cost at least another 20% (probably more) making the total loss on a more recent investment at least 67%. Those who have listened to the pumper hype and purchased “small” denoms have paid far more.

At this point, I don’t think anyone can argue that the pumpers/liars have played a very significant role in the sale of BILLIONS upon BILLIONS of Dinars since the rumors began in 2004, with literally hundreds of “has-to-RV-by” dates having come and gone since, and new ones replacing each failed date as they pass uneventfully. Almost inexplicably, people continuing to believe each new lie as it is artfully created. The dealers, banks, e-bay sellers, etc. have made millions of Dollars in profits at our expense. The more lies created, the more money made by the dealers. The government of Iraq has been the very happy recipient of huge profits as they benefit from what are quite obviously very long term, interest-free “loans” from U.S. investors. Meanwhile we wait for years with no realistic end in sight, afraid to sell our Dinars, fearing that as soon as we do, the long-awaited RV will occur. Brilliant marketing!

A rational individual would wonder why on earth Iraq would continue to export billions of Dinars to the U.S. each month unrestricted if they had any intention of revaluing each of those Dinars, currently valued at 1/10 of a cent each to suddenly overnight being worth $1-$4 DOLLARS each. They couldn’t stop it all, but they could definitely stop most of it. If there’s a logical answer to this question, I’ve yet to hear it, despite having spent more than 3 years on these forums.

Starting about 18 months or so ago we began to see articles in Iraqi media discussing the possibility of “removing the three zeros” from the large notes. This began an immediate and very well managed debate regarding the dreaded “lop.” The gurus and pumpers successfully twisted the perceived meaning of the concept to convince nearly everyone that this involved a DE-valuing of the currency, and that this quite obviously could never happen……and very logically, it wouldn’t.

What they have played down is the fact that the real purpose of the removal of the three zeros was to simplify the financial industry to #1) make “counting” the currency MUCH easier, and #2) to instantly increase the value of the Dinar to be more on a par with the U.S. Dollar and surrounding countries. Obviously, to do this a new currency has to be designed and issued (partially due to agreements with the Kurds that their language be included), but primarily due to the fact that they currently have no small denominations. Given the fact that the Iraqi’s do not like to use coins, notes of ¼. ½, 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, and probably 100 would be required. The total cost of design and printing of the new Iraqi Dinar back in 2003 was approximately $150 million Dollars, INCLUDING all of the heavy military security measures required at the time to distribute and exchange the new currency.

I’ve seen many people argue that there is no way that Iraq can afford to design an entirely new currency, and that they would therefore merely add new lower denominations. This is absolutely laughable given the fact that cashing in a very small handful of U.S. investors at a rate of $1-3 per existing Dinar would cost far more than the $150 million cost of this new currency. Very simple math establishes that fact. The holdings of 3-4 investors of 30 million Dinars each would easily cover that expense. A new currency would clearly cost thousands of times less than a straight RV.

Given the abundance of articles and speeches of the past few months pertaining to the removal of the three zeros, it is clear that Iraq intends to initiate and complete this process sometime in the near future. HOWEVER, that being said, how much sense does it make that they would be talking about it so candidly if their intention was to revalue the Dinar PRIOR to issuing the new currency? Logically, there is absolutely no way they could afford to do that. Speculation has already been rampant over the past 7 years. Imagine the chaos if people were told and actually believed that the existing currency was suddenly going to have a new value thousands of times greater than its current value.

Doesn’t it make FAR more sense that they would issue a newly designed currency, with a NEW value of $1-$3 or so, simultaneously requiring that the old currency be exchanged for the new at equal value for a specified period of time? Until collected, the old notes would retain the same value as the new (minus the zeros). This would effectively result in an increase in value for the Dinar of anywhere between 18-250% - which would be a HUGE increase by ANY investment standards, and far more than any currency normally increases. It would NOT be a lop……merely a redenomination with a concurrent revaluation.

To believe that our $1,000 investment is suddenly going to be worth $1,000,000 to $4,000,000 seems more than a little bit irrational, particularly given the fact that Iraq currently has at least 24-27 TRILLION Dinars in circulation. Why would they give away tens of trillions of Dollars they don’t have to, when they can accomplish the same increase in value using this method? I still haven’t heard a reasonable explanation that makes as much sense as this one.

For those of us who paid $1,000 per million, at a $1 RV, we would roughly break even. Our profits would increase depending on what amount the RV turned out to be over and above $1, to as much as slightly over triple the original investment if the RV is over $3. Obviously those who paid more than $1,000 per million would lose a small amount, unless the RV is substantially more than $1.00. The higher the RV, the larger the profit percentage.

Based on the currently available information, this seems to me to be the only logical scenario for Iraq. One thing is certain. It is painfully obvious that the BS from the pumpers is just that……PURE BS. To believe the latest rumor that the IRS is opening “cash-in centers” for the exchange of IQD on July 16 is pure stupidity. The IRS is not a bank, and has no means or authority under U.S. law to exchange currencies or wire money to banks. Those offices will be open, but not for the Dinar.

We can continue to believe the garbage that comes from these websites and conference calls day after day, month after month and year after year, OR we can examine the issue rationally and see the handwriting on the wall. To do otherwise after all this time is pure delusion and wishful thinking.

I’d love to be wrong and see them RV tomorrow at One Dollar, or even TEN CENTS "prior" to re-denominating, but I simply can no longer wrap my head around that possibility given what we now know. After all this time and all these lies, I sure hope we see at least a reasonable profit from our investment. Meanwhile, we continue to wait and watch the copiers and pasters bring the never-ending supply of crap to the websites to convince the newbies to jump on the Dinar express. :angry:

Maybe the staff could pin this post so that more could read it. There is a lot more BS, rumors, and out lies concerning the RV than truth. GO RV!!!

It doesnt matter where the dinar is.....the point is that with a total money supply of 59 trillion dinar, they dont have anything to back that up more then what they have now at 1170.....take the CBI foreign reserves (which props up the dinar and backs its value) and multiply it by the 1170 rate and you get almost exactly what the total money supply is......they have nothing more then that at this point....they cannot back a significant rise in value right now....thats what Legolas is saying....

As far as what Krisit was saying about the purposely devalued dinar that happened overnight, well thats completely not true.....the dinar lost its value way before we invaded Iraq.....Inflation was getting high and instead of doing the right thing, Saddam just kept printing excessive amounts of currency and thats why Iraq is in the position they are today....no one took it away from them overnight.....and it cant magically appear overnight either....

I am new to this investment and haven't studied as long as you all, but I listen to Breitling often. He did in fact say that the government of Iraq deliberately devalued their currency drastically after their country fell apart from Saddam, and maybe I assumed that they did it over night when they didn't, but I still give credence to what he says. And I've heard this from other sources as well - also reputable ones. You and Legolas and I can agree to disagree on whether an RV is possible now or later (they do have lots of oil and just because it isn't out of the ground yet, doesn't mean it has no value), but the point of my post was that Legolas' proposal to bring in a new IQD worth $1-3US while simultaenously having the existing IQD notes worth only $.0001US if they're comprised of 3 zero notes cannot work. Again an IQD - or any currency - represents a specific value - that value may change over time, but at any given time it has one and only one value. You cannot say that an IQD is worth $1US if it's in a new 100IQD note but that it's worth only $.001US if it's in an 25,000 existing note - note when both are legal currencies. This is why Legolas' plan can't work. Whether the IQD RVs now or later or never, his proposal is not viable because the IQD must maintain a consistant value in all the Iraq currency and under his proposal it does not.

I am new to this investment and haven't studied as long as you all, but I listen to Breitling often. He did in fact say that the government of Iraq deliberately devalued their currency drastically after their country fell apart from Saddam, and maybe I assumed that they did it over night when they didn't, but I still give credence to what he says. And I've heard this from other sources as well - also reputable ones. You and Legolas and I can agree to disagree on whether an RV is possible now or later (they do have lots of oil and just because it isn't out of the ground yet, doesn't mean it has no value), but the point of my post was that Legolas' proposal to bring in a new IQD worth $1-3US while simultaenously having the existing IQD notes worth only $.0001US if they're comprised of 3 zero notes cannot work. Again an IQD - or any currency - represents a specific value - that value may change over time, but at any given time it has one and only one value. You cannot say that an IQD is worth $1US if it's in a new 100IQD note but that it's worth only $.001US if it's in an 25,000 existing note - note when both are legal currencies. This is why Legolas' plan can't work. Whether the IQD RVs now or later or never, his proposal is not viable because the IQD must maintain a consistant value in all the Iraq currency and under his proposal it does not.

Breitling is confused about alot of things.....and doesnt know some of the things he even says....my advice to you, is to stop listening to him, and verify all the information yourself....because there are alot of people that seem credible, but are completely wrong in what they say....Breitling being one of them.....

Saddam did run Iraq into the ground, but this started in the early 90s..... his actions are why they suffered from hyperinflation and why they have an inflated money supply...but this was long before we invaded Iraq....

I think what legolas was getting at, is that if they RD, the old currency (what we hold now) will not see the new value....when the RD process is complete and the bills are exchanged for the new, the new dinar will be RVd.....but that basically means that we would have to exchange one of our old 25k notes for a new 25 note.....

No matter how much oil Iraq has, it cant erase the years of hyperinflation and it cannot back up 59 trillion dollars.....not until they reduce the money supply....

Hello Legolas:

You are in fact saying that there would be two currencies existing at the same time with different values. You just said yourself that it will be up to people to look at the notes and value the ones with 3 zeros differently than the ones with less than 3 zeros. That cannot be. An IQD is an IQD whether it is part of a 100 note or a 25,000 note. You can't assign a different value to that IQD based on it being part of a lower or higher denominated note. And what about the existing IQD notes of 50 or 100? Will they still be worth $.005US and $.01US respectively or will these 50 and 100 exisitng IQD notes without 3 zeros be deemed to be worth as much as the new IQD notes? If so, that's ludicrous, how can you penalize someone who holds their currency in higher denominated notes and give a windfall to someone who holds them in lower denominations? The Iraqis would riot in the streets. And if you're not saying that, then again, you clearly have one 100IQD note worth $.01US and another one worth $100US. I stand by what I said - you cannot have two currencies in use with different values. An IQD has to be an IQD - regardless of the note that comprises it - it cannot have one value becuase it's part of a 25,000 note and a different value beause it's part of a 100 note - and because a currency transition happens over time and not instantaneously, this would be what would happen under your proposal. Although I disagree that an RV will not work, even if they don't RV, they cannot do what you are proposing because a currency by definition must be worth a specific value and you can't say it's worth $1US in some cases and then only $.001 in another case.

Kristi, there IS NOT a 100 IQD note currently in existence. The 100 would be a new note. Within Iraq, the old notes would have to be exchanged for new ones within a very short period of time. It's not that difficult. They would know that the value of their current notes has been changed, and the conversion to the new rate would not be a major problem. Regardless of what they ultimately do, new notes will be required, so there will be a brief adjustment period. They just did it a few years ago in 2003, and it didn't cause unmanageable chaos. Outside of Iraq would obviously be more difficult, but the truth is, the IQD isn't tradable outside anyway. Exchange will be the problem of those who hold the notes. The IQD was never intended to be an investment tool for U.S. citizens, but I don't see it as a huge problem here either. The value will be whatever it is ultimately set at, and they will be converted to U.S. Dollars.

Lego quick question... btw Im on the same page as you as far as this investment goes. Question.. When the Bush administration made this available to invest years ago could the Iraq goverment have thought hey lets let everyone invest in the dinar and we'll gain the profit from those sale knowing it would not rv, but rather rd? Why would they continue to have auctions in the billions if they knew it was to rv? Who knows maybe Shabbs and company are responsible for many pumping here and elsewhere.

Like you mentioned before...People only want to see and hear what they want to see and hear.

Thanks for the post. I sure hope it stays on long enough to speak to those wanting to invest in this.

Please Pin this post!

• Upvote 1

FACING THE RUMOR REALITY

When I first invested in the Dinar more than three years ago, the likelihood of turning an investment of a little over $1,000 per million Dinars into a windfall profit of one million DOLLARS per million, (or as much as 3.86 million if I had been crazy enough to listen to the claims of Frank26, Terry K, Okie and others) seemed like an extremely remote possibility. However, after reading all of the hype available at the time, and listening to several friends who were absolutely certain that the revaluation of the Dinar was “imminent,” I figured that I had little to lose if it didn’t happen, and a great deal to gain if by some chance it did. Needless to say, the chances have appeared more and more remote as the years and RV dates have come and gone.

At the time, the banks and dealers were charging approximately $1,050 per million Dinars, or roughly 23% over the current market value of $853 per million. I knew that if this seemingly insane revaluation to more than 1,000 to 3,000 times its current value didn’t occur, it would likely cost at least another 23% to exchange my Dinars back to Dollars. A potential loss of 46% on the investment was painful, but doable considering the potential gain. That was way back in 2008.......sooooo many RV dates ago.

Today, dealers are charging as much as $1,250 per million Dinars, or roughly 47% above market value. Exchanging back to U.S. Dollars in the event a revaluation did not occur, would undoubtedly cost at least another 20% (probably more) making the total loss on a more recent investment at least 67%. Those who have listened to the pumper hype and purchased “small” denoms have paid far more.

At this point, I don’t think anyone can argue that the pumpers/liars have played a very significant role in the sale of BILLIONS upon BILLIONS of Dinars since the rumors began in 2004, with literally hundreds of “has-to-RV-by” dates having come and gone since, and new ones replacing each failed date as they pass uneventfully. Almost inexplicably, people continuing to believe each new lie as it is artfully created. The dealers, banks, e-bay sellers, etc. have made millions of Dollars in profits at our expense. The more lies created, the more money made by the dealers. The government of Iraq has been the very happy recipient of huge profits as they benefit from what are quite obviously very long term, interest-free “loans” from U.S. investors. Meanwhile we wait for years with no realistic end in sight, afraid to sell our Dinars, fearing that as soon as we do, the long-awaited RV will occur. Brilliant marketing!

A rational individual would wonder why on earth Iraq would continue to export billions of Dinars to the U.S. each month unrestricted if they had any intention of revaluing each of those Dinars, currently valued at 1/10 of a cent each to suddenly overnight being worth $1-$4 DOLLARS each. They couldn’t stop it all, but they could definitely stop most of it. If there’s a logical answer to this question, I’ve yet to hear it, despite having spent more than 3 years on these forums.

Starting about 18 months or so ago we began to see articles in Iraqi media discussing the possibility of “removing the three zeros” from the large notes. This began an immediate and very well managed debate regarding the dreaded “lop.” The gurus and pumpers successfully twisted the perceived meaning of the concept to convince nearly everyone that this involved a DE-valuing of the currency, and that this quite obviously could never happen……and very logically, it wouldn’t.

What they have played down is the fact that the real purpose of the removal of the three zeros was to simplify the financial industry to #1) make “counting” the currency MUCH easier, and #2) to instantly increase the value of the Dinar to be more on a par with the U.S. Dollar and surrounding countries. Obviously, to do this a new currency has to be designed and issued (partially due to agreements with the Kurds that their language be included), but primarily due to the fact that they currently have no small denominations. Given the fact that the Iraqi’s do not like to use coins, notes of ¼. ½, 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, and probably 100 would be required. The total cost of design and printing of the new Iraqi Dinar back in 2003 was approximately $150 million Dollars, INCLUDING all of the heavy military security measures required at the time to distribute and exchange the new currency.

I’ve seen many people argue that there is no way that Iraq can afford to design an entirely new currency, and that they would therefore merely add new lower denominations. This is absolutely laughable given the fact that cashing in a very small handful of U.S. investors at a rate of $1-3 per existing Dinar would cost far more than the $150 million cost of this new currency. Very simple math establishes that fact. The holdings of 3-4 investors of 30 million Dinars each would easily cover that expense. A new currency would clearly cost thousands of times less than a straight RV.

Given the abundance of articles and speeches of the past few months pertaining to the removal of the three zeros, it is clear that Iraq intends to initiate and complete this process sometime in the near future. HOWEVER, that being said, how much sense does it make that they would be talking about it so candidly if their intention was to revalue the Dinar PRIOR to issuing the new currency? Logically, there is absolutely no way they could afford to do that. Speculation has already been rampant over the past 7 years. Imagine the chaos if people were told and actually believed that the existing currency was suddenly going to have a new value thousands of times greater than its current value.

Doesn’t it make FAR more sense that they would issue a newly designed currency, with a NEW value of $1-$3 or so, simultaneously requiring that the old currency be exchanged for the new at equal value for a specified period of time? Until collected, the old notes would retain the same value as the new (minus the zeros). This would effectively result in an increase in value for the Dinar of anywhere between 18-250% - which would be a HUGE increase by ANY investment standards, and far more than any currency normally increases. It would NOT be a lop……merely a redenomination with a concurrent revaluation.

To believe that our $1,000 investment is suddenly going to be worth $1,000,000 to $4,000,000 seems more than a little bit irrational, particularly given the fact that Iraq currently has at least 24-27 TRILLION Dinars in circulation. Why would they give away tens of trillions of Dollars they don’t have to, when they can accomplish the same increase in value using this method? I still haven’t heard a reasonable explanation that makes as much sense as this one.

For those of us who paid $1,000 per million, at a $1 RV, we would roughly break even. Our profits would increase depending on what amount the RV turned out to be over and above $1, to as much as slightly over triple the original investment if the RV is over $3. Obviously those who paid more than $1,000 per million would lose a small amount, unless the RV is substantially more than $1.00. The higher the RV, the larger the profit percentage.

Based on the currently available information, this seems to me to be the only logical scenario for Iraq. One thing is certain. It is painfully obvious that the BS from the pumpers is just that……PURE BS. To believe the latest rumor that the IRS is opening “cash-in centers” for the exchange of IQD on July 16 is pure stupidity. The IRS is not a bank, and has no means or authority under U.S. law to exchange currencies or wire money to banks. Those offices will be open, but not for the Dinar.

We can continue to believe the garbage that comes from these websites and conference calls day after day, month after month and year after year, OR we can examine the issue rationally and see the handwriting on the wall. To do otherwise after all this time is pure delusion and wishful thinking.

I’d love to be wrong and see them RV tomorrow at One Dollar, or even TEN CENTS "prior" to re-denominating, but I simply can no longer wrap my head around that possibility given what we now know. After all this time and all these lies, I sure hope we see at least a reasonable profit from our investment. Meanwhile, we continue to wait and watch the copiers and pasters bring the never-ending supply of crap to the websites to convince the newbies to jump on the Dinar express. :angry:

Lego quick question... btw Im on the same page as you as far as this investment goes. Question.. When the Bush administration made this available to invest years ago could the Iraq goverment have thought hey lets let everyone invest in the dinar and we'll gain the profit from those sale knowing it would not rv, but rather rd? Why would they continue to have auctions in the billions if they knew it was to rv? Who knows maybe Shabbs and company are responsible for many pumping here and elsewhere.

Like you mentioned before...People only want to see and hear what they want to see and hear.

Thanks for the post. I sure hope it stays on long enough to speak to those wanting to invest in this.

Please Pin this post!

Great question cabinetman, but honestly, I don't think we can get an answer in the near term. I've said for a long time that there are three entities currently profiting from the sale of Dinars to investors. #1: IRAQ - they are the recipient of very long term, interest-free "loans" from we the investors of valuable U.S. Dollars - millions per month for the past several years. We can be sure that Shabibi is well aware of all of the Dinar websites. Are he and the GOI laughing at us? Perhaps. I've always wondered why Iraq would allow BILLIONS of Dinars to be shipped to the U.S. every month to be sold by dealers if they had any intention of significantly increasing the value. There are many more issues, but that suffices for this discussion. #2: Dinar Dealers- They are obviously making anywhere from $200-$400 or more over face value per million Dinars sold. #3: The Pumpers - We can be relatively certain that they don't do what they do every day without some type of compensation. It's not likely to be all about ego as some suggest. Some may be innocent dupes, anxious to bring the exciting message to fellow investors. But not the big ones who have made hundreds, and in some case thousands of false RV claims. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Unfortunately, I think you are correct...I starting buying and watching in 2007 and now just hoping and praying to get some kind of small return...Thanks for your thoughts... :(

:lol::lol::lol:

I would like state to all the believers and nonbelievers out there that you will never see another investment in your lifetime or your children's lifetime. You are about to be partakers of types of returns that have been taking place on the the other side of the fence for a long period of time but with all the hype of the rv you have forgotten that really you were not to know about this investment.(I wonder why)The hands cannot turn back the time but they can make an effort to collect as much as possible from the average citizen that is involved with this investment. Think about it for a second 1% of the world knows about certain info that's why there are the wealthiest until now for( I will work a work in your day that if it were told to you you wouldn't believe it). Look the World Global Settlement/U.S Dollar Refunding Project is the real deal and the Iraqi Dinar Revaluation is part of it and in the near future we will see a new financial system in place and the international playing field will be leveraged. The United States didn't put 10 trillion into this business deal with Iraq for the dinar to LOP, it was put there to create wealth untold and it was suppose to happen on bush's clock. Listen it cannot be changed just delayed(tax provisions) tax the wealthy how about the new found iraqi Investor that's what you would like to say I know? PROTOCOL respect that. The reality of this we as investors are in a great place during The Great Depression there were more millionaires created in the history of the United States and with Iraq in it's beginning stages of Government and what it has to offer will produce the same results. Stay focused!!!

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure I'm following you exactly, but I agree that there will be different versions of a currency out there with the same intrensic value. However,the denominations will change, right? It's not like you will have old 100IQD notes worth $.01US and new 100IQD notes worth $1US - both in use at the same time. An IQD needs to have a stable unit of value whether it's part of a 25,000 note or a 100 note. While you could say all IQDs are worth $.001US today and then next week revalue the currency and say that all IQDs are now worth $1US, you cannot say, for example that 100IQD is worth only $.01US if it's part of a 25,000 note, but if it's part of a 100 note, then it's worth $1US. This is the point I'm making. I believe and hope the RV will happen, but if it doesn't, Legolas' proposal cannot work because you cannot have 2 different values for the IQD at the same time. Currency by definition. represents a specific value and you simply can't say it's worth $.01US sometimes and then $1US other times.

I understand what you're saying Kristi......BTW I'm not an economic expert ( infact far from it).... I'm trying to remember something similar ( if I recall correctly) to that scenario you described.....

If I'm not mistaken (I certainly might be) something like this happened in France in the 50's or 60's when they had at the same time (for a certain period of time) BOTH Old Francs along with New Francs.... Please somebody correct me if I'm wrong ( most likely I am, but wanted to share this which I remembered). Thanks.

Edited by umbertino

Of the 23 bill in wiggle room, much of it in dinar, it's highly doubtful the US will accept an even exchange...

U.S. Treasury ~ "Currency Market Instability" Pool of Money Set Aside Gives Treasury $23 Billion of Wiggle Room in Spending ~ Last Ditch Effort ...

Exchange Stabilization Fund - The Exchange Stabilization Fund (ESF) consists of three types of assets: U.S. dollars, foreign currencies, and Special Drawing Rights (SDRs), which is an international reserve asset created by the International Monetary Fund. The financial statement of the ESF can be accessed at "Reports" or "Finances and Operations." The ESF can be used to purchase or sell foreign currencies, to hold U.S. foreign exchange and Special Drawing Rights (SDR) assets, and to provide financing to foreign governments. All operations of the ESF require the explicit authorization of the Secretary of the Treasury ("the Secretary"). The Secretary is responsible for the formulation and implementation of U.S. international monetary and financial policy, including exchange market intervention policy. The ESF helps the Secretary to carry out these responsibilities. By law, the Secretary has considerable discretion in the use of ESF resources. The legal basis of the ESF is the Gold Reserve Act of 1934. As amended in the late 1970s, the Act provides in part that "the Department of the Treasury has a stabilization fund …Consistent with the obligations of the Government in the International Monetary Fund (IMF) on orderly exchange arrangements and an orderly system of exchange rates, the Secretary …, with the approval of the President, may deal in gold, foreign exchange, and other instruments of credit and securities. Federal Reserve @ http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/international/ESF/Pages/esf-index.aspx

I understand what you're saying Kristi......BTW I'm not an economic expert ( infact far from it).... I'm trying to remember something similar ( if I recall correctly) to that scenario you described.....

If I'm not mistaken (I certainly might be) something like this happened in France in the 50's or 60's when they had at the same time (for a certain period of time) BOTH Old Francs along with New Francs.... Please somebody correct me if I'm wrong ( most likely I am, but wanted to share this which I remembered). Thanks.

The CBI owns the authority to set the value of the country's currency; with the approval of Parliament.

The 2 currency issue:

IQD is Re-Denominated on the authority of CBI/GOI

All current IQD currency has it's face value divided by 1000 on the authority of the CBI/GOI

The RD triggers the introduction on a new currency on the authority of the CBI/GOI. Let's call it the NID to keep it separate for this discussion.

Taking a 1,000 Dinar note as an example (IQD)

After RD is started, it's value is 1dinar, but still retains the buying power of the PRE RD 1,000 IQD

1000 dinar at 1170 dinar:dollar PRE RD is equal to 1 dinar at 1.17 dinar:dollar after RD is initiated

The dollar ratio is included in this discussion because the dinar is pegged to the dollar

The second currency has the 1Dinar note (1 NID) with exactly the same value as the 1,000 IQD ; which is 1 x 1170 dinar per dollar.

Both coexist, until the new currency (NID) can be spent/loaned into the economy, and the old IQD can be withdrawn.

A time limit is established on the authority of the CBI/GOI, to prevent really smart people from not exchanging the IQD for NID during the exchange period. After thisvtime limit is up, on the authority of the CBI/GOI, the IQD has no value, as the NID becomes the official currency for Iraq.

Two currencies coexisting does not mean the currencies have different value. Quite the opposite, the authority og the CBI/GOI sets the ground rules prior to the RD and educates the citizens before hand, while reinforcing/reassuring all the way through the process.

Amazing Post Legolas...

This post should be placed somewhere prominent on every Dinar Site so that every time one of these gurus posts their "tomorrow's the day" crap ... someone can quickly post your message right under it, to refute the bull and bring the reader back to reality.

• Upvote 2

Amazing Post Legolas...

This post should be placed somewhere prominent on every Dinar Site so that every time one of these gurus posts their "tomorrow's the day" crap ... someone can quickly post your message right under it, to refute the bull and bring the reader back to reality.

Thanks BJ. Anyone is more than welcome to take it, or a combination of it and several of the great responses which further explain it to any other site, and/or re-post it as often as you'd like. I suspect that it wouldn't remain posted at most of them for long, but it might be worth the effort. I don't claim to have all the answers, and I could very well be wrong with this one, but after studying the IQD dream for a very long time, this scenario makes the most sense to me, and apparently to many others as well. I'd love to see my investment turn into $100 Million Dollars overnight, but that no longer seems even remotely realistic. Keep up the great work everyone. This has been an interesting thread. :)

The second currency has the 1Dinar note (1 NID) with exactly the same value as the 1,000 IQD ; which is 1 x 1170 dinar per dollar.

This should read;

The second currency has the 1Dinar note (1 NID) with exactly the same value as the 1,000 IQD ; which is 1 x 1.17 dinar per dollar.

Sorry for that confusion...

I'm not sure what you mean by "the usa will not lose millions." The U.S. has already spent more than $1 Trillion Dollars in Iraq, and unfortunately gave up "control" more than a year ago. Iraq is now self-governed. While the U.S. and U.N. undoubtedly have some degree of influence, the actions of the Iraqi government over the past 16+ months make it abundantly clear that they are no longer "controlled" by anyone. I've seen no documentation to date that the U.S. Treasury is "invested" in the IQD. The statement that "the entire world is counting on an rv" is nothing more than speculation and hype from the pumpers and gurus. Can you honestly say that you have seen a single legitimate article ANYWHERE indicating that anyone other than we the investors are counting on the RV? Finally, the U.S. government never encouraged anyone to buy the IQD, and it's highly unlikely that you'll ever see a word about "protecting investors" by forcing a revaluation, or "Iraq "f**king over millions of Americans." That's just not going to happen. :rolleyes:

O-o-o-H Legolas! You NAILED again!! BOTH posts are so "dead-on" they ought to be MANDATORY READING, not simply to those rushing-out to "QUICKLY" buy Iraqi toilet paper with their next month's rent and grocery money. . .but to ALL Americans who have put their GRANDCHILDREN's jobs, financial security and any financial future in jeapordy because of the TRILLIONS of dollars and human assets we have lost in Iraq with NOTHING - - - -ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to show for it except DEBT, JOB LOSSES, FAMILY LOSSES and a SCARY immediate and forseebale future.

• Upvote 1

The CBI owns the authority to set the value of the country's currency; with the approval of Parliament.

The 2 currency issue:

IQD is Re-Denominated on the authority of CBI/GOI

All current IQD currency has it's face value divided by 1000 on the authority of the CBI/GOI

The RD triggers the introduction on a new currency on the authority of the CBI/GOI. Let's call it the NID to keep it separate for this discussion.

Taking a 1,000 Dinar note as an example (IQD)

After RD is started, it's value is 1dinar, but still retains the buying power of the PRE RD 1,000 IQD

1000 dinar at 1170 dinar:dollar PRE RD is equal to 1 dinar at 1.17 dinar:dollar after RD is initiated

The dollar ratio is included in this discussion because the dinar is pegged to the dollar

Both coexist, until the new currency (NID) can be spent/loaned into the economy, and the old IQD can be withdrawn.

A time limit is established on the authority of the CBI/GOI, to prevent really smart people from not exchanging the IQD for NID during the exchange period. After thisvtime limit is up, on the authority of the CBI/GOI, the IQD has no value, as the NID becomes the official currency for Iraq.

Two currencies coexisting does not mean the currencies have different value. Quite the opposite, the authority og the CBI/GOI sets the ground rules prior to the RD and educates the citizens before hand, while reinforcing/reassuring all the way through the process.

Thank you.

Hmm... Looks like we better start thinking of a grand plan on how to redistribute the (un-deserved) Rothschild Family Wealth.... Estimated 500 Trillion Dollars....