Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

HCL law passed ?

steveflex7

There hasn't been any news of the HCL being passed. It's a topic that seems to have been up for debate/discussion/argument since at least 2007. There were some articles that were hoping this would be the year that the HCL would get passed - but have not seen anything yet that it is yet on the Parliamentary schedule for discussion/reading.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There hasn't been any news of the HCL being passed. It's a topic that seems to have been up for debate/discussion/argument since at least 2007. There were some articles that were hoping this would be the year that the HCL would get passed - but have not seen anything yet that it is yet on the Parliamentary schedule for discussion/reading.

what are u talking about? havent you read the latest articles involving the HCL? they submitted it and it has already been approved IMHO this is close to being DONE or is already passed but hasnt been made public as of yet. What makes me think this is the shell contracts how could they do this without have this law already completed?

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 1

does anyone know if the HCL law was passed yet, and if not , when do they vote on it? I appreciate any input on this matter.

most likely not, "for when they pass the HCL they will most likely be lifted out of CH7 at the same time" per Adam Montana

Energy Committee approves draft Oil, Gas Law

Baghdad (NINA) – The Energy Committee, headed by Deputy Prime Miister, Hussein al-Shehristani, approved the amendment endorsed on the draft Oil and Gas Law prepared by the Ministry of Oil.

A statement issued on Wednesday, July 13, by the Deputy Prime Minister’s Office said, “The meeting was attended by ministers of Oil, Electricity, Science and Technology, Water Resources and Provinces’ Affairs.

It added that, “The Amendments have been referred to the Council of Ministers.”

It is noteworthy that on the current July 2, Parliament’s Oil and Energy Committee demanded Parliament to issue instructions to delay concluding any new contracts related to the production of crude oil and natural gas, and to speed up enacting Oil and Gas Law to be a legal cover to any future contracts, whether by the Federal Government or the regions and provinces.

It called on Parliament to vote on the necessity to comply by the Constitution’s articles with regards to contracts related to the production of oil and natural gas.

It is worth mentioning that the Oil and Gas Law was among the important law that previous Parliament failed to enact it and had it sent to current Parliament. / End.

http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=FHFMLG

• Upvote 1

what are u talking about? havent you read the lastest articles involving the HCL? they submitted it and it has already been approved IMHO this is close to being DONE or is already passed but hasnt been made public as of yet. What makes me think this is the shell contracts how could they do this without have this law already completed?

Are you referring to this article from July 7th?

Foreign companies have been doing deals in the Iraqi oil sector for years. The article above is simply a Parliamentary panel 'suggestion' that no more deals be made until the law is passed.

The draft law does not appear to have been put on the schedule for Parliament for discussion/reading of the draft law. I check the Parliamentary site quite often and have not seen this posted, of course it is possible I missed it - but I doubt all others that look at that site have overlooked the exact same thing. Laws in Iraq are not binding until published in the Gazette. Once it is published, which would make it legal, everyone in the world is going to know about it.

Another item is that this law is of interest to the Iraqi citizens as well, as the HCL will also stipulate their annual percentage of oil revenue. Currently this is having to be done through the annual budget, which, as you may remember, caused quite a bit of contention in the last budgetary session.

Are you referring to this article from July 7th?

http://dinarvets.com...d-of-new-deals/

Foreign companies have been doing deals in the Iraqi oil sector for years. The article above is simply a Parliamentary panel 'suggestion' that no more deals be made until the law is passed.

The draft law does not appear to have been put on the schedule for Parliament for discussion/reading of the draft law. I check the Parliamentary site quite often and have not seen this posted, of course it is possible I missed it - but I doubt all others that look at that site have overlooked the exact same thing. Laws in Iraq are not binding until published in the Gazette. Once it is published, which would make it legal, everyone in the world is going to know about it.

Another item is that this law is of interest to the Iraqi citizens as well, as the HCL will also stipulate their annual percentage of oil revenue. Currently this is having to be done through the annual budget, which, as you may remember, caused quite a bit of contention in the last budgetary session.

no im talking today articles. july 7th was o about 7 days ago. There are indicators this is about to be done if not already done but not yet published.

Edited by easyrider

what are u talking about? havent you read the latest articles involving the HCL? they submitted it and it has already been approved IMHO this is close to being DONE or is already passed but hasnt been made public as of yet. What makes me think this is the shell contracts how could they do this without have this law already completed?

EASYRIDER---I AM JUST SITTING BACK WAITING THE HCL LAW IS A BIGGY---BUT LETS NOT GET TO EXCITED YET---THEIRS FOUR PARTS TO THIS HCL LAW AND THE BIGGEST PART IS-----------------------------REVENUE SHARING -------------AND IF PARLIMENT DOES NOT LIKE WHAT THEY HAVE PROPOSED THEY WILL NOT PASS IT.BUT I HAVE ALWAYS SED SINCE I STARTED ON THIS SITE THAT THE HCL LAW PASSES AND CHAPTER7 GOES AWAY THEN THE RV SHOULD BE SHORTLY AFTER THAT-----BUT THEIR MITE BE ONE MORE KINK IN THIS AND I AM NOT SURE IF IT MATTERS BUT THE CENSUS---------------MITE-----------HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT ALSO

no im talking today articles. july 7th was o about 7 days ago. There are indicators this is about to be done if not already done but not yet published.

I've read the article, which I have to admit I had missed, but it still does not mean that they have gotten through all the discussion and multiple readings by the majority of Parliament in a single day. This law will most likely be held up in Parliament for quite some time. They have been arguing about this law for years, and to think that it is all of the sudden fly through Parliament is a little too optimistic IMO. But, we'll see.

I've read the article, which I have to admit I had missed, but it still does not mean that they have gotten through all the discussion and multiple readings by the majority of Parliament in a single day. This law will most likely be held up in Parliament for quite some time. They have been arguing about this law for years, and to think that it is all of the sudden fly through Parliament is a little too optimistic IMO. But, we'll see.

VERY GOOD REPLY---REMENBER 4 PARTS TO THIS HCL LAW AND THEY HAVE TO AGREE TO THEM ALL----REVENUE SHARING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT---AND YOUR RIGHT PARLIMENT WILL MAKE SURE IT IS ALL IN ORDER-----NO QUICKY

does anyone know if the HCL law was passed yet, and if not , when do they vote on it? I appreciate any input on this matter.

It has not passed. They are still working on the amendments to the 4 different draft versions proposed. The most recent amendment was submitted today to the Council of Ministers for their vote. They will then review it themselves and propose yet more amendments...

Once they get the finalized version completed and voted on, they then move on to the revenue-sharing part. That hinges on Article 140 which is now stalled and not likely to get resolved any time soon. Article 140 has to be settled before they can perform a census. The census has to be completed before they can enter into the revenue-sharing....

...the leg bone is connected to the hip bone..... the hip bone is connected to the.....

;):lol:

Edited by BlueOrchid919
  • Upvote 1