Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BANK STORIES

11 Bravo

Well I got called off work today and decided to go talk to some banks.

Why I have no idea.

I first stopped at Wells Fargo.

I asked for some new account info, and was talking with the bank manager.

I mentioned moving some of my account to his bank, as well as possably needing to exchange some currency.

When I mentioned the Dinar I own, he stated that they do not deal with the Dinar.

I did not get a wink. No please come back in a few days. No invite into a back room. NOTHING.

He did check the rate for me as a courtesy and it was 1155/1.

Next I weant to BOA

I spoke with a customer service rep. He had no idea about the dinar.

He did not even know how to find the rate, because he does not sell.

He actually checked for a rate on Google. LOL

I am a pretty good judge of character, and I do not feel that he was playing dumb. I feell he

was truely lost.

Does this sound like personel that have been being trained for this big RV.

Time to wke up people

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Well here is one from an email that I sent to Wells Fargo today. This was my third time trying to contact my local branch and the first response that I have been given

Mr. Brokaw,

Hi, my name is Jared Siddall, branch manager of the 30th St Wells Fargo. I’m e-mailing you back in regards to your inquiries on the Iraqi Dinar. Currently we do not accept the Dinar in our banking locations. As of right now I’m unable to speculate whether or not that will change in the near future. If you have any questions please feel free to call or e-mail me. Have a great Day.

Notice how he says that he is unable to speculate at this time whether or not that will change in the near future.

• Upvote 2

Wait a minute...are you telling me guys like Okie, Poppy 2, and every other proclaimed guru's with date and rate are wrong? Come on man wake-up, these guys are tied- :P in a the highest of high levels. Riddle me this...why in the world would they make this stuff up? I would love to continue, but I am heading over to the BHP site to buy another 10mm.... :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Well here is one from an email that I sent to Wells Fargo today. This was my third time trying to contact my local branch and the first response that I have been given

Mr. Brokaw,

Hi, my name is Jared Siddall, branch manager of the 30th St Wells Fargo. I’m e-mailing you back in regards to your inquiries on the Iraqi Dinar. Currently we do not accept the Dinar in our banking locations. As of right now I’m unable to speculate whether or not that will change in the near future. If you have any questions please feel free to call or e-mail me. Have a great Day.

Notice how he says that he is unable to speculate at this time whether or not that will change in the near future.

lol he adds that probably because he has had 20 or so emails in regards to this before, he knows what people want to hear and are inquiring about.

BANKS DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING

It is fun to speculate but at the end of the day nothing is gained.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I do believe we are close but I don't think it's even remotely possible that banks throughout our country have any idea about whats happening with the dinar. Some of them may be investors and speculate like us but they have no inside info, IMO. We are just way too gossipy for that kind of thing to be passed around and expect to be kept quiet. They will find out when we do more than likely.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+1 for your rumor...

Not a rumor

Left off his info. in previous post along with my email to him

Nicole,

I sent you an email a while back and did not get a response, so thought I would try again. Maybe this isn’t a question that you can answer and if not, could you please forward it along to the proper department. Thanks

I was curious if Wells Fargo will be exchanging the Iraqi Dinar if it does in fact become a nationally recognized currency and is open for exchange. I realize that there are several rumors going around about it, however it is in fact the legal currency of Iraq as of now. It’s value is obviously not up to par, but in the event of a revaluation of the Dinar, that could change considerably. Lots of If’s and maybe’s here, but I do hold a lot of dinar and so in the event something positive should come of it, I would like to have my priorities in order and am looking for a bank that is willing to work with me. Again this is in the event there would ever be a revaluation of a currency that is not yet recognized nationally. Thanks for your input and assistance with this matter.

Mr. Brokaw,

Jared Siddall

Branch Manager

Wells Fargo Bank

30th St. & Downtown Rock Island

309-793-9325

Edited by hoopdog

Why I have no idea.

I mentioned moving some of my account to his bank, as well as possably needing to exchange some currency.

When I mentioned the Dinar I own, he stated that they do not deal with the Dinar.

I did not get a wink. No please come back in a few days. No invite into a back room. NOTHING.

Next I weant to BOA

I am a pretty good judge of character, and I do not feel that he was playing dumb. I feell he

was truely lost.

Time to wke up people

First off, thanks for the post!

What everyone needs to realize is the bank branches will know when we know and NOT before. Why? Because the bank personnel would be investing it the Dinar themselves and they would have mass exodus. Not to mention if Banks notified their branch personnel ahead of the public this would have crossed ethic boundries and could result in litigation. This is the real world here. I of all people want this RV to happen ASAP, but remember we are on Iraqs timeline not ours. Be patient and hang in there, it is coming.

GR

• Upvote 2

lol he adds that probably because he has had 20 or so emails in regards to this before, he knows what people want to hear and are inquiring about.

BANKS DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING

It is fun to speculate but at the end of the day nothing is gained.

Possibly, that certainly is one way to look at it.

First off, thanks for the post!

What everyone needs to realize is the bank branches will know when we know and NOT before. Why? Because the bank personnel would be investing it the Dinar themselves and they would have mass exodus. Not to mention if Banks notified their branch personnel ahead of the public this would have crossed ethic boundries and could result in litigation. This is the real world here. I of all people want this RV to happen ASAP, but remember we are on Iraqs timeline not ours. Be patient and hang in there, it is coming.

GR

So you don't believe that anyone that works in a bank is invested in the Dinar? Either the are buying into an RV or they aren't. It's not like because the work at a bank, they can't invest in the IQD. They still can't purchase it at their bank, they have to get it the same way we do, so although I do agree that they won't know before we do, I still believe that some of the larger banks are in the know.

I am so glad everyone listened when it was suggested months ago to quit calling on the banks. They have no inside information so the only thing you are accomplishing is...nothing.

Read the topic to this page....Bank Stories.....get a clue and then come back!

• Upvote 2

I bought my IQD at a 5/3rd many many months ago. Hadn't been in the actual bank in a while but had to go in today at lunch just to do some general account maintenance.

The teller that did the transaction paper work a while back recognized me and offered a big "HELLO" and "how's things going?". After a short few minutes of small talk I asked if she had heard what's happening. Her response was a mere, " all I know is that one day we quit selling it. I haven't heard anything else since".

My thought is, the more the word of the actual RV flows down to the bank, the more knowledge people will have and thus more drama then there already is...

I've been hearing for months that the general office/teller people just don't know much and that's held pretty consistant with conversations I've had some of the few banking folks I know.

Not worried.. Staying hopeful !

I bought my IQD at a 5/3rd many many months ago. Hadn't been in the actual bank in a while but had to go in today at lunch just to do some general account maintenance.

The teller that did the transaction paper work a while back recognized me and offered a big "HELLO" and "how's things going?". After a short few minutes of small talk I asked if she had heard what's happening. Her response was a mere, " all I know is that one day we quit selling it. I haven't heard anything else since".

My thought is, the more the word of the actual RV flows down to the bank, the more knowledge people will have and thus more drama then there already is...

I've been hearing for months that the general office/teller people just don't know much and that's held pretty consistant with conversations I've had some of the few banking folks I know.

Not worried.. Staying hopeful !

My thoughts about front line personel as well.

Oh I perfectly understood and I also don't call banks and waste their time. You would think after 10 bank stories in the past that people would "get a clue" and stop calling banks for information.

So if this was to RV, where would you cash in if not at your local bank?

Did you happen to read my post. I asked them if they would consider dealing with the Dinar in the event of an RV..IF it were to happen. Some banks will deal with any form of foreign currency and some banks will not. So what was wrong with me asking the question to my bank and wanting to know if I need to look for another bank that may exchange it, IF it were to ever RV?

Some banks offer free checking and some don't...is it wasting their time asking that question?

Edited by hoopdog

BOA or Chase in Chicago ill. If my local branches were not with the program.

That's what we were thinking as well. Nice little 3 hour drive for me.

Why I have no idea.

Next I weant to BOA

was truely lost.

Time to wke up people

yes it truly is time to wake up, although I realize that banks can not offer up much of anything, I also know that you have to deal with the foreign exchange department and not a customer service rep. They do not keep foreign currency at every local bank!!

That's what we were thinking as well. Nice little 3 hour drive for me.

yes it truly is time to wake up, although I realize that banks can not offer up much of anything, I also know that you have to deal with the foreign exchange department and not a customer service rep. They do not keep foreign currency at every local bank!!

To add to that, it will be all electronic conversions too. Wait for it to clear etc.