Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

2 day holiday in Iraq and banks closed till 30th!!!

TaTorGun

Your cracking me the hell up man.... They Caalll,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Me" Tator Salad"........

Lol. Ur quoting Ron White, who did the Blue Collar Comedy Tour with Jeff Foxworthy and OKIE The Cable Guy !

Best regards,

Mohammad K. Issa

One of These Days Alice, One of These Days.

Bam Zoom, Right in the K.Issa ! :D

Thx for the post TaTorGun

• Upvote 1

This is the holiday it sounds like our EASTER!!!!! {ASCENSION OF MUHAMMAD} MUHAMMAD was taken to Heaven by his horse Bouraq.This event took place from the rock of the protected by the Omar The Dome of the Rock AL QUDS In Palestine . Don't this sound like more than a bank holiday??? Why don't some of the smarter people help us out ,I'm just a newbie that shoots a tatorgun what do I KNOW???

You Are Correct.

Edited by Hashim1968

Well if you ever get the chance to work in the ME you will find that on a holiday they dont do S#!t

and your lucky if they show up after

So I've heard....but things aren't always so black and white now are they?? If they were, you'd be counting your millions already....

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know if this is true?????? my 1st post . National holiday in Iraq where our bank will be closed

June 27th, 2011 07:15 pm · Posted in NEWS (Iraq & World Currency)

Dear Warka Clients,

Please note that Tuesday June 28th 2011 and Wednesday June 29th 2011 is a National holiday in Iraq where our bank will be closed opening its doors for business Thursday June 30th 2011 best serving our fine clients.

Best regards,

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

http://theiraqidinar...will-be-closed/

Unknown yet but what is funny is that the super reserved Saudi Arabia and Kuwait are both open for business. This smells like RV time to me. GLTA

didn't Shabs say that it would take the banks would need to be closed for 3 days to handle the rv? It'll be interesting to see if we have auctions in the morning.

I heard that Iraqi bank need to be closed 48 h before RV; but if bank are closed 28. and 29. ( Tue. and Wed,) and work at 30. ( Thu.) , then 01. an 02. July ( Fri. and Sat) are not working day in Iraq ( like Sat. and Sun in many parts of the World ) then something will be happened. Is RV in air ???

Hi ya'll with all the people talking RV TONIGHT how can they when this is a holiday kinda like our Easter I think ??? I'd hope someone would pin this til some of our Divar Vets could give us some expert replies!!!!! I'm just a newbie that is trying to help the cause!!!!

This could be a new holiday. Today the 28th is the 7th year of Iraqs democracy. 7th year of new government. Good time for a RV!

Iraqi's/Muslims tie their notable events more to astronomic events than specific calendar days. ( I think) Ramadan never falls on the same day year after year. And note please the Three Wise Men (who were Persian) followed the Star to Bethlehem (the star was actually a conversion of three heavenly bodies-Jupiter and two others). Anyway I already sound like I don't know what I'm talking about so I'll shut up.

didn't Shabs say that it would take the banks would need to be closed for 3 days to handle the rv? It'll be interesting to see if we have auctions in the morning.

Yes, he said either 2 or 3 days, im not sure which. I hope its 2.

Just some background info on this holiday that everyone is talking about.

Info on the date: http://www.holidays.net/calendars/religions/dates-islam.htm - which confirms it as the 28th. It is observed on the 27th day of Rajab, the seventh month in the Islamic calendar. The Islamic calendar is lunar and the days begin at sunset, so there may be one-day error depending on when the New Moon is first seen. Islamic holidays begin at sundown the day before the date specified for the holiday.

The holiday is called "Isra and Mi'raj" or "The Night Journey". Isra and Mi’raj is a two-fold event that commemorates the Prophet Muhammad’s journey from Mecca to Jerusalem and his ascent into heaven, according to Islamic belief. One night during the 10th year of Muhammad’s prophecy, the angel Gabriel woke him and traveled with him to Jerusalem. Muhammad prayed at the site of the Temple of Solomon with the prophets Abraham, Moses, Jesus and others.

The Prophet Muhammad then rides to heaven upon the mythological steed Buraq, the traditional heavenly steed of the prophets.from the rock of the temple mount, where many people believe that the Dome of the Rock sanctuary now stands. Allah instructed Muhammad about the five daily prayers that all Muslims must observe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isra_and_Mi'raj

As for the public holidays - which includes both national holidays and bank holidays (they are 2 seperate things)... take a look here. http://www.netogram.com/publicholidays2011/iraq.htm

I spent a year there, 2004-05, and being a bit of a history buff tried to learn as much as possible about Islam and their traditions form some firsthand sources - our interpreters. Just passing on some info.

Hope this clears some things up in the fact department.

I think people should also take something into consideration.

Arabs, middle easterners are pretty durn lazy. Serving in the Army for 6 years in Iraq/Afghanistan, working there for the past 2 years as a contractor.

if they dont have to work, they wont.

Amen to that. I took to calling Iraq "The land of 'Close enough.' " They usually take the day off before the holiday starts (since it starts that night) to prepare for it and of course the holiday itself.

Amen to that. I took to calling Iraq "The land of 'Close enough.' " They usually take the day off before the holiday starts (since it starts that night) to prepare for it and of course the holiday itself.

LOL And a day or two AFTER!

Sometimes they will be like "Well, so sorry, but, holiday. We take off today!"

"But its monday, holiday isnt till friday"

"Yes yes, so sorry, no problem yes?"

"Umm you havent even started work on this road"

"No problem, after holiday, we come back next wednesday!"

"Uhhh holiday ends sunday..."

"No problem! huh huh huh"

Bah!

Unknown yet but what is funny is that the super reserved Saudi Arabia and Kuwait are both open for business. This smells like RV time to me. GLTA

And it appears Warka has proclaimed their own personal national holiday. Nobody else has it that I can find.

HI everyone, Tonight is one of the big holly night in islam religion, and being from one of the muslim country, we celebrate this holly night, but it has never been a national holiday, and business's and official departments are on as usual in every islamic country as far as I know.

"IT HAS BEEN DESCRIBED AS BOTH PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL JOURNEY"

Here is the wikipedia explanation:

The Isra and Mi'raj (Arabic: الإسراء والمعراج‎, al-’Isrā’ wal-Mi‘rāğ), are the two parts of a Night Journey that, according to Islamic tradition, the Islamic prophet Muhammad took during a single night around the year 621. It has been described as both a physical and spiritual journey.[1]

In the journey, Muhammad travels on the steed Buraq to "the farthest mosque" where he leads other prophets in prayer. He then ascends to heaven where he speaks to God, who gives Muhammad instructions to take back to the faithful on Earth about the number of times to offer prayers each day.

According to traditions, the Journey is associated with the Lailat al Miraj, as one of the most significant events in the Islamic calendar.[3]

The Lailat al Miraj (Arabic: لیلة المعراج‎, Lailätu 'l-Mi‘rāğ), also known as Shab-e-Miraj (Persian: شب معراج, Šab-e Mi'râj) in Iran, Pakistan, India and Bangladesh, and Miraç Kandili in Turkish, is the Muslim festival celebrating the Isra and Mi'raj. Some Muslims celebrate this event by offering optional prayers during this night, and in some Muslim countries, by illuminating cities with electric lights and candles. The celebrations around this day tend to focus on children and the young. Children are gathered into a mosque and are told the story of the Isra and Mi'raj. The story focuses on how Muhammad's heart was purified by an archangel (Gabriel) who filled him with knowledge and faith in preparation to enter the seven levels of heaven. After prayer (Salah, where the children can pray with the adults if they wish) food and treats are served.[3][11][12] Esoteric interpretations of Islam emphasise the spiritual significance of Mi'raj, seeing it as a symbol of the soul's journey and the potential of humans to rise above the comforts of material life through prayer, piety and discipline

LOL And a day or two AFTER!

Sometimes they will be like "Well, so sorry, but, holiday. We take off today!"

"But its monday, holiday isnt till friday"

"Yes yes, so sorry, no problem yes?"

"Umm you havent even started work on this road"

"No problem, after holiday, we come back next wednesday!"

"Uhhh holiday ends sunday..."

"No problem! huh huh huh"

Bah!

"Mistah - very good - Holiday tomorrow so we no work today, OK?"

"What holiday?"

Mistah - Holy day - Prophet (insert explanation here). Starts sundown down tomorrow so get ready tomorrow. No work tomorrow ok?"

"OK - So back on Thursday?"

"No Mistah - 2 day holiday so gone 3-4 days. Very good Mistah."

Yeah...totally understand that - Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, gave it to the kids, they ruined and now its a dog blanket...