Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Has the "Lop" article been verified?

flack

I have searched the internet looking for other articles that back up the infamous lop article but haven't been able to find any. Has anyone found a reliable news source that corroborates the lopping story?

It seems that a story this big would be covered by other reliable news sources such as NYTimes. The lopping story does sound fesible however, where's the backup? Before we throw in the towel and cry uncle, let's investigate the source.

IMO the article doesn't sound legit. It obviously wasn't translated. Why? because it was originally written in english. That tells me it didn't come from an Iraq source. No other articles to back it up. They wouldn't brodcast it before it happened.

Not to mention...It wouldn't make a difference! Unless, they print a new currency in smaller denomination and RV "JUST" the new currency and at the same time they LOP the old new currency three zeros. Why? Because if they don't RV the new currency I could just go out and buy up a million worth of the new stuff and wait for IT to RV.

I'm not 100% certain but.....I don't think they can reprint again, LOP and RV all at the same time. That's just stupid!

I have searched the internet looking for other articles that back up the infamous lop article but haven't been able to find any. Has anyone found a reliable news source that corroborates the lopping story?

It seems that a story this big would be covered by other reliable news sources such as NYTimes. The lopping story does sound fesible however, where's the backup? Before we throw in the towel and cry uncle, let's investigate the source.

Well, if it matters, I did send an email with the redenomination story to that AnswarIraq [sp?] Website asking if they could verify the information. And if so, why they were not reporting it. I sent that email @ 5am this morning and have yet to receive a response. I will let you guys know if I do.

This seems to be the same article. If it were being reported by reliable sources, there would be more than one accounting of what is being said. Not saying it is a bogus article, just saying there would be more than one article talking about it. JMO

Ill ask around. Im in Iraq, so ill ask them if they know anything (ill probably get 10 different answers)

lil' help here for a newbie: what does LOP stand for?

When someone calls you a lop it means you are a stupid person but when you lop 3 zeros off from the Iraqi Dinar (IQD or NID) it means you would say, 25,000 IQD subtract 3 zeros = 25 IQD and 10,000 IQD subtract 3 zeros = 10 IQD. Anyway, do not worry about lopping IQD anymore because Iraq has another plan to ensure that all banknotes with higher denominations might be obsolete by the end of this year 2010 and there is a sufficient time frame for us to exchange them all into lower denominations. This plan is to get all the IQD into lower denominations are actually meant to make life easy for all buyers and sellers within Iraq and it has nothing to do with dinar holders like us. The revaluation (an RV) is possibly soon, if not sooner. Now, do you understand? As you log into this blog site everyday, you would soon understand more.

www.internetslang.com

When someone calls you a lop it means you are a stupid person but when you lop 3 zeros off from the Iraqi Dinar (IQD or NID) it means you would say, 25,000 IQD subtract 3 zeros = 25 IQD and 10,000 IQD subtract 3 zeros = 10 IQD. Anyway, do not worry about lopping IQD anymore because Iraq has another plan to ensure that all banknotes with higher denominations might be obsolete by the end of this year 2010 and there is a sufficient time frame for us to exchange them all into lower denominations. This plan is to get all the IQD into lower denominations are actually meant to make life easy for all buyers and sellers within Iraq and it has nothing to do with dinar holders like us. The revaluation (an RV) is possibly soon, if not sooner. Now, do you understand? As you log into this blog site everyday, you would soon understand more.

Once the lower denominations like 1 and 5 IQD might be introduced, they would have to revalue soon so that shoppers wouldn't have to use sling bags to carry tons of hard cash instead of a wallet or a purse to carry enough hard cash lightly to buy things. If the IQD is not revalued, cashier counters would have no spaces to store tons of hard cash and so do many thousands of bus drivers, taxi drivers, tellers in a bank and so on.

www.internetslang.com

Once the lower denominations like 1 and 5 IQD might be introduced, they would have to revalue soon so that shoppers wouldn't have to use sling bags to carry tons of hard cash instead of a wallet or a purse to carry enough hard cash lightly to buy things. If the IQD is not revalued, cashier counters would have no spaces to store tons of hard cash and so do many thousands of bus drivers, taxi drivers, tellers in a bank and so on.

www.internetslang.com

That is why I believe the RV or RI is going to happen BEFORE they issue new currency. Raise the value, then release what they raised so everybody understands what they have and how much it is worth.