Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

PleasantvalleySunday do you know what that caca means, it is spanish for sh*t, that is not a joke. It is inappropriate.

Mmmmmm... that's true... Anyway, I'm here for info, in-between the lines info, and a little hope and some entertainment... I think we all want this thing done... but until then, good debate, others opinions and where our investment is heading is interesting. It's like people watching at the airport! :lol:

I guess you are also a part of the majority and fail to see his attack on democrats, hence dem caca roaches! I am also sick of the lack of fairness . I am a paid member. Apparently what you see as a joke I don't. I have thick skin but this was not a situation that called for his-her emarks.

Please reread the initial post, then show everyone that you are here to make this a positive environment. Any good dinar news to share today? I heard some interesting intel that maybe Sadr was intent on helping solve the Maliki-Allawi impass. Did you here that?

Please reread the initial post, then show everyone that you are here to make this a positive environment. Any good dinar news to share today? I heard some interesting intel that maybe Sadr was intent on helping solve the Maliki-Allawi impass. Did you here that?

For your information if I was not here to read about iqd I wouldn't have recently renewed my VIP membership.I seriously don't feel the need to defend myself to you as it is obvious some people dont play by the same rules. Too bad you failed to call him out and saw it as funny. Your the mod. :mellow:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

PleasantvalleySunday do you know what that caca means, it is spanish for sh*t, that is not a joke. It is inappropriate.

Isn't appropriate according to you. This is also part of the problem PVS. Its hard for a lot of people including myself to tip toe through the sight constantly wary of saying the wrong thing that another would seem inappropriate. I mean we are adults here right. I mean caca come on. Everybody hands out these negs like candy at Halloween. I am here to stay on top my investment But yes I like to have a little fun along the way. Not at someones elses expense mind you but hey sometimes when a newbie comes up with a really dumb remark it`s OK to rag him a little. I certainly payed my dues when I was new here. I mean its not cool to be vicious about it but come on lighten up. This thing is obviously nearing a end. have some fun along the way.

• Upvote 3

3 -'s???? what the heck!? good grief is all I have to say .... and yes DaveH you're stuck in this now there's no way out you have been chosen ......

lmbo!!!

what are you talkin about --- he was KIDDING --- do you and others understand the concept?????

good grief!!

Thanks PVS! I was referring to the original post. If she's talkin' about the caca-roaches comment. Other than that, I'm stumped too.

Upgradable said:

Look inside and decide what you want DV to be, and by your own actions, make it that place! When enough of us take this approach, the cockroaches will have nothing left to feed on and will move on down the road. Whatcha say??

OH, PAALEEEZE! I was using slang as in "them cocka roaches". Like maybe someone from Jersey would pronounce it. Quit looking for stuff to gripe about. I can't help the way you think.

I BURY THOSE COCKAROACHES!!!

Maybe I should have spelled it this way, so the kids don't get upset.

Edited by DinarMillionaire
  • Upvote 1

Thanks PVS! I was referring to the original post. If she's talkin' about the caca-roaches comment. Other than that, I'm stumped too.

Upgradable said:

Look inside and decide what you want DV to be, and by your own actions, make it that place! When enough of us take this approach, the cockroaches will have nothing left to feed on and will move on down the road. Whatcha say??

OH, PAALEEEZE! I was using slang as in "them cocka roaches". Like maybe someone from Jersey would pronounce it. Quit looking for stuff to gripe about. I can't help the way you think.

Maybe I should have spelled it this way, so the kids don't get upset.

:lol:

For your information if I was not here to read about iqd I wouldn't have recently renewed my VIP membership.I seriously don't feel the need to defend myself to you as it is obvious some people dont play by the same rules. Too bad you failed to call him out and saw it as funny. Your the mod. :mellow:

Get over yourself.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

You can keep you love for the birds and the bees, I want

MONEY, DOUGH, MOOLAGH, BUCKS, GREENBACKS, CASH

UK/USA-> Money

Albanian -> paraja

Arabic -> مال

Bengali -> অর্থ

Bulgarian -> пари

Czech -> peníze

Mandarin Chinese -> 貨幣

French -> la monnaie / l'argent

German -> Geld

Greek -> χρήμα

Dutch -> geld

Danish -> penge

Swedish -> pengar

Norwegian -> penger

Finnish -> raha

Estonian -> raha

Lithuanian -> pinigai

Latvian -> nauda

Polish -> pieniądz

Icelandic -> peningar

Italian -> denaro

Macedonian -> пари

Hungarian -> pénz

Croatian -> novac

Hebrew -> כסף

Portuguese -> dinheiro

Romanian -> bani

Serbian -> новац

Slovak -> peniaze

Slovenian -> denar

Farsi -> پول

Mongolian -> мөнгө

Korean -> 돈

Georgian -> ფული

Hindi -> पैसा

Japanese -> 貨幣

Kazakh -> ақша

Russian -> деньги

Vietnamese -> tiền

Turkish -> para

Tamil -> பணம்

Thai -> เงินตรา

Tagalog -> salapi

Denominations of Money:

Slang term Amount

bob shilling [A bob was a money collection where participants put in a shilling each, usually for drinks. The expression then arose "to get your two bob's worth" which meant something was very good value, Aussies being fond of the occasional ale. - this possible explanation is courtesy of Dracos]

grand £1000

monkey £500

pony £25

tanner sixpence. Nick Arrow offers the following: from India - a rupee was about equal to a shilling, and was divided into sixteen annas. so half a rupee was "eight anna" - say it fast. or in Hindi, it's "aat anna". makes you jump when you hear it in India!

tenner £10 [Also known as a Paul McKenna (famous hypnotist). Thanks to Richard Hall]

tilbury sixpence

score £20 (Rhyming slang reference is apple core - see rhyming slang pages)

Oxford 5 shillings or a crown [derived from Oxford Scholar which rhymes with dollar which, pre-war, was just under 5 shillings - thanks to Jim Williams. Also known as Coachwheel]

'alf an Oxford 2 shillings & 6 pence or half a crown [Thanks to Jim Williams)

Nicker or Quid £1 [Thanks to Jim Williams. Also, the rhyming slang Bin Lid is used for quid - Thanks to Richard Hall]

Readies (Nelson Eddy's) Pound note [Thanks to Julia Jones - Colin Craig adds the following: Actually I believe "reddies" refers to £50 notes which are of course red. This term can be used to describe any amount of money. And Mark adds: A traditional term for cash is "ready money" a term still used on Smithfield market. I would suggest that this is where the term "reddies" comes from. Frank Wales advises that the term Nelsons refers to money generally, so a lot of nelsons is a lot of money]

Ton £100

Century £100 [John knows the expression C-Note, which he believes is American ]

Skin Diver (or Deep Sea Diver or Sky Diver or Scuba Diver or Pam Shriver) fiver [Lend us a deep sea 'til payday. Thanks to Peter Barnes and Paul Liney and Simon Rowan and Dean]

Sprarsy Anna Tanner (sixpence) [Lend us a sprarsy. Thanks to Mike Smith... he wonders if Sprarsy might have something to do with the old Indian coin called an "anna". If you have any more info please let me know]

Bullseye £50 [Thanks to Jez Stacey]

Wicker Basket £15. Neal says he's not sure of the origin although it has been suggested that it has something to do with flower sellers and Jack the Ripper (?). [Thanks to Neal Gordon]

Lady Godiva £5 (fiver). [usage - 'ere, can you spare a lady?" Thanks to Jon Lord]

Ayrton Senna £10 (tenner). Also known as Louise Wener. See the rhyming slang tables. [Thanks to Jon Lord. Tom Good reports that he's also heard the phrase "Dead Brazilian" used, as in "I pulled a dead Brazilian out of me sky rocket"]

Plenty £20 [Reported to be not widely used. Thanks to Jon Lord]

Thrifty £50 [Reported to be not widely used. Thanks to Jon Lord]

One-er £100 [Pronounced "wunner". Thanks to Loz Grey]

Mother Hen £10 [Thanks to Loz Grey]

Archer £2000 [based on the (alleged) amount Lord Jeffery Archer handed a prostitute, can't remember why but there was (again, allegedly) something dodgy about it. Thanks to Alan S. Greer]

Nugget £1 [Apparently because it's golden coloured. Thanks to Oliver Campion. Also known as Canary or Yellow-Boy. Shane Greyvenstein correctly points out that a yellow-boy, which is slang for guinea, is actually worth one pound, one shilling. I should note that when the guinea was originally struck in 1663 it was actually worth one pound - it wasn't until 1717 that the value was raised.]

Plum £100,000

Squid Quid [Jon Simmons reports this is commonly used in Reading]

Cock and Hen £10 [Thanks to Philip Hart and Bill Medhurst. Gareth adds that cockle is commonly used, as in "lend us a cockle".]

Wedge Comes from when coins could be split into quarters so exact weights could be measured. The shape of these sections was a wedge. [Thanks to Philip Hart]

Bottle £2 or £200 [Thanks to Bill Medhurst. Kris Johnson says this is from 'bottle of glue' -> two]

Carpet £3 or £300 [Thanks to Bill Medhurst. Kris Johnson says that prisoners used to get a square of carpet after being locked up for three years]

Rofe £4 or £400 (supposedly four backwards) [Thanks to Bill Medhurst]

Jacks Alive £5 [Thanks to Bill Medhurst]

Tom Mix £6 [Thanks to Bill Medhurst]

Nevis £7 (Seven backwards) [Thanks to Bill Medhurst]

Poorly Fish Six quid (sick squid) [Thanks to Kevin Lowther - sounds like more of a bad pun than slang but ... Tom reports that the reference he knows is "dead octopus" as in "I've only been here 5 minutes and I've done a dead octopus". And Darryl Clark reports the expression "dodgy octopus" is also used.]

Pavarotti (tenor) Tenner - £10 [Thanks to Dave Reynolds. Also referred to as a Lucy, according to Tom Harris]

Rocket £5 - from the picture of George Stevenson's rocket on the five pound note - thanks to Chris Kenny

Commodore £15 - how odd... Benjamin Preston says that this one derives from the fact that the Commodores sang "Three Times a Lady" (Lady Godiva - fiver)

Nifty £50 [Nifty - Fifty. Thanks toTim Le Maire]

Bag of Sand £1000 (grand) [Thanks to Keith Cole]

Bernie £1,000,000 [Refers to Bernie Ecclestone of Formula One fame who donated one million pounds to the Labour election campaign - thanks to Vidar Thomas Endresen]

Jackson £5 [From the Jackson Five - thanks to Steve Hicks]

Long 'un £100 [Thanks to Dean Willingham]

Bag (of sand) £1000 [bag of Sand -> Grand. Thanks to Dean Willingham]

Dirty £30 [Thanks to Stuart McHugh]

Ching £5 [From the Spanish cinco perhaps. Thanks to Simon Mahon]

Maggie One pound coin - As in Maggie Thatcher (under whose premiership they were introduced, I believe), because "They're brassy and think they're a sovereign." [Thanks to Justyn Olby]

McGiver £5 [From the popular TV series - thanks to Ben Dellow]

Melvin £5 [From Howard Melvin and the Bluenotes - thanks to Rob Neal]

Browny £10 [Thanks to Kieren]

Edge Pence 20p [From the shape of the coin - thanks to Kieren]

McGarret £50 [From the Hawaii-50 television series. Thanks to Simon Mahon. Justin Soloman says the expression 'Jack Lord' is also used.]

Bar £1,000,000 [Thanks to Laurence Coley who says it's commonly used in the money markets and thinks the origin might have originated with the value of a bar of gold - uncertain. Ben Morton offers: I suggest it's because there's a bar on top of the "M" in its roman numeral equivalent. William Foot believes it should be £10,000,000.00. If anyone can clarify this I'd appreciate it.]

Alan £1 [From Alan Wicker - Thanks to Lee Newman]

Spanner 50p [source might be due to the shape of the 50p - Thanks to Lee Newman. Chris offers the following "supporting evidence": Why does a fifty pence piece have flat sides? So you can use a spanner to get 'em out of a Scotsman's/ Aberdonian's/Yorkshireman's hand.]

Bobby Moore Score (i.e. £20) [Thanks to Paul Island]

Beer Token £2 coin [Andy M says that when they first appeared, a bear cost about £2]

Hampden Roar (Score) £20 [Thanks to Gary Robertson]

Cenny (century) £100 [Thanks to Gary Robertson]

Elsie Sixpence [from Coronation Streets Elsie Tanner - thanks to Carol]

Flag £5 [Thanks to Sparky James and Brian Spencer - Brian notes that £5 notes were at one time very large - this might explain the reference]

Garden Gate £8 [Thanks to Ian Crossley]

Taxi Driver Fiver - £5 {Thanks to David]

Joey Please look on the Questions page (link at the top of this page).

Shrapnel Refers to loose change [Thanks to Bruce Richardson]

Sheets General term for paper money [Thanks to Pete Orme]

Yard £1,000,000,000. [Thanks to George McLean who explains that each '000' is a foot, three feet equal one yard. Similarly, it could be a yard of yen or any other currency. Richard Stanton points out that yard is probably short for milliard, meaning 1 billion]

Dosh Any sort of money [Thanks to Lisl]

Double Nugget £2 coin [Thanks to Richard Sisson]

Bluey £5 [because of the bills colour. Thanks to Stuart Bassett]

Charred £5 [He says that the ink on the notes often get burnt during manufacture. Thanks to Stuart Bassett]

Bertie £30 [Thanks to Stuart Bassett. Gerry Gavigan says this comes from the musical hall song "Burlington Bertie" (a tramp living in Burlington arcade in Knightsbridge) I'm Burlington Bertie I rise at ten thirty"]

Huckleberry Hound £1 [Thanks to Willie Mackay]

Bender Sixpence. I believe it got its name because real ones had a certain silver content and bending them was a way of proving this. It also led to the phrase 'going on a bender' which was a good night out drinking a whole sixpence worth! [Thanks to Peter Gazeley]

Grubby Hand £1,000 (grand) [Thanks to Jim Knight whose granddad says this expression was used in East London from Victorian times to the 1940's or 1950's.

Drinking Voucher Any denomination, the value determined by the colour - a "blue drinking voucher" would be £5 [Thanks to Nick]

Purple £20 [Thanks to Paul Brister]

Bucket of Sand £1,000 (grand) [Thanks to Andrew Tough]

Spot Each pound of a group - a ten spot would be £10, a twenty spot would be £20. [Thanks to John Lines who says this is commonly used - the spot indicates the decimal point]

Jake £5 [Thanks to Talktoi]

In the Green £25 [outer circle of the bull's eye - thanks to John Campbelton]

Heptagonal Bad Boy Another name for a twenty pence piece, used in pubs and bars for things like pool table and table football, though less so now since they usually are more expensive [Thanks to Daniel Dockery]

Spit Roast £25 [Thanks to Will who confusingly notes "because its two ayrtons and a lady"]

Stretch Tenner = 1stretch, 20 = 2 stretch, 50 = 5 stretch, etc. [Thanks to John who heard this on Commercial Road - the reference here is to prison terms]

Edge Pences 50p [Thanks to Paul Madgwick]

Half a Bar 50p [Thanks to Sig]

Sov or Sov's £1 [short for sovereigns - Thanks to Ray Norgate]

Henry £10 [Russ says a tenner is called a Henry because of the picture on it and that an eighth of marijuana is called a henry because it costs a tenner. Matt completely disagrees with Russ - an eighth of marijuana is called a henry after Henry VIII, not because of the cost.]

Desmond £4 [Desmond Tutu (2 2) - thanks to Jeremy Adam]

String of Ponies Half a monkey (£250) - thanks to Wik

Emperor Ming Money in general [Rhymes with ka-ching (sound of a cash register). Thanks to Michelle Chiles]

Dartboard £2 coin [because of the concentric circles in its design = Thanks to Rob Jones]

Super Nugget £2 [Origin unknown - Thanks to Martin Tilley]

Maggie £1 coin [From the eighties, of the then new gold-coloured one-pound coin, because, it was said, 'it's brassy, two-faced and thinks it's a sovereign' (the then Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher, had a noticeable tendency to mimic some of the more regal characteristics of Her Majesty). Ivor Randle confirms: "As I recall, for a short while the then new pound coin was called a "Maggie" after Prime Minister of the time Margaret Thatcher, because it is "small and brassy, and thinks it's a sovereign"."]

Money that folds In general, all paper money. [Thanks to Tom Mathias]

Joes Thrupenny bit (3p) [Thanks to Toad]

Round Money Generally, coins [Thanks to Edward Williams]

Ten Bob Bit The new 50p coin [Thanks to Steve Bonnage]

Gorilla (Grilla) £1000 [According to Russell Holden, it's called this because it's two monkeys]

Brownie I understand that Ten Shillings (50p) - (Ten Bob) was a 'Brownie' because the old ten shilling note was coloured brown [Thanks to Geoff Richards-Bray]

Cherry £1 - In the '60s I was a craps dealer in London gambling clubs. Cockney 'cabbies' would play at our table, and call bets before the dice rolled. One night one of them handed me a 'fiver' with the words:" A 'Cherry' on the line mate!" I asked what he meant, and he quickly explained that he wanted £1.00 out of the fiver on the 'Win Line' 'Cherry' is short for 'Cherry Picker' which rhymes with 'nicker' which = £1.00! [Thanks to Tony Pirkis]

Groat four pence [There's lots of information at http://www.tclayton.demon.co.uk/fourd.html [Thanks to Nigel Lines]

Point £1 billion [Mark says this is used in the B of E and the European money markets - never really come up in my day to day]

Large £1000 [Thanks to Benjamin Rumble]

Rio £1000 [Thanks to Paul Page who says it comes from the Rio Grande River]

Pinky £50 [Thanks to Scott Hobson. If anyone know the origin of this please let me know.]

Tosheroon Half crown [Thanks to Sue Allen who read this in Sidney Day's London Born]

More http://www.aldertons.com/money.htm

I'm here just waiting to get my raise from Adam!

But, seriously could ya'll set it up to where you get just so many negatives your booted? Then we could take care of dem xxxx-roaches.

In accordance with the Terms of Service at DinarVets, please refrain from profanity, in any language. Thank youl

Sorry for the misunderstanding. But, just in case anyone missed it, I speak and write in English. I don't know Spanish. I have explained the misunderstanding in an earlier post. Really, reread my post, does it make any sense when you put the meaning of the Spanish word in place of the word in the sentence that I wrote. It was meant to be a funny pronunciation if you read it the right way and not translate what someone else perceives in their nasty little mind.

No bad feelings at all, DM. Just needed to make that edit to adhere to the TOS. I didn't believe you were cursing at all. Just defusing the situation. xoxox

Edited by Upgradable

Go figure, a mod posts a rally'em up post to get people in the spirit of togetherness and progression away from the madness and negativity, and the kakaroaches crawl out of the woodwork to insult people trying to stick up for others and create a sense of peace. It is human nature to be at war, to constantly find things to berate and belittle each other for... just look at Israel and Palestine, they will forever be at war because of a squabble 4000+ years ago about a patch of land and the birth rite inheritance from their ancestor's Ishmael and Isaac. It's time to give up the good fight, everyone. Smoke some bomb kush and drift away into peaceful acceptance of our Fate as humans.

Wait, where did I just go with that post?

What I'm trying to say is...

Choose how you want to respond in each setting, based on your morals and personal feelings at the time. Don't let others influence you insomuch as you completely disregard your own intellect and feelings. Just think things through, field things as they come your way. And if you should have trouble with something, seek help in someone you trust and admire.

There. I'm done. Peace. Cheers.

Just sayin'...

• Upvote 1

Excuse me? I am a Jersey Chic, now living in Florida.

We say cockroaches, sir! We are NOT uneducated in

New Jersey!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Excuse me? I am a Jersey Chic, now living in Florida.

We say cockroaches, sir! We are NOT uneducated in

New Jersey!

A bit touchy are ya? Excuse me, but I was making a point that it was slang like as in Jersey or Cuba or wherever. I did not mean to disparage anyone from Jersey or anywhere else. If you reread it a little slower, you will see the words, "Like maybe someone from Jersey", because I don't know exactly what dialect I was using in my original post that was meant to be funny, until someone read into it what they wanted because they too were touchy and read it with their mind made up that I was referring to something that I was clearly not. Perhaps you can go back and look at all the post and it should be clearer to you. Have a good evening! :D

• Upvote 1

YOO!! When I read this from UPGRADEABLE I certainly did not think it would go down in flames to CACA land! Gees! People are so :angry::angry:

Ok take a breath hold it for a count of 15 seconds, breath slowly out and repeat until you are at peace with your creator and have a warm and fuzzy good feeling about your fellow man!! :):)

Now take your time and reread upgradable post! THANK-YOU! :D:D:D

There has been a distinct change in atmosphere here at DV over the last three weeks or so. There has been speculation as to why this has occurred, from other sites closing down, to lack of movement on the reval front. Whatever the cause, I have certainly seen two distinct types of posts lately, the IQD investor personally interested in being here to share information and excitement (or even frustration) at the situation in Iraq. The second is the poster who seems to have nothing to contribute to this community, but is strictly engaged in posting drivel and inciting others to confrontation.

Adam has made clear that DV is an open community, and he is not interested in moderating with a heavy hand and feels strongly about giving everyone a chance to benefit from absorbing the info shared here. And I respect the reasoning behind his choice. However, that leaves us, the members of this site, to keep things moving in the direction that we want! Complaining or taking the bait are not constructive!! Ignore or shut down the trolls, quit taking offense at every little slight, that's what they want!! Be the bigger person, continue to converse with those who want what you do and ignore the creatures.

I am here to LEARN and I have, meet new friends and I have, how to preserve my wealth from the coming RV and I have, and create extremly long run on sentences and I have.

Here is to UPGRADABLE :twothumbs::twothumbs::twothumbs: for her efforts.

Edited by Kanga

I get negatives for trying being funny? Maybe it is time to re think things.

:lol: don't stop trying, sweetie....i pay no mind to it...i'll still make a funny, regardless. :D i get negatives for stating a truthful fact....the truth must really hurt.

• Upvote 1

A bit touchy are ya? Excuse me, but I was making a point that it was slang like as in Jersey or Cuba or wherever. I did not mean to disparage anyone from Jersey or anywhere else. If you reread it a little slower, you will see the words, "Like maybe someone from Jersey", because I don't know exactly what dialect I was using in my original post that was meant to be funny, until someone read into it what they wanted because they too were touchy and read it with their mind made up that I was referring to something that I was clearly not. Perhaps you can go back and look at all the post and it should be clearer to you. Have a good evening! :D

Wow! You are getting hit right and left...ohmy.gif I knew exactly what you were saying in all of your posts. Some people just need to grow up, don't let them get to you. Out here in Hawaii people speak something called "Pigeon." Cockaroach pronounced the way you said it would fit right in dry.gif Who went cockaroach da cookies?

• Upvote 1

Wow! You are getting hit right and left...ohmy.gif I knew exactly what you were saying in all of your posts. Some people just need to grow up, don't let them get to you. Out here in Hawaii people speak something called "Pigeon." Cockaroach pronounced the way you said it would fit right in dry.gif Who went cockaroach da cookies?

Nah, I think it's just from the left. :lol: But, they don't bother me. It's not my fault they can't comprehend what they read or that they read with a closed mind and read things into what I say, that clearly aren't there. Notice the one girl thought I was saying something about Democrats for saying "Dem caca-roaches" when properly translated I was saying "them cockroaches" in a dialect like maybe Tony in 'Scarface' would use. Or the guy that said I was using profanity in Spanish for using "caca" which I used for pronunciation. Glad you got it, as I'm sure most did. Thanks! Aloha. :D