Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Allawi calls for Al-Maliki to come of the parliament to discuss the US presence at a public meeting

Allawi calls for Al-Maliki to come of the parliament to discuss the US presence at a public meeting

Ali Abdullah -25/05/2011 ad-8: 51 | readers number: 1

1306345949.jpg

Prime Minister Iyad Allawi's Iraqi list called for Prime Minister nouri Al-Maliki to appear in front of the parliament to all the political forces to the Iraqi forces are ready.

Allawi said in front of (the coordinating body of the Iraqi) today (Wednesday): " That the prime minister to attend an open meeting and in front of the parliament to all political forces in parliament over the readiness of the Iraqi forces and capabilities in the event of the withdrawal of US forces from Iraq in the headquarters by the end of this year

Allawi said: " We don't know the fact the Iraqi forces, therefore, the commander-in-chief of the armed forces, put forward a clear vision in this regard to the political blocs to be the clear political blocs to this matter."

http://www.burathanews.com/news_article_125934.html

• Upvote 2

We are not leaving Iraq I repeat WE ARE NOT LEAVING IRAQ I just meet up with one of my good friends that got home 2 days ago from Iraq. We have 50 yr leases on bases and are not leaving iraq simply turning over control to them more. Name any country we have go to war for or with that we left them and have no presence in. Iraq is a new and permanent staging area and base location for the US.

• Upvote 2

We are not leaving Iraq I repeat WE ARE NOT LEAVING IRAQ I just meet up with one of my good friends that got home 2 days ago from Iraq. We have 50 yr leases on bases and are not leaving iraq simply turning over control to them more. Name any country we have go to war for or with that we left them and have no presence in. Iraq is a new and permanent staging area and base location for the US.

Viet Nam?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We are not leaving Iraq I repeat WE ARE NOT LEAVING IRAQ I just meet up with one of my good friends that got home 2 days ago from Iraq. We have 50 yr leases on bases and are not leaving iraq simply turning over control to them more. Name any country we have go to war for or with that we left them and have no presence in.. Iraq is a new and permanent staging area and base location for the US.

The Philippines. We had a 99 year lease on two bases, in the late 80's they demanded we leave and turn over gov't land to them, so we did. I know, I was there.

Guam. In 1995 they demanded the Navy leave the air station and turn over gov't land to them, so we did. I know, I was there.

Neither Iraq or the US is REQUIRED to honor any base leases. This kind of thing happens more than is publicized.

• Upvote 1

The Philippines. We had a 99 year lease on two bases, in the late 80's they demanded we leave and turn over gov't land to them, so we did. I know, I was there.

Guam. In 1995 they demanded the Navy leave the air station and turn over gov't land to them, so we did. I know, I was there.

Neither Iraq or the US is REQUIRED to honor any base leases. This kind of thing happens more than is publicized.

Amazing because my little brother stopped three times on the USS Ronald Reagan in Guam while he was on deployment, and my moms ex husband was putting up building for the military in Guam...did you forget about, Andersen Air Force Base???? Andersen Air Force Base (AFB) (IATA: UAM, ICAO: PGUA, FAA LID: UAM) is a United States Air Force (USAF) base located approximately 4 miles (6.4 km) northeast of Yigo in the United States territory of Guam. Naval Base Guam is a strategic U.S. naval base located on Apra Harbor, Guam.

Also, Naval Base Guam is home of Commander Naval Forces Marianas, Commander Submarine Squadron Fifteen, Coast Guard Sector Guam and Naval Special Warfare Unit One and supports 28 other tenant commands. It is the home base of three Los Angeles class submarines and of dozens of units operating in support of US Pacific Command, US Pacific Fleet, 7th Fleet and 5th Fleet

Washington won a promise of $100 million in military aid, said the United States has resumed using its former bases in the Philippines for refueling and storage for forces heading to Afghanistan. Granted we did leave Clark air base but we never actually fully left since the allowed the us to keep a refueling and storage (armory) post there.

Seems like we still have a pretty strong hold there and not going anywhere

• Upvote 3