Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Question about Silver

Peace

Hello All,

I have silver bullion and mining stocks, been invested for a few years now. Seen great gains. With this said...if the RV occurs and the dollar stables will we see a drop in silver for a long time or a rise. I'm assuming it would rise because if It RV's I plan on buying a lot of silver and I don't believe i'm the only one. I know it's all speculation but any thoughts, i'm interested in your opinions.

Thanks,

Brandy

GO RV

Hello All,

I have silver bullion and mining stocks, been invested for a few years now. Seen great gains. With this said...if the RV occurs and the dollar stables will we see a drop in silver for a long time or a rise. I'm assuming it would rise because if It RV's I plan on buying a lot of silver and I don't believe i'm the only one. I know it's all speculation but any thoughts, i'm interested in your opinions.

Thanks,

Brandy

GO RV

I think silver is very much under valued and think it will rise as well it is used in manufacturing in circuit boards or something like that and from what i understand China has been buying a lot of it ....GO RV.. B)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

BrandyClark & HHFL,

I completely agree with both of you and I have been buying silver for a very long time.

Even have some that my parents purchased many years ago. I have not seen anything

that would make me change my mind. Enjoy!

GoldenLady

“TeamWork Makes the Dream Work”

I wrote a very LONG responce to this then downloaded spell check, since spelling is not my strong point..... and some how everything has been erased :( since it is late here... this is the point> Dollar goes up metal goes down..... you don't realy loose money thought because your dollar buys more if it is strong.... so prices change but value does not.... i can write much longer but note till tomorrow:)

First of all, IMO, silver will probably always be a roller coaster ride, just like it has been for the last year. But, that being said it certainly seems to move opposite the dollar most of the time. And I think we all expect a short-term boost in the dollar when the results of the RV on the US treasury are understood. So, I think we'll see a short term drop in gold/silver.

But, ultimately, the RV isn't going to change the US addiction to government spending, which will ultimately tank the dollar again, and the fear factor associated with that process will chase investors and speculators back to hard assets, i.e. gold, silver, oil, grains, etc. Add to this the legitimate increase in demand for silver as an industrial metal in developing economies around the planet, and silver should maintain a long-term uptrend for 2 decades. But, BE PREPARED for the roller coaster. Silver investing is not for the faint of heart. Gold will probably be much less volatile, but maybe not as profitable.

JMO! :D:D

Have fun, and God bless!!!

• Upvote 2

Metals will take a small dive after the RV and dollar shows growth.

Buy physical silver and take possession.

The upside for silver growth is a long rise before traditional 16:1 silver to gold ratios are restored.

I have been buying and bartering for silver for the past 30+ years........

• Upvote 1

Metals will take a small dive after the RV and dollar shows growth.

Buy physical silver and take possession.

The upside for silver growth is a long rise before traditional 16:1 silver to gold ratios are restored.

I have been buying and bartering for silver for the past 30+ years........

I sink every spare dime I have in Every kind of Silver I can GET!

90% Coinage

Silver Eagles

Rounds, Bars...Silver Dollars.

This stuff is going to rocket past 75.00 this year at the speed of light.

Our GOI will see to that...............unsure.gif

Buy it now! excl.gifth_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

• Upvote 1

Hello All,

Thanks,

Brandy

GO RV

Brandy, I have been invested in silver for a long time as well. That said, I feel that, in many cases silver is discarded (IE: trashed) where gold never is. If you have a gold ring, it is possible that it dates back to Cleopatra, because it is always reclaimed. Silver is not and appears to be much more scarce than gold right now. Silver is used in electronics, medicine, tooling, and naturally jewlery. You will not lose money and should gain a substantial amount on your investment. I started buying in the 60's (when it was less than a buck) and never looked back.

• Upvote 1

Where to buy...there's typically local firms you can buy through no matter where your location however check their credentials first. Or go through Goldline,Blanchard,Apmex...you can find with a simple online search. Thats how I've done it and I have no complaints. Although there so much more involved in metals and coins...I do hope at minimum this helps you in some way. Peace.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think silver is very much under valued and think it will rise as well it is used in manufacturing in circuit boards or something like that and from what i understand China has been buying a lot of it ....GO RV.. B)

about two weeks ago both Silver and Gold dropped in price. shocking the Gold and Silver Pumpers who said that both would only increase in value as time went by

First of all, IMO, silver will probably always be a roller coaster ride, just like it has been for the last year. But, that being said it certainly seems to move opposite the dollar most of the time. And I think we all expect a short-term boost in the dollar when the results of the RV on the US treasury are understood. So, I think we'll see a short term drop in gold/silver.

But, ultimately, the RV isn't going to change the US addiction to government spending, which will ultimately tank the dollar again, and the fear factor associated with that process will chase investors and speculators back to hard assets, i.e. gold, silver, oil, grains, etc. Add to this the legitimate increase in demand for silver as an industrial metal in developing economies around the planet, and silver should maintain a long-term uptrend for 2 decades. But, BE PREPARED for the roller coaster. Silver investing is not for the faint of heart. Gold will probably be much less volatile, but maybe not as profitable.

JMO! :D:D

Have fun, and God bless!!!

Just two weeks ago both Gold and Silver dropped in value! there went your theory that they would continue to rise in value which leads me to questrion your opinion about what you just stated about the USD. Let me guess... You have a site link that you reccomend that I buy Gold and Silver from, right?

90% Coinage

Silver Eagles

Just two weeks ago both Gold and Silver dropped in value. Which MLM Silver and Gold pumpers said would never happen just to try to convince people to join their MLM.... Sometimes the truth is shocking. Whats going to be said by these soon to fail MLMs next to get people to sign up?

thanks harley, i'm thinking the same thing too :)

about two weeks ago both Silver and Gold dropped in price. shocking the Gold and Silver Pumpers who said that both would only increase in value as time went by

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Just two weeks ago both Gold and Silver dropped in value! there went your theory that they would continue to rise in value which leads me to questrion your opinion about what you just stated about the USD. Let me guess... You have a site link that you reccomend that I buy Gold and Silver from, right?

Just two weeks ago both Gold and Silver dropped in value. Which MLM Silver and Gold pumpers said would never happen just to try to convince people to join their MLM.... Sometimes the truth is shocking. Whats going to be said by these soon to fail MLMs next to get people to sign up?

Everything that goes up must come down eventually but in the case Silver will soar again you just watch.

• Upvote 2

90% Coinage

Silver Eagles

Let me guess ... you have a site that you want to send me to to buy. right?

• Downvote 6

Let me guess ... you have a site that you want to send me to to buy. right?

Silver and Gold never increase in value.

Their buying power is the same as it was in Caesar's lifetime.

The appearance of exponential rise in their price is an indication of loss of buying power created by inflation.

Of course, we don't have any of that, right?

Their stable value is why they are used as a store of wealth.

Whenever the price goes down, it is due to an increase of the buying power of the currency they are compared against.

Taking advantage of the dip in the late 90s where the price was below 300.00 an ounce was a great time to have bought.

With 300.00 gold in my pocket, I don't show your concern, and will continue to not be concerned until it drops 1200.00 per ounce.

Gold and Silver are long term investments, designed to protect wealth.

If you don't have any wealth to protect or can't afford to invest long term, they are probably not your best choice.

• Upvote 2

Can anyone suggestme where can I buy silver at the minimum cost or fees.

pls advise,

and thanks :D

Now is a good time to watch Craig's List and other local classifieds.

Graduation means college. The last 100 silver dollar purchase I made was from a parent scrambling to fund tuition for a child.

It was probable futile for him to have done it this way, but the silver had been his store of wealth.

If you buy from dealers, you will pay a percentage over spot price. If you sell back the them the next day, they will pay a percentage below spot. You have to hold the metal long enough for the value to increase enough to offset this spread and show gains.

Bartering goods and services for silver is a great way to prepare for the future. When purchasing a small amount of Dinar from a friend who deals in currency, neither one of us had a ten dollar bill to make change. He offered a 1945 half dollar and I paid a few dollars difference.

Investing in metal is not an overnight get rich quick scheme. It is a way of safely storing value and requires patience, time and money you can afford to do without in the short term.

If you lack the capitol, patience or time to let it grow, it is probably not your best way to go.

• Upvote 1

MSgt, to put it bluntly, you're an idiot! Nothing goes straight up. I just told you silver is a roller coaster. The pull-back that we saw the last couple of weeks is perfectly normal. Every stock and every commodity experiences the same thing, but silver is more volatile than most commodities. Your comments just show your ignorance, and I for one don't appreciate the false accusations. I couldn't care less if you or anyone else on here ever buys another piece or ounce of silver. The person who started this thread asked a question, and I offered my opinion. All you offered was your stupidity. You're probably one who's gonna put your money in a bank, in US dollars, and collect 1% "interest" for the rest of your life, while your cash depreciates at 8% per year. Good luck!

• Upvote 6

Hello All,

Thanks,

Brandy

GO RV

I bought silver, but I wanted to keep it close to me so..................

If you want market value and or slightly below spot, buy pre 1965 us silver coins on ebay.... they often sell at good discount to spot.... yes I know they are only 90% silver..... but silver eagle are on there also.....i

I forgot to say that people who bought at the top of the silver prices this year are not very happy they didn't get rich by holding a few coins for two weeks ;) the key to wise investing is HOLDING your investment....

Where to buy...there's typically local firms you can buy through no matter where your location however check their credentials first. Or go through Goldline,Blanchard,Apmex...you can find with a simple online search. Thats how I've done it and I have no complaints. Although there so much more involved in metals and coins...I do hope at minimum this helps you in some way. Peace.

Thank you very much!

90% Coinage

Silver Eagles

I have read that silver will reach $250 b4 the year is out, and plan to use some RV monies to purchase some silver in bulk. I have some silver now that I paid $6.00 for now.

I own Gold, Silver, and bullets. By far, I think that non perishable food items with a 3 to 5 year shelf life is by far a better investment, other than the bullets. If you trade a can of corn for a gold coin, what do you have? A gold coin. A bit hard to digest. When the food runs out, what's left? Slay.