Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

SOLDIERS GET 50% RETIREMENT; CONGRESS GETS 100% PLUS.

nointel

This is not a political party issue as much as it is a rip off of the AMERICAN PEOPLE that has to be stopped. Some of you already know this some don't.

No one has been able to explain to me why young men and women serve in the U.S. Military for 20 years, risking their lives protecting freedom, and only get 50% of their pay. While Politicians hold their political positions in the safe confines of the capital, protected by these same men and women, and receive full pay retirement after serving one term.

It just does not make any sense.

Why is it that the staffers of Congress family members are exempt from having to pay back student loans. This will get national attention if news networks will broadcast it. When you add this to the below, just where will all of it stop?

35 States file lawsuit against the Federal Government

Governors of 35 states have filed suit against the Federal Government for imposing unlawful burdens upon them. It only takes 38 (of the 50) States to convene a Constitutional Convention.

This is an idea that we should address.

For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress. Many citizens had no idea that members of Congress could retire with the same pay after only one term, that they specifically exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed (such as being exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment) while ordinary citizens must live under those laws. The latest is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform... in all of its forms. Somehow, that doesn't seem logical. We do not have an elite that is above the law. I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever. The self-serving must stop.

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution: "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States."

• Upvote 8

Our political system has failed. Our Forefathers would be ashamed as to what has happened with their dream. Service in government was supposed to have been a humble honor and not a reward that went to the highest bidder. Our Forefathers would have barred the doors of the Capital and White House many years ago as they looked at the mockery that has shamed the once hollowed halls that forged the dream of a new nation. The blood of the Patriots has been dried and scattered by the winds of indifference and greed. Our Forefathers left a system of Monarchs and class establishments merely to have their goal of freedom for all and a government 'of the people, for the people and by the people' replaced with elitism. Those who were supposed to establish the laws now view themselves above those very laws. They live in ivory towers and glass temples made on the backs of the common man and upon the graves of the Patriots. I am proud to live in America and to be an American and to be part of a family with a long and strong line of Patriots who fought along side of George Washington and his people. I am proud to be of a blood line that has been on American soil back to its beginnings with the Pilgrams and further with the Cherokees and Powhatan Indians. But, I am ashamed, fear, and distrust of my government.

• Upvote 3

Our political system has failed. Our Forefathers would be ashamed as to what has happened with their dream. Service in government was supposed to have been a humble honor and not a reward that went to the highest bidder. Our Forefathers would have barred the doors of the Capital and White House many years ago as they looked at the mockery that has shamed the once hollowed halls that forged the dream of a new nation. The blood of the Patriots has been dried and scattered by the winds of indifference and greed. Our Forefathers left a system of Monarchs and class establishments merely to have their goal of freedom for all and a government 'of the people, for the people and by the people' replaced with elitism. Those who were supposed to establish the laws now view themselves above those very laws. They live in ivory towers and glass temples made on the backs of the common man and upon the graves of the Patriots. I am proud to live in America and to be an American and to be part of a family with a long and strong line of Patriots who fought along side of George Washington and his people. I am proud to be of a blood line that has been on American soil back to its beginnings with the Pilgrams and further with the Cherokees and Powhatan Indians. But, I am ashamed, fear, and distrust of my government.

i couldn't have put it better.