Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Forex Standing Aside

DRV1804

Standing Aside

04/27/2011 - 11:01:00 (DailyFX)

Given the event risk due later today, we prefer to take to the sidelines and wait to see how things pan out. We feel that at some point over the coming sessions, currencies are due for a pullback against the beaten down buck, but the timing is still unclear.

DailyFX provides forex news on the economic reports and political events that influence the currency market.

Learn currency trading with a free practice account and charts from FXCM.

Market News provided by DailyFX

http://forex.tradingcharts.com/forex_news/standing_aside___998922900.html

this could be huge....am I understanding that they are predicting a HUGE drop in the US Dollar???

I keep trying to disect it but can't wrap my head around it, so I thought I would throw it out to my DV friends, I always appreciate their feedback!!

if this was at 11:00 am, it probably pertains to the benfeds news conference and not the rv.

Would make sense, and from my understanding... Nothing of great importance was really said.

But, I could imagine the concerns...

Bought 4 rolls of silver US quarters today and by the time I got home with them, they were worth $80 more than what I paid for them. Just the melt value. Now they are only $26 dollars more. Two hours.....what the heck?

The market was crazy today in all respects. Bernanke?

Edited by tommyboy

I think it means that they recommend staying on the sidelines until Mr. Bernanke has had his say at his press conference (in which nothing was really said), and that perhaps what he says will give a temporary boost to the dollar for the next few days since the dollar has been thrashed the past few weeks. No implications about the RV.....

The downhill slide of the USD... history in the making. A momentous time for an RV, don't'cha think? If anything, this slightly supports the theory that currencies "pulling back" against the US dollar need reassurance that we are taking care of our debts and economic problems. One of the best ways to do that is to get a sweet deal on that sweet crude in Iraq's oil fields after they RV (without a LOP, IMO). We scared people with a potential gov. shutdown earlier... not we're scaring them with a slow slide in the currency value against others, China on the verge of kicking us out the world reserve currency spot with their debt dropping pressure. Not lookin' good for us folks, or for Iraq, or for a lot of developing countries that are supposedly crammed together in this "basket".

Weeeeeeeee'll see...

Gotta love the suspense! Free drugs (adrenaline and dopamine!)

• Upvote 1

ok....so what does it mean?

This is what I got out of someone else....hope they are right!! GO RV!!

IMO it meanss that forex will be standing down for a period until the basket of currencies that will be adjusted in conjunction with the IQD RV takes effect and all curriencies are stabilised.

At least I sure hope that's what it means !!!!!