Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is Dinar Trade selling conterfit bills?

wesleym

I hope I am wrong because myself and another guy I work with here in Afghanistan both bought Dinars from Dinar Trade. He told me his wife told him he had eight 25,000 bills with the same serial numbers so I just called my wife and she started checking our new uncirculated bills and so far she has found 8 of ours that had the same serial numbers has anybody else found this? I also recieved a certificate from the Bradford Exchange saying it was the real deal.

• Upvote 2

I hope I am wrong because myself and another guy I work with here in Afghanistan both bought Dinars from Dinar Trade. He told me his wife told him he had eight 25,000 bills with the same serial numbers so I just called my wife and she started checking our new uncirculated bills and so far she has found 8 of ours that had the same serial numbers has anybody else found this? I also recieved a certificate from the Bradford Exchange saying it was the real deal.

You bought them from Bradfor Exchange, why there?

To help you out i have about 50 mill from 2003-2004 striate from the bank in iraq all 25k and there are a lot of the bills that look like the same # but i can assure you i have had them checked and they are real . I have bought about 10 -15 mill DT and they also looked the same .

but if you still have worries go to a westerunion and have them checked it only cost me 10 bucks

Thank you for the feedback, I have my wife scanning over a up close picture of them because as I stated I'm in Afghanistan and thats the only way I can check them myself, and I just spoke with my wife again and the certificate is not from the Braford Exchange that was my mistake she said it was like a certificate you get from the Bradford Exchange when you buy something, so I'm sorry about that statement I was wrong. I really hope she is looking at them wrong because I was about to buy more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thank you for the feedback, I have my wife scanning over a up close picture of them because as I stated I'm in Afghanistan and thats the only way I can check them myself, and I just spoke with my wife again and the certificate is not from the Braford Exchange that was my mistake she said it was like a certificate you get from the Bradford Exchange when you buy something, so I'm sorry about that statement I was wrong. I really hope she is looking at them wrong because I was about to buy more.

FOB Shank?

I actually had a little scare about this myself when I bough my first dinars, but I did a little research and realized all my bills were fine. The thing that got me was that it's really hard to see the difference between an arabic 2 (۲) and an arabic 3 (٣). The font they used to print the bills makes it very difficult to see the extra squiggle at the top of the three, and I thought that all the bills with serials ending in a 2 or 3 were the exact same number at first. Since 1 million dinar in 25k notes (40 notes total) that are sequentially serialed will have exactly 8 bills with serials that end in a 2 or 3, I'm guessing that's what is also going on here.

• Upvote 1

To help you out i have about 50 mill from 2003-2004 striate from the bank in iraq all 25k and there are a lot of the bills that look like the same # but i can assure you i have had them checked and they are real . I have bought about 10 -15 mill DT and they also looked the same .

but if you still have worries go to a westerunion and have them checked it only cost me 10 bucks

NOTHING LIKE TELLING PEOPLE YOU HAVE IN YOUR POS.----65 MILLION DINARS--JUST SAYING I PROB WOUDNT OFF TOLD PEOPLE THAT

Edited by HYDRANT
  • Upvote 2

NOTHING LIKE TELLING PEOPLE YOU HAVE IN YOUR POS.----65 MILLION DINARS--JUST SAYING I PROB WOUDNT OFF TOLD PEOPLE THAT

Unlike a lot of others i intend to pay the tax whatever it might be . because i believe in our country its what gave me the opportunities that Ive had in life and if giving them 30% of what i would not have got without tax dollars well thats just me.

O and if its the case of someone coming to take it from me hahaha rolleyes.gifyou do know Im from Texas And my whole family all the way back to my great grandpapy have served the military .

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Unlike a lot of others i intend to pay the tax whatever it might be . because i believe in our country its what gave me the opportunities that Ive had in life and if giving them 30% of what i would not have got without tax dollars well thats just me.

O and if its the case of someone coming to take it from me hahaha rolleyes.gifyou do know Im from Texas And my whole family all the way back to my great grandpapy have served the military .

The IRS tax code as of 1997 in regard to foreign currencies states that any capital gains or capital losses in excess of $200.00 will be a flat rate of 15%.

When I first got my dinar, and boy was I ever excited, I didn't let them out of my sight for days. I didn't want to open the package and take the chance of "ruining" them but eventually I just had to take them out and lay them out ... on a freshly laundered kitchen towel yet ... silly me ... and examine them.

To my horror, I found the serial numbers were the same for eight or nine numbers and then changed for the next nine or ten. Hmmmmmmm.

But as a former graphic designer, I have had to be extremely cognizent of graphic details ... for more than forty years ... doing and teaching. So, falling back on that I got out a magnifying loop, and started recreating the serial number digits as if it were a design problem. the first few "digits" were alike in all the packet I opened. But ... every so often ... like every ten or so digits ... they changed just a little. The first and last were more obviousl but still it was not easy to see at a glance of even a real look. On close examination, recreating them with a charcoal on paper in a larger size, I became aware that miniscule changes were happening with each bill. The digits were changing.

I suspect if we all knew the numbers in "Iraqi" ... or Arabic ... or now Kurdish ... whatever they are ... we would read them and see those tiny differences right away. I would bet they find our numbers confusing too.

Anyway, have you wife look again, and if she is uncertain, have her try to write a few out, copy them in detail. She will see the difference then. It is a technique we teach our graphic students ... or at least we used to before the computer changed the entire field.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 3

When I first got my dinar, and boy was I ever excited, I didn't let them out of my sight for days. I didn't want to open the package and take the chance of "ruining" them but eventually I just had to take them out and lay them out ... on a freshly laundered kitchen towel yet ... silly me ... and examine them.

To my horror, I found the serial numbers were the same for eight or nine numbers and then changed for the next nine or ten. Hmmmmmmm.

But as a former graphic designer, I have had to be extremely cognizent of graphic details ... for more than forty years ... doing and teaching. So, falling back on that I got out a magnifying loop, and started recreating the serial number digits as if it were a design problem. the first few "digits" were alike in all the packet I opened. But ... every so often ... like every ten or so digits ... they changed just a little. The first and last were more obviousl but still it was not easy to see at a glance of even a real look. On close examination, recreating them with a charcoal on paper in a larger size, I became aware that miniscule changes were happening with each bill. The digits were changing.

I suspect if we all knew the numbers in "Iraqi" ... or Arabic ... or now Kurdish ... whatever they are ... we would read them and see those tiny differences right away. I would bet they find our numbers confusing too.

Anyway, have you wife look again, and if she is uncertain, have her try to write a few out, copy them in detail. She will see the difference then. It is a technique we teach our graphic students ... or at least we used to before the computer changed the entire field.

:)

smee2

Good post Smee2... That should put the op's mind at ease.

I don't think the response was for the basis of you skipping taxes. Everyone on here signs up with an email address. I myself can run a trace on email and trace it back is a ISP, when in return could give me the address of the person paying for that internet. The logic is, if you hold a lot of currency or even a little good for you, but don't disclose it. If I can run this trace I am sure there are a wealth more people that can as well. Be cautious when you start disclosing how much you have, even if you are not telling the truth; the fact is you would not tell us how much you had in a bank account; this is not any different.

• Upvote 1

All of my currency has different serial numbers on it, for the records I have several million dinars. With respect to ALI and DT they are very expensive but have one of the best records online. ALI is approved by the US Treasury and has the best rating with the Better Business Bureau as well. ALI sells more than one currency so he has allot to loose with any game playing on money. He in fact sells 5 different currencies, I doubt he would jeopardize his business for something so simple. Look for the water marks and the computer strips in the money I'm sure it is there and your money is real. Peace.

• Upvote 2

Well, if you purchased the currency from Dinar Trade you receive a certificate of authenticity with them from Ali - and if you purchased from him - when you cash in - cash in with him. He is going to have several cash in locations available on appointment basis. You need to be a little careful in your accusations - you are bordering on slander - cause an unproven statement that you made could have an adverse affect on Ali's business - then he could bring a legal action against you.

I need to understand this...... You just stated you own , how many, 50 Million IQD? Correct? And you're the same guy who stated earlier that's working raking the sand on the beach in the Philippines? Hmmm......Ok.

Edited by umbertino

I don't know about you... but once I see at least two security features on my dinars, I call it good. Because if you think about it; 25K note is worth about $21 and some change. Who would spend time and money on $21 per bill? I mean just counterfitting the money itself would probably cost you near or more than $21 then try to move it and get rid of it? Now look at the 10K's, 5K's, 1Ks, etc.. JMO! :)