Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sounds like an RV to me.... (sounds like one)

eric_g_land

The plan to remove three zeroes from the Iraqi Dinar is a strategic plan that the central bank is currently finalizing, Central Bank's advisor Mothahhar Mohammed Saleh said in a statement to Alsumaria News.

This plan aims to alleviate transactions cost and help people carry less money, Saleh said noting that Iraq seeks to produce 6 to 12 oil barrels which is expected to increase the value of Iraqi dinar and boost development, he said.

Iraq's central Bank has managed during the past five years to reduce inflation rates from 34% to 3 or 4% and stabilize Iraqi Dinar exchange, the Central Bank's advisor told Alsumaria News.

In an earlier statement to Alsumaria News, Iraq's central Bank adviser Mothahhar Mohammed Saleh affirmed that the bank plans to remove three zeroes from the Iraqi Dinar noting that the zeroes which were added to the Iraqi currency previously constituted a large money supply estimated at 27 trillion Iraqi Dinar.

• Upvote 5

If they "lift" 3 zeroes from the base rate of.00086xxxxx, it will be a RV.

It has been mentioned that there are only around 5000 words in the Arabic language.

If this is true, the printed word is incapable of providing the necessary inflection to determine a word's use/meaning.

This would be a semantical nightmare.

Again, I stress that I don't know this to be true, but it would go a long way toward explaining some of misdirection and misinformation we have been bombarded with of late...

As always, hopefully waiting...

• Upvote 1

Just wanted to let you know, mods will move your news info into rumors if you don't post a link. This is very good info and I'd hate to see it get moved into a less reputable category so I wanted to let you know this. Have a great one and thanks for the post. :)

The plan to remove three zeroes from the Iraqi Dinar is a strategic plan that the central bank is currently finalizing, Central Bank's advisor Mothahhar Mohammed Saleh said in a statement to Alsumaria News.

This plan aims to alleviate transactions cost and help people carry less money, Saleh said noting that Iraq seeks to produce 6 to 12 oil barrels which is expected to increase the value of Iraqi dinar and boost development, he said.

Iraq's central Bank has managed during the past five years to reduce inflation rates from 34% to 3 or 4% and stabilize Iraqi Dinar exchange, the Central Bank's advisor told Alsumaria News.

In an earlier statement to Alsumaria News, Iraq's central Bank adviser Mothahhar Mohammed Saleh affirmed that the bank plans to remove three zeroes from the Iraqi Dinar noting that the zeroes which were added to the Iraqi currency previously constituted a large money supply estimated at 27 trillion Iraqi Dinar.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.alsumaria.tv/en/Iraq-News/1-62912-Iraq-Central-Bank-to-remove-three-zeroes-from-Iraqi-Dinar.html

Just wanted to let you know, mods will move your news info into rumors if you don't post a link. This is very good info and I'd hate to see it get moved into a less reputable category so I wanted to let you know this. Have a great one and thanks for the post. :)

Oh thanks....hmm still tryin to get used to the site....Not too sure if I did it right though.

My opinion still stands that this article is pertaining to in country only. Shab's requested all citizens bank their IQD over the last couple months. They also closed their borders to bringing in or taking out IQD. They did this for a reason. They can remove the 3 zero's from citizens bank accounts and then RV. Again this is just my opinion.

• Upvote 2

Sorry for reposting. Just tryin to get it out there. Lookin for opinions...

Sounds like an RV to you?

I did notice that the part of the article you didn't cut and paste said it was a re-denomination (an RD has historically been referred to as a lop or removing zeros).

Sounds like someone has a bad case of selective reading, compounded by wishful thinking.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It has been mentioned that there are only around 5000 words in the Arabic language.

If this is true, the printed word is incapable of providing the necessary inflection to determine a word's use/meaning.

Again, I stress that I don't know this to be true, but it would go a long way toward explaining some of misdirection and misinformation we have been bombarded with of late...

mabey they dont have words for rv da it jim you figured it out lol

I'm newly registered here, but have been quietly lurking for a while now.

Someone just posted a article in the News section here:

The last sentence in what was posted worries me: "To that, the central bank adviser appearance of Mohammed Saleh, said that such fears are unwarranted, and that the economic situation in Iraq is good and able to withstand application of this project, and that this experience had previously been applied in countries such as Turkey, which has deleted six zeroes from the currency before the period is not too distant future."

That sentence is, without a doubt, talking about a LOP, not about removing the zeroes from the 0.00086 conversion rate. These are past conversions for Turkish Lira (taken from Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_lira ):

2004 — 1 U.S. dollar = 1,350,000 lira

2005 — 1 U.S. dollar = 1.29 new lira (The use of New Turkish Lira, which drops 6 zeros from the currency Turkish Lira, was implemented in 2005)

Turkey moved the decimal on their currency to the left 6 places in 2005, and it looks like Saleh is trying to get Iraq to move theirs over 3 places in the same manner. Now, I'm hoping that they don't end up going through with this and we get a straight-up RV just like everyone else, but it's pretty clear to me now that the "lifting of the zeroes" is referring to a LOP. If they end up doing a LOP and an immediate RV, it will be a bit of a let-down, but I'll take the extra profit anyways.

Someone just posted a article in the News section here: http://dinarvets.com...the-cash-block/

The last sentence in what was posted worries me: "To that, the central bank adviser appearance of Mohammed Saleh, said that such fears are unwarranted, and that the economic situation in Iraq is good and able to withstand application of this project, and that this experience had previously been applied in countries such as Turkey, which has deleted six zeroes from the currency before the period is not too distant future."

That sentence is, without a doubt, talking about a LOP, not about removing the zeroes from the 0.00086 conversion rate. These are past conversions for Turkish Lira (taken from Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia....ki/Turkish_lira ):

2005 — 1 U.S. dollar = 1.29 new lira (The use of New Turkish Lira, which drops 6 zeros from the currency Turkish Lira, was implemented in 2005)

Turkey moved the decimal on their currency to the left 6 places in 2005, and it looks like Saleh is trying to get Iraq to move theirs over 3 places in the same manner. Now, I'm hoping that they don't end up going through with this and we get a straight-up RV just like everyone else, but it's pretty clear to me now that the "lifting of the zeroes" is referring to a LOP. If they end up doing a LOP and an immediate RV, it will be a bit of a let-down, but I'll take the extra profit anyways.

Yep....and thats what alot of people dont understand....they have been planning this around what Turkey did...they are learning from their process and implementation....and what Turkey did was lop/redenominate, and increase their purchasing power.....which if in the worst case, Iraq will do...hopefully not, but all these zero articles are talking about a lop/redenomination....

• Downvote 1

Someone just posted a article in the News section here:

That sentence is, without a doubt, talking about a LOP, not about removing the zeroes from the 0.00086 conversion rate. These are past conversions for Turkish Lira (taken from Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_lira ):

This idea of a simultaneous LOP and RV doesn't make much sense to me, and I have found no record of anything like that ever happening. An RD by itself can make the dinar any value they want. The rounder the RD exchange rate, the easier it is for people to understand and accept. And these examples are like things that HAVE happened in recent history.

Some examples using 1,000,000 old dinar (OD) worth $0.00086 each being exchanged for new dinar (ND):

1000:1 RD you would end up with 1,000 ND worth $0.86 each.

2000:1 RD you would end up with 500 ND worth $1.72 each.

3000:1 RD you would end up with 333 ND worth $2.58 each.

4000:1 RD you would end up with 250 ND worth $3.44 each.

And so on.

Unfortunately or fortunately for us, in each and every case, our $860.00 worth of dinar ends up being worth $860.00.

Great point.