Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

11th hour rv/ri

davids11548

Even though, I may not be as smart as a lot of folks are on this site who provide a lot of good "intel' and/or humor.{ In my opinion} Things seem to add up but don't come to realization quite often. and it has occured to me that, when dealing with the body politic, one thing seems to become clear.If I wanted to get something done,I would have to inject it at a time when no one could alter or stop it,for any reason.Of course, I could be totally wrong! [ feel free to hammer me].from what I have read earlier on this site. I believe there is a window 30 days prior to the elections that no law can be passed, to prevent unfair advantages to politicians. also to my understanding the PM needs the rv/ri to be a shoe in. therefore I would have to assume that the rv/ri would have to be posted at 30 days plus 30 minutes prior to the election.

In any case Good luck and best wishes to all !

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First and foremost, we can not forget that we are dealing with politicians. That being said, there isn't one of them on this planet who wouldn't play the ace-in-the-hole that Maliki currently is holding. Not sure on the Election Code of Conduct, is it real law that has been passed or just a rumor? But if there is a timeframe in place where no laws can passed to further the campaign of any one candidate, then you can bet that this will be played out before that date comes. JMO

Simple thought...if everyone knew Maliki could institute an RV at any time, especially just before elections/campaigning, is it really an "ace in the hole". Seriously, if all of us here are "aware" of his ability to revalue the currency at any time, wouldn't everyone and their cousin in Iraq have the same knowledge? Alternatively, why wouldn't one of Maliki's opponents scream from the mountain tops, "Hey, this guy's had the ability to make almost every single one of Iraq's citizens wealthy beyond anything you've ever known but he's been holding up the whole process because he want's to be re-elected." Not only would I not vote for him, I'd try to have him deported to Greenland. If I were running against Maliki, I'd pray he'd revalue at the last minute. Not only would I have an ultimate rebuttal to anything he said, I'd have a lot more money to campaign with in the final days of the election process.

:lmao:According to nIraqi law Maliki must RV before the 17 of February, all said!!!

Jocko129,

Is that because, for this election ONLY due to the date change, they made an exception this one time down to 14 days prior ? I think that was posted in this forum yesterday.

There has been much speculation as to the date. A lot of thoughtful analysis has been put into different passing of laws and the time tables involved with them. Seems everytime we get passed one hurdle, another appears...

If we are to believe what we've been told...the RI has ben approved by everyone that needs to aprove it.....it simply hasn't been released yet.......so in that context.....it could be released ANYTIME at all......couldn't it?