Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What changes would you like to see on this site to make it even better!

Tiffany23

You can pick more than one  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Given a choice, what would be your top pick to make this a better site?

• A spell checker on posts
    • The ability to go back later on previous posts to make edits
    • The ability to ID those who gave you +/-
    • Ability to post larger size pictures
    • The ability to restrict gallery pics to only those who view profile
    • Establish a posted watch list on those who misbehave
    • Other (please list below your idea)

What changes would you appreciate in order to make the DV site even better? You can select more than one item listed above and/or list your own. I know many of these choices have probably already been looked at, but for some reason can't be implemented. But then again, maybe by us sending our thoughts forward, they can look into it.

I think most of us think that this site is AWESOME. The DV team has done an EXCELLENT job on providing us a wonderful place to post our thoughts, intel and to establish friendships. I think I've made friends with just about every Mod and Administrator on the site, they are really great people.

Here are the things on my Wish List:

1. It would appreciated if we had the ability to go back and change the words that are either spelled wrong or incorrect (i.e. do vs due). When I go back and read my posts sometimes, I think people must think I have the vocabulary of a 6th grader. A spell check would do wonders. I heard on the radio yesterday that 1 out of 4 interviewers will throwout a resume that has even one mistake on it.

2. I also wish we could tell who gave us plus and minus rep points. Or take rep points out all together. If someone wants to appreciate my comments or has a problem with them, let them come forward. I've made more friends from discussing our different opinions than those who agree with me! (Yes BanG you are one of them! :P )

Also, I can't figure out the reputation yellow stars by one's name. It doesn't seem to go by how many rep points you have, how many postings you've made nor how many views your profile has received...so how is that determined? Can one of the gurus let us know please on how those are determined?

3. Speaking of which, there seems to be the same old troublemakers that like to partake in character assassinations. When I see the comments they make, I go to their profile and 99% of the time, the mods have already slapped their hands and gave them a warning. What about posting their names on a wall of shame for everyone to see? If people know that by misbehaving they will get their names posted, maybe...just maybe they will stop being jerks. Note: I'm not talking about people that have a different opinion, all of us know the difference.

Again, thank you to Mr. Montana and all of the Mods/Admin that work so hard to make this the GREAT site that it is! :tiphat:

P.S. And if I spelled something wrong, it was to prove a point! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :)

• Upvote 6

"Blushes, kicks stone on sidewalk and grins at Tiffany" Thanks Tiffany glad I could be the source for one of your posts, not sure if it was good or sad only know I was mentioned in your post, Formalities out of the way now propose the following changes, Bows to his imminence Adam and gestures a nod to the moderators. I would like to see the G rating stand o course but to me words like Hell or Damn and an occasional SH$t do help one make there point better understood with some of these colorful meta-fores being used from time to time. I'm not proposing name calling or being vulgar at someone else's expense by any means, most of you know me and in the context I'm referring as well. I'm simply saying we are all adults here and can comprehend the small words and the context into the manner they are being applied..........We are not idiots here you know. JMO. Peace to you all. cool.gif

Spell checker and being able to see who hits you with negatives(or positives) is a good idea.

You can edit posts, within 10 minutes(or maybe 15) and that should be sufficient. Think real hard before you hit the add reply button :D

As far as the wall of shame i say yes, however I don't really think that will stop the "character assassinations" as these people probably have no shame to begin with.

Thanks for the post and ideas Tiffany.

The new "search" on DV is just OK. Would appreciate the ability to search by a poster's ID or the subject matter. Spell checker would be nice.

Just click on the "search" while it is blank and it will give you advanced search options including searching by poster id. wink.gif Just found that today. tongue.gif

-

Let's make the application of "+" and "-" more specific.

Why ding the poster for posting something said by someone else?

For example, if Tif does a copy-n-paste of an Okie chat,

why ding Tif?

When you hit the "-", a little box could open, you type in the name

that gets the "-", and that name shows up, with the "-" count,

on the bottom of the post.

If someone wants to take the time to haul a multitude of different

chats over here, why should they take the hit for what's IN the chat...?

• Upvote 1

What changes would you appreciate in order to make the DV site even better? You can select more than one item listed above and/or list your own. I know many of these choices have probably already been looked at, but for some reason can't be implemented. But then again, maybe by us sending our thoughts forward, they can look into it.

I think most of us think that this site is AWESOME. The DV team has done an EXCELLENT job on providing us a wonderful place to post our thoughts, intel and to establish friendships. I think I've made friends with just about every Mod and Administrator on the site, they are really great people.

1. It would appreciated if we had the ability to go back and change the words that are either spelled wrong or incorrect (i.e. do vs due). When I go back and read my posts sometimes, I think people must think I have the vocabulary of a 6th grader. A spell check would do wonders. I heard on the radio yesterday that 1 out of 4 interviewers will throwout a resume that has even one mistake on it.

2. I also wish we could tell who gave us plus and minus rep points. Or take rep points out all together. If someone wants to appreciate my comments or has a problem with them, let them come forward. I've made more friends from discussing our different opinions than those who agree with me! (Yes BanG you are one of them! :P )

Also, I can't figure out the reputation yellow stars by one's name. It doesn't seem to go by how many rep points you have, how many postings you've made nor how many views your profile has received...so how is that determined? Can one of the gurus let us know please on how those are determined?

3. Speaking of which, there seems to be the same old troublemakers that like to partake in character assassinations. When I see the comments they make, I go to their profile and 99% of the time, the mods have already slapped their hands and gave them a warning. What about posting their names on a wall of shame for everyone to see? If people know that by misbehaving they will get their names posted, maybe...just maybe they will stop being jerks. Note: I'm not talking about people that have a different opinion, all of us know the difference.

Again, thank you to Mr. Montana and all of the Mods/Admin that work so hard to make this the GREAT site that it is! :tiphat:

P.S. And if I spelled something wrong, it was to prove a point! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :)

As always...well thought of subject from Tiffnay23. Good job!

It would be nice if on the list of new posts, we could see which threads we commented on. I moderate another site (nothing Dinar related) and there's a little green arrow next to the thread denoting that we had posted on that particular thread.

Also PM's for all would be nice

Tiff I gave you a +

The new "search" on DV is just OK. Would appreciate the ability to search by a poster's ID or the subject matter. Spell checker would be nice.

you can do that .. if you go to a member profile it gives you the option to see topics started and posts.... and as for the other requests ... if you change to the html editor you have full spell check, manipulation of text and color etc.

from my screen, the only stars I see are next to staff and that merely indicates the level at which we're able to work here.

truly, my very first reaction is ... hmmm ... how much am I paying to use this site and what might the investment be to make all the changes in your laundry list??

how about date and time post/thread was started?

it would help a lot to keep track of ones that i read already.

i know some say it in the heading but most dont. i then end up opening posts i already read especially from the people that post often.

if i remember correctly the previous format here used to have that.

just a thought-not the end of the world

cws

• Upvote 1

I'm simply saying we are all adults here cool.gif

I beg to differ ....there are some very young people who come to this site - under 16 so I do not see any reason to allow certain words that are generally thought to be "adult" words ... not going to create the "list" of approved and unapproved ... if you can't say it without them just don't say anything.

how about lets cut down the number of times someone can change their avatar picture i think this needs to be implemented immediately laugh.gif

oh gee and here I was just about to see if you had a different one dry.gif(JK)

• Upvote 1

I beg to differ ....there are some very young people who come to this site - under 16 so I do not see any reason to allow certain words that are generally thought to be "adult" words ... not going to create the "list" of approved and unapproved ... if you can't say it without them just don't say anything.

oh gee and here I was just about to see if you had a different one dry.gif(JK)

LMAO

Allot of great suggestions! I would like to add free speech with out it being edited because a mod or who ever did like your opinion or thoughts. Keep your personal attacks to yourself, we don't need that or the use of profanity. Keep it clean, respectful and fun. Dreaming is free, trust in God not man! Man will disappoint you every time. Don't think so? Look at the world!!!! :blink:

• Upvote 1

Allot of great suggestions! I would like to add free speech with out it being edited because a mod or who ever did like your opinion or thoughts. Keep your personal attacks to yourself, we don't need that or the use of profanity. Keep it clean, respectful and fun. Dreaming is free, trust in God not man! Man will disappoint you every time. Don't think so? Look at the world!!!! :blink:

I hope you notice that I allowed this post to go through LDR. You my dear have gone against your own advise up there in the past which is why you are on mod preview NOT because someone disagreed with you...

You are free to voice an opinion here as long as it is respectful and not meant to defame the site owner and other members and does NOT contain foul language.

This is a privately owned site ... last I knew, when you visited someones home you were at that point under their rules and the constitution can only protect you so far in that case :)

• Upvote 1

Some EXCELLENT suggestions Team! :twothumbs:

P,Valley....I understand completely that you are moderating with no compensation. You are underpaid, but I HOPE you do not feel under LOVED. If it wasn't for you and the other mods, this site would go from merely finger pointing to name calling at a drop of a hat! I promise you, your professionalism does not go unappreciated.

My attempt was merely to provide feedback on some very minor items that may increase customer (hmmm..ok, user) satisfaction and make the site more user friendly (whew got it right that time). I have no idea if any of these ideas are possible or even worth investigating. If not, then consider this merely a small venting session on an otherwise, AWESOME site!

And sincerely "Thank you" for making all of us PLAY Nice!

P.S. Easyrider..touche! I'll try to control my itchy finger to change avatar pictures! :P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Some EXCELLENT suggestions Team! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

P,Valley....I understand completely that you are moderating with no compensation. You are underpaid, but I HOPE you do not feel under LOVED. If it wasn't for you and the other mods, this site would go from merely finger pointing to name calling at a drop of a hat! I promise you, your professionalism does not go unappreciated.

My attempt was merely to provide feedback on some very minor items that may increase customer (hmmm..ok, user) satisfaction and make the site more user friendly (whew got it right that time). I have no idea if any of these ideas are possible or even worth investigating. If not, then consider this merely a small venting session on an otherwise, AWESOME site!

And sincerely "Thank you" for making all of us PLAY Nice!

P.S. Easyrider..touche! I'll try to control my itchy finger to change avatar pictures! tongue.gif

haha i had a feeling you would catch my post btw i was only teasing tongue.gif

First thing would be a BS detector.

Then a rule that you can’t keep changing your Avatar pic to often

Especially when certain members seems to think this site is a portfolio centre to try to show of there Madonna shots

A bit like Madonna’s song Vogue

Yes you know who I am talking about Tiff

Strike the pose, Vogue Vogue B):P:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1