Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Firefighter in Iraq

harrysmug

Firefighter in Iraq

* Location Baghdad Iraq

Posted Today, 09:24 AM

We were just briefed that there has been and is expected to be a lot more celebratory gunfire in Baghdad. Something happened and Iraqis are firing guns in the air in celebration. This is only @ 15 minutes old. I am checking with folks in the know to see what they are celebrating. Stay tuned !!!

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 3

Firefighter in Iraq

* Location Baghdad Iraq

We were just briefed that there has been and is expected to be a lot more celebratory gunfire in Baghdad. Something happened and Iraqis are firing guns in the air in celebration. This is only @ 15 minutes old. I am checking with folks in the know to see what they are celebrating. Stay tuned !!!

Posted Today, 09:45 AM

OK. Please understand this is only rumor to me at this point. BUT, what I got from a contact in the embassy is that they UNOFFICIALLY voted on the Security Minister candidate and he will be officially voted in tomorrow. Nothing was mentioned about RV but this item was specifically told to me. All that said, I am still guardedly optomistic.

• Upvote 6

That's not a celebration, that's local police battling insurgents trying to blow up some gov building :ph34r: ?

Somehow shooting off guns as a way of celebrating in a country that is under constant attack from terrorists is a BAD idea......ya think?

• Upvote 5

Firefighter in Iraq

* Location Baghdad Iraq

Still reaching out to my contacts that are in the know. That said, the fact that this government is getting anything done is cause for celebration by the Iraqi citizens.

• Upvote 4

Still reaching out to my contacts that are in the know. That said, the fact that this government is getting anything done is cause for celebration by the Iraqi citizens.

Well, thats not very promising :lol: ( GOI went to work today = Yay!!!) :lmao:

Posted Today, 09:45 AM

OK. Please understand this is only rumor to me at this point. BUT, what I got from a contact in the embassy is that they UNOFFICIALLY voted on the Security Minister candidate and he will be officially voted in tomorrow. Nothing was mentioned about RV but this item was specifically told to me. All that said, I am still guardedly optomistic.

A confirmed security minister would be very good news in any case....hopeful B)

• Upvote 3

Its true. there was gunfire of base today around 200pm Baghdad time. I was outside and heard it. The alarm did sound and then the all clear come over the giant voice about 30 minutes after it started. a couple hours later I heard a few more rounds but not as much as earlier in the day. Something was def going on though. Im not sure what the reason behind it was, but i did find it unusual to hear gunfire off base in the middle of the day. The only gunfire i usually hear is from the firing range or on of our ecp's. But this gunfire was coming from a completely different direction. I just wish they would celebrate with fireworks instead of bullets. If they were celebrating anything.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the post, not sure where it is coming from but I have seen this stated by 2 other people today and it's word for word...hmmmmmmmmm

[Cali Dinar] We were just briefed that there has been and is expected to be a lot more clelbratory gunfire in Baghdad. Something happened and Iraqis are firing guns in the air in celebration. This is only @ 15 minutes old. I am checking with folks in the know to see what they are celebrating. Stay tuned !!! *** OK. Please understand this is only rumor to me at this point. BUT, what I got from a contact in the embassy is that they UNOFFICIALLY

[Robinredhed] We were just briefed that there has been and is expected to be a lot more clelbratory gunfire in Baghdad. Something happened and Iraqis are firing guns in the air in celebration. This is only @ 15 minutes old. I am checking with folks in the know to see what they are celebrating. Stay tuned !!! *** OK. Please understand this is only rumor to me at this point. BUT, what I got from a contact in the embassy is that they UNOFFICIALLY voted on the Security Minister candidate and he will be officially voted in tomorrow. Nothing was mentioned about RV but this item was specifically told to me. All that said, I am still guardedly optomistic.

Looks like alotta hype over some gunplay

Lol, yea sure. This rumor caters to the american public in volumes. Not only will they be rich, theres guns shooting off into the air. Yeeeeeehaaawww I just got a tad bit hard.

thanks for posting this rumor, but quite honestly If there was any truth to it it would only be signifying the destabilization of the country and its government.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6