Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IRAQ'S CREDIT RATINGS

Scooter

DV TEAM,

I hope all is well!! Since there's been a bit of discussion regarding Iraq's Credit Rating, I decided to research the subject. There's some good news, bad, and real ugly. Overall, the ratings were expected under the circumstances. When reviewing, just ask yourself what the RV would do to this credit rating. I'm curious to hear your responses.

Best regards,

Scooter

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COFACEFRENCHCREDITRATINGANDTHEWORLD.png

USEXPORT-IMPORTBANKRULES.png

StandardandPoorsSovereignRatingsV2-0.png

• Upvote 8

Thanks Scooter! Love when something makes you scratch your head cause we all benefit! You're so generous in sharing your research!

Not listed with credit agencies doesn't really surprise me ... if the currency is not recognized globally what would be the point? Of course, that is assuming (and exactly what I'm doing which may bring shame on me haha) the ones who are, ARE.

Love ya dear,

pvS

Thanks Scooter, good post. What caught my eye most was the line (Economic Growth percentage) it shows 9.5 in 2008, 4.5 in 2009, 4.2 in 2010 and 7 in 2011. this is great considering we are only in the third month of the year. I take that as a positive indicator of good things to come.

It seems to me that most of the concerns over Iraq's finances, (i.e. debt service capabilities and liquidity concerns), will immediately go away with an RV. Right?

And, I'm not familiar with Fitch, but Moody's and S&P are pretty much a joke when it comes to stock ratings. I don't know about "country" ratings. They had Bear Stearns as "A" rated literally up to the day they filed bankruptcy if my memory is correct. They never seem to change ratings until after it doesn't matter.

Looks to me like political/military stability in the region may be the real lingering issue with regard to global credit reliability. And that's not going to improve any time soon with all that's going on in the middle east.

JMO. :D As always, Scooter, great job, and I'll still vote for you if you run!!!

Scooter,

Great post! My question is what did Kuwait's credit look like before they got back on track?

thanks

GREAT QUESTION!!!! SINCE THIS WHOLE THING SEEMS TO MIRROR KUWAITS! :bulb:

And I have to question how the US has an AAA rating?

PVS!, I was wondering the same thing even before I read your post, our economy is slipping off the seat right into the crapper, more and more countries are dumping the USD as a standard, that is our only hope to stay solvent, and we are gradually losing it, Bad news for our investments!

Good Things To All !

By the way, Thanks Scooter, your info is always off the grid!

Edited by Old Guy