Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Come on people, these posts that speculate less that 1 to 1 rate is about as far fetched in my book as 6.00 is. Unless there is a 2 part RV thin who will gain. If the US is looking for tax dollars to fill in the holes then i fail to see where a measly 1.00 will help compared to what millions of Dinar cashed in will bring in taxes.......what will a 1.00 help in Iraq when all the other oil producing nations will be yelling and screaming because the US has been so instrumental in setting up this, so now we have all the oil producing nations yelling discrimination and favoratism. The world would laugh at the very thought of such a wimper. What would Kuwait say after they expressed their opinion to the UN and IMF to start out somewhere around what their's is. We got enough hatred in the world already why stir up some more. I just hope it RV's to a sensible rate for all involved.

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 2

Point well taken, and there was a great post yesterday leading in the same direction, more specifically that the rate needs to be balanced..One thing that throws me though I think and I could be wrong but Saudi Arabia is at .27 to the US dollar...I could be wrong though....Anyway Heavy great point & I look forward to the reactions to this thread.

• Upvote 1

What would Kuwait say after they expressed their opinion to the UN and IMF to start out somewhere around what their's is. I just hope it RV's to a sensible rate for all involved.

I believe i read an article that Kuwait was worried if it comes out to high or to low. companies might move based on where it was cheaper to operate.

Sensible, logical, what Kuwait wants, what the dinar RV means to the US in tax revenue......what does any of this have to do with the rate of the dinar RV? NOTHING......ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.......the rate will be determined by the economics of the country in conjuction with its ability to financially support a paticular value based on the amount of dinar in the money supply including how much is in circulation....period.

Yoyu want to pick a rate....great, pick one based on some financial facts, not based on what makes sense to you......com'on already, get real. B)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Not picking on you here, but....

You are making a blanket statement that has the substance behind it of simply a cheerleader and/or lottery ticket owner. Surely while making comparisons to other countries as you have you are factoring in more than just the exchange rate number and the fact it sits in the Middle East. Numbers like population, GDP, M2, interest rates, unemployment rates, financial reserves, and purchasing power indexes etc... must be factored in so that you are comparing apples to apples. Then you must qualify it with other factors such as Inflation, security, corruption ratings, social-political situations, infrastructure and utilities, financial infrastructure, Industry diversification, oil prices, education, and opportunity to name just a few.

Look... I say this because others listen to others and make purchases based on trusting the information. Basically it amounts to nothing more than opinion just as this is mine. I am not calling you out by any means, but saying their are way more influences than you are giving credit for. You should be shouting for joy from the rooftops if this gets to even a penny with the same amounts you hold. Anything better than that would be unbelievably great. Don't get too greedy with that scratch ticket in your hand. You have read to much garbage from pretend guru's that have clouded your brain. :D Peace buddy.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

What would Kuwait say after they expressed their opinion to the UN and IMF to start out somewhere around what their's is. I just hope it RV's to a sensible rate for all involved.

I believe i read an article that Kuwait was worried if it comes out to high or to low. companies might move based on where it was cheaper to operate.

As long as Kuwait gets their percentage from Iraq oil sales, do you really think they care what the rate would be?

• Upvote 1

Come on people, these posts that speculate less that 1 to 1 rate is about as far fetched in my book as 6.00 is. Unless there is a 2 part RV thin who will gain. If the US is looking for tax dollars to fill in the holes then i fail to see where a measly 1.00 will help compared to what millions of Dinar cashed in will bring in taxes.......what will a 1.00 help in Iraq when all the other oil producing nations will be yelling and screaming because the US has been so instrumental in setting up this, so now we have all the oil producing nations yelling discrimination and favoratism. The world would laugh at the very thought of such a wimper. What would Kuwait say after they expressed their opinion to the UN and IMF to start out somewhere around what their's is. We got enough hatred in the world already why stir up some more. I just hope it RV's to a sensible rate for all involved.

Where is the evidence that Kuwait stated that? And even if they did, this isn't about Kuwait or the US. This is about Iraq doing what's best for Iraq with Iraq's currency.

Edited by MrRich
  • Upvote 4

how about they lop 3 zeros and give .50 cents per dinar i.e. 250,000 becomes 250 then divide by .50 per = 50 bucks before tax

now that sounds more realistic. even 1 for 1 after lop would be as high as it goes, and it won't. so that gives ya $250 per 250 note

so on and so on down the stack

• Downvote 4

Common sense and old guy...you both need to go back to school. :P

If you're sayin lop off 3 zzeros then exchange for 5o cents per dinar you we would lose money and so would the iraqis???? Not gonna happen!

currently 250,000 dinar equals about $213.67US at the 1170 rate

if you lop 3 zeros, leaves you 250 dinar times 5o cents each equals $125US....not a very great return?

that's a loser in my book boys? B)

• Upvote 4

Where is the evidence that Kuwait stated that? And even if they did, this isn't about Kuwait or the US. This is about Iraq doing what's best for Iraq with Iraq's currency.

YES, true it is about IRAQ doing what is best for them... With a stiff hand up their back side to trade on a global scale and also pressure by many to do things in a cartain way. Do you really believe they are FREE to do whatever they want..?

SO we went in there printed up their currency and held security for them for nothing at all. We have no say and BUSH is there for a vacation? LOL This is much bigger then JUST IRAQ. And to think this will RV low is not something "I" wouldn't agree with or suspect at all. They need to be a PLAYER and they have the goods. The ONLY way this will come out a little lower then an RI is initially to wash out all the quick cash ins. THAT IS ABOUT ALL I CAN SEE in terms of that. BUT, as I said time and again we wont know until we know. SPECULATION is all the RV is about.

Unless you have some knowledge and insight I have yet to hear, please tell me. I want to know and learn what I am missing out on , if I am missing out at all...

Go RV brother...

• Upvote 1

Spoke with friends in the zone today. Only news they had to offer was things are locked down pretty tight until the 15th. They said that the outside was buzzing with activity from Iraqi army? Dunno just thought I would pass on what little I know. Peace.

• Upvote 4

Spoke with friends in the zone today. Only news they had to offer was things are locked down pretty tight until the 15th. They said that the outside was buzzing with activity from Iraqi army? Dunno just thought I would pass on what little I know. Peace.

thanks man peace to you as well. hopefully all this means something positive!

• Upvote 1

YES, true it is about IRAQ doing what is best for them... With a stiff hand up their back side to trade on a global scale and also pressure by many to do things in a cartain way. Do you really believe they are FREE to do whatever they want..?

SO we went in there printed up their currency and held security for them for nothing at all. We have no say and BUSH is there for a vacation? LOL This is much bigger then JUST IRAQ. And to think this will RV low is not something "I" wouldn't agree with or suspect at all. They need to be a PLAYER and they have the goods. The ONLY way this will come out a little lower then an RI is initially to wash out all the quick cash ins. THAT IS ABOUT ALL I CAN SEE in terms of that. BUT, as I said time and again we wont know until we know. SPECULATION is all the RV is about.

Unless you have some knowledge and insight I have yet to hear, please tell me. I want to know and learn what I am missing out on , if I am missing out at all...

Go RV brother...

Bush isn't in Iraq. That's an old story from 2008. And sure, there are other influences in play here, but ultimately the RV is to increase Iraq's purchasing power and help rebuild their country. If the rate is too high it could cause inflation which would be detrimental to them even though it would be better for us. And like Adam said in his book, they don't give a rat's rear end about helping us. This is about them. We're just along for the ride. The main benefit to us is the damage to terrorist organizations and the nations who sponsor them by encouraging democracy and capitalism in that region. And damaging Iraq's chances of success doesn't help us in that regard.

Edited by MrRich

Looks like Tony Blair is going. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-182610/Tony-Blair-going-Iraq.html

Prime Minister Tony Blair is to visit Iraq to thank the British troops there personally.

Mr Blair made his announcement at the start of a visit to the Gulf but gave no details of when his visit would take place.

It is expected within the next 48 hours.

Mr Blair, asked if the visit to Iraq was important for him personally, said: "Yes, it is important. But it's most important to thank the troops on behalf of the country because this was, more than any other conflict in recent times, this was a very, very tough conflict.

"And people risked their lives, in some cases lost their lives, and so it's right that I go there and I see the troops there and thank them personally and thank them personally out in the theatre."

Mr Blair went on: "I want to see the British troops to thank them for their magnificent performance during the Gulf conflict."

He also said he would be having talks with Britain's new representative in Iraq, John Sawers.

He said he wanted to discuss with the Kuwaiti leadership the prospects for the region generally and to thank them for their help during the conflict.

Asked directly if there was an element of triumphalism in his visit, Mr Blair replied: "No. It's very much one of thanks for the troops who are there still in difficult circumstances, difficult physical circumstances for them, and doing a very good job."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-182610/Tony-Blair-going-Iraq.html#ixzz1GKcV4ntZ

No no no......a rate less then one to one is the ONLY logical answer when you look at the facts......they CANT rv to anything near a dollar with the amount they have in circulation....its impossible.......this isent about getting US tax dollars to fill in holes....this is mainly about Iraq....we are just a side affect.....and no one is going to be yelling and screaming about the US setting Iraq back up either....the value of the dinar is not going to start an uproar of countries getting mad at the US because they start out low and gradually rise in value....thats usually how these things work....nothing out of the norm with that scenerio.....and who told you that Kuwait came to the UN and IMF and said they wanted Iraq to start out where their currency is?? Did the riddler get you hooked with that nonsense???

if issuing smaller denoms, why would they lop...so they can cause greater confusion. I would assume their basis is to get the higher currency off the market, so a lop would make no sense. It does however make much more sense to create a time frame of trade in on the large notes and then do away with them.

• Upvote 1

But that doesnt do much for the purchasing power. it simply cuts off the zeros and doubles the value to... paper towels (from toilet paper).

There will not be a LOP

Your a bit off buddy....when they lop, purchasing power is greatly increased......its one reason to do it....its called combating the effects of years of hyperinflation.......if they lopped the new rate could be 1.17 and their purchasing power would be restored.....a lop is a very real possibility.....dont listen to the fools that say there is no way they can lop or its impossible for them to lop cause they have no clue what they are talking about....