Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Whose the more talented guitarist? Mark Knopfler or Waylon Jennings

Tiffany23

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better picker?

• Waylon Jennings
    • Mark Knopfler

There have been so many good ones, and everyone mentioned on this thread are awesome.......let me add one to the list......Orianthi.....a young aussie....here are a couple of links.....You will enjoy her.

lots of other stuff on her on Youtube

have never embedded anything on this site.......but will try it below.......if it works it is the same as the link above....

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="1280" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zLjl9U-B1R4?rel=0&hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

There have been so many good ones, and everyone mentioned on this thread are awesome.......let me add one to the list......Orianthi.....a young aussie....here are a couple of links.....You will enjoy her.

lots of other stuff on her on Youtube

have never embedded anything on this site.......but will try it below.......if it works it is the same as the link above....

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="1280" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zLjl9U-B1R4?rel=0&hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

She's also HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..............................................................GO RV 2011 BABY!!!!!

trick question--- it's really who's......

Speakin of WHO-Pete Townsend also one of the all time greats. Here's more for the list-Jimmy Page,Jeff Beck,Les Dudek,Roy ClarK,Carl Perkins, Slash,Joe Perry,Stevie Ray Vaughn,Joe Satriani......................................................etc.........................................................GO RV 2011 BABY!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

aaal very fine players, but don't forget Brent Mason, Albert Lee and of course we cant forget that Rhet Vogert long time picker with Merele Haggard who is a great picker himself, and now making new records with plenty of mad guitar picking we have Brad Paisley.

• Upvote 2

IMO without a doubt it would be between Eric Clapton,Duane Allman,& Allan Collins.And of course Eddie VH is'nt to shabby either..................................................GO RV 2011 BABY!!!!!!!

These are all great, as well! I have always been a huge Mark Knopfler fan. It's amazing how many artists he has recorded with, as well. When I picked up the John Anderson CD "Seminole Wind", I remember thinking that some of the guitar rifts sounded eerily similiar to that of Mark Knopfler. When I looked at the credits, indeed, he was there!

Waylon is a great in his own way!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I love everybody here mentioned and they are very talented in their own way and so hard to pick, anywho, thought I would ad ad some other talented boys to the mix,

hopefully the link will work, check out these pickers and tell me what you think.

Ricky Looks Like Jay Leno

Edited by Short Circuit
  • Upvote 3

Speakin of WHO-Pete Townsend also one of the all time greats. Here's more for the list-Jimmy Page,Jeff Beck,Les Dudek,Roy ClarK,Carl Perkins, Slash,Joe Perry,Stevie Ray Vaughn,Joe Satriani........

End Quote

I concur they're all excellent Guitarists..........But when it comes to Technique and instrument Mastery, I still say John McLaughlin.

I had the privilege of seeing him live in 1991.........Awesome.......

To those willing to dig more into it, I'd suggest that you listen at least to the "Devotion" Album and then all or some of the Albums he made with his Group Mahavishnu Orchestra. You can find all that on youtube.....Also,if you check youtube and write "Mar Y Sol Music Festival" You'll find a Track by the M,O. called "The Noonward Race" where you'll see and hear for yourself why he's rightly deemed as the best Electric Guitarist in the World.

• Upvote 1