Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq Receiving 2 AN-32's

Slaydadea

State-run Antonov State Enterprise (Kyiv) is ready to deliver the first two An-32 light transport aircraft to Iraq this week. The aircraft were constructed in Kyiv as part of a large-scale contract with Iraq on military equipment supplies worth over $500 million.

Antonov Enterprise Deputy General Designer Oleksandr Kiva told reporters in Kyiv on Monday that Iraqi experts are expected to come to Ukraine this week to take delivery of the first An-32s, and the Ukrainian side is ready to hand over the aircraft.

"Two planes are ready and tested. And we have delivery options for the equipment to discuss with the customer," Kiva said.

He stressed that the Ukrainian side is doing everything possible to keep to the delivery schedule envisaged by the contract.

According to him, four more planes are to be delivered to Iraq by the end of the year.

The contract with Iraq, signed in 2009, envisages the delivery of more than 400 pieces of armor in the next three-and-a-half years, including BTR-4 armored personnel carriers and six An-32 light transport planes, and also the provision of aircraft maintenance services.

Read more: http://www.kyivpost.com/news/nation/detail/98547/#ixzz1FHBQKUTh

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hummm...well, if it wasn't built in USA I don't know that I would want to fly it.... :)

• Upvote 1

Did I miss something? Where is this money coming from to pay for all of this? Are we all being duped. I don't know, but it sure seems that way right now. If the government isn't sat by tomorrow and announced then they will not be a part of the arab league I thought. They must be completed for a month in order to host the Arab Summit coming up. Or are we all wrong? I'm not sure about anything anymore. It seems like the smart people of the world are letting one Dumb A@# call the shots.

• Upvote 2

State-run Antonov State Enterprise (Kyiv) is ready to deliver the first two An-32 light transport aircraft to Iraq this week. The aircraft were constructed in Kyiv as part of a large-scale contract with Iraq on military equipment supplies worth over $500 million.

Antonov Enterprise Deputy General Designer Oleksandr Kiva told reporters in Kyiv on Monday that Iraqi experts are expected to come to Ukraine this week to take delivery of the first An-32s, and the Ukrainian side is ready to hand over the aircraft.

"Two planes are ready and tested. And we have delivery options for the equipment to discuss with the customer," Kiva said.

He stressed that the Ukrainian side is doing everything possible to keep to the delivery schedule envisaged by the contract.

According to him, four more planes are to be delivered to Iraq by the end of the year.

The contract with Iraq, signed in 2009, envisages the delivery of more than 400 pieces of armor in the next three-and-a-half years, including BTR-4 armored personnel carriers and six An-32 light transport planes, and also the provision of aircraft maintenance services.

Read more: http://www.kyivpost.com/news/nation/detail/98547/#ixzz1FHBQKUTh

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hummm...well, if it wasn't built in USA I don't know that I would want to fly it.... :)

Believe it or not, the Soviet Union (and former blocks) built some of finest aircraft. Their designs focused on durability in an all terrain/conditions operations environment.

Antonov cargo aircraft still hold maximum lift payload records dating back to the 1960s.

Where the NATO member countries focused on cutting edge technology, the Russians/allies focused on stable platforms and longevity.

Sorry, I am just an avid aviation history buff.... :)

• Upvote 3

Good point Vast, but with the shortages etc. over there...at least that is what we are hearing...I wonder how they are doing on quality supplies, contractors etc. I hope you are right and that they are still on top of their game...for everyone's sake. Who knows...that may be one of the investments we are looking into...after the RV. B)

• Upvote 1

Did I miss something? Where is this money coming from to pay for all of this? Are we all being duped. I don't know, but it sure seems that way right now. If the government isn't sat by tomorrow and announced then they will not be a part of the arab league I thought. They must be completed for a month in order to host the Arab Summit coming up. Or are we all wrong? I'm not sure about anything anymore. It seems like the smart people of the world are letting one Dumb A@# call the shots.

If I remember correctly from what I read in other articles, they didn't use all of last year's budget on defense spending. They actually had approx. 4 Billion they were allocated but didn't spend for the militay.

• Upvote 1

Believe it or not, the Soviet Union (and former blocks) built some of finest aircraft. Their designs focused on durability in an all terrain/conditions operations environment.

Antonov cargo aircraft still hold maximum lift payload records dating back to the 1960s.

Where the NATO member countries focused on cutting edge technology, the Russians/allies focused on stable platforms and longevity.

Sorry, I am just an avid aviation history buff.... :)

That is exactly why the Iraqi Air Force went with russian helicopters as the work horse. Same technology today as in the 60s and going strong. The Iraqis need dependability and durability, not state of the art aircraft they have no experience maintaining. The cost of instructors and advisors are much more affordable though russia than the US. The Antonov is a much better buy with more bang for the buck.

• Upvote 1

This is what I have been saying.

They are receiving millions daily selling the dinar at auction. They are making even more on oil. Where is the incentive to RV? Just throw a little more dinars at the people (15000 dinar per citizen now), and make sure all foreign companies that win contracts employ a minimum of 50% Iraqi citizens. They admitted their plan in 2008 was to control inflation by holding the exchange rate of the dinar in check with the GDP just like China does. Yes everyone has been yelling at China to revalue for many years now but China refuses saying if they did revalue their country will experience devastating inflation.....I published the Iraq 2009 Economic Plan which states that very fact and I haven't seen any evidence they are wavering from that plan regardless what the pumpers tell us..

• Upvote 1

This is what I have been saying.

They are receiving millions daily selling the dinar at auction. They are making even more on oil. Where is the incentive to RV? Just throw a little more dinars at the people (15000 dinar per citizen now), and make sure all foreign companies that win contracts employ a minimum of 50% Iraqi citizens. They admitted their plan in 2008 was to control inflation by holding the exchange rate of the dinar in check with the GDP just like China does. Yes everyone has been yelling at China to revalue for many years now but China refuses saying if they did revalue their country will experience devastating inflation.....I published the Iraq 2009 Economic Plan which states that very fact and I haven't seen any evidence they are wavering from that plan regardless what the pumpers tell us..

Exactly! No need to RV thanks to oil sales and dinar investors.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You talkin to me? :D Invested then investigated :angry: :angry: :angry::unsure::blink:

Wingsofhope RIGHT you should Change your nome to hope-to-jump-off-the-ship-in-time

You do realize you can sell your dinar for what you bought it at.

Then invest in the US dollar I hear it's doing really well.

Slaydadea- said it right

It's all good guys! Stay Cool! ;)

GO RV / RI