Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

!!!!! The Iraq Briefing Book from UN / World Bank Dec 2010 !!!!

Rayzur

The following link is to the UN World Bank "Iraq Partners Forum".... published apparently in Dec 2010....

Not sure that it is real supportive of the whole RV thing happening anytime real soon... :( There are so many reasons it seems to be important for it to launch sooner than later, and this document looks like its recommending a few additional measures in place before that happens? I'm wondering what some of the Forum folk far better at analysis than I, think of this document relative to what's going on with the RV process?

Thanks ! :)

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/UN-Briefing_Book_English2011.pdf

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 3

From DD:

"Go to page 12 of the PDF (page 11 of the report), where it lists recommendations, directly applicable to Iraqi Dinar Exchange Rates policy. It states:

Continue to adhere to a sound monetary and exchange-rate policy framework. To preserve hard-won gains in disinflation and de-dollarization, an appropriate monetary and exchange-rate policy framework needs to be set in place. In that regard, maintaining a healthy level of international reserves is crucial in preserving the stability of the Iraqi dinar, and in avoiding the resurgence of currency substitution and inflation with accompanying socio-economic effects, particularly on the poor. To address this, monetary authorities should continue to carefully monitor the emergence of possible inflationary pressures in the economy.

This will give you another legitimate view of Iraq from a legitimate monitoring authority."

The fact is, we don't know when it will happen. They have all that is needed to put the RV/RI out so don't worry. It will happen soon. This is nothing new and does not affect us.

The document is a very interesting read. Its basically a how to guide on how to build a country or in Iraq's case rebuild a country. The way the document reads it was done by an outside contracted source hired to review Iraq and make recommendations. The document itself I think encourages a revalue. The key paragraph below indicates they should work toward sound monetary exchange frame work. the document cautions against relying solely on oil and that it must contract for outside support and must develop a strong private sector to be successful. I saw nothing that would indicate delaying an RV. The document spend only a small portion of the 125 pages even talking about finance. It's focus is more on improving internal operations, providing for the people, reforming its banking system, mending disagreements with neighboring countries, and taking care of its people. Actually a good document. Others may have different opinions after they read. thanks for posting

Continue to adhere to a sound monetary and exchange-rate policy framework. To preserve

hard-won gains in disinflation and de-dollarization, an appropriate monetary and exchange-rate

policy framework needs to be set in place. In that regard, maintaining a healthy level of

international reserves is crucial in preserving the stability of the Iraqi dinar, and in avoiding the

resurgence of currency substitution and inflation with accompanying socioeconomic effects,

particularly on the poor. To address this, monetary authorities should continue to carefully

monitor the emergence of possible inflationary pressures in the economy.

The following link is to the UN World Bank "Iraq Partners Forum".... published apparently in Dec 2010....

Not sure that it is real supportive of the whole RV thing happening anytime real soon... :( There are so many reasons it seems to be important for it to launch sooner than later, and this document looks like its recommending a few additional measures in place before that happens? I'm wondering what some of the Forum folk far better at analysis than I, think of this document relative to what's going on with the RV process?

Thanks ! :)

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/UN-Briefing_Book_English2011.pdf

Still have a few things left to take care of?.... Imagine that!... lol I am sure we are closer than we were yesterday.... :)