Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar RV MUST READ

tommyboy

http://www.xe.com/cu...iqd-iraqi-dinar

Something new from this site. Say it isn't true !! (PLEASE).

The question was that second paragraph that wasn't there when I was last on the site about the (lop) and stuff from the CBI. That has been added in the last couple of weeks. Never said anything about lop before.

Edited by tommyboy

That's old news - been around for months. Just think about this. M told Iraqi citizens that the Dinar would be "far more valuable soon". If that's so, then an RV is more likely than an RD (re-denomination). With an RD, the current value of the Dinar would increase 1000 times from $0.00085 to$0.85 per Dinar - 25 Dinars would have the same value as the current 25,000 Dinar notes. Now, M said there would be more value to the new Dinar. We've all heard the $3.22 number and $5.61 as well. Lets assume Iraq does an RD and an RV at the same time. The best they can expect is to restore the Dinar to the old, artificial $3.22 price. So, what would that mean for us and millions of Iraqi citizens? A 378% gain! Far less than one would expect. But if there is no RD then the Dinar can RV for 30 cents and please everyone - especially the GOI. Rather than thinking in terms of an RD, I prefer to believe that the RV will end up being an ADJUSTMENT to bring the DInar in line with the value of other "local" currencies (between 25 and 60 cents), and then climb over time to $3-5 to equal and eventually exceed the value of the Kuwaiti Dinar.

• Upvote 1

The question was that second paragraph that wasn't there when I was last on the site about the (lop) and stuff from the CBI. That has been added in the last couple of weeks. Never said anything about lop before.

It has been saying this for months my friends... No new news here

• Upvote 1

The reference article to this is dated Feb 2010. The only "new" thing I see is that there has been no revlaue in the currency through Jan 2011....

While we are talking drop the zeros... :o:D . I get the whole concept of the 25,000 =25 = the same.... Has anybody said anything as to what they suspect the 500, 250 and 50 notes would be.... Just interested in thoughts anyone might have.... I know no one really knows.... Just curious for sake of discussion about these lower denominations...

I have a few of the new coins.... I think they are 1,5 and 10 dinar....but can't read the numbers so am guessing..... but I know they are new and of much lower denomination....

Thanks for any thoughts..... :)

It has been saying this for months my friends... No new news here

Why does everyone completely avoid this subject as not possible? If they drop the three zeros from the actual currency, you get the typical response as,"there's now way, that would screw the world". Or, that wouldn't help the Iraqi people. Or, that would screw the rest of the world governments....blather blather. You all are fooling yourselves. This is an absolute possibility. Here's why:

Argument 1: If they simply drop the zeros from the currency, then a 25,000 IQD note would become a 25 IQD note. Oh geeze, how could that be since we know that there are 50 IQD notes in circulation. What, are we to assume the 50 IQD bill becomes a .05 IQD note, that note doesn't exist? No, that becomes what's called a Fil. What's a Fil you ask, well it's basically 1000th of a Dinar. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fils_(currency) Which currently exists within the Iraqi currency.

Honestly, hope I'm wrong, this will RV at 3+ and Re-denominate, shedding the zeros off the currency. We all make roughly three times our investment. Sucks, but that's what is likely to happen. Why, do you say? Because it's the cheapest route, simply stated. If the argument is, "they'd be screwing the world if they did that". It's absurd. A 300% return on anyone's money, yours, mine, or any other government's, is a huge return!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just so tired of the what ifs.... I have my own (theory) on the lop, ect... the bottom line is we won't know until it actually happens. I just don't see them introducing new denoms and basically voiding the higher denoms. I see them phasing them out, but what do I know, or what do you know for that matter. I would rather dream about winning the jackpot on my lotto ticket than being happy about just getting a little bit more than my money back, no matter how unrealistic that may be. No one buys a lotto ticket thinking, " I hope I just break even in this and get my dollar back". If that's the case, why cause yourself the extra stress? The odds are way more in your favor with the dinar.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just so tired of the what ifs.... I have my own (theory) on the lop, ect... the bottom line is we won't know until it actually happens. I just don't see them introducing new denoms and basically voiding the higher denoms. I see them phasing them out, but what do I know, or what do you know for that matter. I would rather dream about winning the jackpot on my lotto ticket than being happy about just getting a little bit more than my money back, no matter how unrealistic that may be. No one buys a lotto ticket thinking, " I hope I just break even in this and get my dollar back". If that's the case, why cause yourself the extra stress? The odds are way more in your favor with the dinar.

Agreed!!