Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Medic's Chat: DS - 2/1/2011 (SUMMARY)

ronscarpa

SUMMARY Of: Medic's Chat: DS - 2/1/2011

Highlights/Thoughts

1. The 2nd reading was a surprise

2. Med read that Maliki said he is no longer concerned with the security and other issues

3. With the contradiction by the SFC from their 2006 decision and their current ruling, Parliament should have enough evidence to dissolve the current court and put a new one in

4. Maliki can’t keep his promises and this is why the Kurds and the List have been so determined to make him comply with the agreements from Erbil

5. Next Parliament meeting is Thursday

6. They will discuss the budget and the SFC decision. So, the issue of Maliki being removed is not happening this week

7. There is no secret conspiracy out there. This group in Iraq is inept

8. Shabibi is waiting for some clarification from Parliament, or some action on their part

9. Shabibi has made it clear that the assets of Iraq that are now part of CBI are at risk

10. Those assets are part of the foreign currency reserves that are to cover an RV

11. The government is ratified already

12. Maliki used proxies for the unfilled ministry seats and they were dumb enough to accept it

13. Parliament bit on his promise and, as usual, he hasn’t kept it

14. If Iraq leaves the DFI protection without a foreign exchange currency, it would be devastating for them

15. The creditors would have no choice but to raid the assets of Iraq

16. CW stated that they would ratify the budget this week in the news

17. The budget must first be read 3 times and then be published in the Gazette

18. Need to follow the budget

19. The SFC is also important

20. If they move on them to dissolve the SFC, this is a key to what will happen to Maliki

21. If they only give lip service, then Maliki is safe

23. Need to watch for Maliki and Allawi to meet. This could be a key to diverting serious trouble

24. Both could resolve things

Posted by justwaitingforit

• Upvote 2

DFI is protection by the UN to stop worldwide creditors from seizing Iraq's assets. That protection was extended by the UNSC until June 30 so it's everyone's thinking that the RV has to happen before then so Iraq has the ability to pay and/or negotiate with its creditors.

DFI is protection by the UN to stop worldwide creditors from seizing Iraq's assets. That protection was extended by the UNSC until June 30 so it's everyone's thinking that the RV has to happen before then so Iraq has the ability to pay and/or negotiate with its creditors.

Still not sure why they need a tradeable currency to settle with creditors after June 30th, won't they have all the DFI funds in which to pay them back.

I have a question, who takes control of the DFI fund on June 30th, is it the GOI or the CBI?

I would think the GOI.

Still not sure why they need a tradeable currency to settle with creditors after June 30th, won't they have all the DFI funds in which to pay them back.

I have a question, who takes control of the DFI fund on June 30th, is it the GOI or the CBI?

I would think the GOI.

For a country that intends to become a Sovereign nation, I am sure they're looking to gain some value on their currency & have it internationally traded. Barrels of oil are sold in USD, and I am sure that GOI wants to use that USD to pay their bills. But they are about to do some major importing of goods & services to rebuild their nation. Would they really wish to continue spending millions, billions, and trillions to get their achievements done? A revalue would reduce the amount of currency paid to those. They have debts that they're trying to pay off.. I believe they're focusing on settling indifferences with Kuwait. I like hearing about that, because they're likely pushing Iraq to RV as well. Heck! Kuwait did it, and look at their country. That's a constant reminder to the GOI on how they should push for an improvement of their currency.

Imagine this....

Your Government makes a lot of $$ via Oil... You turn that USD into Dinar.. But you get a lot of dinar per usd. Let's say 3 to 1.

You turn that 3 to buy goods/services.... Increased buying power.. For purchasing, goods, services & paying off debts. (But this is just my speculation).

Ever had a broke friend who owes you money come across a lot of money? What's your first thing your going to do when they get access to those funds. Ask for payment...