Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The IQD, which has been static on ForEx, miraculously went live today

davidsto

I understand the link that was posted takes you to forex but doesn't show any current updates.....BUT if you try this link shows time and rate

http://www.forex.tradingcharts.com/chart/US%20Dollar_Iraqi%20Dinar.html

I check this daily and have never seen it monitored like this. I guess this is streaming Live. Does this mean it is traded internationally?

even though Forex is offline right now for another 2 hours, if the RV did already occur it should be posted on the CBI, no?

The problem is that noone knows. A lot of folks say the CBI has to post it first. Think about this logically, why would the cbi post it first, giving even a few hours notice on the CBI website would leave them exposed fiscally. We have NO BLUEPRINT for how something like this is going to roll out.

All we can do is watch.

The forex change this week is a Dirty Float in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

1) The IQD is NOT being "traded" on Forex yet. It is merely getting live updates like the other currencies. (which is a new occurrence!) The only movement you see is from the other currency it is paired with.

2) The Sydney session starts Forex trading and opens at 5pm. So nothing will happen until then at the earliest. I dont expect anything then. I will be looking at the New York or London sessions.

3) CBI website is notorious for slow updates. I wont count on seeing a rate change there first.

4) XE and other currency exchange sites only update once a day. In other words, there is a big difference between live streaming forex sites like Netdania, and simple currency converter!

• Upvote 2

1) The IQD is NOT being "traded" on Forex yet. It is merely getting live updates like the other currencies. (which is a new occurrence!) The only movement you see is from the other currency it is paired with.

2) The Sydney session starts Forex trading and opens at 5pm. So nothing will happen until then at the earliest. I dont expect anything then. I will be looking at the New York or London sessions.

3) CBI website is notorious for slow updates. I wont count on seeing a rate change there first.

4) XE and other currency exchange sites only update once a day. In other words, there is a big difference between live streaming forex sites like Netdania, and simple currency converter!

I think the Sydney market is open now?

Sorry if it came across different than I intended...I wasnt implying all Dinar investors are expecting a Brinks truck out front loaded with greenbacks. I understand that most of this will all be done electronically and I know people are going to leave their money in the bank if not for any other reason than security. What I was alluding to is how the economy of Iraq will do with the massive trade ins. Can they sustain it? Will the rush of trade ins DEvalue the IQD or perhaps destroy their fragile economy?

I believe that if you let the free market determine the

value of the Dinar, you would find it reaching values

higher than anyone would expect in the event of a RV.

Just based on Iraq's oil, the growth that is scheduled

in infrastructure, and all of the outside money that would

flow in from investors looking to plant a Mc donalds on

every corner.

The charts show change last week, but in the change column its all zeros, unlike all other currency pairs. IQD is not being traded live on forex or between banks, but something appears to be brewing.

No proof Trump owns IQD.

Exactly right on both accounts.We'll see.Hoping for the Best.

Sorry if it came across different than I intended...I wasnt implying all Dinar investors are expecting a Brinks truck out front loaded with greenbacks. I understand that most of this will all be done electronically and I know people are going to leave their money in the bank if not for any other reason than security. What I was alluding to is how the economy of Iraq will do with the massive trade ins. Can they sustain it? Will the rush of trade ins DEvalue the IQD or perhaps destroy their fragile economy?

Good points.

Somebody will have to help me with this one. When I first read the post I didn't find the situation all that unusual. I'm no currency expert but I check another exchange site, xe.com, several times a day. It certainly isn't unusual to see the USD/IQD pair vary from the auction rate. I have seen it as high as1/1159 and as low as 1/1185. It also seems to adjust several times during the day. Is this a different situation than the changes noted by this original post? Now I'm intrigued by how many people seem to find this information so unusual and positive. I've never been a regular forex.com follower so maybe it is. What is the difference between forex.com and xe.com that makes this such a unique circumstance? Does it matter that the USD/IQD has routinely vaired from the official auction rate on xe.com? I just don't understand.