Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IQD Changes on FOREX overnight !

diligent1

If its not being traded where do they get their values?

Its a value that is a fixed "Peg rate" to the USD. It currently has whats best desribed as a floor and a ceiling. It can only go so high and so low, its fixed in a band of certain values.

It never use to update more than 3 or 4 times a day because there was no need, it had no way of going higher or lower than the preset numbers.

It appears now that fixed peg may have change to a float. Certain floats offer that same floor and ceiling protection so you wont see the value change much at all, at least not the way we want it too. In order to have a "float", currency needs to be internationally traded. So this change is odd because it isnt INTL traded.

However, given that it APPEARS to have changed status somehow, it gives one room to speculate as to what their intentions were.

I think its safe to say that they've set the stage for a value change of some sort, now that its updating more consistantely with other currencies, almost like its being traded, they can just plug in a new value and its done. When and how much is yet to be determined.

THIS IS JUST MY SPECULATION nothing more. Hope that makes sense.

• Upvote 3

some of you people need to read the WHOLE thread. Stop asking questions that have already been answered day in and day out every day.

It's NOT being traded

It's moving against other currencies.

I have read the "whole" thread. But I am unfamiliar with the Forex.....Soooooo....if you don't mind....Please esplain Lucy.

You say it's moving against other currencies. I only have it paired with the US dollar, not "other currencies". Just one. So, seriously, and with kidgloves, what do you mean it is "moving against other currencies". Certainly there are others on here who have read the whole thread and are not picking up what you are saying. This forum is for sharing and learning. Please esplain. Thank you kindly in advance.

• Upvote 4

I think it's a great catch. And I appreciate you posting it. At this point the rate does not matter until it actually RV's from the CBI. But to watch it in action on the market gives it, like someone pointed out "a heart beat". This baby is alive. Now just waiting for it to "KICK"! Thanks again.

Maybe someone should give that baby a quick slap on the butt to get it breathing!!!

• Upvote 2

Assuming the +/- 2% parameters of a managed float being offered by previous posters are correct, it should stay in the regime of about 1146 to 1193, plus or minus a couple of decimal points. If it goes outside that, and stays there, maybe something else is going on.

• Upvote 1

The change being discussed has nothing to do with the change in value

It is the change in the TREND that is interesting.

This is a change as to the frequency of update on forex sites.

The flutcuation of the IQD value VS the USD can be seen more often, so yes, the value of the dollar shown on USDindex is reflected on the USD/IQD pairings. You can even notice that when the usd has dropped in the last 2 days since the IQD started reporting more multiple times a day, that the IQD also gained slightly against it.

There are other trends that have shown changes in trend value wise in this same 2 day period. The EUR/IQD has gone flat since yesterday at about the same time the IQD started this new trend.

also some slight changes in the USD/JOD and USD/BHD trends (Jordan and Bahrain) in the value, not big changes in the value, but slight changes in the trend over the same 2 day period.

Just an observation and I am not making any assumptions, but interesting none the least

THANK YOU RVDINAR4MYFAMILY!!!! PEOPLE JUST DONT LISTEN.......

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Keylime,

It's certainly NOT being traded... so where do you think the fluctuations are coming from?

I'm just sick of all the new threads of newbies saying "it's listed at 1166, not 1170... what gives?? RV?!?". It's a daily occurrence. It's explained each and every time, yet still is asked every single day.

Like others have said... it's not about where it's moving to... it's that it's moving more often (faster refresh rates).

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

some of you people need to read the WHOLE thread. Stop asking questions that have already been answered day in and day out every day.

It's NOT being traded

It's moving against other currencies.

Thank you Audi. :) Correct. It isn't traded and I do not see why

anything should be read into these daily fluctuations. As far as trend goes,

hard to have a trend when it is not traded, but there is some data. The chart that comes up on oanda

typically shows the same action it has had for a long time, between 1146 or so back up to

and higher at 1175 +

But I guess if one wanted to read something more into it, one could. I attached the oanda

30 day chart. I edited it and placed the lower and upper ranges shown between

1146 and 1175 according to their site. Numbers from oanda today:

Selling 1.00000 USD

you get 1,160.17 IQD

Buying 1.00000 USD

you pay 1,193.45 IQD

Next is info. from http://www.forexpros.com/currencies/usd-iqd

Bid: 1147.40

Ask: 1191.40

Open: 1169.78

High: 1182.60

Low: 1168.60

Nothing abnormal as far as ranges, other than it is nice to see lower numbers

like 1147 of course, but staying in range.

All my best!

Jim

---

post-26210-129564677053_thumb.png

Keylime,

It's certainly NOT being traded... so where do you think the fluctuations are coming from?

I'm just sick of all the new threads of newbies saying "it's listed at 1166, not 1170... what gives?? RV?!?". It's a daily occurrence. It's explained each and every time, yet still is asked every single day.

Like others have said... it's not about where it's moving to... it's that it's moving more often (faster refresh rates).

Gotcha ya. That's is what I was saying. "It is moving more often....faster refresh rates". That's why I am watching this. The rate isn't going to change significantly until it RV's. Period. And I don't think that is going to happen until a Minister of Security is in place. whenever that happens, I look for it to RV soon after. In the meantime, this is a fun change to watch.

Keylime,

You hit the nail on the head. This thread has actually been pretty good though. Most folks have been programmed so when the see a forex title, they simply think about a value change, However, many of us have stated, this COULD be a rather important change that is unrelated to its current value.

A new rate just cant show up on a Forex one day without some preparation in the forex system. I think its just that, preparation for things to come. When and how much? Noone knows, it just appears the system may be preparing for some sort of change. Thats all this entire thread means.

• Upvote 2