Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IQD Changes on FOREX overnight !

diligent1

Don't know why it is live but the fluctuation is probably because of the value of the dollar moving against the Dinar which may be fairly stable right now. Might not be that the dinar is actually moving at all. You know how worthless our dollar keeps getting.

Does anybody know why it wasn't live before and now it is? Thanks.

You got whats important. The value isnt what is interesting, its the frequency in which it has been updating overnight. That is what is interesting. Watch the below link as well.

Ignore the value, IT HASNT CHANGED. Watch the time stamp column for IQD on the right side of this chart. That use to update 3 or 4 times a day. As of lastnight, its been updating about every 10 min to an hour at the most.

Does it mean anything? I have no idea. I know Phantom rider and I have both noticed some weird status changes on different forex sites this week. No, NOT VALUE CHANGES, just minor changes in different status topics from other sites, Anyway, I guess it worth watching if you into keeping up with Forex sites.

http://www.netdania.com/Products/live-streaming-currency-rates-foreign-exchange/real-time-quotes/QuoteList.aspx?m=q

Don't know why it is live but the fluctuation is probably because of the value of the dollar moving against the Dinar which may be fairly stable right now. Might not be that the dinar is actually moving at all. You know how worthless our dollar keeps getting.

Nope. I thought that was the case but I went to my forex program and paired the IQD/EUR and the changes were the same and happened at the same time.

If it were just changes in the USD that would not have changed so the change was in the IQD...not the USD.

Try it yourself and see watch the Euro paired to the IQD.

Edited by jack

You got whats important. The value isnt what is interesting, its the frequency in which it has been updating overnight. That is what is interesting. Watch the below link as well.

Ignore the value, IT HASNT CHANGED. Watch the time stamp column for IQD on the right side of this chart. That use to update 3 or 4 times a day. As of lastnight, its been updating about every 10 min to an hour at the most.

Does it mean anything? I have no idea. I know Phantom rider and I have both noticed some weird status changes on different forex sites this week. No, NOT VALUE CHANGES, just minor changes in different status topics from other sites, Anyway, I guess it worth watching if you into keeping up with Forex sites.

http://www.netdania.com/Products/live-streaming-currency-rates-foreign-exchange/real-time-quotes/QuoteList.aspx?m=q

I am unable to see the IDQ on Forex. What gives?

I am unable to see the IDQ on Forex. What gives?

I just checked and the link works for me. Its java based so it takes a minute to load as its live. Once it opens, look at the bottom, you will see I have Oil, IQD and KD saved in this view at the very bottom once it opens and runs. Im not a computer geek so other than that, I dont know what your issue could be. Sorry.

Interesting. Seems to have been depegged from a fixed to floating as of Jan 20th....and strengthening, albeit slightly, since. This would be worth monitoring closely. Keep in mind, however, that cbi.iq official rate still shows 1170 1168 as of Jan 21st.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

This is HUGE news! It's not the current value that's important. Forex changed the IQD yesterday - instead of it being a static "pegged" amount, it's now floating. There was a great chat very late last night on "another" site by Joe P where he explained that the Forex systems are pinging the rate back and forth. Last night the IQD experienced more activity in a few hours than it normally has in 4 days.

Now all they have to do is drop in a new rate :lol:

• Upvote 1

Interesting. Seems to have been depegged from a fixed to floating as of Jan 20th....and strengthening, albeit slightly, since. This would be worth monitoring closely. Keep in mind, however, that cbi.iq official rate still shows 1170 1168 as of Jan 21st.

I agree, the rate is not what is interesting about this change. Although I wish it was but bottom line, its not the rate that is noticable here, its the update times. Phantom caught the peg status change this week. One starts to wonder about seeing a peg change this week that really was strange but otherwise insignificant, and now this. A speculators dream I guess. lol Anyway, I agree, I hope all spend the time to read what the change is instead of trying to make something of the rate, that has NOT CHANGED.

Not sure. Looks like it was floating before but, for some reason, it has seen a great deal of activity starting back around 1/9. I was not able to find iqd on the netdania site but have included a link to an advanced chart in forexpros that shows the history. You can manipulate the time frames to get a better view. Historical data is also there. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a great thing as it shows a LOT of activity in the currency in a very recent time frame. Stuff is definitely happening. I am a little concerned that they are floating these values around pre-RV but the fact iqd is not openly traded still gives us hope.

http://www.forexpros.com/currencies/usd-iqd-advanced-chart