Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Stop Buying Dinar

tjmunson

I found this few years ago. It was posted on the forum of PR, and always has been deleted. I dont know why.

May be is true.

Posted by Shajee (202.163.115.205) on 15:52:52 11/22/04

In Reply to: Re: Iraqi Dinar posted by warren mosler

The Iraqi Dinar Future Investment Prospects

Every second person Tom **** and Harry right from uneducated cooks, waiters, taxi drivers, masons, carpenters, house wifes and you name them through out the world talking seriously to invest in Iraqi Dinar.

Now what is the future prospects in investing in Iraqi Dinar ??

This is a BIG QUESTION for the very reason that there are multiple factors involved, where the future value of new Iraqi Dinar drifts North or South, economist and mathematicians may jointly come up to design a differential equation with multiple variables projecting the future value of Iraqi Dinar.

Out of these multiple variables three variable are very important:

(a) The time factor

(B) The number of notes in circulation.

© The number of currency notes printed

Every prospective investor gives example of Kuwaiti Dinar appreciation.

Kuwaiti Dinar and Iraqi Dinar have two different stories, relating to the three variable mentioned here above.

AA) In 1990 after the invasion of Kuwait by Iraq Kuwaiti Dinar plunged almost as low as

around US 1 cent, after the return of Kingdom what happened

(1) The New currency was printed which replaced the Old Currency notes

(2) The Time Factor: The Kingdom return home in a very short time

(3) The number of Currency Notes in Circulation: During this short transition time period there was no printing of Old Kuwaiti currency notes, which would cause inflation

(4) The Old currency notes were replaced by equivalent New currency notes, the new currency notes in circulation remained the same as they were before the invasion of Kuwait by Iraq in 1990.

(5) On return of Kingdom, Kuwaiti Dinar re-gained its value as it was before the invasion.

This is not in the case of Iraqi Dinar, let see,

BB)

(1) The Time Factor: From 1990 to until Fall of Saddam Empire it is almost 12 years.

(2) During this long time period un-accounted large number of currency notes were printed, caused inflation, resulting in devaluation of Iraqi Dinar where it stands today.

(3) The New Iraqi Dinar has only replaced by the Old Iraqi currency notes, hence the number of currency notes in circulation remains the same in trillions created by the out going Saddam.

In light of above presentation, do not see any future prospects of investors in Iraqi Dinar, can possibly look forward for any appreciations in Iraqi Dinar value, unless notes in circulation are reduced.

In the region three countries changed their currency:

(1) Kuwait

(2) Afghanistan

(3) Iraq

In the process of change of currency of Afghani three zeros were deleted, thinking that this may revalue the Afghani, the Afghanistan currency did not revalued, only thing happened the consumer buyer now carries few currency notes instead of huge bundles of notes, otherwise the Afghani currency value in terms of U.S.Dollars other currencies stands were it was.

Regards

Shajee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Mazinger
  • Upvote 1

You and 10,000 other people think the same thing...

"My measly 1 mil isnt going to make a difference.."

10,000 people buying that million... well, thats 10 BILLION dinar..

Each person does make a difference.

TOTALLY AGREED!!! As much as I would like to buy more and the "hoping" of being rich overnight is an awesome thought... kinda like winning the lottery... my friend and I split of the cost of 250,000 dinar. I don't want to be greedy, I would love millions, but the thought of $125,000 or even less would be amazing!!! A new car, school paid for, my credit cards paid off, and maybe a bad ass trip to Vegas... THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!! Not bad at 27yo...

Supply and demand is an economic model of price determination in a market. It concludes that in a competitive market, the unit price for a particular good will vary until it settles at a point where the quantity demanded by consumers (at current price) will equal the quantity supplied by producers (at current price), resulting in an economic equilibrium of price and quantity.

The four basic laws of supply and demand are [1]

1.If demand increases and supply remains unchanged then higher equilibrium price and quantity.

2.If demand decreases and supply remains the same then lower equilibrium price and quantity.

3.If supply increases and demand remains unchanged then lower equilibrium price and higher quantity.

4.If supply decreases and demand remains the same then higher price and lower quantity.

What would be the effect if everyone stopped buying dinar? As long as there is a profitable market for it and Iraq is making a ton of money selling it where is the sense of urgency to reval?

Don't tear me apart too much. It was just a thought and I wanted some feedback....Thanks

:o YOU LIVE IN THE WORST STATE FOR TAXES! AND YOU TALK ABOUT SUPPLY AND DEMAND AND YOU STILL LIVE THERE???? Come on....telling people to stop buying?? if this thing only even out at 1-1.....yours will be .50-1 when your democrats up there take half your money!.....I dont believe the problem is people buying dinar...the only ones making money are the traders! Just wondering how much you already have bought??? Are you part of the problem you explained.......you explain captialism very well, but you continue to live in a socalist state!!!! are you going to move before you cash in????? have you thought about that?

TOTALLY AGREED!!! As much as I would like to buy more and the "hoping" of being rich overnight is an awesome thought... kinda like winning the lottery... my friend and I split of the cost of 250,000 dinar. I don't want to be greedy, I would love millions, but the thought of $125,000 or even less would be amazing!!! A new car, school paid for, my credit cards paid off, and maybe a bad ass trip to Vegas... THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!! Not bad at 27yo...

wow are you in a "tax-free state"? Here in Calif, I'll be looking at kissing 50% away. :angry:

I REALLY HATE TO BE NEGITIVE HOWEVER I SPOKE WITH 2 FAMILY MEMEBERS THAT WORK FOR WELLS FARGO AND BANK OF AMERICA, OVER IN MAIMI, FL . I ASKED THEM BOTH IF THEY HAVE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THE DINAR AND THEY BOTH SAID "NO" THEY HAVENT HEARD ANYTHING , THEY BOTH SAID THEY HAVENT EVEN SEEN ANYONE BUY ANY???? DONT GET ME WRONG I INVESTED A GOOD SHARE OF MONEY INTO THIS AND I WANT THIS TO GO THREW AS MUCH AS ANYONE THAT IS READING THIS POST DOES!!! I JUST FIND IT ODD THAT MY OTHER SOURCES TELL ME THAT ITS A DONE DEAL AND WE WILL HAVE OUR RATE ON TUESDAY OR WEDNSDAY THIS WEEK. IN ADDITION TO ALL THIS FOREX JUST POSTED THEIR RATES AND ITS STLL $1168.00. IS THEIR ANYONE OUT THEIR THAT CAN CONFIRM WHAT MY FAMILY MEMEBERS HAVE TOLD ME?

FOREX IN EUROPE JUST POSTED @ 1107.85 LIVE RATE.. NOT GOOD

How about we make this this the message for the New Year! (I would love to hear how this is bad) Buy all of the dinar you want, for whatever reason you want. Just be sure to get about 1169 IQD for each dollar you spend. DO NOT waste your money making others rich. There are a few ways to buy at the actual exchange rate. Some ways will even pay you 7% interest. If you keep your expenses on price premiums, extra services, or anything else low, you will have MORE DINAR.

I REALLY HATE TO BE NEGITIVE HOWEVER I SPOKE WITH 2 FAMILY MEMEBERS THAT WORK FOR WELLS FARGO AND BANK OF AMERICA, OVER IN MAIMI, FL . I ASKED THEM BOTH IF THEY HAVE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THE DINAR AND THEY BOTH SAID "NO" THEY HAVENT HEARD ANYTHING , THEY BOTH SAID THEY HAVENT EVEN SEEN ANYONE BUY ANY???? DONT GET ME WRONG I INVESTED A GOOD SHARE OF MONEY INTO THIS AND I WANT THIS TO GO THREW AS MUCH AS ANYONE THAT IS READING THIS POST DOES!!! I JUST FIND IT ODD THAT MY OTHER SOURCES TELL ME THAT ITS A DONE DEAL AND WE WILL HAVE OUR RATE ON TUESDAY OR WEDNSDAY THIS WEEK. IN ADDITION TO ALL THIS FOREX JUST POSTED THEIR RATES AND ITS STLL $1168.00. IS THEIR ANYONE OUT THEIR THAT CAN CONFIRM WHAT MY FAMILY MEMEBERS HAVE TOLD ME?

FOREX IN EUROPE JUST POSTED @ 1107.85 LIVE RATE.. NOT GOOD

Your problem is that you are reporting straight from the horses mouth. The way that this should go is that you heard from "friends" of 2 family members that work at the banks. The reality is that no one on these sites has a clue as to when this is going to happen. Only a few people do and they are not in this country. No one in Iraq is sitting there worried about "investors" in any othe country. It will happen when it happens. I've had my dinar for 1 1/2 years and know others who have had theirs for 4+ years. What we hear now is really no differenet that what we heard 1 1/2 years ago and then 4 years ago. The main difference now is that chapter 7 sanctions seem to be lifted. It feels different now that something everyone said had to happen has happened, but there is no new proof that the RV is iminent.

Edited by egbert
  • Upvote 1

Yeah ! Everyone stop buying Dinar.....that leaves more for me. (muahaha......rubs hands together in fiendish way)

But seriously....I see where you're coming from, but I hold the exact opposite opinion.

Every Dinar that we purchase is a small portion of Iraqs future wealth that we are exporting out of Iraq.

Why in the world Iraq hasn't but the kibosh on overseas investors, is beyond me. I believe the continued siphoning

of Iraqs future wealth puts more pressure on them, and that reduced buying would actually give them more time and less

urgency. (not that I know anything about economics)

• Upvote 1

Supply and demand is an economic model of price determination in a market. It concludes that in a competitive market, the unit price for a particular good will vary until it settles at a point where the quantity demanded by consumers (at current price) will equal the quantity supplied by producers (at current price), resulting in an economic equilibrium of price and quantity.

1.If demand increases and supply remains unchanged then higher equilibrium price and quantity.

2.If demand decreases and supply remains the same then lower equilibrium price and quantity.

3.If supply increases and demand remains unchanged then lower equilibrium price and higher quantity.

4.If supply decreases and demand remains the same then higher price and lower quantity.

What would be the effect if everyone stopped buying dinar? As long as there is a profitable market for it and Iraq is making a ton of money selling it where is the sense of urgency to reval?

Don't tear me apart too much. It was just a thought and I wanted some feedback....Thanks

Currencies don't behave in the same manner that stocks do. Supply and demand have little to do with an RV rate. I suggest getting started at FOREX and open a free practice account for some experience...

• Upvote 2

Currencies don't behave in the same manner that stocks do. Supply and demand have little to do with an RV rate. Were talking about one of the richest countries in the world, with no INTERNAL debt (not like the U.S. where it's in the trillions of dollars). They have an estimated 35 trillion barrels of oil in the ground, that they know of, and the 4th largest supplier of natural gas. They also have at least 16 tons of Gold in their reserves and enough hard currency in reserve to support a rate of $5.00. Currencies are supported by available wealth, exports( and debt and inflation ratios- All as I mentioned are little to none.)

All this info I found here on DV.. Spend some time in our archives and pick up on all the factors in building Iraq and the RV...

• Upvote 2

You re very correct, but vast wealth being available to myself, family and friends out weighs the want and needs of others. Sorry but millions of people asking for this doe's not concern me, but my family's well being does.

Some what agree in principal

well zantac, i will stop when i have enough , to tell someone to stop investing in something is ludicrous at best. Invest what you can afford peeps, make you own decisions.

Some what agree in principal?

On this one why quote me?

Secondly what is enough?

Last but not least you should grab hold of the good book & read all about the word GREED

Davina below is your little bit of wisdom, below that is mine

Happiness resides not in possessions and not in gold; the feeling of happiness dwells in the soul. :lol:

“It is greed to do all the talking but not to want to listen at all”

Edited by zantac
  • Upvote 1

:woot::twothumbs::tiphat::D

Dont know if I agree or disagree I think when they have sold enough then and only then the dinar reval will be announced I am new here but I've been buying a little at a time for years and I say the more the merrier as the price will be set on how much they wanted to sell not how many buy......All the speculation, comments and requests aren't going to change the fact THEY ARE GOING UP!!!!!!!

Lets all just remember what this BS is doing to help our economy and relax there's enough dinar for all of us.

These are nice ideas but they are opinions and conjecture- not proof of anything. From where I sit, I do not think the speculation market is what is driving the Central Bank of Iraq's decision making. They know how much dinar is in their vault. They know how much dinar has been printed. They know how much dinar is out of the country and they are willing to allow out of the country. They have a plan. This is not fly by the seat of their pants and wait to see what we small speculators in America are willing to buy. They have a plan to tame inflation. A plan to improve the economy. A plan over exchange rates for the dinar, economic policy for the country of Iraq, etc etc etc. Shabibi and the economic powers running the CBI are very smart and have been executing a plan for a good number of years. I feel its a little short sighted to believe they didnt account for speculation or speculators in their overall picture. Go to the CBI website and take a look at Shabibi's background and accolades. www.cbi.iq And he isnt the only one working on this. This thing is incredibly humungous and the people running it have incredible intellect and have very laid out plans & expectations. From where I sit- the speculation market is NOT determining the CBI's actions and a boycott on buying Dinar from DV folks and/ or the American dinar owning community is NOT going to change the planning nor the action of the CBI. In fact it is the opposite. It is because of the CBI and what they are doing and trying to accomplish and the very definition of who and what they are that has CREATED the speculation market . They accounted for this. This is part of the plan. Also see presidential order 13303. Again part of the plan. Just one man's opinion. <Hey Bro>

Great post, and you are spot on! People on here think that the Iraqi government does not know what they are doing, but nothing could be further from the truth. There is already a date and a rate ( IMHO ), and the time, for whatever reason, is just not here, yet! Their plan has been in the making for years.