Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar RV @ $.86 USD

downineasttx

Just dont think Iraq can be competitive at .86. This country has the most of what EVERYONE wants.. yet Kuwait will stay at 3.55 and the bigger, more resource rich country will be at .86?? Still doesnt make sense to me. I think people are looking at that rate due to the low value of the dinar in its current status. rather than looking at the overall picture..

Just my .02

Kuwait is an extremely wealthy country and has only 2.6 million people as compared to more than 30 million in Iraq, while producing roughly the same amount of oil daily. There are no poor Kuwaitis, while the poverty rate in Iraq is nearly 30%. There's just no comparing the two countries or their currencies. At some point in the distant future Iraq may vastly improve its economic status, but it's not going to happen overnight. They have no exports other than oil and gas, and are totally dependent on other countries for everything they consume.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hi everyone,

I'm just a greenhorn learning about this stuff but I'm pretty sure that even a modest RV like .86 would likely be the most radically successful investment of our lives. It might not make as many 'millionaires' (personally I never wanted to be on the cover of the Rolling Stone) but with modest common sense efforts anyone should be able to do something good from something that was bloody ugly and bad. I pray that enough people can deal with this stuff with enough grace, dignity and respect that our families and friends will honor us, that's what true wealth is really all about.

• Upvote 2

I have not been in this long but I have always heard talk of a RV of around the same as the Kuwait Dinar and now there the talk of it coming so much lower at the .86 mark....is this realistic or just more guess work?

It's all guess work outside of the facts... ;)

I like the $3 range, like Kuwait. BUT, after living here in Kuwait for 1 1/2 yrs, I think the .85 may be the FIRST step. This is ONLY because of the denominations that are out there. Here we have 1/4 KD and the biggest is a 20 KD (bills), and it suits fine with purchasing anything. ALSO, the fil is not obsolete here, as it is in Iraq, so it makes for easy change and low counting. If Iraq came in at $3 per dinar with only the denoms they have now, it would suck GREATLY because there would be no change. I dont think they would care initially, but it would wreak havoc just as if there were NO 000 denoms in country AT ALL. I could see them purchasing large quantities of groceries and things with only big bills, it just seems stupid and more trouble. I hope it starts out at .85 because that is where you would need to begin issuing new lower denoms to account for the new stronger purchasing power. Then, go on up to Kuwait value, and then I will cash in the other half of my dinar!

I have not been in this long but I have always heard talk of a RV of around the same as the Kuwait Dinar and now there the talk of it coming so much lower at the .86 mark....is this realistic or just more guess work?

Many people are going to respond to this by saying nobody knows. But, the truth is, there is a formula that is used to calculate a suitable range for an exchange rate of any country. It is very complex. It takes into account many factors such as GDP, Oil prices per barrel (for Iraq), imports and exports, just to name a few. There are many, many more factors that are considered by a country when they are calculating their possible exchange rate. The "country" is in charge of that rate, and noone else.

The Free Market will determine the value of the dinar, just like it does the value of every other currency .... $0.86 is going to be at the high end of what we see in our pockets .... IMO I think it'll be closer to the $0.20 - $0.30 range and gradually go up IF Iraq ....

- maintains/improves their standing in the world community

- maintains independence and their current political status

- generates more revenue from their oil

- works out existing issues with Kurdistan region and Kuwait

- gets foreign investors actually building and putting money into the economy

Don't beleive all the $3.00 rv hype .... the only ones benefitting from that are the dealers and their pumpers :)

• Upvote 2

Remember, we are waiting for Iraq... logic does not enter the equation.

The Free Market will determine the value of the dinar, just like it does the value of every other currency .... $0.86 is going to be at the high end of what we see in our pockets .... IMO I think it'll be closer to the $0.20 - $0.30 range and gradually go up IF Iraq ....

Don't beleive all the $3.00 rv hype .... the only ones benefitting from that are the dealers and their pumpers :)

I agree with the good Captain's logic but not his assessment. IMHO, if Iraq comes out too low (less than a dollar) then they will spotlight themselves even more and foreign investors will flood their market and make life a bit uncomfortable. However, if they come out around the range, maybe even a little higher than most would expect but still be comfortable with, of other global currencies (like the euro, dollar, and others), they will be able to stave off the majority of investors while ensuring only the "big boys" can play in the sand box. If it comes out too high (see TK or Okie threads for stratospheric rates of choice), the rest of the kids on the playground will tell Iraq to take their ball and go home!

One word...........speculation!!!........thats what this is all about people.We all know in our bones that this is going to happen.When and How much????.............here's that word again....speculation!!

Just keep yer stick on the ice.......keep er between the ditches.....and KNOW that it is coming........eventually!! ;)

Cheers,

Sparky

I can say with relative certainty that the RV, or some form of revaluation of the IQD (and even most other currencies), will happen between now and eternity at a rate between negative and positive infinity. It is amazing to me some of the things I read and some of the rumors flying around. What I do truly value though are the logical posts providing insight and un-hyped (new word) data. Truth is that none of us know and we all want it as soon as possible. My personal belief is that it will happen (otherwise I probably wouldn't be here) and I, like everyone else, am waiting as patiently as possible. GO RV!!!! and God Bless our troops stationed over there!

• 2 months later...

[. While My bank account is the same I am richer for my time spent on this forum. I've learned a little about foreign currency, a ltlle more about the middle east and a lot about people. Just my 23.4 dinar :)

Keep truckin' fellow texan

Tevye02

Awesome way of thinking, I would say I am rowing the same boat, all kind of education on this elevator, great positive words.

Hi everyone,

I'm just a greenhorn learning about this stuff but I'm pretty sure that even a modest RV like .86 would likely be the most radically successful investment of our lives. It might not make as many 'millionaires' (personally I never wanted to be on the cover of the Rolling Stone) but with modest common sense efforts anyone should be able to do something good from something that was bloody ugly and bad. I pray that enough people can deal with this stuff with enough grace, dignity and respect that our families and friends will honor us, that's what true wealth is really all about.

Eloquently stated -- beautiful sentiments. Blessings to all.

• Upvote 1

Well, the free market usually determines the value of currencies, but not always. Take China for example. Theirs is kept artificially low these days. That has led to other countries following suit. But generally speaking you're right and I believe that will be the case eventually with the dinar, although I think it would be crazy to subject the dinar to market forces until things stabilize and security isn't such an issue. If they were to free float the dinar at this point their currency would tank every time a bomb goes off and spike on every good oil production report, creating too much volatility. I think it will take several years for them to stabilize to that extent. And while I think your range is a tad low, I wouldn't be surprised to see $.30. It's certainly more believable than $3.00 out of the gate. For those of you who think that big money would gobble up the dinar at anything below a dollar, just ask yourself "would I buy dinar at 25 cents, 50 cents, 75 cents ... ?" I know I wouldn't.

Uless your sleeping with Shabibi you will never know until it happens.

If you go by past recommendations It could be $3.22 & 20%

Less than a dollar would be economicly bad news for Iraq and

I don't be leave A wise Economist like Shabibi would make that mistake.

And the Number One reason for at LEAST a Dollar is PRIDE among their fellow ME Countries.

They have a great deal pride in their decisions most times defying logic.

Which I have seen so many times over the last 7 years I've lost count.

If I had a Dollar for each arrogant pride full fight they have had I would not need an RV/ RI

We'll know for sure if and when it happens, but ,86 would be a phenomenal return of 860 times the original value. I for one am not going to be even slightly unhappy if it RV's at that rate. JUST DO IT already. :o

Agreed..... 0.86 with NO LOP would be fantastic.