Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

It's called CHRISTMAS!!!

carlablum

I get so tired of people saying Happy Holidays for fear of offending someone when I'm Christmas shopping. I got this from a friend and thought I would pass it on, it's kinda fun to hear and it's 100% correct!

Sorry -- but December does not REVOLVE around Christians only -- there are OTHER religions -- Judaism, Islam that have holidays in the same time period -- so -- HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL !!!!!!

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 27

Carlablum I am with you.

Merry Christmas

AMEN to that!! Oh wait!! Am I aloud to say that???????? did I offend anybody????

Sorry -- but December does not REVOLVE around Christians only -- there are OTHER religions -- Judaism, Islam that have holidays in the same time period -- so -- HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL !!!!!!

You are absolutely correct! But... Christmas means several things to different people... For many Christians its about the celebrating the birth of Christ... but for many... Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill,... to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.

• Upvote 8

I hear that same excuse over and over and I am sick of it. There are many month in the year with a lot of holiday in them. I don't see people going around saying, "Happy Holidays," in those months. This is the season where a lot of people participate in a "Gift Exchange", and where did they get that idea, when the wise men came to see baby Jesus - they gave gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

Bottom-Line people, If you don't like "Christmas" then don't participate in the celebration PERIOD. Talk about offending people: those kinds of people offend me and they offend what Christmas is all about.

So Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year

"But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven." Matt 10: 33

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 2

Well.....

Considering that Hanukah began December 1 and goes to December 9th, the Islamic New Year was December 7, Ashura is December 16, and Christmas is December 24 and 25 depending on what country you're in, saying Happy Holidays encompasses the many ethnicities we have in this forum.

So....

Happy Hanukah, Happy New Year, Happy Ashura, and Merry Christmas! and Happy Holidays to all those members who celebrate other December dated holidays or festivals.

As a melting pot, here in this forum AND in the U.S., we should try to include everyone in our well wishes for gift giving December celebrations.

Merry Christmas!!

:rolleyes::lol::D

Edited by BlueOrchid919
  • Upvote 6

I understand there is many religious holidays this time of year. I have always said Merry Christmas. But my friends have always been Christians. Now if I had a friend or acquaintance that was Jewish, I would say Happy Chanukah. Or for African-American people that does not have Christmas I would say Happy Kwanzaa. Or to a Muslim I would mention The Hajj.

I am sure the list could go on and on but I do not think we should break up any of these religious events to say Happy Holidays.

If I am walking down the street or in a store and somebody says Happy Holiday to me, I reply with Merry Christmas.

OH, I never put an X in front of mas. It is spelled Christmas for a reason.

McMike

• Upvote 3

Yes it is called CHRISTMAS because if you take the CHRIST out of it you just have another day. However, I don't believe in the commercialization of it and I don't agree with the date it is on so in my house we don't observe Christmas as others do we do something CRAZY..... WE TALK ABOUT CHRIST AND REFLECT ON WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR US.

• Upvote 4

I'll probably get negative marks as well but does it matter at the end of the day...no!

Great point you make and I support religious inclusiveness to my last breath. Many people on this site and the country forget the founders did not want religious exclusiveness run and ruin this country. There are many other voices in this country and no one religion should be able to have a monopoly on how you simply greet someone...

Let's not forget you're making assumptions about all Christians, they may be minor but there denominations that dont celebrate Christmas.

Edited by ECSxFenrir
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Who is talking about the month of December , the topic is about Christmas. And Christmas is a Christian only special day. No other religion but Christianity celebrates Christmas. Christmas is a celebration of the "Christ Child", "Jesus", "the Saviour of the World" since no other religion accepts the fact the "Christ is God incarnate" it leaves it to Christianity to celebrate His Birth.

There may be and are other inportant dates celebrate in December. But this one -- December 25th is for Christians only And I say MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL who believe in Christ Jesus , the very Son of God.

When Christians say, Merry Christmas and hear in reply and Happy Holidays to you too-- we know that person is not a believer in Christ Jesus the Very Son of God., otherwise we would hear , and a MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO.

• Upvote 7

Who is talking about the month of December , the topic is about Christmas. And Christmas is a Christian only special day. No other religion but Christianity celebrates Christmas. Christmas is a celebration of the "Christ Child", "Jesus", "the Saviour of the World" since no other religion accepts the fact the "Christ is God incarnate" it leaves it to Christianity to celebrate His Birth.

There may be and are other inportant dates celebrate in December. But this one -- December 25th is for Christians only And I say MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL who believe in Christ Jesus , the very Son of God.

When Christians say, Merry Christmas and hear in reply and Happy Holidays to you too-- we know that person is not a believer in Christ Jesus the Very Son of God., otherwise we would hear , and a MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO.

Well said.

I am very sorry if I have offended anyone, but I was truly refering to Christmas as in Dec 25th. I find it hard that stores with a "holiday" tree, or a "holiday" dressed man in Red and white with a big white beard, or a "holiday" ornament is wishing everyone happy holidays for non believers as well. No matter what the argument is, it is OBVIOUS they are wishing the believers a Merry Christmas. It is so very sad how times have changed and how people have become so ignorant to the true meaning of Christmas. If a retail store want's to make a killing off of people who celebrate Christmas, then they better be wishing them a Merry Christmas. Geesh, what is this world coming to?

Everyone who believes in the true meaning of Christmas..... I wish you a very Merry Christmas and all others............ to each his own.

God Bless you, God Bless America, and God help the others!!

Carla

• Upvote 11

Carla that was a 100++++++Post.

Thank you and here are my remarks to one and all.

I say pshaw and good grief to those who wish to argue semantics and the many Holidays and special Days in December. In my close circle of family and friends we enjoy and love those of all faiths. And we respect and give greetings of their faiths and we are wished Merry Christmas just as we would wish their greetings whatever they are.

And so I say.. I heard the bells on Christmas Day

Their old, familiar carols play,

And wild and sweet

The words repeat

Of peace on earth, good-will to men!

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Christmas is a season for kindling the fire for hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart. -Washington Irving

A good conscience is a continual Christmas. -Benjamin Franklin

God Bless America and yes, Firefighter..One Nation Under God!

Edited by Jac
  • Upvote 5

I don't get offended if someone tells me "Happy Hanukkah" - so if you get offended when I tell you "Merry Christmas"... TOO BAD!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

I feel the argument was the other way around. People are upset they didnt say Merry Christmas. I can agree with the statement if it's Christmas day, eve or the week of go ahead say whatever you like. But if someone says happy holidays in the 2nd week of December and for all practical purposes you could be out buying presents for a different holiday them just take the compliment of someone simply wishing you a nice day regardless what day(s) you celebrate.

• Upvote 1

I don't get offended if someone tells me "Happy Hanukkah" - so if you get offended when I tell you "Merry Christmas"... TOO BAD!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Thank you, Adam it is wonderful to support such a sweet person!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Listen someone revoved my VIP from my name and other info on left? Why is this?

Jac

God Bless America!

just take the compliment of someone simply wishing you a nice day regardless what day(s) you celebrate.

Happy Hannuranakwanzmas :)

Thank you, Adam it is wonderful to support such a sweet person!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Listen someone revoved my VIP from my name and other info on left? Why is this?

Jac

God Bless America!

You are now the blue-texted stepchild.

(It's a temporary glitch.)

Happy Hannuranakwanzmas smile.gif

You are now the blue-texted stepchild.

(It's a temporary glitch.)

Who did I make mad...lololollaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Oh well at least you noticed..step child, huh?

Edited by Jac

Hanukkuah is a 'festive day' for Jews only. By Jewish Law. Many of their other 'festive days' will include outsiders, but not this one.

So why is it so hard for people to understand: CHRISTMAS IS FOR CHRISTIANS. We celebrate one person for one reason: Jesus is the reason for the season. If you do not celebrate Christmas as a time of remembering that the Christ Child was born...... you celebrate and have attached yourself to this celebration for the wrong reason Probably a materialistic reason: 'the one with the most toys wins'.....

100% Correct!

coexist-11-1.jpg

Happy Holidays! :)

CoexistMeaning.jpg

Edited by Phoenix
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2