Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

"Dec 15th we will have a high level event on Iraq"

hoping so

Let me begin by saying that on December 15 we will have a high level event on Iraq, we’re very pleased that Vice President Joe Biden will come to the United Nations to chair this meeting on Iraq in the Security Council. It’s an important opportunity for the international community to recognize the very real progress that Iraq has made, both in terms of government formation, as well as the significant steps that have been taken to terminate its Chapter VII obligations

http://usun.state.gov/briefing/statements/2010/152309.htm

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Further down in that link:

Ambassador Rice: Well, with respect to Iraq, you may note that there are a number of Iraq related issues and events that naturally fall on the Council’s calendar in the month of December: DFI, UNAMI, Oil for Food—all these issues are there, and in light of the recent progress that has been made politically in Iraq, we thought, as Council president, that this offered an opportunity to consolidate discussion of these issues into a high-level event, which is in effect the equivalent of our thematic debate for the month, and invited Vice President Biden and senior counterparts from capitals to participate. And we’re looking very much forward to that. We think it’s timely and an appropriate opportunity to focus Council attention and higher-level Council attention to the progress in Iraq.

• Upvote 1

Let me begin by saying that on December 15 we will have a high level event on Iraq, we’re very pleased that Vice President Joe Biden will come to the United Nations to chair this meeting on Iraq in the Security Council. It’s an important opportunity for the international community to recognize the very real progress that Iraq has made, both in terms of government formation, as well as the significant steps that have been taken to terminate its Chapter VII obligations

http://usun.state.go...2010/152309.htm

I really like the wording of this from the United Nations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile.gif

Let me begin by saying that on December 15 we will have a high level event on Iraq, we’re very pleased that Vice President Joe Biden will come to the United Nations to chair this meeting on Iraq in the Security Council. It’s an important opportunity for the international community to recognize the very real progress that Iraq has made, both in terms of government formation, as well as the significant steps that have been taken to terminate its Chapter VII obligations.

• Upvote 2

:) A wondering I've had too, is maybe it will RV prior to this, and then Joe Biden's going to be taking the credit for all they've done to make it happen.

I couldn't think of a better Christmas surprise for my twins that both need money for Grad School. How nice would it be to not have to worry about paying back student loans!

:) A wondering I've had too, is maybe it will RV prior to this, and then Joe Biden's going to be taking the credit for all they've done to make it happen.

I couldn't think of a better Christmas surprise for my twins that both need money for Grad School. How nice would it be to not have to worry about paying back student loans!

Id think if that were the case then Obama would be the one giving the address. Either way, I along with everyone here and countless masses world wide, pray that this is actually the end of this ride. There sure will be a lot of really dissapointed people come the 16th and 1st if nothing happens though...

• Upvote 1

I commend those who have been in this investment for as long as 7 years. I for one have been in it for about 6 months and cannot contain my excitement. A lot of comments/posts i have read regarding past R/V dates such as weeks, months even years ago makes me wonder why anyone figured those were valid dates for such an event (RV) putting the cart before the horse as it were.

All the positive news regarding GOI formation, Cpt 7 being lifted and 2011 budget being approved in my opinion are the only things that will make this happen. More than enough good news is making "news"

This is what's gonna make it happen, let the good times role people.

If this goes on the 15th or before Christmas, it would be a very Happy Christmas for my family! Not for the cash but because I will be out of this hellhole and wouldn't have to tell my mother that I'm extending again! My family would be very happy if I came home for Christmas! B)

CAN I GO HOME NOW? AFGHANISTAN SUCKS! B)

I been waiting on this news for 5 years. I about to pass out with excitement.

Just a question for ya.

Are you from PA?

• Upvote 1

If this goes on the 15th or before Christmas, it would be a very Happy Christmas for my family! Not for the cash but because I will be out of this hellhole and wouldn't have to tell my mother that I'm extending again! My family would be very happy if I came home for Christmas! B)

CAN I GO HOME NOW? AFGHANISTAN SUCKS! B)

Here's hoping that you and many others will be home soon!!!! :)