Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Recycled news about "removal of zeros" and rising value of the Dinar

keepmwlknfny

I thought I would bring this up because we are seeing countless articles out right now saying they are 50% done with this whole process of deleting the zeros and this shows that they have been saying the same ol s#@t since beginning of this year which makes me believe that they are WAAAAYYYY more done with this process then they are letting on, oooorrrrr these newer articles are just crap, cut and paste nonsense just to keep people guessing at all times so that we dont know exactly what they are really doing or what they have already accomplished. So really I dont believe in any of these recently posted articles if its just repeating old news from beginning of this year.....so you really think they are still only 50% done if thats what was stated back in Feb?? Heck they could have been half done years ago and we just dont know it.....they could be 95% done and the only thing left to do is to turn the key and start the engine so to speak......just proves the old saying believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see........in short.....QUESTION EVERYTHING that comes across these forums and sites.....cause typically from what Im noticing is that at least half of it is junk.......STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!!!

February 10, 2010

Two currencies coexist together and gradual replacement

Central Bank (time): Delete the zeros start end of the year

BAGHDAD - Ahmed Saleh Khyoun

CBI begins the end of the year and gradually replace the currency now in circulation a new currency which zeroes deleted within the strategy to reform the monetary system started in 2005.

Bank consultant and announced the appearance of Mohammed Saleh told (time) on that (the bank has completed 50 percent of a strategy switch in and out, delete the zeros of the nominal value of the new currency while retaining the cash value and purchasing power), said that (the replacement process will be gradually and spontaneously high and without fanfare, as will be There are two currencies to trade at the same time go hand in hand), but (that the purchasing power of the new currency will remain fixed).

• Upvote 6

thks,makes a lot of sence......

It almost makes me look the other way now whenever I see an article with the title of removing the zeros.....they have been saying the same thing over and over and over.......maybe to keep people thinking that they are still far off from doing anything with the currency.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I thought I would bring this up because we are seeing countless articles out right now saying they are 50% done with this whole process of deleting the zeros and this shows that they have been saying the same ol s#@t since beginning of this year which makes me believe that they are WAAAAYYYY more done with this process then they are letting on, oooorrrrr these newer articles are just crap, cut and paste nonsense just to keep people guessing at all times so that we dont know exactly what they are really doing or what they have already accomplished. So really I dont believe in any of these recently posted articles if its just repeating old news from beginning of this year.....so you really think they are still only 50% done if thats what was stated back in Feb?? Heck they could have been half done years ago and we just dont know it.....they could be 95% done and the only thing left to do is to turn the key and start the engine so to speak......just proves the old saying believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see........in short.....QUESTION EVERYTHING that comes across these forums and sites.....cause typically from what Im noticing is that at least half of it is junk.......STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!!!

Excellent ... and let me add ... and don't believe anything from Mohammed Salih/Saleh

It almost makes me look the other way now whenever I see an article with the title of removing the zeros.....they have been saying the same thing over and over and over.......maybe to keep people thinking that they are still far off from doing anything with the currency.....

Exactly

• Upvote 1

I agree 110%! Those articles are pretty much spewing out the same bull. They definitely aren't putting out everything they know and I think the whole idea is to just keep people guessing until the very end. A lot has happened in the past month and it would seem like we're a lot closer to something than they're letting on. I wonder what the economic implications are if they just do nothing with the rate or the currency and just leave things like they are now. From what I've read that isnt in their best interest but I'm wondering just how much longer they can drag this out?? Hopefully more informative info will be coming out soon instead of the same old song and dance.

I agree 110%! Those articles are pretty much spewing out the same bull. They definitely aren't putting out everything they know and I think the whole idea is to just keep people guessing until the very end. A lot has happened in the past month and it would seem like we're a lot closer to something than they're letting on. I wonder what the economic implications are if they just do nothing with the rate or the currency and just leave things like they are now. From what I've read that isnt in their best interest but I'm wondering just how much longer they can drag this out?? Hopefully more informative info will be coming out soon instead of the same old song and dance.

Well its not like they cant hold out longer....they have made it this long with the currency locked at the value it is now.....the biggest problem for them has been stability.....thats also why most are skeptical of investing in Iraq and stepping foot on soil.....not because of a weak currency....because of how unstable it is.....most say that its because of the low valued currency thats keeping foreign investors at bay and thats just not the case....its instability....plain and simple.....we are only expecting them to raise the value of the currency because they have been talking about it for the past 5 years or so....hopefully they will follow through on their word and let the dinar appreciate....

• Downvote 2

I READ A FEW ARTICLES THAT STATED DELETING THE ZEROS WAS THERE GOAL IN 2006 WITH HIGH INFLATION, AND NOW THEY HAD TO RE STUDY THE CONDITIONS IN IRAQ FOR THE REVALUE BECAUSE OF THE SUCCESS OF THE DINAR AND IT'S STUBILITY. THERE WILL BE NO LOP THERE CURRENCY IS WAY TO STRONG , AND THEY KNOW EXACTLY HOW MUCH THEY HAVE AND WHERE IT'S AT. LOP SHOULD AND WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE TO DO IN THE IRAQI WORLD TODAY!biggrin.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifcool.gif

• Upvote 1

I READ A FEW ARTICLES THAT STATED DELETING THE ZEROS WAS THERE GOAL IN 2006 WITH HIGH INFLATION, AND NOW THEY HAD TO RE STUDY THE CONDITIONS IN IRAQ FOR THE REVALUE BECAUSE OF THE SUCCESS OF THE DINAR AND IT'S STUBILITY. THERE WILL BE NO LOP THERE CURRENCY IS WAY TO STRONG , AND THEY KNOW EXACTLY HOW MUCH THEY HAVE AND WHERE IT'S AT. LOP SHOULD AND WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE TO DO IN THE IRAQI WORLD TODAY!biggrin.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifcool.gif

I wish it could be guaranteed my dude.....still have my doubts....I know we will make a profit....just not sure its what we think its going to be.....UNFORTUNATELY..........give it another month or so and we shall find out!!!

• Downvote 1

Well its not like they cant hold out longer....they have made it this long with the currency locked at the value it is now.....the biggest problem for them has been stability.....thats also why most are skeptical of investing in Iraq and stepping foot on soil.....not because of a weak currency....because of how unstable it is.....most say that its because of the low valued currency thats keeping foreign investors at bay and thats just not the case....its instability....plain and simple.....we are only expecting them to raise the value of the currency because they have been talking about it for the past 5 years or so....hopefully they will follow through on their word and let the dinar appreciate....

Instability is definitely the reason for the lack of investment. At least they're on their way to hopefully getting a stable government and it looks like some of the violence is down from last year which is a good sign. The most important thing is to stay focused on reality. I know I've gotten my head in the clouds a few times from reading some of the rumors but everything has to based on facts and not just saying it has to happen because we want it to. I wonder if they're factoring a possible RV into the 2011 budget? It's hard to make sense of all the numbers sometimes!

Below is an interesting take on this lop talk from another site. Someone named Svisser wrote it. I havent read this take before and thought it was an interesting perspective on why a lop would be BAD for Iraq. again, I didnt write this but found it an interesting read.

Svisser comments below.

Ok Y'all... Take a deep breath and follow me here. I think you will clearly see why it is in Iraq's best interest to increase the rate against the USD! Then we can all relax and not give this another thought!

I believe this article is indicating that in Iraq prices will be adjusted in line with the deletion of zeros, therefor there would be no real gain in value for the average Iraqi citizen. The USD conversion rate means nothing to the Iraqi citizen until he/she is actually traveling inside the US or buying imported american goods.

Try to think about it this way. I could care less about the US/Canadian exchange rate until I cross the border in Windsor and want to buy dinner. I could care less about the Chinese/US rate until I shop at Walmart. Since Walmart purchases eveything from China... and I like to buy things cheap. Actually a better statement would be I could care less about the US/Chinese currency rate until the yen appreciates against the dollar and prices at Walmart go up. I may not know why... but I will certainly see a difference.

Governments however want the better rate when it comes to importing! They want the "currency advatage" when buying something and they want the "currency disadvantage" when selling to another country. Take China for example... they buy low... they sell high! Trade advantages have proven very sound economic policy for that country.

Iraq produces two exports... both of which are quoted and paid for in USD! Their exports are naturally occurring and have minimal expense associated with each barrel of oil... so their cost basis is small. Their entire budget has been set based purely on the revenue from the export of oil... based on 71 USD per barrel if my memory serves me correctly.

Lets think about that. Their export pricing and export revenue will not be affected by the revaluation of the dinar because it is currently denominated in dollars and will continue to be the same. However their imports certainly will. They need to import just about everything right now. They need infrastructure, vehicles, planes, weapons, food, clothes, computers, etc. So if you knew you had to buy all that stuff from other places would you not want to purchase from a country in which you had a stronger currency position. (Is this not why we buy so much from China... because it's cheaper?)

A lop would be as economically injurous to the developing economy of Iraq as it would be to our hopes and dreams. I dont think they care one bit about what we want... but hopefully I have been able to show that it is in their own best interests to raise that rate significanlty against the US Dollar!

Hope this helps!

keepmwlknfny, I have not agreed with you in the past on some issues but I have to say that I totally agree with you on this one. Enough of the LOP talk. It has gotten really, really old. The rate will be what the rate will be. I invested in this in Iraq in 04 and never knew it would come to this.

Below is an interesting take on this lop talk from another site. Someone named Svisser wrote it. I havent read this take before and thought it was an interesting perspective on why a lop would be BAD for Iraq. again, I didnt write this but found it an interesting read.

Svisser comments below.

Ok Y'all... Take a deep breath and follow me here. I think you will clearly see why it is in Iraq's best interest to increase the rate against the USD! Then we can all relax and not give this another thought!

I believe this article is indicating that in Iraq prices will be adjusted in line with the deletion of zeros, therefor there would be no real gain in value for the average Iraqi citizen. The USD conversion rate means nothing to the Iraqi citizen until he/she is actually traveling inside the US or buying imported american goods.

Try to think about it this way. I could care less about the US/Canadian exchange rate until I cross the border in Windsor and want to buy dinner. I could care less about the Chinese/US rate until I shop at Walmart. Since Walmart purchases eveything from China... and I like to buy things cheap. Actually a better statement would be I could care less about the US/Chinese currency rate until the yen appreciates against the dollar and prices at Walmart go up. I may not know why... but I will certainly see a difference.

Governments however want the better rate when it comes to importing! They want the "currency advatage" when buying something and they want the "currency disadvantage" when selling to another country. Take China for example... they buy low... they sell high! Trade advantages have proven very sound economic policy for that country.

Iraq produces two exports... both of which are quoted and paid for in USD! Their exports are naturally occurring and have minimal expense associated with each barrel of oil... so their cost basis is small. Their entire budget has been set based purely on the revenue from the export of oil... based on 71 USD per barrel if my memory serves me correctly.

Lets think about that. Their export pricing and export revenue will not be affected by the revaluation of the dinar because it is currently denominated in dollars and will continue to be the same. However their imports certainly will. They need to import just about everything right now. They need infrastructure, vehicles, planes, weapons, food, clothes, computers, etc. So if you knew you had to buy all that stuff from other places would you not want to purchase from a country in which you had a stronger currency position. (Is this not why we buy so much from China... because it's cheaper?)

A lop would be as economically injurous to the developing economy of Iraq as it would be to our hopes and dreams. I dont think they care one bit about what we want... but hopefully I have been able to show that it is in their own best interests to raise that rate significanlty against the US Dollar!

Hope this helps!

Very good perspective. If they just take the zeros off and don't revalue their currency is still weak and they can't import what they need to develop their country. Definitely something to think about.

Listen people... the VERY LAST thing Iraq is gonna do is come out and say their going to RV or RI. So with that said the ONLY thing they can do is put out MISINFORMATION, thats the only option they have. Period. GO IRAQ GO RV/RI

WERE COMING TO THE END PEOPLE

Instability is definitely the reason for the lack of investment. At least they're on their way to hopefully getting a stable government and it looks like some of the violence is down from last year which is a good sign. The most important thing is to stay focused on reality. I know I've gotten my head in the clouds a few times from reading some of the rumors but everything has to based on facts and not just saying it has to happen because we want it to. I wonder if they're factoring a possible RV into the 2011 budget? It's hard to make sense of all the numbers sometimes!

Well that's the speculation at this point is that they could very well be factoring in the RV into the new budget but of course the versions of the budget we are seeing are no way near detailed enough to make a definative answer on that. Could be a reason they have been delaying the true budget numbers as well so that they can hide it as long as possible before it's public knowledge. Iraq is supposed to be completely transparent with their expenses to the world because they are still under restrictions so they can't come out with a new budget and hide anything from viewing eyes and they are aware of that as well....that's a huge reason in my eyes to be delaying the detailed budget reports...like they will hold out as long as they can because if the new rate is in the budget then they will have to release both pretty close in time to one another.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Stumbled upon this while looking for info. Iraqi Buisness News article about redinomination you have to look around a bit .Select buisness and finance and on second page article from sept 25 / 2010 redinomination unlikely priority for CBI and other interesting news.

Good to read because I just bought another million today, fingers crossed.

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/201...for-the-dinar

Stumbled upon this while looking for info. Iraqi Buisness News article about redinomination you have to look around a bit .Select buisness and finance and on second page article from sept 25 / 2010 redinomination unlikely priority for CBI and other interesting news.

Good to read because I just bought another million today, fingers crossed.

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/201...for-the-dinar

Yea Ive seen those articles......they came across these boards awhile ago.....that one just kind of made it seem like they werent interested at all with doing anything with the currency at this point....whether it be redenominating or RVing.....again, more things to convince people that nothing is going on over there lol.....yea right!!! We can see right through them.....numbers dont lie....they are more then able to raise the value of the dinar and support it as well.....

• Downvote 1

Well that's the speculation at this point is that they could very well be factoring in the RV into the new budget but of course the versions of the budget we are seeing are no way near detailed enough to make a definative answer on that. Could be a reason they have been delaying the true budget numbers as well so that they can hide it as long as possible before it's public knowledge. Iraq is supposed to be completely transparent with their expenses to the world because they are still under restrictions so they can't come out with a new budget and hide anything from viewing eyes and they are aware of that as well....that's a huge reason in my eyes to be delaying the detailed budget reports...like they will hold out as long as they can because if the new rate is in the budget then they will have to release both pretty close in time to one another.

That makes perfect sense to me. I don't think we'll get any concrete info one way or another from the news but hopefully they'll show us all their cards by the end of the year. Your completely right that they got the resources to back up an RV. I'm hoping for over $1.00 but with all the uncertainty going on I'd be happy with .10. I wish there was a way to find out something more definite before then but I think the news articles are going to be nothing but smoke and mirrors for now.

Wasn't there an article posted like a week or two ago saying that the 2011 budget included the rv???

Wasn't there an article posted like a week or two ago saying that the 2011 budget included the rv???

No, that wouldnt have been an article...it was probly someones opinion....Iraq would NEVER come out and tell the world that the new revalued rate of the Dinar is in their new budget.....

• Downvote 1