Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Iraqi People

hypr2001

Looking for questions that people want answered as far as what the Iraqis think of their "new" life. here seems to be alot of confusion as far as their way of life and customs and such. I have a few Iraqis that are willing to help me clear it all up for us. I just ask that you try to keep the questions realistic and respectful.

Thanks

1. Are Irakies strong believers of their IQD Revalue?

2. How they see the civilian americans?

3. How they percibe the future of their kids under the Demon Crazy, sorry! I want to say

Democracy?

4. It is going to be a change in the women roll, in the family, society, nation?

5. What they think about the globalization?

Thank you so much for your help, and my prayers are in your favor that the Almigthy protect each one of you that are willing to figth for us.

Sounds great as long as they are not from the RUMOR MILL gang!!!!!!!!

This is not directed at mrref but rather to everyone that has this same sentiment. I too am tired of the misdirection that some seem to enjoy.

If you have a question pertaining to the IRAQI PEOPLE then I will be more than happy to entertain it. If you have a question concerning IRAQI DINAR then one of the prophets may be your better choice. I did not put this out there for people to get answers to currency. I did put this out there because some people have either ...

1. Shown interest in another culture

2. Shown interest in expanding their horizons

3. Shown an interest in trying to understand a different way of life for all concerned

I am in a very good position to gather information. I have learned to not share my information if it does not pertain to any agend that seems to present itself in relation to the currency. I am more than willing to share from my experiences and knowledge of a region that can, and most likely, make many people wealthy. If for no other reason than that, everyone should understand where their wealth came from.

hypr2001, Are you in Iraq or have you been previously? Is there a noticeable Christian population there? What are the front-line reconstruction efforts? Do you think US or other nations efforts are going to make life better for the average citizen, or are we just making the rich richer? I am interested in their history and culture and I appreciate the willingness of you to share regular information other than the currency information.

This is not directed at mrref but rather to everyone that has this same sentiment. I too am tired of the misdirection that some seem to enjoy.

If you have a question pertaining to the IRAQI PEOPLE then I will be more than happy to entertain it. If you have a question concerning IRAQI DINAR then one of the prophets may be your better choice. I did not put this out there for people to get answers to currency. I did put this out there because some people have either ...

1. Shown interest in another culture

2. Shown interest in expanding their horizons

3. Shown an interest in trying to understand a different way of life for all concerned

I am in a very good position to gather information. I have learned to not share my information if it does not pertain to any agend that seems to present itself in relation to the currency. I am more than willing to share from my experiences and knowledge of a region that can, and most likely, make many people wealthy. If for no other reason than that, everyone should understand where their wealth came from.

You sound to be a very kind and understanding person, and I am with you on this type of reasoning. Thanks Hypr! :)

1. Are Irakies strong believers of their IQD Revalue?

2. How they see the civilian americans?

3. How they percibe the future of their kids under the Demon Crazy, sorry! I want to say

Democracy?

4. It is going to be a change in the women roll, in the family, society, nation?

5. What they think about the globalization?

Thank you so much for your help, and my prayers are in your favor that the Almigthy protect each one of you that are willing to figth for us.

First off, ty for the prayers. They are much appreciated.

1. The vast majority of Iraqis believe that their wealth is judged on a very different level. More geared towards family, health and so on. The IQD is a tool for them to supply their families with the needs they require. As far as the value of it, most do honestly believe that the IQD will gain in strength. Depending on whom you ask, the time table for this will differ. Aolt of answers I get are politically or banking industry related. The BIG question for them is do you trust either. The common answer is no but they do trust in the countries ability to become a financial powerhouse.

2. In my opinion, I think it is a case by case basis. I work with Iraqis daily. They are very embracing and welcoming (after a certain level of trust is achieved). I am called friend by many and even refered to as a "cousin" by some. I and my coworkers are invited to sit at their tables and eat meals or have tea. This in itself is huge for it invites you into their inner circle. I believe that most are wary but willing to try. I believe you get what you recieve in regards to how you are treated. Violence begets violence and kindness is no different.

3. The democracy seems to be gaining more and more steam. There are always hardliners that dont want anything to change and seem to feel oppresion is the answer. As long as they are not the oppressed, of course. Most seem to embrace the new style government and look forward to the freedoms offered. As far as the children, most are happy they get this chance as they grow up.

4. I am still trying to get a grasp of some of the answers I have gotten on this and should be able to give a more educated answer in a day or two.

5. If I understood the question correctly, they welcome the beginning of it. They are eager to be a part of the world. They look forward to learning and trading. I have even been told that some would like to meet everyone so they could learn more about different ways of life.

Keep in mind, this is NOT a radical viewpoint. The radicals are in no way included in any answers I give. The biggest difference between a radical and a non-radical is you can reason with a non-radical.

THank you for doing this. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THEY FEEL THAT THEY ARE BETTER OFF NOW THAN THEY WERE BEORE WHEN SADAM RAN THERE COUNTRY.

Financially I would have to say not really. However, the fear factor is not as present. In a general statement, I would have to say yes they do (on the whole). Again, the hardliners will tell you different. There are many factors involved and many angles of approach. Militarily, they are better off. The troops are clothed and shoed, no exceptions. During Saddams reign, there were exceptions. The troops are fed daily and during Saddams reign, when they could feed them they would. I have personally been told by several "the US can not leave". This is not due to our footing their bills but a fear it will return to the old ways. On the whole, they really like what they see and want it to succeed. They laugh and joke and even joke with us, Americans. So on the whole, I would say yes.

hypr2001, Are you in Iraq or have you been previously? Is there a noticeable Christian population there? What are the front-line reconstruction efforts? Do you think US or other nations efforts are going to make life better for the average citizen, or are we just making the rich richer? I am interested in their history and culture and I appreciate the willingness of you to share regular information other than the currency information.

I am in Iraq. I have 6+ years here. I am a contractor and spent the first 5 1/2 years here to help our guys and gals in the military. I am now a transition team member for the Iraqi Air Force. I work alongside Iraqis daily. We work, joke, laugh and learn together.

As far as a Christian population, yes there is one. So I would say it is noticeable if I noticed it. It is not a huge movement or anything of that nature. They are kind of silent due to the constant threat of persecution by hardline muslims. In no way am I saying muslims are hardliners, I am saying there are hardliners that are muslim. Same as in the Christian faith.

Reconstruction efforts are EVERYWHERE. I read it daily it seems. The country is "exploding" (pardon the pun) in industry and so on. There are concentrated efforts for outlying regions for the essentials. Major city advancments are taking place also. It is truely an incredible thing to see and be a part of.

The rich will ALWAYS become richer but life for the common man is improving but there is still a ways to go IMO.

Is there something we can ship to you that would help these people in their everyday lives?

Believe it or not, I am drawing a blank. I would love to say yes but it seems we do what we can here. I have ordered some things off the net. Researched things for them as far as holistic medicine and so on. They have mainly everything they NEED here. I personally. do appreciate the sentiment though. IMHO opinion, I believe we have already sent he most important thing here. We sent our kids to help make a change. Its working, slowly but its working.

Greetings Hypr,

How much trust do the Iraqi people have for the government?

Do they believe that financial change is coming for them before or after the elections or at all?

Thanks for your efforts!

I would have to say as far as the trust issue, there is a long way to go. The new admin will have to overcome the past. I do not see the trust I would like to see. However I do see the love for Iraq on the whole.

General thought is yes, financial change is coming. As far as when, thats up for debate. The whole thought is "When God wills it, it will happen". I have heard several different opinions here. They do not differ much from what I hear everywhere else.

Thanks for doing this. I would like to know if it is common knowledge in Iraq that the dinar will revalue within the next few months, or are they as in the dark as we are?

Most are like mushrooms. There are some that have an idea. I have been told several different stories and thoughts on this. There are a few I believe. The general thought seems to be it is coming, date unknown. As far as what I have been told and the ones I believe, I have shared in the past. I have been told Jan. I have no links, I am not dinarified, I wont give names and I have been bashed. So as far as that goes, sorry but I dont discuss it now. I hope you understand.

Most are like mushrooms. There are some that have an idea. I have been told several different stories and thoughts on this. There are a few I believe. The general thought seems to be it is coming, date unknown. As far as what I have been told and the ones I believe, I have shared in the past. I have been told Jan. I have no links, I am not dinarified, I wont give names and I have been bashed. So as far as that goes, sorry but I dont discuss it now. I hope you understand.

and as far as all the other posts in this thread hypr...thank you very much!

Hyper2001, thanks so much for the insider's view of life in Iraq today. My nephew was killed by an IED outside of Baghdad in 2004 and I'm glad to hear that his sacrifice was not in vain. I hope you continue to provide your insight to this room. We need this kind of information to really understand the future of our investment.