Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

possible rv rate and date.

sfredieu

IMO the rate will be.85 and the date will be before the 10 of dec.I know you want to know where I got this info from,But no I am not a guru or one of the three wisemen.But the GOI is always talking about removing the zeros and we all know it doesn't mean removing them from the actual bills,but the rate.also you always here that the IMF wants a rate closer to the usd,or as they say close the gap.with that being said I am not saying later on the rate will not goto 3+ but on the come out I would say .85. You have to think Why would Iraq come out at anything higher that .85 when they could come out at .85 or lower than put a cash in dead line like phoenix said pull in the large denoms and save themselves trillions,you need to understand these guys are not as stupid as people would like for them to be,and as you know shabibi is no fool by no means.now I want you to put yourself in their shoes if this was your money what would you do? give away trillions I dont think so I wouldnt thats for sure.I am not trying to rain on no ones parade but it is not logical for a country to give away so much when they could use it to rebuild their on country.Now as far as the date is concern the logical time will before the 10th of dec. if not then the 31st of dec. well the reason for the 10th is if they load them smart cards on the 10th and the only load 250 dinars on them without a RV I dont think we will have to worry about a Rv we will be worried about the citizens of Iraq pulling their foot out of Maliki's A$S.if they load the smart cards on the 10th and load them with 1250 like normal then I think we will be done by the new year,because I know Maliki will seat his gov. by the 25 of dec. and shabibi said once it is set he will raise the rate on the dinar.So there you have it this is just my thoughts on the rv rate and date.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 22

I appreciate you post and thank you, but the removal of zero's is not removing the decimal zero's. The interpretation of the ME language is misinterpreted when converted to english even by Google Translate. The removal of zero's is the removal of the 1000, 5000, 10,000, 25,000 IQD notes completely out of circulation.

• Upvote 7

.85 has been thrown around here like candy, as has the rates up to $9.00. However, as an economics person, that rate doesn't work on several fronts.

First, Iraq was forgiven most of their debt to countries. Why would they be allowed this, if they were going to RV at such a low rate?

Second, that would create a huge disparity in trade values. Look at the current trade war between the US and China.

I'd be happy with .86, but think the actual rate will be in the low $3 range.

Edited by J.C.
  • Upvote 5

IMO the rate will be.85 and the date will be before the 10 of dec.I know you want to know where I got this info from,But no I am not a guru or one of the three wisemen.But the GOI is always talking about removing the zeros and we all know it doesn't mean removing them from the actual bills,but the rate.also you always here that the IMF wants a rate closer to the usd,or as they say close the gap.with that being said I am not saying later on the rate will not goto 3+ but on the come out I would say .85. You have to think Why would Iraq come out at anything higher that .85 when they could come out at .85 or lower than put a cash in dead line like phoenix said pull in the large denoms and save themselves trillions,you need to understand these guys are not as stupid as people would like for them to be,and as you know shabibi is no fool by no means.now I want you to put yourself in their shoes if this was your money what would you do? give away trillions I dont think so I wouldnt thats for sure.I am not trying to rain on no ones parade but it is not logical for a country to give away so much when they could use it to rebuild their on country.Now as far as the date is concern the logical time will before the 10th of dec. if not then the 31st of dec. well the reason for the 10th is if they load them smart cards on the 10th and the only load 250 dinars on them without a RV I dont think we will have to worry about a Rv we will be worried about the citizens of Iraq pulling their foot out of Maliki's A$S.if they load the smart cards on the 10th and load them with 1250 like normal then I think we will be done by the new year,because I know Maliki will seat his gov. by the 25 of dec. and shabibi said once it is set he will raise the rate on the dinar.So there you have it this is just my thoughts on the rv rate and date.

Yeah The deleting of the zeros is off the big bills like the 25,000 turning into 25 dollars. First They will revalue the currency I believe to over 3.00. Then they will have smaller bills to exchange for the big bills. You will go to the bank and exchange your 25,000 dinar note for 1,000 25 dinar notes. The Lopping is just so they can get the bills out of circulation and I think the 0.85 will never happen and is too low IMHO.

Not saying it can't come out at .86 But Iraq would actually lose more opening up at that price rather than opening up at like $2.80 The people invested now are such a small number compared to the people that will invest after the IQD is on the forex. If they open up a 2.80 people will still see that they can make a good profit as it goes up to 3.00-3.20.

Edited by Russ63
  • Upvote 2

You are a very loyal follower of Med so it would seem. What you have shared in your post is what he has been saying for months aside from the smart cards. No one knows the rate my friend, however. Iraq is *tied* to kuwaits oil fields too. Kuwait has alot to say about this and has made it known. Also, when kuwait revalued, it damn near broke them. Iraq isn't dumb, they know they have to be careful with this. What Iraq spends today to collect it's dinar is pending on what they can SAFELY afford. Not to low, not to high, pennies mean everything. Each day that goes by, will cost them more and more as more speculators get into this. The CBI is very concerned but the GOI is not, or the GOI would have ended this circus after the elections and had an immediate Rv. Just think how much they would have saved just doing that.

.86 or 3.22 is anyones guess, only Shabibi and the IMF know what it is and it will stay that way until the great day unfolds. Try not to get upset with thier delays, it is what they are very good at. Stay positive and focused my friend for the benefit of the new eyes that follow these posts. By the way, thanks for the post and imput to this forum, always good to see all the information from all directions.smile.gif

• Upvote 1

Im not really sure I understand why this guy got so many negitives...Im not saying I agree with him and I certainly am hoping and praying that it comes in higher than .86 , although I would take it, but I don't understand why people are blasted on this site because they express their OPIONS about something and it's not what people want to hear....I believe everyone is entitiled to their opion...I also believe Adam Montana intended for the negitives to be used when someone is speaking ill of another person or being blatenly over the top ridiculous ...not just when someone says something that we don't want to hear...I could be completely wrong...but that just my OPION!!

Edited by jandantexas

OK I am not saying the rate is going to stay at .85 I just think it will stay that way for 30 to 45 days just long enough to get the large denoms back in,then it will go to the rate it will stay at wether it is 2+ or 3+ .I dont know all I am saying is I am a business owner and regardless of any one elses wishes or dreams I will do what is best for my business over someone elses.if there is 1.5 trillion dinar that american investors alone are holding can you imagine how much they would save by comming out at .85 cents for 30 days and bringing all the large denoms in from us speculators and once collected then go to the 2+ or 3+ rate,It would be trillions of dollars if they can hold it at 1170 rate for this amount of time they could do another 30 to 45 days at .85 cents and then move up to the real rate of 2+ or 3+ it would save them trillions of dollars.I don't think Iraq gives a damn what anyone else wants they have proved that.So I say I just think we need to be realistic about the rate.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I believe what Iraq said .... come out at .86 and take the 3 zero's notesand the 3 zero's off .00086 off the market by the end of the year .... Then after it goes on the world market it will go up to $1.17 ... Then the last day it will be even with the euro $1.30 ( this will be iraq banking day only )... Iraq paid all the nations and large companies that did not forgive them of there debts ... The next day they fall to $.27 cents ... The world bankers will punish the nations and large companies for not forgiving them of Saddam's debts. ... but all will be paid off in full ...

So get in and exchange you dinar between Christmas day and New Years Day because the 3 zero's note will be no longer excepted on the as of Janurary, 1, 2011... We know iraq waits till the last second to do things ...

Then the 500 dinar notes becomes like a $120 dollar note ... This fits in to the banking world.

The reason for the .27 cent is iraq needs to rebuild so they need cheap money for the imported worker ... like china's cheap money ... and all nations and businesses will be paid in full to avoid law suits ... and with cheap money they can rebuild their Country ...

large investor just waiting to buy the dinar take big loss also ... buy at $1.17 have to sell at .27 cent... like iraq said ... we will revalue with the middle east countries like they have been tellling us ... Saudi, Iran Afghan , they will match with them .. cheap money ...

I believe what Iraq said .... come out at .86 and take the 3 zero's notesand the 3 zero's off .00086 off the market by the end of the year .... Then after it goes on the world market it will go up to $1.17 ... Then the last day it will be even with the euro $1.30 ( this will be iraq banking day only )... Iraq paid all the nations and large companies that did not forgive them of there debts ... The next day they fall to $.27 cents ... The world bankers will punish the nations and large companies for not forgiving them of Saddam's debts. ... but all will be paid off in full ...

So get in and exchange you dinar between Christmas day and New Years Day because the 3 zero's note will be no longer excepted on the as of Janurary, 1, 2011... We know iraq waits till the last second to do things ...

Then the 500 dinar notes becomes like a $120 dollar note ... This fits in to the banking world.

The reason for the .27 cent is iraq needs to rebuild so they need cheap money for the imported worker ... like china's cheap money ... and all nations and businesses will be paid in full to avoid law suits ... and with cheap money they can rebuild their Country ...

large investor just waiting to buy the dinar take big loss also ... buy at $1.17 have to sell at .27 cent... like iraq said ... we will revalue with the middle east countries like they have been tellling us ... Saudi, Iran Afghan , they will match with them .. cheap money ...

TOTAL BS

BS

• Upvote 1

OK I am not saying the rate is going to stay at .85 I just think it will stay that way for 30 to 45 days just long enough to get the large denoms back in,then it will go to the rate it will stay at wether it is 2+ or 3+ .I dont know all I am saying is I am a business owner and regardless of any one elses wishes or dreams I will do what is best for my business over someone elses.if there is 1.5 trillion dinar that american investors alone are holding can you imagine how much they would save by comming out at .85 cents for 30 days and bringing all the large denoms in from us speculators and once collected then go to the 2+ or 3+ rate,It would be trillions of dollars if they can hold it at 1170 rate for this amount of time they could do another 30 to 45 days at .85 cents and then move up to the real rate of 2+ or 3+ it would save them trillions of dollars.I don't think Iraq gives a damn what anyone else wants they have proved that.So I say I just think we need to be realistic about the rate.

This sounds all well, however...... If the CBI does this, it will cause delay in retrieving the large notes as people will wait for a rate increase. Now you say, no, it will all expire for us on a specific date and then raise for the govt's cashout. Now if that is a decision for me to make, I will Rv into more dinar and wait for the 2nd increase or wait for the Rate to increase from the market. This all aside. It is written in their constitution that the rate cannot move + or - 2% after the rate increase for two years. I have read many times on this forum, Sorry, I dont have a link for that. Maybe someone can help me out on that one. So it is to thier benefit to Rv into a high enough rate to retrieve the high notes but not to high to hurt them financially. NONE of us, not one, knows the rate or the date. We all have to wait to see. Thank you for contributing to the forum with your post.smile.gif

• Upvote 3

"If" -- there is an RV -- it will probrably be SMALL with a "TURN-IN" deadline. By coming out SMALL the CBI payout will be SMALL for CURRENT dinar holders. And also CAPPED at a MAX with a DEADLINE if any BIG BOY SPECULATORS with deep pockets jump in. AFTER the deadline the CBI rides the TRUE VALUE to the top -- this TACTIC makes a GREAT DEAL of sense. No LOP -- yet CBI minimizes its LIABILITY payout -- and recoups this payout via a HIGHER exchange rate down the road. Very plausible scenario.

Edited by EBJNYC
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

"If" -- there is an RV -- it will probrably be SMALL with a "TURN-IN" deadline. By coming out SMALL the CBI payout will be SMALL for CURRENT dinar holders. And also CAPPED at a MAX with a DEADLINE if any BIG BOY SPECULATORS with deep pockets jump in. AFTER the deadline the CBI rides the TRUE VALUE to the top -- this TACTIC makes a GREAT DEAL of sense. No LOP -- yet CBI minimizes its LIABILITY payout -- and recoups this payout via a HIGHER exchange rate down the road. Very plausible scenario.

NOT EVEN A CLUE...

• Upvote 1

Why do people keep saying Shabibi said he will raise the value once the government is set??? Nowhere have I ever seen such a statement.

Where is it that Shabibi will pull the RV trigger b4 2011? Not saying he won't. I just want to see the source with my own eyes since people speak of it as fact and not speculation.

Geeze, thanks for the info. I will notify the UN and the IMF. Ya right.......