Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is there an Animal Vet online??Please Help no joke

carlablum

My son got one dog out but Boe and bob died. Ace the dog that survived is now in my arms , I gave him a bath but he keeps coughing more often in the last hour. cant get ahold of a vet. I wil explaine everything later, the house was a total loss but the kids are safe.

Crying,

Carla

Carla

I am soooo sorry i am not a VET...

All i can say is that we had something like that happen, and wrapped our dog in a blanket for warmth and helped to settle it's nerves.

We covered any cuts/scrapes/bites with a towel, and kept pressure on...

We then tried to get it to drink water, and continued to contact the VET.

WISH I COULD BE OF MORE HELP!!!

ret

My son got one dog out but Boe and bob died. Ace the dog that survived is now in my arms , I gave him a bath but he keeps coughing more often in the last hour. cant get ahold of a vet. I wil explaine everything later, the house was a total loss but the kids are safe.

Crying,

Carla

Run hot water in the bathroom and take him in there to breathe. Good luck, so sorry to hear that. Hang on girl ! I feel your pain !

Run hot water in the bathroom and take him in there to breathe. Good luck, so sorry to hear that. Hang on girl ! I feel your pain !

If it was a fire and firefighters where there ask them for help quickly !

Very hard time at the moment. Ace the surving dog coughs about every five minutes, the vets on this side of the mountan just have an answering machine. Ace is tired and is breathing fine but was wondering what to look for throughout the night. Will he be ok? My son......... Bless hi heart.... he broke the door open and got on his knees and ace ran out the door but Ryan my son carried Boe and Bob the other 2 dead dogs out of the burning house, son, Timberly and sakia are all well and I will let you know what has happened in a bit. Very sad and need to keep by the kids and Ace.

Thank you

Carla

Crying,

Carla

wrap him in a damp towel asap then a cozy one

i worked with exotic animals for along time.

get ahold of a local vet via google or yellow pages, there will be a 24/7 vet around you somewhere, he probably needs pure oxygen

Carla,

Not a vet but can tell your having problems. I know there are a lot of people on this site that can begin praying. Power of prayer can not be denied.

your not alone, Me and MY family lost a house and EVERYTHING we had in a house fire as well. If you need anything write me or my dad is on here as well, DLBFILM is his name here. we are already praying for you

sorry for what is going on , but need more info, I have a local vet that I could call if I had more info..

Ace was in the house for probably 10 minutes in the billowing smoke, He is coughing but seems ok otherwise. We baithed him, he is white but he looked black from the smoke. He won't drink any water. We need to know what we should be looking for through out the night. hope I'm making sense

Thank you so much to everyone,

Carla

wrap him in a damp towel asap then a cozy one

i worked with exotic animals for along time.

get ahold of a local vet via google or yellow pages, there will be a 24/7 vet around you somewhere, he probably needs pure oxygen

your not alone, Me and MY family lost a house and EVERYTHING we had in a house fire as well. If you need anything write me or my dad is on here as well, DLBFILM is his name here. we are already praying for you

Thank you!! I'm going to get the towel now

Edited by carlablum

Ace was in the house for probably 10 minutes in the billowing smoke, He is coughing but seems ok otherwise. We baithed him, he is white but he looked black from the smoke. He won't drink any water. We need to know what we should be looking for through out the night. hope I'm making sense

Carla

if you are looking at respiratory damage due to excessive carbon dixoide your best bet is to get to a vet if you cant get to a wallgreens or cvs or someplace that might have some kind of more pure oxygen he can be breathing in

Carla I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. A friend of mine is a vet and she lives in Australia so she may be online now. I will let her know you may be contacting her. Her website is www.Ask-the-Vet.com. Keep trying to contact a vet near you because that is the best thing but if she is there she may be able to offer some advice. Again, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss and the fire.

Carla

Thank you!! I'm going to get the towel now

what city are you in if you dont mind us asking, we can be looking for a vet for you if you would like.

or check online for an online vet:) there are many out there online 24/7 to give more expert advise

This probably isn't much help but I looked online and this is what I found:

Instructions

1. 1Evaluate your dog’s symptoms. If you fear your dog is suffering from smoke inhalation quickly evaluate her symptoms. Signs of this condition include heavy breathing, coughing, difficulty breathing and irritation of the eyes.
  2. 2If fire personnel are present ask if they can administer oxygen. A dog who receives oxygen immediately benefit from reduced carbon monoxide poisoning.
  3. 3Take your dog to the nearest animal hospital. If you have any suspicion that your canine is suffering from smoke inhalation immediate medical care is required. Give your vet a quick phone call to advice of your arrival. This will ensure that she is prepared to care for your dog upon arrival.
  4. 4Keep your dog calm. A dog is intuitive and pick up on our emotions. Remaining calm will ensure that your dog stays relaxed. Speak to her calmly and provide soothing actions like petting and comforting.
  5. 5Work with your vet to create a treatment plan. Depending on the severity of smoke inhalation will determine your dog’s course of treatment. If your dog is experiencing difficulty while breathing oxygen may be needed. Intravenous fluids will likely be administered along with eye medication if your dog’s eyes are irritated.

<BR itxtvisited="1"><BR itxtvisited="1"> Ask a Vet Online NowJustAnswer.com/Pets12 Veterinarians Are Online. Ask a Question, Get an Answer ASAP.<BR itxtvisited="1">Severe Anxiety SufferersBrookHavenRetreat.com/PeaceSuccessful Treatment for Women Female Only, Self Pay Facility

Read more: How to Recognize and Treat Smoke Inhalation in Dogs | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4495874_recognize-treat-smoke-inhalation-dogs.html#ixzz16B9VM49C

I have an email into my friend. Also, I found an online vet at askdvm in case my friend isn't there today. I've asked the question for you about what to do for Ace and hope to hear back shortly. Anything else the vet may need to know - maybe, what type of dog is Ace and how old is he?

How are smoke inhalation cases best treated?

Initial management involves stabilising the respiratory function and establishing a patent

airway. Animals with severe airway obstruction or fluid accumulation may require

intubations. Once this is performed the following steps are followed:

(i) oxygen is immediately administered to replace the carbon monoxide. Initially

it is administered at 100% and is weaned down to 40% as soon as possible.

The oxygen administration is continued for at least one hour.

(ii) Where the dog is in shock, or has extensive skin burns, fluid therapy should be

administered to support the cardiovascular system

(iii) Windpipe dilators should be administered to assist with inhalation

(iv) Humidification may be used to aid the clearance of secretions

(v) A single dose of cortisone may be needed if there is severe swelling of the

windpipe

(vi) Pain relief should be administered

(vii) Antibiotics should be used where there is indication of a respiratory infection

developing.

During the treatment process the patient’s vital signs (e.g. heart rate, respiratory rate,

mucous membrane colour) and temperature should be monitored. Also the dog’s arterial

blood gases should be frequently checked as they are helpful in assessing therapy.

Detecting the presence of lung complications and determining the dog’s chances of

survival. Chest x-rays should be taken every two hours initially, and blood tests should be

taken to watch for evidence of secondary infection.

What is the expected course and outcome of affected dogs?

Most dogs suffering from smoke inhalation deteriorate during the initial 24-48 hours and

then start improving unless they develop a bacterial infection or develop a respiratory

distress syndrome.

• Downvote 1