Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

De La Rue machines

Michelangelo

I'm sorry guys and gals but I read a few posts yesterday or the day before about the De La Rue machines, what type is needed to authenticate the Dinar and of locations.

I just can't seem to find that thread.

Can someone shed some light on this for me. I'm just trying to find the closest bank with the right machine.

Thanks,

By the way, I'm not planning on exchanging it all this way just enough to make plans for Belize and to finalize the off-shore corporation and account.

I checked with by bank last week and posed some hypothetical "what if's" Do they need to verify the bills, send them out, or something. They said, NO they have been informed on what to look for, as with any currency. I would just need to have an account for the exchange and if I wanted cash it would take several days as they don’t have that much on hand, if however I wanted it credited to my account then it would be instant.

The bank is Colorado State Bank and Trust.

• Upvote 1

If and when the RV hits we will find out.....right now IMO no one has a clue at the banks........I would think that they will have to be verified and bank tellers will not be making those decisions...in the past we have heard they would have to be sent to the federal reserve to be verified......but who knows....that was about the time banks were hiring extra help and training them for an influx of dinars......well we found out that wasn't true even though all the inside meetings with corporate bank executives was verified through many sites.....in my many years of hearing rumors I think I have heard it all........I'm still waiting for some rumor to come true and I feel the latest to be the best(hopefully) which is actually not a rumor(seating a government)

I plan to visit my bank today to ask them if they have a de la rue machine or something similar, so I can decide whether to cash in with Ali or not. I was completely sure about going through Ali, until I saw a thread that someone created about all these questions they had if they were to go through Ali. I have been a member of my bank since my early teens, so I would be very surprised if they do not have something to verify the authenticity of foreign currencies.

I know my local hair salon and mall food court all have something to verify if my bills are counterfeit or not.

Edited by prosperityclub

If and when the RV hits we will find out.....right now IMO no one has a clue at the banks........I would think that they will have to be verified and bank tellers will not be making those decisions...in the past we have heard they would have to be sent to the federal reserve to be verified......but who knows....that was about the time banks were hiring extra help and training them for an influx of dinars......well we found out that wasn't true even though all the inside meetings with corporate bank executives was verified through many sites.....in my many years of hearing rumors I think I have heard it all........I'm still waiting for some rumor to come true and I feel the latest to be the best(hopefully) which is actually not a rumor(seating a government)

Just FYI I have confirmed again with the bank manager that no outside verification will be necessary. I will need to complete the transaction with the manager or assistant manager, not a teller. Their point is that they don’t need to send out the pound or euro when they are exchanging, currencies. I asked about onsite verification and they where fully aware of the security features on the notes..i.e. watermarks, metal strip, holograms ect. Also note that I have been purchasing all of my dinar from this bank and have receipts for all of my purchases. Its just me but sending your dinar out or going through someone other then a financial institution, gives me the willies.

I just spoke to a manager at a Suntrust bank and they will exchange the Dinar right there on the spot and deposit the funds into your account. I thought that was pretty exciting news. It took a few phone calls and trying quite a few different banks, but I finally found one locally.

So if anyone is close to southwestern Virginia we won't have to drive far.

i just got off the phone w/ a rep for de la rue. ive been trying to determine the same thing for the last few days (and posted on it). they do not have any in my area, but i told him i was looking for a bank that can do an instant verification of the iraqi dinar and he said he would get back to me. the rep i spoke w/ deals w/ the carolinas, virginia, tennessee, and north georgia.

i agree about sending out my dinar. that is simply not happening, under any circumstances. i will not let it out of my hands until i see my new enlarged account balance on a screen in front of me and w/ paper verification.

Just FYI I have confirmed again with the bank manager that no outside verification will be necessary. I will need to complete the transaction with the manager or assistant manager, not a teller. Their point is that they don’t need to send out the pound or euro when they are exchanging, currencies. I asked about onsite verification and they where fully aware of the security features on the notes..i.e. watermarks, metal strip, holograms ect. Also note that I have been purchasing all of my dinar from this bank and have receipts for all of my purchases. Its just me but sending your dinar out or going through someone other then a financial institution, gives me the willies.

mr cool, which bank did you speak w/ that told you this?

It's not just you, I have to admit that cashing in at my local bank where they have known me for years and where I do all my regular financial transactions just seem so much more comfortable than sending my dinars out to a dealer that I do not know well, although they have an excellent reputation for selling dinars, not sure about buying back foreign currencies though.

prosperityclub I agree as well. IMO the amount of capital it would take to buy back the huge amount of Dinars coming in to one company that they have sold over the years, is mind blowing. Claims of instant wire transfers and walking out with documentation is one thing, those same transfers can disappear just as fast. I always look for the angle. It almost reminds me of the story about a small village and monkeys. Just change monkeys for Dinar.

One fine day a wise man makes a sudden appearance at a village with an offer to buy monkeys for 10 bucks apiece. Since there are many monkeys around, the villagers start catching them from the nearby forest.

The wise man buys the monkeys in thousands at 10 bucks each as promised. Since the monkeys have dwindled considerably by now, the villagers stop catching them. The wise man doubles his offer and pretty soon the villagers are chasing after the remaining monkeys. Soon monkeys are so rare that the villagers go back to their farms.

The wise man buys the next batch of monkeys in hundreds for the 20 bucks as promised and makes a new offer of 25 bucks per monkey but free monkeys have become almost extinct in these parts by now. Still he manages to buy a dozen or so monkeys at 25.

Now the wise man raises his offer to 50 ! The villagers try really hard but monkeys are nowhere to be found. Since he has to travel to the city to attend to an urgent business matter, the wise man authorizes a deputy to buy the monkeys on his behalf.

In his absence, the deputy shows the villagers the huge cages holding all the monkeys that have been caught and bought till date.

“Dear villagers, these are the monkeys that my boss has collected. I will give them to you at 35 apiece. By the time my boss returns, each monkey would be at least worth 70 bucks a piece; you can sell them back to my boss at a profit and double your money !”

The villagers cough up all their hard earned money down to the last penny and buy back all the monkeys at 35.

Then the deputy vanishes without a trace; the wise man is never heard of again in those parts. The villagers are poorer than ever but the nearby forests are rich with monkeys again !

But he keeps the monkeys IMO...........Always look for the angle!!

I just spoke to a manager at a Suntrust bank and they will exchange the Dinar right there on the spot and deposit the funds into your account. I thought that was pretty exciting news. It took a few phone calls and trying quite a few different banks, but I finally found one locally.

So if anyone is close to southwestern Virginia we won't have to drive far.

LOL...you serious? I do have a Suntrust account too...

Hmmm..in fact, I have accounts at WF and BB&T also..

The only way I will cash in at a branch, is if they won't charge me an arm and a leg to do it...

• Upvote 1

I read that a de la rue machine cannot actually authenticate the Iraqi dinar because of its advanced security features.

Maybe someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

Consider yourself corrected ... lol ... it reads the UV on the back ...

here's my last week's post on it http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/40828-list-of-locations-that-have-de-la-rue-machines/page__p__259866__fromsearch__1entry259866

here's my original post http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18952-stop-relying-on-your-certificate-and-de-la-rue-machines/page__p__121105__fromsearch__1entry121105

It was actually your post that i read and it pretty much says what i wrote.

It was actually your post that i read and it pretty much says what i wrote.

No ... you said, "I read that a de la rue machine cannot actually authenticate the Iraqi dinar because of its advanced security features."

I said that of all the sophisticated security features in the IQD it reads only the most simple one that can be easily duplicated ... which I still think is nonsense!

Now are we on the same page?

Peace

Doc31

• Upvote 1