Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq Exit Visa

f150stang

Found this on another site.

* Annonymous Tidbit by DDT Member

October 19, 2010 09:22 am · Posted in CHATS / POSTS · 16 Comments TIDBIT: This was emailed to me by one of you this AM. Thank you for sharing! – DD

Iraq Visa

I am a govt contractor in Iraq. The GOI quit issuing exit visa 2 days ago. Many of our employees are stuck in Baghdad. Could this be a sign the Dinar will be RVing soon? Why else would they not want us to leave?

• Upvote 6

October 19, 2010 09:22 am · Posted in CHATS / POSTS · 16 Comments TIDBIT: This was emailed to me by one of you this AM. Thank you for sharing! – DD

Iraq Visa

I am a govt contractor in Iraq. The GOI quit issuing exit visa 2 days ago. Many of our employees are stuck in Baghdad. Could this be a sign the Dinar will be RVing soon? Why else would they not want us to leave?

slip'em a couple of bucks you be alright.... :lol: :lol:

It could be just another contractual dispute. There have been several over the past couple of years. It usually happens when the Iraqi government doesn't like something in the SOFA agreement and/or they found something to use to squeeze more money out of the US government. I would hope that you are right but at the same time I wouldn't hold my breath. In any event please keep us posted. Go RV

• Upvote 1

Iraq Visa

If it was found on another site blink.gif "I DONT TRUST IT" but thanks for sharing. (sorry all)

biggrin.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Iraq Visa

Iraq Visa

[/quote

My husband had to come home via red cross two weeks ago for emergency leave, he had all the documentations that he normally needed to leave the country, but was stopped because he now needed an exit visa to leave the country and had to wait til visa was approved.

This is a real BUMMER, as I am one of the lost souls trying to leave. I nwas told tonight at 19:00 Baghdad Time I could be stuck here for up to 7 days. The US Embassy is involved but it is a money game. Someone is not happy with their standard of living and holding contractors hostage is a sure fired way to get someone to pay up.

If it was found on another site blink.gif "I DONT TRUST IT" but thanks for sharing. (sorry all)

biggrin.gif

Since I caught a little privet chatter from this let me be more to the point.

Let me take a min. and clarify as I do not want to come off here as an A$.

This is how rumors get started, to the person that started this question (Rumor) they have revoked travel Visa's many times this year alone. ( 3 that I know of things change and they hold Visa's thats it)

It has nothing to do with the RV, the RV will not effect travel. I have a LOT of information daily that I do not share as I do not want to look like another person from the rumor team!

(we all know who I'm referring to)

This is why I only look at - The Dinar Family Blog - Kelley's Blog - The News Hound - LaTimes - Washington Post - CNN - MSNBC - World News. (I hope you get the point)

Scooter, phenix, Frank, Adam Montana, and a few others speak with info they have researched first hand, or at least believe in, I can live with that.

(sorry I did not name everyone but there are more good guy's)

Many others just seam to scream out what ever comes to mind seeing if it gets folks stirred up. (and it does we have seen it, over, and over again)

We will all be wrong at times, this has never been done before, new ground here no guidelines, want-a-bees thrive in these waters, and people do get excited. (I know I do)

All I'm saying is carful folks; many are building list for the aftermath.

Where will they direct you're spending?

Do they have your best interest at heart, hhhmmmm?

Hell, do they even know what there talking about?

Some of these guys became Guru's only because "YOU" listened to them, so just be careful thats all.

I think I'll stop there, I'm not here to offend anyone altho this will bother those looking to gather sheeple!

Have a great week all; what I am herring is VERY exciting I believe we are looking at a very short period of time that is remaining! cool.gif

zzzzzzzzz,

• Upvote 6

who in the heck travels with out a current up to date visa. i come from america and sure better not leave home with out a current one, that will last at least 60 to 90 days . cmon folks they last 10 years read into whole big picture

rellum,

I don't know where you get your visa's, but I have never seen one that's good for ten years. Depending on the country, I have seen them good for anywhere from 30 days to 6 months. This also depends on the type of visa requested. Now, passports are good for 10 years. Two completely different animals.

Let's look at an example; let's say you have a need to quickly fly to Germany for some reason. Something came up and you need to fly soon, no time to plan ahead. A relative dies and you want to go to the funeral, maybe. Germany (as all of the EU, I believe) is currently visa free travel for people with passports from the USA. So, you book your flight and go. You don't need a visa, and as stable as Germany and the USA are, why bother? Plus, you wouldn't have time to get one.

Just one example. It becomes much more complex for the military folk when they have to deal with the red tape inside the military .... been there and done that crap.

BMWman

I think you guys mean the "Exit Stamp" ... there is an "Entry Stamp" when you come in and an "Exit Stamp" when you leave a country to show your travels basically. Honestly IMO they really don't pay too much attention to it. And those using Mil-Air can bypass it altogether unless the next country you go into gives you any issues saying they don't see an "Exit Stamp" from your last country you were in. A visa allows you to come and go inside that country as long as it is valid and not cancelled.

It could be just another contractual dispute. There have been several over the past couple of years. It usually happens when the Iraqi government doesn't like something in the SOFA agreement and/or they found something to use to squeeze more money out of the US government. I would hope that you are right but at the same time I wouldn't hold my breath. In any event please keep us posted. Go RV

Spot On!!!

They are just using the Exit Visa to negotiate a stronger position on some, likely unrelated, issue...

It has happened many times since we've been over there. It will happen again!

I think you guys mean the "Exit Stamp" ... there is an "Entry Stamp" when you come in and an "Exit Stamp" when you leave a country to show your travels basically. Honestly IMO they really don't pay too much attention to it. And those using Mil-Air can bypass it altogether unless the next country you go into gives you any issues saying they don't see an "Exit Stamp" from your last country you were in. A visa allows you to come and go inside that country as long as it is valid and not cancelled.

THe Entry/Exit Visa, is a little index sized card. You fill one out upon entry, and then when you leave; you complete the information on the Exit Visa The Ministry of Interior I beleive is who collects and records them all.

Iraq Visa

It sounds like you are going to be held for ransom.