Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Definition of Insider Trading

mrspen

Sorry but I just needed to post this. There are some heated discussions going on in the News posts and other places, where people are getting extremely upset about asking people with intel for exact information, dates, rates, links to intel, wanting sources stated, etc. Just curious if anyone has actually educated themselves on "Insider Trading Laws"? Regardless of if someone does know the date and the time, I highly doubt they would state it in writing on a public site. Having a source and respecting the privacy of that source also means that the "Source" will always remain confidential. No you're not getting a link to that persons direct intel that is confidential, no you're not going to see official government documents posted on a public site prior to it being announced to the public, and no, you will never be told who exactly is involved as far as our government goes, or any other power player that is not posted to the public by the media.

...............................................................................................................

Insider Trading

"Insider trading" is a term that most investors have heard and usually associate with illegal conduct. But the term actually includes both legal and illegal conduct. The legal version is when corporate insiders—officers, directors, and employees—buy and sell stock in their own companies. When corporate insiders trade in their own securities, they must report their trades to the SEC. For more information about this type of insider trading and the reports insiders must file, please read "Forms 3, 4, 5" in our Fast Answers databank.

Illegal insider trading refers generally to buying or selling a security, in breach of a fiduciary duty or other relationship of trust and confidence, while in possession of material, nonpublic information about the security. Insider trading violations may also include "tipping" such information, securities trading by the person "tipped," and securities trading by those who misappropriate such information.

Examples of insider trading cases that have been brought by the SEC are cases against:

Corporate officers, directors, and employees who traded the corporation's securities after learning of significant, confidential corporate developments;

Friends, business associates, family members, and other "tippees" of such officers, directors, and employees, who traded the securities after receiving such information;

Employees of law, banking, brokerage and printing firms who were given such information to provide services to the corporation whose securities they traded;

Government employees who learned of such information because of their employment by the government; and

Other persons who misappropriated, and took advantage of, confidential information from their employers.

Because insider trading undermines investor confidence in the fairness and integrity of the securities markets, the SEC has treated the detection and prosecution of insider trading violations as one of its enforcement priorities.

The SEC adopted new Rules 10b5-1 and 10b5-2 to resolve two insider trading issues where the courts have disagreed. Rule 10b5-1 provides that a person trades on the basis of material nonpublic information if a trader is "aware" of the material nonpublic information when making the purchase or sale. The rule also sets forth several affirmative defenses or exceptions to liability. The rule permits persons to trade in certain specified circumstances where it is clear that the information they are aware of is not a factor in the decision to trade, such as pursuant to a pre-existing plan, contract, or instruction that was made in good faith.

Rule 10b5-2 clarifies how the misappropriation theory applies to certain non-business relationships. This rule provides that a person receiving confidential information under circumstances specified in the rule would owe a duty of trust or confidence and thus could be liable under the misappropriation theory.

For more information about insider trading, please read Insider Trading—A U.S. Perspective, a speech by staff of the SEC.

My link

................................................................................................................

The link above is the only link you need to verify that you will not be receiving any non-public information prior to it being public. The people that have been bringing us intel have been giving us their "OPINONS". Respect that, and leave it at that. Many thanks to everyone that have brought us their IMHO, IMO, speculations, and helping us to interpret the news that has been made PUBLIC. Thanks for all that you do, and we look forward to you passing along intel when you're legally allowed to do so!!!

• Upvote 1

Thank you for sharing this. Once this was brought to my attention months ago in chat the exact info lost importance. I don't want to know. However, knowing that things are going well and that my investment is valid is still important to me. Speculation based on news and events and hearsay does exactly that. I know my investment is valid.

This site is also a great resource for understanding financial, governmental systems and what is really happening in Iraq. Because of the information shared I have a deeper understanding of what service to our country and Iraq involves.

Hopefully your insight will reduce the bashing and people will come to the realization that speculation is that-speculation. And there is more to this site than date and rate.

• Upvote 1

Guest Ratatap

Well since this is a public offering even though you can not buy it just anywhere, I do not think that anyone is doing insider trading and I would suppose the big boys made it so we can buy it so they are not summoned for insider trading.....Open the bag but don't let the cat out kind of a thing.......

GO RV !!!!!!!!

Sorry but I just needed to post this. There are some heated discussions going on in the News posts and other places, where people are getting extremely upset about asking people with intel for exact information, dates, rates, links to intel, wanting sources stated, etc. Just curious if anyone has actually educated themselves on "Insider Trading Laws"? Regardless of if someone does know the date and the time, I highly doubt they would state it in writing on a public site. Having a source and respecting the privacy of that source also means that the "Source" will always remain confidential. No you're not getting a link to that persons direct intel that is confidential, no you're not going to see official government documents posted on a public site prior to it being announced to the public, and no, you will never be told who exactly is involved as far as our government goes, or any other power player that is not posted to the public by the media.

...............................................................................................................

Insider Trading

"Insider trading" is a term that most investors have heard and usually associate with illegal conduct. But the term actually includes both legal and illegal conduct. The legal version is when corporate insiders—officers, directors, and employees—buy and sell stock in their own companies. When corporate insiders trade in their own securities, they must report their trades to the SEC. For more information about this type of insider trading and the reports insiders must file, please read "Forms 3, 4, 5" in our Fast Answers databank.

Illegal insider trading refers generally to buying or selling a security, in breach of a fiduciary duty or other relationship of trust and confidence, while in possession of material, nonpublic information about the security. Insider trading violations may also include "tipping" such information, securities trading by the person "tipped," and securities trading by those who misappropriate such information.

Examples of insider trading cases that have been brought by the SEC are cases against:

Corporate officers, directors, and employees who traded the corporation's securities after learning of significant, confidential corporate developments;

Friends, business associates, family members, and other "tippees" of such officers, directors, and employees, who traded the securities after receiving such information;

Employees of law, banking, brokerage and printing firms who were given such information to provide services to the corporation whose securities they traded;

Government employees who learned of such information because of their employment by the government; and

Other persons who misappropriated, and took advantage of, confidential information from their employers.

Because insider trading undermines investor confidence in the fairness and integrity of the securities markets, the SEC has treated the detection and prosecution of insider trading violations as one of its enforcement priorities.

The SEC adopted new Rules 10b5-1 and 10b5-2 to resolve two insider trading issues where the courts have disagreed. Rule 10b5-1 provides that a person trades on the basis of material nonpublic information if a trader is "aware" of the material nonpublic information when making the purchase or sale. The rule also sets forth several affirmative defenses or exceptions to liability. The rule permits persons to trade in certain specified circumstances where it is clear that the information they are aware of is not a factor in the decision to trade, such as pursuant to a pre-existing plan, contract, or instruction that was made in good faith.

Rule 10b5-2 clarifies how the misappropriation theory applies to certain non-business relationships. This rule provides that a person receiving confidential information under circumstances specified in the rule would owe a duty of trust or confidence and thus could be liable under the misappropriation theory.

For more information about insider trading, please read Insider Trading—A U.S. Perspective, a speech by staff of the SEC.

My link

................................................................................................................

The link above is the only link you need to verify that you will not be receiving any non-public information prior to it being public. The people that have been bringing us intel have been giving us their "OPINONS". Respect that, and leave it at that. Many thanks to everyone that have brought us their IMHO, IMO, speculations, and helping us to interpret the news that has been made PUBLIC. Thanks for all that you do, and we look forward to you passing along intel when you're legally allowed to do so!!!

Excuse my ignorance but i thought wanting to know about exactly when and how the rv is to occur asap doesnt give us any advantage of making more money or an unfair advantage of those not in the know.

How can that be construed as insider trading?

Excuse my ignorance but i thought wanting to know about exactly when and how the rv is to occur asap doesnt give us any advantage of making more money or an unfair advantage of those not in the know.

How can that be construed as insider trading?

My best answer to that quesion is - Find some intel from a government official that is not public, post it on a public site and include your sources name and contact information, and see what happens.

Well since this is a public offering even though you can not buy it just anywhere, I do not think that anyone is doing insider trading and I would suppose the big boys made it so we can buy it so they are not summoned for insider trading.....Open the bag but don't let the cat out kind of a thing.......

GO RV !!!!!!!!

CORRECT! No one on this site is doing illegal Insider Trading. It is legal to buy and sell IQD - what is not legal is to disclose gov information that has not yet been released to the public. Speculation and opinions are fine. Although every time someone states their opinion, its followed by 5 pages of requests for "proof, links, sources, etc". I'm just happy that everyone giving us good OPINIONS continues to do so even though others bash them and expect them to disclose information they are not entitled to legally disclose.

If you want some interesting reading on what happens when information is leaked too early, follow this link. Just a little something you may remember http://www.sec.gov/news/press/2003-69.htm