Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iranian official calls for negotiations with Washington in Iraq

yota691

Iran accuses two countries of turning OPEC into a US tool

Iran accuses two countries of turning OPEC into a US tool

Twilight News    
 8 hours ago

(Reuters) - Saudi Arabia and Russia are "tightening" the oil market as President Donald Trump tries to impose new sanctions on Tehran and halt its oil sales altogether, OPEC's governor said on Saturday.

Washington wants to halt Iranian oil exports entirely by November, encouraging producers such as Saudi Arabia and other Opec members and Russia to pump more to cover shortages.

"Russia and Saudi Arabia claim that they seek to strike a balance in the global oil market, but are trying to take part of Iran's share," Hossein Kazempour Ardebili was quoted by the Oil Ministry's Web site as saying.

"Trump's efforts to cut Iran's access to the world crude market have pushed Russia and Saudi Arabia to lean on the market," he said.

Kazempour Ardebili told Reuters the United States would find it difficult to shut down his country's oil exports entirely because the market was already running short and rival producers could not make up for the shortage.

He accused Moscow and Riyadh on Saturday of welcoming sanctions on Iran for their own interests and warned that such actions would hurt OPEC's credibility.

"Saudi Arabia and the UAE are turning OPEC into a US tool," he said.

Under pressure from Trump to cut oil prices, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and its allies agreed in June to increase production after they took part in a production cutdown that has been in place since 2017.

While OPEC production has increased since then, Saudi Arabia has added less crude than initially indicated.

Keywords: 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The most important indicators of the movement of global markets over the weekend

16/9/2018 12:00 am 

Capitals / agencies

The situation in emerging markets once again attracted global market concerns last week, amid a surprise move by the central bank by taking measures to stop currency losses.

On the other hand, the oil map around the world tests with real increase in oil production by OPEC amid concerns about the decline in demand for crude on the back of the impact of the global economy from trade frictions. 
Oil markets 
South Korea became the first to react to US sanctions against Iran after it halted its oil exports from Tehran last month, while OPEC output rose 278,000 bpd last month, boosted by increased supplies from Libya and Iraq. The founder and chairman of a global energy consulting firm also predicted that US sanctions on the Iranian oil sector, which will come into force in November, will likely push crude prices above $ 100 a barrel. The International Energy Agency (IEA) To a record high last month, driven by increased supplies from an organization
 OPEC. Currency Crisis Numera has identified seven emerging-market currencies vulnerable to an exchange rate crisis, with some of the leading currencies in those markets experiencing a sharp drop in value against the US dollar. The currencies are from Turkey, Argentina, Sri Lanka, Egypt, South Africa, Pakistan and Ukraine, the company said in a recent report. Five of these seven countries are either experiencing a currency crisis or implementing a program set up by the International Monetary Fund, making South Africa and Pakistan a potential crisis. Turkey's central bank has decided to raise the interest rate by 625 basis points to exceed expectations, in a move aimed at countering losses of the pound, which collapsed more than 40 percent this year. European Central Bank

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Hotcurl said:

I am paraphrasing here and its late Friday night here but, as best as I can recall at the moment, something to the effect of, " Tell Vlad  everything will be OK after the election "

I believe the comment was "Tell Vlad I will have more flexibility after the election". Flexibility for what??

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Remarks
Michael R. Pompeo 
Secretary of State
Press Briefing Room
Washington, DC
September 14, 2018

https://www.state.gov/secretary/remarks/2018/09/285934.htm

SECRETARY POMPEO: Good afternoon, everyone.

QUESTION: Good afternoon.

SECRETARY POMPEO: Before I get started, I want to let our fellow Americans know who are affected by Hurricane Florence that our prayers are with them. I understand there may well have been loss of life. Our heart goes out to them. Thanks, too, to all the first responders, military, civilian and the like, who are doing such good work. The federal government’s help is there, and we still continue to encourage every American who’s in the threatened path to listen to government officials and take heed to their words.

We’re also aware that there’s a typhoon in the Pacific Ocean right now which will take a toll on our friends in the Philippines. Our prayers are with them as well. State Department teams are ready to deliver the appropriate help to the region at the right time.

As you all know, on Wednesday, President Trump signed an executive order that made clear that our administration will not tolerate foreign interference in our democratic processes. Elections are the foundation of our democracy, and preserving their integrity is a matter of protecting sovereignty and American national security.

Foreign malicious actors have used information technology and social media to open new fronts in their efforts to undermine our democracy and our core institutions. These actors want to turn Americans against one another and convince us that our institutions, our ideals, are defective. But we are resolved to defeat these efforts and make clear that those who interfere with our liberties will pay a price.

In the last few years, Russia has been particularly aggressive in using its cyber capabilities, disinformation, and other covert means to attempt to sow instability in America. As this executive order makes clear, if Russia or any other foreign government or persons acting on their behalf interfere in the United States election, there will be swift and severe consequences.

The order provides for mandatory sanctions against foreign persons determined to have participated in interference in our elections. It also provides for additional measures that could be capable of devastating or interfering in our country’s economy. And if the government of that country authorized, directed, or sponsored, or supported election interference, we’re going to come after them.

The State Department will continue to work closely with other agencies to identify, expose – and expose foreign interference directed against American elections, no matter which entity initiated it. We’ll also continue to work with our partners around the world to stand against these threats to democracy wherever – and however – they rear their head.

I want to spend just a few minutes on this Friday afternoon talking about the team here at the State Department as well. Yesterday was a great day. It was a proud day. After Senate confirmation, President Trump conferred on four of our officers the position of Career Ambassador. Four of the State Department’s finest: Philip Goldberg, David Hale, my Under Secretary for Political Affairs Michele Sison, and Dan Smith.

This is the highest and most prestigious rank at the Foreign Service. They should all be very proud. I know I’m proud of them. The American people too should be proud of Phil, David, Michele, and Dan representing our country. They have all proven over many years of service that their outstanding diplomatic skills and leadership qualities are much needed and that they are delivering. They’re an inspiration, too. They’re great leaders. I congratulate them all on behalf of the all of my State Department colleagues.

It’s a good step towards strengthening the State Department’s leadership, something I have put at the top of my priority set in my first now several months here. I know that American diplomacy is most agile and most effective when we have our entire team in place. We need to have that senior leadership team empowered.

To that end, we do have some new leaders already making an impact. I mentioned David Hale. He’s my Under Secretary for Political Affairs. We also have Director of Policy Planning Kiron Skinner, who I have not mentioned at the podium before. She is highly distinguished academic, knowledgeable across a broad range of issues, and she is going to make sure the best foreign policy ideas rise to the top here at the State Department.

When I went before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee I only made a couple of promises, but one of them was that I would get the team on the field. I knew that this was critical to strengthening the finest diplomatic corps in the world, and that’s what I said that day. I told them I’d do my part, that I would fill those positions, I would work with the President to get the individuals nominated, and we have made great progress getting confirmable positions filled, and we need that progress to continue.

The places where we still have gaps, places like Western Hemisphere, where we have challenges in Venezuela and Nicaragua and in Mexico and the Northern Triangle – important areas, we need a leader.

We haven’t had an under secretary for management here for quite some time. We need a confirmed person.

And in Near Eastern Affairs, a place that I have spent a great deal of my time in these first months, we are still looking for confirmation of our assistant secretary.

The list is long. I could go on. And I am just hopeful that we can finish the process so that both the Executive and Legislative Branch will have what it is I know each of us wants: a fully-fielded, capable team executing America’s foreign policy.

And with that, I am happy to take a few questions.

MS NAUERT: And I’ll call on you, just to help along. Matt Lee from the Associated Press to start. And you have one question each, please.

SECRETARY POMPEO: Hello, Matt.

QUESTION: Sure, hi. Good afternoon, sir. I was going to ask you about your interior decorating plans at your new house, but I thought I would instead start with something a little bit more mundane on the policy-wise. And that is that – on a policy question, that is that last night President Trump tweeted about one of your predecessors, Secretary Kerry, saying that he was having, quote/unquote, “illegal meetings” with Iran’s foreign minister in what others have said is an attempt to undermine or subvert or coach the Iranians on how to get around or avoid the new – your new harder, tougher policy on Iran.

I’m wondering if you share the President’s view that these meetings are illegal. And whether you do or not, if you have noticed in your attempts to get the Europeans and others, to get them on board with the new U.S. policy, and that efforts by Secretary Kerry, or any other former official for that matter, is interfering in or undermining your efforts.

SECRETARY POMPEO: So I’ll leave the legal determinations to others. But what Secretary Kerry has done is unseemly and unprecedented. This is a former secretary of state engaged with the world’s largest state sponsor of terror, and according to him – right? You don’t have to take my word for it. He – these are his answers. He was talking to them. He was telling them to wait out this administration.

You can’t find precedent for this in U.S. history, and the secretary ought not – Secretary Kerry ought not to engage in that kind of behavior. It’s inconsistent with what foreign policy of the United States is, as directed by this President, and it is beyond inappropriate for him to be engaged in this. I remember, I saw him. I saw him in Munich at the Security Conference. He was there with – if I have my facts right, because I think I saw them all with my own eyes – Secretary Moniz and Wendy Sherman, the troika. And I am confident that they met with their troika counterparts, although one can perhaps ask Secretary Kerry if my recollection with respect to that is accurate.

I wasn’t in the meeting, but I am reasonably confident that he was not there in support of U.S. policy with respect to the Islamic Republic of Iran, who this week fired Katyusha rockets toward the United States embassy in Baghdad and took action against our consulate in Basra.

MS NAUERT: Next question.

QUESTION: Well, I just – has it had an impact? Has it hurt your efforts? That’s the – that’s just it, or --

SECRETARY POMPEO: I’ve --

QUESTION: Okay.

SECRETARY POMPEO: I think you understand what I – which it is that former secretaries of state – all of them from either political party – ought not to be engaged in – actively undermining U.S. policy as a former secretary of state is literally unheard of.

MS NAUERT: Lesley Wroughton from Reuters.

QUESTION: Secretary, good afternoon. I wanted to reach out to you regarding Russia and China are suggesting at the Security Council that you should be – the United States and others should be easing sanctions against North Korea given progress in their eyes so far in the denuclearization process. What signs are you seeing that they are perhaps not sticking to the sanctions, and how is that damaging your efforts at trying to get a full denuclearization from North Korea?

SECRETARY POMPEO: So two things to say in this regard. One is that I spoke with Ambassador Haley about this earlier today. Russia has actively attempted to undermine the UN Security Council resolutions, the work of the 1718 Committee, the committee at the UN that evaluates compliance with sanctions, by attempting to change the language there. I hope that the 1718 Committee will do what it has historically done – remain independent and report on the facts as they know it and not allow a single country, in this case Russia, to draft language and have it inserted. I hope they will publish the original document that they intended to publish, which shows – it shows clear activities related to sanctions and sanctions violations. It’s important; it’s the date set that underlays not American sanctions but the world’s sanctions from the UN Security Council.

Your question was broader than just that. The United States is as committed as ever to continuing to enforce those UN Security Council resolutions. We believe they are central to President Trump’s efforts to convince Chairman Kim that full, final denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula is necessary and that it needs to be done in a way that the world can see that there’s been this strategic change in Chairman Kim’s core understanding of how he will provide a better future for the North Korean people. He said it at the summit in Singapore and we are still continuing to have many conversations with the DPRK about how to effectuate achieving all the commitments that were made during the Singapore summit.

MS NAUERT: Elise, from CNN.

QUESTION: Thank you. Good afternoon, Mr. Secretary.

SECRETARY POMPEO: Yes, ma’am.

QUESTION: On – by September 30th the administration has to give a determination or a decision to Congress about the levels of refugees that will be admitted into the U.S. for the next fiscal year, and there seems to be a debate or a discussion among some who are thinking of it as more of a national security issue and want to keep the levels consistent at a level around 45,000, while there are some that think it should be significantly lower, in the twenty thousands. I’m not sure if you want to give a specific amount, but can you talk to us about your thoughts about how you’re seeing the level of refugees that should be coming in in the near future?

SECRETARY POMPEO: So there will be an announcement soon. You – the date – the deadline is, in fact, this fiscal year and so I’m confident that the national security team will deliver the President’s recommendation. He’ll make his decision about the appropriate level. It is absolutely a national security decision and it is also worth everyone here remembering that this is the most generous of nations when it comes to accepting persons from outside of our country. I am – I’m incredibly proud not only of what we have done as a historical matter, but the way the Trump administration has dealt with this issue as well. I am confident that the decision that comes out of this issue with respect to refugees for next fiscal year, America will remain among the most generous nations with respect to taking persons from outside of our country. We always have and I fully expect that will continue.

MS NAUERT: Last question.

QUESTION: Can you say what your particular thoughts are in terms of numbers?

SECRETARY POMPEO: No, I share those thoughts with the President and then when we have a decision from him we’ll announce it. Thank you.

MS NAUERT: Last question, Rich Edson from Fox News.

QUESTION: Thanks, Heather. Mr. Secretary, do you think that this effort that you were discussing with the JCPOA, do you think it goes beyond those you mentioned, Secretary Kerry and Wendy Sherman? Do you think there are other former administration officials who are advising the Europeans and the Iranians? And will the administration sanction members or the board members or the entity of SWIFT if they continue to process Iranian transactions?

SECRETARY POMPEO: So second question first. I don’t know the decision with respect to SWIFT in particular. There are still a number of decisions pending before the November 1st deadline – excuse me, November 4th deadline that we’ve got to make about waivers or potential waivers, and we’re working our way through each of those. But make no mistake about it, come November 4th there will be a fundamentally different set of rules with respect to anyone who deems it necessary to engage with – in economic activity with the Islamic Republic of Iran.

It is a big, important day. You can see many countries already taking actions to move out of Iran, to discontinue doing business with them in advance of the November 4th deadline. They understand I think not only the seriousness of the U.S. sanctions but I think they’re also coming to see that this activity is supporting the exact kinds of malign activity that President Trump has been talking about since the first day he took office, whether it’s providing missiles that the Houthis launch into airports in the Gulf states or the activities we’ve seen taken by Shia militias against American interests or the assassination efforts underway in the heart of Europe.

I think the world is beginning to see that the challenge is much bigger than anything that the JCPOA even pretended to have addressed. And I also see they're thinking comments – they’re seeing statements like the ones that the Iranians have said this week. They’ve said, boy, if we end up withdrawing, we’ll start from a much higher level. I may have the quote off just a little bit but I’m very close. Wow, what does that say about the existence of the agreement, right? They’re going to start from a much higher level. It tells you that the agreement itself didn’t stop all of the paths to nuclear weapons in the way that it was sold to the American people.

Did I answer? You may have had a first question that I --

QUESTION: And the first question was are there any more administration officials who – previous administration officials who you believe are influencing allies and Iran? And also Secretary Kerry had mentioned that he thinks that the policy of this administration is regime change towards Iran. Is that the policy?

SECRETARY POMPEO: No, it’s not the policy. Ambassador Bolton and I both made very clear that’s not U.S. policy, in repeated sets of remarks. We are very supportive of the Iranian people having the leadership that they want. And as for whether there are other former administration officials engaged in that behavior, I won’t say today. Only to the extent that they are, the admonitions that I suggested for former Secretary Kerry would apply to them as well.

MS NAUERT: Thank you, everybody.

SECRETARY POMPEO: Thank you all.

MS NAUERT: We’ve got to go. Thank you.

SECRETARY POMPEO: You all have a – you all have a great weekend.

https://www.state.gov/secretary/remarks/2018/09/285934.htm

Edited by Butifldrm
  • Thanks 2

Iran Accuses French Police Of Slow Response To Attack On Paris Embassy

September 16, 2018

Iranian embassy in Paris was attacked on 15 Sep 2018.
Iranian embassy in Paris was attacked on 15 Sep 2018.

Iran has accused police in Paris of failing to respond quickly to what it called an attack against its embassy in the French capital by Kurdish activists.

A spokesman for Iran’s Foreign Ministry confirmed on September 15 that the attack occurred a day earlier, “with a number of arrests” made.

“The French government should take all necessary measures to protect Iranian diplomatic missions in that country,” ministry spokesman Bahram Qassemi was quoted as saying by the official government news agency IRNA.

“Unfortunately, the French police did not arrive as expected on the scene on time, although the assailants were members of a terrorist organization,” he added.

But at the same time Qassemi said that several people have been arrested for the attack.

“The attack saw 15 Komala terrorists hurling stones and debris, spray-painting graffiti, breaking several windows and slightly damaging the diplomatic facility’s façade on Friday evening, September 14", the state-run Radio and TV news network (IRIB) reported on Saturday.

However, a Kurdish activist based in Paris told Radio Farda that he is not aware of Komala members being involved in the attack. Komala, for its part, has not yet commented on the allegation.

The semiofficial Fars news agency reported that about 15 Kurdish activists burned the Iranian flag in front of the embassy during the incident and broke some windows with stones.

Reuters reported that police in Paris confirmed an incident at the embassy, but declined to comment on the speed of their response.

Iran has accused France of supporting opposition groups seeking to overthrow the Islamic Republic. France has rejected the allegations.

The assembly was organized by France based Kurdish societies to protest recent Islamic Revolution Guards Corps’ missile attack on the headquarters of Kurdistan Democratic party of Iran (KDPI) in northern Iraq and execution of three young Kurdish political activists.

The Kurdish source, on condition of anonymity, also said that the assembly was held under French police surveillance, ended at 2:45 pm and the participants, 150-200 persons, dispersed.

Iran’s Revolutionary Guards fired seven missiles last week at the headquarters in northern Iraq of the Democratic Party of Iranian Kurdistan (PDKI), an armed opposition group that fights for more autonomy for Iran’s Kurdish community. Iranian media have reported that at least 11 people were killed in the attacks.

https://en.radiofarda.com/a/iran-accuses-france-slow-response-attack-on-embassy/29491833.html

• Upvote 1

Europe Must Offset US Pullout From Nuclear Deal - Zarif

2 hours ago

European Union High Representative Federica Mogherini, right, greets Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif prior to a meeting in Brussels on Monday, March 16, 2015.

European Union High Representative Federica Mogherini, right, greets Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif prior to a meeting in Brussels on Monday, March 16, 2015.

BERLIN, Sept 15 (Reuters) -

Europe should take action to neutralize the consequences of the U.S. decision to quit a 2015 Iran nuclear accord to ensure its own long-term economic interests, Iran's Foreign Minister said in an interview published on Saturday.

Mohammed Javad Zarif told Germany's Der Spiegel news magazine that Iran could "reduce its implementation" of the agreement and possibly increase uranium enrichment activities if the nuclear agreement was jeopardized by "the actions of the Americans and the passivity of the Europeans."

"The Europeans and other signatories must act to offset the consequences of the U.S. sanctions," Zarif told the magazine, calling a package of measures drafted by Europe an important step that should now be implemented.

"What is paramount: Europe should do so not for Iran, but for its own sovereign and long-term economic interests."

European Union officials strongly oppose the May decision by the United States to withdraw from the nuclear agreement, and have sought to salvage the deal in some form.

Germany on Friday said it was considering setting up a payment system with its European partners that would allow continued business transactions with Iran once U.S. sanctions kick in.

However, German officials concede privately that such a system would not prevent big companies that rely on U.S. exports to escape U.S. sanctions if they continue to sell to Iran.

Zarif said Tehran's biggest priority was to continue to sell a reasonable amount oil worldwide and return the proceeds to Iran, as well encouraging investment and cooperation in areas such as technology and research.

"Europe said the nuclear agreement was in its security interest. Then Europe must be ready to pay for its security," Zarif said. "Nothing is for free." He said Europe should be "ready to pay for its security" by implementing a European Union "blocking agreement" under which it can punish European firms for withdrawing from Iranian business deals to avoid U.S. sanctions.

"The question is whether European wants its companies to follow European laws or American ones, or whether it will submit to the American dictates," Zarif said. He said Iran had options to act if Europe failed to act to compensate Iran for the U.S. sanctions.

"We do not necessarily have to cancel (the agreement). Article 36 of the agreement and Security Resolution 2231 make it possible to reduce implementation, without cancelling it," he said.

Asked if Iran could resume increased enrichment of uranium, he said, "That would be one of the possibilities."

Zarif said Tehran would not "waste its time" on additional negotiations with the United States about Iran's behavior in the region unless Washington rescinded its decision to withdraw from the nuclear agreement.

"Only when Europe ensures that (the agreement) is implemented can Iran see if the attempt should be made to talk about other issues," he said.

https://en.radiofarda.com/a/iran-zarif-says-europe-must-offset-us-sanctions/29491868.html

• Upvote 2

Release date: 2018/9/15 23:15 • 83 times read
Iranian official: OPEC has lost a lot of credibility
[Where Follow-up] 
announced Iran , the governor of the [OPEC] Hussein Kazempour Ardebili, said Saturday that the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries ( OPEC ), "no longer has much credibility" after around some countries to "tool in the hands of the United States."
"Saudi Arabia and the UAE are turning OPEC into an organization that no longer has credibility," Kazempour Ardebili told the Shana news agency of the Iranian Oil Ministry. 
"OPEC is losing its organizational character and turning it into a forum," said Ardebili. 
In a move strongly opposed by Iran, OPEC and other producer countries, including Russia in June, agreed to increase crude oil production by about 1 million barrels per day in a direction that reverses the Organization's cut production policy in recent years and helped manage surplus production and raise prices. 
Kazempour Ardebili told Reuters on Friday the United States would find it difficult to shut down his country's oil exports entirely because the market is already in short supply and rival producers can not compensate for the shortage.
  • Upvote 1

An American warning of the "explosion" of the situation in Iraq on the occasion of the mobilization of loyalists to Washington and Tehran

zoon-500x248.jpg

WASHINGTON, Sept. 16 (Xinhua) - The US magazine Economist has warned that Iraq is in danger of exploding as a result of the conflict between Washington and Tehran over the formation of the Iraqi government from the walls of the Green Zone.

The magazine said in a report on Sunday that "the US-Iranian conflict in Iraq left it without a government, and that the Iraqi capital was not at its best for decades. The facades of restaurants were renovated and new shopping centers appeared every month. The cranes, Saddam Hussein in 2003 began to move as wealthy Iraqis began to invest in the country instead of transferring their money abroad. The weary faces of the clerics, who covered the billboards, were replaced by bright banners for girls in Samat. Fans of rock music gathered at a festival on the banks of the Tigris River.

"These developments would not have been possible without improved security in Baghdad since it resisted an offensive attack in 2014, but the city's recovery is facing a new threat, this time from the United States and Iran and their proxy groups," she said.

"Within the Green Zone, the US envoy to the coalition, Brett McGurk, and Qasim Soleimani, commander of the Quds Force of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, are mobilizing pro-national groups," the magazine said.

"After an inconclusive election in May 2018, each of them tries to influence the formation of the next Iraqi government in the way it wants," she said, adding that "Iran wants the Shiite house, which is 200 deputies of the 329 deputies in parliament to form the Iraqi government Coming, this coalition has been collected from the dispersal of a number of small Shiite blocs and large.

"McGourke aspires to be led by a non-sectarian government that includes Sunnis, Kurds and national Shiite leaders who are less connected to Iran. The Reform coalition has 145 seats, and the construction coalition has 109 or more seats," it said. Came out of the walls of the Green Zone, and despite the fight between US and Iranian leaders in tandem in the fight against the organization is calling, but they are at odds now.

"On September 6, 2018, mortar bombs were fired at the US Embassy in Baghdad as well as its consulate in Basra, the first attacks by Shiite factions against US targets since 2011. Two days later, Iran fired missiles against a Kurdish base in the nearby Iraqi town of Koya Its borders, and this is the first time Tehran has carried out an attack on Iraqi territory since the war between the two countries that broke out in the eighties of the last century.

"Iran is flexing its muscles in Basra, the neglected city in the south and close to the Iranian border, where it has blocked the rivers it supplies and cut off electricity from it. Residents protested the closure of a highway leading to the oil fields and the port, which depends 90% of government resources on him.

She explained that "the security forces tried to control the situation by imposing a curfew and shooting at the protesters to inflame the fire and push them to burn the Iranian consulate in Basra."

"These events should have changed the behavior of the politicians in Baghdad. When they competed among themselves over the inconclusive elections in 2014, the fighters of the organization attacked and occupied Mosul with much of northern and western Iraq, leading to a three-year war."

https://www.iraqpressagency.com/?p=285638

• Upvote 1

Iran OPEC Boss Lambasts Saudi Arabia, UAE for Welcoming Iran Oil Sanctions
Iran OPEC Boss Lambasts Saudi Arabia, UAE for Welcoming Iran Oil Sanctions

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran's OPEC Governor Hossein Kazempour Ardebili said not much is left of OPEC's international credibility as an organization thanks to the measures taken by such members as Saudi Arabia and the UAE against other founding members like Iran.

In an exclusive interview with Shana, the official said Russia and Saudi Arabia could not enhance their crude oil output easily at least for the next 12 months, saying Libya and Iraq, however, are raising their oil supply to the market.

The following is the English translation of the interview.

Q: Saudi Arabia's crude oil output is purportedly more than what is claimed. What is the crude oil output of this country now?

A: OPEC's August report, based on secondary sources, shows that Saudi Arabia's oil production reached 10.401 mbd, which is 343,000 bd above its commitment based on the decision made at the OPEC 171st Meeting in November 2016. Statistics, however, indicate a surge in this figure. Platts and the Petroleum Intelligence Weekly, two secondary sources, reported Saudi Arabia's oil production in June and July at 10.630 mbd and 10.860 mbd, respectively. However, at the request of Saudi Arabia, and manipulation of these two sources, the country's output was announced at 10.320 mbd and 10.290 mbd for the two months. These two sources lost their credibility by such doing. The reason why Saudi Arabia has done so is clear; because it did not want to be accused of distorting the market and lowering oil prices and also increasing oil inventories of OECD countries.

Q: Can Saudi Arabia produce 12 million barrels of oil a day?

A: We have to wait, because Saudi consumption in summer for such sectors as refining and power generation is high. However, Saudi oil production records have never been registered at 11 million barrels per day. Saudi Arabia has tapped its stockpiles of about 240 million barrels based on the latest estimates to bring its oil production to 12 mbd, a record the kingdom had previously registered during occupation of Kuwait by Iraq, as well as the overthrow of Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein. Again, Riyadh will need to tap its oil inventories to strike such production levels. According to Joint Organisations Data Initiative (JODI), Saudi Arabia's crude oil stockpiles stood at 325 mb by the end of 2015, but reversed in 2016 and 2017 when part of the country's crude oil supply of respectively 10.460 mbd and 9.954 mbd was provided by tapping the stockpiles. The stockpiles dropped by 80 million barrels in 2016 and 2017 to reach 245 mb in 2017. Such level of inventories would suffice for eight months if 1 mbd of crude is withdrawn from them. Saudi Arabia can use its surplus capacity to scale up its production to 11 mbd in fewer than 90 days, which means it will harm its surplus production capacity, agitating the prices.

Of course, I should note that a delegation from the Department of Energy of the United States made a hero's return home from a visit to Saudi Arabia in June as it was decided that Saudi Arabia's oil production was set for a raise from October. But the country's maximum production capacity is the same as that in June and July.

Q: The Joint Ministerial Monitoring Committee (JMMC) of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) in July approved of Russia's 150,000 b/d production increase and 100,000 b/d production raise by UAE and 85,000 b/d by Kuwait. Was it all?

A: This is a clear misconduct by the JMMC because the JMMC is not allowed to re-distribute over-compliance or production increases of the member countries; it's just a monitoring  institution. Even now, countries are almost free to ramp up their output, as Libyan production has increased by 926,000 bd and Nigeria over 1.726 mbd, and Iraq is constantly increasing production, regardless of its commitment. In August, Iraq’s crude oil production stood at 4.649 million barrels per day, up by 88,000 b/d from October. Given the fact that Iran's oil production is still continuing, the increase in oil production in these countries could be translated as an increase in the global reserves of the OECD countries and their preparedness for replacing the reduction in Iran’s crude oil export Whereas  reducing  the inventories of OECD countries was one of the goals of the OPEC-Non OPEC agreement in 2016. According to the OPEC report for September, OECD countries' oil stocks are now at 2.830 billion barrels, which is 194 million barrels fewer than last year levels and 43 million barrels lower than the average levels for the past five years. With the continuation of this production trend, undoubtedly, the commercial stocks of these countries would soar up again, leading to the drawing down of oil prices, even though there is currently an uptrend in the market over fears and concerns about the removal of Iranian oil from the market.

Q: As you said, Iraq's oil production is increasing, regardless of its commitments. How would OPEC members respond to Iraq? And will the Iraqi oil production continue to grow?

A: Iraq's oil production continues to grow thanks to the presence of international and American energy majors in the country. The latest report by Wood Mackenzie (Energy Research & Consultancy) suggests that the country's oil production will stabilize at 4.48 mbd in 2019. But as regards dealing with Iraq, OPEC is also an organization whose decision-making mechanism relies on the political will of the member countries and there is no punitive mechanisms for members.

Q: How have your warnings to Saudi Arabia, and sometimes to Russia, affected the production of these countries?

A: What I have been saying in my warnings was diverse. On the one hand, Russia and Saudi Arabia, under the pretext of balancing the supply and demand of the world, are seeking a part   of Iran's market share; on the other hand, some OPEC members are hands in hands with the United States to strike some OPEC founding members. Indeed, Mr. Trump's attempt to prevent Iran from appearing on the global crude oil markets has allowed Russia and Saudi Arabia, which would not favor low prices, to pursue hostage-taking policies in the market.

Our occasional warnings may not have changed the behavior of countries in the short-term, since each country is trying to sell its oil at high prices to boost its revenues, but certainly such warnings and the treatment of Saudi Arabia and Russia with Iran will be recorded in history, and the future generations will understand how these countries welcomed oil embargoes on Iran. The American bullish behavior will certainly not end with Iran becoming another Venezuela, as it was not the case with Iraq and Kuwait.

Given that Saudi and Russian oil production has increased, it would be fair to say your warnings have had no effect on the production of these countries.

Even though our warnings regarding the production rise of these countries were not inhibitive, remaining silent would certainly not be a proper response. The goal of these countries is to maximize oil production and exports in the price range of $75 to $80 per barrel of Brent crude benchmark. That means more income by less production increase. But rising oil prices would certainly not be in the interest of consumers, and countries like Japan, India, China, and even European countries should pay for US sales of arms to such countries as Saudi Arabia and planes to Russia with higher prices for energy. In fact, by raising oil prices, the United States can collect money from the sale of arms to Saudi Arabia or other countries sooner.

Q: Is Russia approaching Saudi Arabia because of Riyadh's closeness to the White House?

A: Undoubtedly, one reason for this is because US support for the Saudis is made with the price cover and tool, and the Russians are trying to make the most out of the current circumstances by approaching the Riyadh; which is to sell both oil and gas at higher prices. In this situation, it would not only weaken the economies of its main rivals, but also generate more revenue with less production.

Q: Many domestic and international analysts maintain that reducing Iran's oil exports to zero is impossible. What is your view about this?

A: I believe that bringing Iran's oil exports to zero by November under the current situation, and even by maximizing production from countries such as Saudi Arabia and Russia, would not be practical unless Saudi Arabia, and even Europe tap their stockpiles. In practice, if the upward trend of oil prices maintains, production of countries such as Saudi Arabia and Russia does not increase, and the withdrawal of US Strategic Petroleum Reserves (SPR) continues, the United States will have to give some Iranian oil buyers a waiver which would not be in the interest of Iran because of banking restrictions, and would be mostly favored by Saudi Arabia and Russia to earn more revenues in the event that oil prices remain in the $80 range.

Q: In your recent interview with Bloomberg, you stated that the price of oil would rise with the withdrawal of US strategic reserves, which, of course, was the case. How long do you think this price increase will last?

A: Before answering this question, I should say that the United States may use its strategic reserves for a number of reasons. First, a shortage in the event of Iran's full boycott. Second, the rise in oil prices caused by the same boycott, and thirdly, the increase in other countries' stockpiles. I do not predict the continued rise in oil prices. As I said, rising oil prices only help buyers for US weapons from the pockets of European or East Asian countries. The United States has already had such a deal with the Shah of Iran, and at a time, when it sought to raise money from the sale of weapons, its policies led to an increase in oil prices. Of course, Trump also seeks undermining the economy of his rivals by such policies.

Q: International media outlets view US-backed efforts by Saudi Arabia and UAE to deal a blow to Iran. Will such moves against on the founding members of OPEC by other members undermine the organization's international credit?

A: That Saudi Arabia and the UAE have turned OPEC a tool for the US is nothing new. Unfortunately, not much is left for OPEC credit with such measures. It is a fact that OPEC is losing its organizational character and is becoming a forum. Simply said, nobody is afraid of a toothless lion that growls from time to time, and it does not harm anyone.

OPEC is responsible for restoring the market balance, not imposing a boycott on one or two founding members. Article 2 of OPEC Statute emphasizes the protection of the interests of each or all of the member states, and it is imperative that the organization supports countries that are subject to illegitimate, one-sided, cross-border sanctions.

Q: What is OPEC's position about NOPEC?

A: Studies have been conducted at OPEC secretariat regarding the issue of NOPEC and political and diplomatic measures will be taken by countries that have relations with the United States. Of course, US blackmailing does not seem to come to an end in the world and the region. Washington may even boycott Saudi Arabia on the pretext of refusing to open its embassy in Jerusalem, and block the flow of US dollars to this country, or event ban Saudi visits to US, or ask them to account for the 9/11 incident. In fact, Mr. Trump aims at the military encounter of the regional countries, so that US can withdraw oil from the region for many years to come.

Q: What should we have done to render oil boycotts ineffective?

A: This would be too general a questions with many different dimensions. But undoubtedly, preventing imposition of sanctions was the best thing we could have possibly done in this regard. The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) was a good step that, though late, was taken and led to the removal of UNSC nuclear sanctions on Iran. Of course, we had specially counted on Russia, China and Europe, but these countries are seeing their interests in disregarding their claims.

Bringing Iran's oil production capacity to 6 million barrels a day could be another useful measure that could not be achieved without the support of top officials of the country. Enhanced production of oil would require capital, technology and market share, which is at the disposal of major consumers. As you know, the recovery rate of Iran's oil fields is much lower than that in other countries.

Q: U.S. Secretary of Energy Rick Perry recently met the Minister of Energy, Industry and Mineral Resources of Saudi Arabia in Riyadh on Iran. He also met his Russian counterpart later. How much do you think these developments can put pressure on Iran's oil production?

A: We have to wait for the results of these meetings. But there is no doubt that all the parties are against Iran. As I said, Russia and Saudi Arabia are not currently able to increase the volume of their oil production, but they may be able to increase their total production by 800,000 to 1 million barrels per day in a matter of six months to one year. Iraq and Libya, in case of restoration of peace, are the only countries that can add respectively 150,000 and 200,000 barrels/day to their output. Therefore, Saudi Arabia and the United States will need to withdraw from their stockpiles to balance the market, even Europe will have to follow suit if the prices reach $90/b. But talks must be held with every OPEC members for every single barrels of increased oil output.

This interview was originally released by the Iranian Oil Ministry's website, Shana.

http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13970624000719

• Upvote 2

On 8/15/2018 at 5:10 PM, Pitcher said:

The Iranian leaders are really feeling the heat over the sanctions and poor economic conditions.  They are crafting some nice propaganda in their media that blames the Great Satan, The USA for all their problems.  

Its real easy, stop building nuclear bombs and stop with the proxy wars in the ME.  They are NOT the victim, at least not yet.  

On 8/15/2018 at 5:21 PM, 10 YEARS LATER said:

The usual propaganda from a failed regime desperately trying to prop themselves up, blaming   the USA for all their troubles. There are quite allot of psychotics running countries all over the world. 

Just seems no end to it. Many BIG $$$$$ FIRMS & the UN That want to keep it this way too. Manageable Global Chaos. 

Time for the citizens to take charge. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Iran forgetful of past as oil prices strengthen

1313451-2043086736.jpg?itok=pGLx2f84

Iranian oil exports have tumbled to nearly 1.7 million barrels per day, the lowest output in more than two years. There is resulting unease that refiners’ demand is exceeding supply. Tightness in the oil market became evident after the price structure for Brent shifted into backwardation after flirting with contango for most of the previous four months, signaling a tightening of the spot market. Backwardation is when the current price of oil is higher than a distant futures contract. It is seen as a sign of higher immediate demand and a lower oil supply.

This week, backwardation strengthened further, with prompt-month prices higher than forward prices. This does not incentivize the stockpiling of crude. Backwardation market structure is a bullish factor that increases prompt trading activities and draws down inventories. That is a real concern when global oil inventories have already declined.

One country is trying to take advantage of the tight oil market. Iran believes that US sanctions will be unable to reduce Iranian oil exports to zero. Its position is that the global oil market is already tight and rival producers cannot make up the shortfall. However, Iran has neglected to consider Saudi Arabia’s spare capacity of 2 million barrels per day. It has also conveniently forgotten that Saudi Arabia substituted most of Iran’s shortfall in oil output during the 2012-2015 sanctions. Iran is behind much of the rumor-mongering in regard to the imminent rise in oil prices. In truth, the market is tight but oil prices are stable in the range of $72 to $78 per barrel. This is a result of Saudi Arabia’s influence in working with OPEC+ for the good of the global economy.

Outages in some OPEC countries are adding to the upward pressure on prices. Though the US Energy Information Administration (EIA) reported that Libyan crude production jumped in August by 290,000 barrels per day, to 950,000 barrels per day, Libya’s oil production has been volatile and unstable. Major outages at several Libyan ports in June created anxiety that helped push up prices. Output fell from around 1 million barrels per day earlier this year to as low as 660,000 in July.

The EIA also reported that Venezuelan production sank to just 1.26 million barrels per day, continuing its freefall as a result of the country’s economic collapse. Such low exports are tragic for a country with some 300 billion barrels of proven reserves. Unfortunately, due to years of underinvestment, there is currently no hope of Venezuela raising production.

In Iraq, the situation is difficult as well. The protests in Basra, where most Iraqi production and export facilities are located, have created tension in such a tight market. As yet, the violence has not affected oil production, which reached 4.55 million barrels per day in July, and exports recently hit a record of 3.59 million barrels per day. It takes nerves of steel to safely navigate such market conditions. 

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1372841/business-economy

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

LOL

TECH INDUSTRY

Iran accuses Twitter of shutting down legitimate accounts

Twitter should address anti-government bots, Iran's foreign minister says.

SEPTEMBER 16, 2018 1:50 PM PDT

German And Iranian Foreign Ministers Discuss Nuclear Agreement

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif accuses Twitter of deleting accounts belonging to real people..

Sean Gallup / Getty Images

Iran's government has accused Twitter of closing accounts belonging to "real" Iranians while allowing anti-government bots to flourish.

The charges were leveled Sunday in a series of tweets sent by Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif addressed to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey. The removal Zarif refers to is presumably related to a recent Twitter crackdown on fake accounts.  

"Hello @Jack. Twitter has shuttered accounts of real Iranians, (including) TV presenters & students, for supposedly being part of an 'influence op,'" Zarif wrote in a tweet.

"How about looking at actual bots in Tirana used to prop up 'regime change' propaganda spewed out of DC? #YouAreBots," he went on to say in the same tweet, referencing Albania's capital.

Hello @Jack. Twitter has shuttered accounts of real Iranians, incl TV presenters & students, for supposedly being part of an 'influence op'. How about looking at actual bots in Tirana used to prop up 'regime change' propaganda spewed out of DC? #YouAreBots https://youtu.be/g-D5s_yCTQM?t=13m54s 

Twitter and Facebook announced in August they had collectively removed hundreds of inauthentic pages, groups and accounts linked to disinformation campaigns. Twitter specifically said it had suspended 284 accounts with ties to Iran for "coordinated manipulation."

Twitter, Facebook and Google have faced intense scrutiny for their platforms' role in spreading divisive and false news stories in the lead up to the 2016 US presidential election, with lawmakers questioning lawyers representing the companies about what they saw happening during the elections and what they did about it.

Twitter declined to comment.

https://www.cnet.com/news/iran-accuses-twitter-of-shutting-down-legitimate-accounts/

• Upvote 1

Central Bank: The conversion of the dollar from Iraq to Iran has been suspended since 2012

Central Bank: The conversion of the dollar from Iraq to Iran has been suspended since 2012

17/09/2018

Baghdad

The governor of the Central Bank Ali Alalak, on Monday, that the conversion of the dollar from Iraq to Iran has been suspended since 2012, while pointed out that the past months witnessed the transformation of Iraq to the normal follow-up after it was in the gray area.

"The conversion of the dollar from Iraq to Iran has been suspended since 2012, and the Iranians are aware of this," al-Alak said in an interview with Al-Sabah newspaper.

"Any dollar transfer will go through the US Federal Reserve, which will stop the transfer," he said.

He explained that "Iraq was classified in the financial organization responsible for the classification of countries within the framework of money laundering, within the gray area, and his way to enter the black area, to become a financially isolated area and the report of the assessment of Iraq contains 700 observations," noting that "After hard work removed All reservations and turned us Iraq from the gray area to the area of continuous follow-up, and in the past months we have become a normal follow-up area, we are the case of any country in the world. "

ZM

http://aletejahtv.com/archives/254321

• Upvote 1

Halaboussi's  in his first statement: We oppose the siege on Iran

Halabousi in his first statement: We oppose the embargo on Iran

2 hours ago

The new head of the Iraqi parliament, Mohammed Halbusi, on Sunday, Baghdad's rejection of economic sanctions on Iran, and stressed that Iraq will always be alongside the Iranian people. 
This came during a telephone conversation Friday afternoon with the head of the Islamic Majlis (parliament) in Iran, Ali Larijani, who congratulated him on his victory in the parliamentary elections. According to a statement by the Iranian Council. 
Halabousi said that the Iraqi people and members of Parliament appreciate Iran's open support for Iraq in the past and now, especially in helping to liberate Iraq from an oppressive organization. 
He added that members of the Iraqi parliament opposed the exercise of any economic pressure and embargo on Iran, saying that these sanctions unfair, stressing that Baghdad will be alongside the Iranian people always. 
Al-Halbusi stressed that Iraq is ready to stand with Iran to restore security and stability to the region, and called on the President of the Shura Council to visit Iraq.
For his part, Larijani expressed hope that Iraq will be able to complete the current political process and elect the Prime Minister and the President quickly so that the political, economic and social conditions of the country towards more stability, security and well-being of the Iraqi people. 
The President of the Iranian Shura Council on the role of Halabousi important in stabilizing the current situation in Iraq, pointing out that Tehran always wishes Iraq and its people and government happiness and pride. 
The former governor of Anbar, Mohamed Halboussi, was elected as the speaker of the Iraqi parliament after winning 169 votes, defeating his closest rival, former defense minister Khaled al-Obeidi, who received 89 votes.

21212.jpg

Keywords: 
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Iraq's new house speaker challenges US sanctions on Iran

Relations between Baghdad and Tehran are now closer than ever

Iraqi new Parliament Speaker Mohammed Al Halbousi, 37, center, and his political bloc hold a press conference In Baghdad, Iraq. AP Iraqi new Parliament Speaker Mohammed Al Halbousi, 37, center, and his political bloc hold a press conference In Baghdad, Iraq. AP

In a blow to Iraq's leading political coalition that has attempted to distance itself from Iran, Baghdad's newly elected parliamentary speaker Mohammed Al Halbousi voiced his support for Tehran on Monday and opposed Washington's renewed economic sanctions on its neighbour. 

Iran is a key power broker in Iraq and many of the militias that played a central role in ousting ISIS are known to have close ties to Tehran. Iraq has been in political paralysis since May elections that saw nationalist cleric Moqtada Al Sadr's bloc win most seats in parliament but fall short of forming a majority. 

Mr Al Halbousi, a Sunni politician backed by a pro-Iran bloc led by Hadi Al Ameri’s Conquest Alliance, said on Monday that lawmakers in Baghdad oppose any economic pressure on Iran during a phone call with his Iranian counterpart, Ali Larijani.

"Iraq will always be with the Iranian people,” he said, adding that the country will support Tehran in restoring stability and security to the region. 

US President Donald Trump withdrew Washington from an international deal aimed at limiting Iran’s nuclear program earlier this year and reimposed trade sanctions.

Those restrictions include penalties for transactions with Iran in US currency, gold, precious metals, graphite, coal and semi-finished metals, as well as large sales of Iranian rials and the issuing of Iranian debt. US imports of food and carpets from Iran are also restricted.

Washington warned there will be consequences for countries that do not respect the sanctions.

There is an internal Sunni dispute in government that pushed Mr Al Halbousi to become speaker of the house, Renad Mansour, senior research fellow at London's Chatham House told The National.

_________

Read more:

Iraqi PM Abadi weakened as Sistani appears to withdraw support

Iraqi PM Haider Al Abadi faces calls to quit over deadly violence in Basra

US calls for 'moderate, nationalist' government ahead of Iraqi parliament opening

_________

"Halbousi and Khamis Al Khanjar [a Sunni business mogul] is seeking to maximize his power and influence by allying with Nouri Al Maliki and Hadi Al Amiri who are much closer to Iran," Mr Mansour said, adding the businessman was able to get ride of the stronger Sunni political opposition.

Sunni rivals of Mr Al Khanjar describe him as a self-promoter and accuse him of putting his desire for power above Iraq’s stability.

"That’s why the decision was made to stick to the Amiri-Maliki bloc and so Al Halbousi was a product of that," Mr Mansour said.

After Mr Al Halbousi was elected as speaker of the house, members of Mr Al Sadr's coalition walked out of Saturday's parliamentary session.

Mr Al Sadr has challenged foreign influence in Iraq, especially Iranian and American. The anti-corruption cleric whose "Iraq First" message during his electoral campaign appealed to voters across sectarian divides has left both Washington and Tehran on edge.

Iran hailed the selections made by Iraq’s parliament. Lawmakers picked candidates backed by a pro-Tehran bloc as speaker and first deputy.

Mr Al Halbousi's election marks the starts of a 90-day process outlined in the constitution, designed to eventually lead to a new government 

“The Islamic Republic of Iran supports decisions made by the Iraqi people’s elected representative,” foreign ministry spokesman Bahram Ghasemi said on Sunday. “Iran has always supported Iraq’s democracy, territorial integrity and national sovereignty,” he said.

"We hope we will soon witness the election of the president and prime minister to form a new Iraqi government," said Mr Ghasemi.

The post of first deputy speaker was given to Hassan Karim, put forward by populist Shiite cleric Moqtada Al Sadr whose list won the largest share of seats in the election.

Before running in May's national election as a candidate on the Anbar Our Identity electoral list, Mr Al Halbousi was governor of the Sunni-majority province of Anbar, one of the main battlegrounds of the war against ISIS, until he was elected to parliament in the May 12 polls.

https://www.thenational.ae/world/mena/iraq-s-new-house-speaker-challenges-us-sanctions-on-iran-1.771234

• Upvote 2

Erdogan and Putin agree to establish demilitarized zone in Idlib

179201820512488.jpg

3 hours ago

NRT

Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan agreed on Monday to reach understandings on the establishment of a demilitarized zone in Idlib province, a reference to abandoning plans for military action .

"We have decided to establish a demilitarized zone with a width of 15 to 20 kilometers along the seam line, starting from October 15," the Russian president said after meeting with his Turkish counterpart in the Russian resort of Sochi on September 17, 2018.

"Under the understandings with Ankara, the armed factions, including the Nasra Front, will have to withdraw from the region, " Putin said .

"Under the agreement, all heavy weapons will be withdrawn from the area," Putin said, while joint patrols of Russian and Turkish troops would monitor the line .

For his part, Erdogan said that the memorandum of understanding aimed at stabilizing Idlib, noting that for his country, the problem was enabled in units of protection of the Kurdish people and not Idlib .

In a related development, Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shweigo said in a press statement that "there will be no military operation in Idlib."

Turkey has repeatedly expressed its fears that any military operation in Idlib would cause the displacement of millions of people and cause humanitarian tragedy.

H

http://www.nrttv.com/AR/News.aspx?id=4507&MapID=3

• Upvote 2

Qasmi: Iran will not participate in any military operation in the Syrian Idlib

179201814810441.jpg

2 hours ago

NRT

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qasimi said on Monday that his country has no plans to participate in the upcoming military operation of the Syrian army to restore the province of Idlib, which is controlled by factions of the armed opposition .

"We are determined that the Idlib case will be resolved in a way that does not harm the Syrian people, and we will raise some issues during our contacts with Turkey and Russia. We have repeatedly stated that our presence in Syria is limited to support," Qassemi told reporters today. Consultant, and we will not participate in any process there . "

He added that "there are now attempts on the humanitarian issue in Idlib, and we hope to achieve a result in view of the importance of that ."

"We hope that this country will soon be cleared of the abomination of terrorist groups, " he said.

He pointed out that the policies of his country is very clear, with regard to Idlib the humanitarian issue is very important where attempts are now being made and I hope to achieve a result .

It is worth mentioning that Russia shares with Russia and Iran in resolving the Syrian crisis according to the talks in Astana, and comes its position hours before the summit, which brings together Russian President Vladimir Putin and his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan, to discuss the fate of Idlib Syria, which warned the United Nations, the disaster In the event of an attack on Idlib.

R.

http://www.nrttv.com/AR/News.aspx?id=4491&MapID=3

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

US to impose new sanctions on companies linked to Iran

14920182016111-1182174.jpg

2018-09-14

View

NRT

The US Treasury Department confirmed on Friday sanctions linked to Iran on a Thai-based airline and a tourism company in Malaysia.

A new Treasury statement said the new sanctions were aimed at May Aviation in Bangkok and Mahan Travel and Tourism in Kuala Lumpur, according to Reuters.  

"My Aviation, Ltd., based in Bangkok," provides shipping services to Mahan Air, including cargo bookings, as well as passenger booking services.

The Iranian airline "regularly flew fighters and materials to Syria in support of the Assad regime, which contributed to the mass atrocities in the country and the displacement of millions of innocent civilians."

The sanctions include the confiscation of assets of the two companies in the United States, and generally prohibit US citizens from dealing with them.

H

http://www.nrttv.com/AR/News.aspx?id=4399&MapID=3

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Butifldrm said:

US to impose new sanctions on companies linked to Iran

14920182016111-1182174.jpg

2018-09-14

View

NRT

The US Treasury Department confirmed on Friday sanctions linked to Iran on a Thai-based airline and a tourism company in Malaysia.

A new Treasury statement said the new sanctions were aimed at May Aviation in Bangkok and Mahan Travel and Tourism in Kuala Lumpur, according to Reuters.  

"My Aviation, Ltd., based in Bangkok," provides shipping services to Mahan Air, including cargo bookings, as well as passenger booking services.

The Iranian airline "regularly flew fighters and materials to Syria in support system" rel="">support of the Assad regime, which contributed to the mass atrocities in the country and the displacement of millions of innocent civilians."

The sanctions include the confiscation of assets of the two companies in the United States, and generally prohibit US citizens from dealing with them.

H

http://www.nrttv.com/AR/News.aspx?id=4399&MapID=3

Wow  only time will tell how much more Iran can take before something explodes

or the regime implodes.  :twothumbs: Butifldrm.  :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Home Page
Money and works

Convert "Dollar " from Iraq to Iran  "stopped " M...

20180917_023255-456.jpg

Convert "USD " from Iraq to Iran  "stalled " since 2012. Central Bank reveals details
Money and Business Monday 17 September 2018 at 14:32 pm (285 views)

convert  "Dollar " from Iraq to Iran  "stalled " since 2012. Central Bank reveals details

Follow-up/skypress
The governor of central bank Ali al-Allaq disclosed today that the conversion of the dollar from Iraq to Iran has been stalled since 2012, while noting that the past months have seen Iraq turn into the usual follow-up area after it was in the grey area.
"The transfer of the dollar from Iraq to Iran has been stalled since 2012, and the Iranians are aware of this, as the transfer is done in other currencies," he said, referring to the fact that "any dollar transfer will go through the US Federal Reserve Bank, which would stop that transfer."
He added that "Iraq was classified in the financial organization responsible for classifying countries in the framework of money laundering, within the grey area, and in a way to enter the black zone, to become a financially segregated area and the Iraq Assessment report contained 700 notes," stating that "and after a hard work we all Reservations and transformed Iraq from the grey area into a continuous area of follow-up, and in the past months we have turned into the usual follow-up area as soon as any country in the world. "

http://www.skypressiq.net/2018/9/17/تحويل-الدولار-من-العراق-الى-ايران-متوقف-منذ-2012-البنك-المركزي-يكشف-التفاصيل

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Iranian official calls for negotiations with Washington in Iraq
  • yota691 locked this topic