Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

burt reynolds

jeepguy

Burt Reynolds, the mustached sex symbol of the 1970s and 1980s, who ruled the box office with good-ol’-boy movies like Smokey and the Bandit, and earned the critical praise he so badly desired in Starting Over and Boogie Nights, died Thursday in Florida of cardiac arrest, his agent confirmed to Yahoo Entertainment. He was 82.

As much as Reynolds represented an era, he also stood as a timeless cautionary tale. After a five-year run as Hollywood’s No. 1 male movie star, from 1978 to 1982, Reynolds fell into a funk of flops and personal problems, including unfounded health rumors and a nasty tabloid divorce from TV star Loni Anderson, from which his career never recovered.

• Thanks 5

RIP...He was a great actor

Unforgettable in "Deliverance"

Burt Reynolds, star of Deliverance and Boogie Nights, dies aged 82

The much-loved star of hits such as Smokey and the Bandit and The Cannonball Run died on Thursday in Florida

Guardian film

Thu 6 Sep 2018 20.04 BST Last modified on Thu 6 Sep 2018 21.00 BST

4368.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=e150eadd12c1560aa03a7e0d36463870
Burt Reynolds at home in Los Angeles, 2011
Photograph: Most Wanted/REX/Shutterstock
Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 2

When I got out of the Army in '76 I wasn't too concerned about trivial stuff like traffic laws. Far more important was demonstrating proper wheelie technique, humiliating hot rodders,  and finding a fresh squeeze for the night.

Out terrorizing So. Cal one night I was riding the most magnificent wheelie on Balboa Island between the ferry line cars and sidewalk when I noticed a hot babe across the street.

So I slowed down just enough to kick it 90° to cut between cars.

Should have checked the ferry, it was unloading, and they were heading my way.

So still up one one I kicked 90 again, then again to cut in front of the car that was behind the car I just cut.

Imagine my surprise when I noticed it was then none other than Burt Reynolds driving a Jag.

I would have stopped and said hi but he was screaming and the look of terror on his face just didn't seem very inviting.

Besides, his window was rolled up.

• Haha 6
  • Upvote 1

On 9/12/2018 at 5:34 AM, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

***///

HAHAHAHAHA ~ !!!:bravo:

Great share, DiveMaster ! 

Love it !  :twothumbs:

We still love watching him as Quint Asper the Blacksmith on Gunsmoke.  

Hubba, hubba ! :eyebrows:

It wasn't uncommon to cross paths with some of the more down to earth actors.

We had a favorite fishing spot that was just slightly past a fence, but since there were no keep out signs close by it was alway easier to say "sorry" than "can I".

As the number of trips to the spot increased so did our familiarity.

One day I found myself sitting on the dock when this old guy came out of nowhere heading for me, then just stopped.

I ignored him in my peripheral vision but he wasn't moving, just standing there.

Finally looked over and recognized Lorne Green.

We just nodded to each other and he went back to the house.

We would jump in a little aluminum boat and putt around Huntington Harbor on Friday and Saturday evenings.

If you came across a party going on,  landing at their dock was usually the only invitation needed.

Then it was time to scope out the "prospects".

Young ladies with wealthy parents.

The objective was to gain access to a yacht while mommy and daddy were on vacation.

You wouldn't believe the stuff I got to thrash.

Was great until I got a 52' Egg Harbor stuck in Long Beach in low tide.

All my buddies bailed, and I was stuck with the little princess, who turned into an evil witch when the crowd, coast guard, and reporters showed up.

Had to wait for the tide, it was 11 hours pure hell.

Next day I was reading the newspaper article about my beaching the boat and found out princess's dad bought it from John Wayne when Wayne bought the Wild Duck.

Unfortunately when the story got out a few other princesses found out and I lost access to a couple mil worth of toys.

We had some fun while it lasted.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, divemaster5734 said:

It wasn't uncommon to cross paths with some of the more down to earth actors.

We had a favorite fishing spot that was just slightly past a fence, but since there were no keep out signs close by it was alway easier to say "sorry" than "can I".

As the number of trips to the spot increased so did our familiarity.

One day I found myself sitting on the dock when this old guy came out of nowhere heading for me, then just stopped.

I ignored him in my peripheral vision but he wasn't moving, just standing there.

Finally looked over and recognized Lorne Green.

We just nodded to each other and he went back to the house.

We would jump in a little aluminum boat and putt around Huntington Harbor on Friday and Saturday evenings.

If you came across a party going on,  landing at their dock was usually the only invitation needed.

Then it was time to scope out the "prospects".

Young ladies with wealthy parents.

The objective was to gain access to a yacht while mommy and daddy were on vacation.

You wouldn't believe the stuff I got to thrash.

Was great until I got a 52' Egg Harbor stuck in Long Beach in low tide.

All my buddies bailed, and I was stuck with the little princess, who turned into an evil witch when the crowd, coast guard, and reporters showed up.

Had to wait for the tide, it was 11 hours pure hell.

Next day I was reading the newspaper article about my beaching the boat and found out princess's dad bought it from John Wayne when Wayne bought the Wild Duck.

Unfortunately when the story got out a few other princesses found out and I lost access to a couple mil worth of toys.

We had some fun while it lasted.

My uncle owned a gas station in Temple City and he said sometimes he would see movie stars including Haus from Bonanza. I thought I remembered him saying he had a long Cady with steer horns on the front. 

• Upvote 1